Home

Loaded firearms on Aircraft

Posted By: BigBob

Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 07:33 PM

TSA says they have established a new record for seized firearms in carry on baggage, How can people be so stupid!
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 07:38 PM

There is no shortage of human stupidity.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 08:44 PM

Well, supposedly they were 81 million stupid voters at the last election, thats a lot of dumb !!
Posted By: K91773

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 10:58 PM

My wife has a friend whose husband got caught with ammo in his carry-on bag. He uses his carry-on bag as a range bag, was in a hurry to get to the airport and didn't clear it properly. Fortunately for him they just let him forfeit the ammo and didn't charge him with anything. I wonder how many of the people that get caught are actually trying to sneak something onto the plane as opposed to just being careless.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 11:24 PM

For people that carry and do a lot of traveling, I can see where it would be easy to forget if one got in a hurry.
Posted By: charles

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 11:40 PM

An NC Congressman was stopped by local airport TSA for a pistol in his carry bag. Madison Cawthorn.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/18/21 11:40 PM

I'll bet the increase in seizures is due to all the recent first-time gun I owners.
Just plain ignorance.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 12:51 AM

My son is in the 10th Mtn. Div. Fort Drum N.Y. and next month they fly down to Louisiana for a month of training. They fly base to base and his highlite is flying fully armed m4"s 9mm side arm the whole works.....Be funny as heck to see them fly commercial :-)
Posted By: Boco

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 02:37 AM

They likely mistakenly believed they had an unfettered/un-infringed right to keep and bear arms,lol.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
They likely mistakenly believed they had an unfettered/un-infringed right to keep and bear arms,lol.

We did tell some thought it would be ok to accept restrictions. Even our biggest gun rights group.
At the end of the day all those gun laws are not legal.
But its easier and safer to just go along with them as the keep taking more and more.

Dont worry though we are still way better off than canada. I dont need a licens to buy long guns or hand guns. I can carry my hand gun open or hidden.

Its not like i need a permit to have a pellet gun that shoots over 500fps.

But dont worry we will be getting there with our spinless population.

I carry so often i have forgot i had guns on me at times. Like being at work and have that o crap moment.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 02:53 AM

You're way worse off than here.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
TSA says they have established a new record for seized firearms in carry on baggage, How can people be so stupid!

people are so tuned out in their lives , look at how many leave the kids in the back seat in a hot car and go into work or a store , kids are a lot harder to forget than a 18 ounce tool that is not much bigger than a wallet and smaller than a paper back book.

a lot of people also don't feel like the rules should apply to them , look at how many people would fight for their full size bottle of shampoo in their carry on , my own mother and mother in law in 2007 didn't think that rule applied to them they even both flew at lest annually , they were harmless old ladies why would they not be able to have a normal bottle of shampoo , lotion , ect..

also a record number of people especially new gun owners are carrying guns , many have little to no experience with guns and 4 hours of CCW training that does not cover any actuall gun handling , shooting or knowledge of gun practices , just the legal aspects of carrying. they hardly listen there is no test.

and NO I am not advocating any more or different mandatory training , mandatory training is a joke it is either a barrier to entry for some one who needs it or it is a certificate of your now a his speed low drag operator who is border line navy seal awesome with a gun you have never shot before.

think about this we require drivers ed a bunch of hours , a bunch of hours of behind the wheel with an instructor , then a hundred hours of practice driving , then a DMV test , and then look at all the auto collisions , and stupidity , if mandatory training made super safe that should be the best example. about 38,000 unintentional traffic deaths a year and about 500 accidental gun deaths 250 million cars and 400 million guns.

Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 04:34 AM

Well. their x-ray machines do work! Pre covid, when I still flew once a while for work, a friend of mine brought me a couple of rifle rounds he had found at some gravel road approach. I think they were .223 and either there was 2 or 3, I can't remember for sure. I put them into my book bag at work and forgot about them.

I ended up flying a few months later and put the book bag through the passenger screening. I get through but the young TSA guy (I think we have contract TSA at our airport) motions me over and holds out the couple of rifle rounds and says, "Sir, you can't take these on board with you".

I was a bit surprised and was trying to remember what they were so asked, "Are they .223?"
His reply, "Sir, I don't know ammunition but you can't take them with you."
I said, "No, that's fine, wasn't planning to take them with me." And I guess they went into disposal bin. He told me that if I would have had a lot of ammo, I probably would have been fined.

A learning lesson to look through carry on baggage to make sure its "clean" of "contraband" before going to the airport...

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 04:36 AM

Ok enjoy getting your air gun license and permit to trap with a hand gun. I guess its ok if you have never known any diffrent.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 03:26 PM

Ok enjoy getting your air gun license and permit to trap with a hand gun. I guess its ok if you have never known any diffrent.

Yep, its all about the conditioning...
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 03:30 PM

Good Lord. This stupidity AGAIN?
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 03:50 PM

i know a guy that forgot about his concealed weapon, got on a plane undetected, and flew to Mexico. OK, this was twenty years ago.

He knew there was no way he was getting back to the US with it. He sold it to a Mexican gas station attendant.

Wouldn't you think there would be a better, legal solution to a correcting a mistake than to have to commit a felony in a foreign country?
Posted By: Osky

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 03:55 PM

I’d like to see a breakdown of those numbers.
How many had permits to carry?
Average age.
Male versus female.
Nationality/race.

I’ve been traveling more and have had zero issues taking guns and ammo on flights. It just needs to be done correctly. I can do it ten times easier than I can taking claimed long guns into Canada.

Osky
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 04:06 PM

The other extenuating circumstance here is that moat people haven't traveled on a plane since covid started. Of course flying really isnt something most people do anyways so they dont have the flyong rules engraved on their brains.

One breakdown shows the airports with the most seizures is in Texas
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 04:07 PM

This guy just can't help but hammer on the U.S. every chance he gets. Little pet** syndrome most likely. What goes around comes around, they say.
I know a neurologist that inadvertently forgot a handgun in his carryon. He said it was pretty exciting for awhile.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Good Lord. This stupidity AGAIN?

You can't fix that, eh'
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 11:41 PM

Can Canadians carry a concealed handgun, or any other gun for that matter?

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/19/21 11:49 PM

with written permission from Princess Trudeau......

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
with written permission from Princess Trudeau......

Thats bad enough but they need license for an air guns. But they sure are better off.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:10 AM

Carry guns every day of my life,I probably own and use more guns than half the guys on here.
have no use for a handgun-useless tool to me,although some use them.

Guns to me are a tool to be used in my work and to put meat in the pot,I sure dont need a gun to defend myself,lol.
Guns for you are like false courage,like booze to a drunkard.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:13 AM

crazy

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:17 AM

Carry guns every day of my life,I probably own and use more guns than half the guys on here.

Guns to me are a tool to be used in my work and to put meat in the pot,I sure dont need a gun to defend myself,lol.

Once again you miss the point. I guess it to fare over your head to grasp..

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:19 AM

Us Canucks are like bugs bunny and you are like Yosemite Sam,LOL.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:20 AM

I wonder how many made it through with guns and never got caught?

After dealing with TSA a few times I pretty much decided I would put more trust in a housewife who got her gun yesterday than I would the TSA... They aren't exactly a group of crack commandos.

Mike

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:20 AM

It's all about Boco. If you're not like Boco, you don't need anything that Boco don't need.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:29 AM

I take it then that concealed carry is illegal in Canada. However, can you open carry a rifle or shotgun into a supermarket or any other store or carry one on city streets without getting arrested (not hassled by police but actually arrested)?

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:46 AM

No one asked your opinion on handguns. Why are you wasting yours and our time with your little rant? If the thread doesn’t apply to you then move on.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:46 AM

Carry a rifle down a city street?In a grocery store,lol-what are you going to do shoot up the meat counter?Thats absurd.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by M.Magis

No one asked your opinion on handguns. Why are you wasting yours and our time with your little rant? If the thread doesn’t apply to you then move on.

You can move on-I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are.
Who the ---- do you think you are?The forum censor?lol.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 01:32 AM

I understand Boco you use guns every day

but when you travel with said gun do you have to unload it and place it in the case to get in the truck and drive or risk a citation or arrest.

you said we are way worse off

what part is worse

yes there is crime , it is mostly in the cities so if you mean the population density is way less where you are that could be a factor in way worse there.

what is it that makes it way worse specifically.

Canada looks to have about 250 annual firearms accidental deaths but has just 38 million people

while the US has just shy of 500 a year with a population of 330 million

almost 10 times the people but only around twice the total accidental deaths.

Canada looks to have about 12 million guns while the US has around 420 million guns 35 times the number of guns.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 01:40 AM

Carry a rifle down a city street?In a grocery store,lol-what are you going to do shoot up the meat counter?Thats absurd.

No it isn’t. I was just trying to find out how much guns are regulated in Canada and where Canadians rights end. So, I take it, you can have a rifle or shotgun but only in your house and property and to carry in the woods. That’s it.
I did some research. To own a handgun in Canada:
1. A handgun is considered a restricted firearm.
2. You must register it with the government.
3. You must follow special storage, display, transportation and handling requirements.
4. You can’t carry them on your person (apparently no hunting allowed with them)
5. You may own them for target practice or collecting and must prove it will be used for those activities (apparently not allowed for protection)
6. You may shoot them at approved shooting ranges but not on your own property or other property.
I know, you don’t have a need for a handgun but I bet others do including wishing they could hunt with a handgun.

Plus, all persons need a license to purchase a firearm. A read where you government recently banned thousands of ordinary firearms making them prohibited or restricted firearms.
Sounds like your government has lot of control over its citizens when it comes to firearms. Of course, the government in the United States keeps on trying to destroy our rights but thankfully our forefathers had the vision for adopting a second amendment and your government didn’t.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 01:50 AM

[quote=M.Magis][quote=Boco]

And I can tell you that no one asked and no ones cares. What sort of ego must one have to interject his opinion into a topic just so he can get attention? Are you that bored at home?

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 01:57 AM

Like I said I have no use for a handgun (but some do and follow the responsibilities required to do so)and I carry guns in my truck all the time everywhere so I have them whenever I need them.
I can understand how some of you get disgruntled when you slowly find out your rights "on paper" dont translate into rights in the real world.

We dont have rights to guns in Canada -owning guns is a privilege which comes with responsibilities,which you guys are slowly realizing is the same as the reality in the US, regardless of what is "on paper".

No need to get disgruntled in a fun convo on the internet.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
[quote=M.Magis][quote=Boco]

And I can tell you that no one asked and no ones cares. What sort of ego must one have to interject his opinion into a topic just so he can get attention? Are you that bored at home?

Nobody asked for your opinion either.And everyone injets their opinion into topics-so what?

And yes you care about my opinion or you wouldnt be so irked about it.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:06 AM

Your worse off Green,because you feel you need to have guns to protect yourself or for basic safety.

That is not the way Canadians live and I sure wouldnt want to live in fear like that.
I have no fear of going anywhere in Canada unarmed.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:23 AM

To further prove my point,I read on here all the time you guys saying your "rights" on paper dont translate to rights in reality.
I think you are beginning to slowly realize you have been fed a line.

I hate to say it but I think there is a lot more coming your way with the Omicron pandemic starting to take off.
I read on the news tonight Biden has some surprises coming for you.
Could be fake news I guess-what you think?

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:29 AM

Your right Boco, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I just like my right to own and carry a handgun. I am also well trained in using them so I don’t need a privilege and appreciate I don’t need permission from a federal government to own one.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:32 AM

I got no problem with that,like I have no problem with our regulations here,I support gun licences here,it makes buying and selling guns very easy.There is no waiting or 3rd partys involved when shipping like you guys.
But obviously you dont have uninfringed rights like you think you do.
Lots of regulations around guns just like here but different.

Thats the way I see it anyway.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:53 AM

Like I said I have no use for a handgun (but some do and follow the responsibilities required to do so)and I carry guns in my truck all the time everywhere so I have them whenever I need them.
I can understand how some of you get disgruntled when you slowly find out your rights "on paper" dont translate into rights in the real world.

We dont have rights to guns in Canada -owning guns is a privilege which comes with responsibilities,which you guys are slowly realizing is the same as the reality in the US, regardless of what is "on paper".

No need to get disgruntled in a fun convo on the internet.

I have a gun on my hip. When i need it it is there i dont have to go to my truck. There are guns in my vehical as well. They stay loaded and are ready for use on my hip, in my vehical and in my home. . If stoped by the the cops my guns are a non issue. That is not an idea on paper that is how it is. I dont need to do any goverment aproval to buy a rifle, shotgun, or handgun darn sure not an air gun.
Keep relling yourself its on paper and people dont really have that ability. Or come down and see it for yourself.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 02:58 AM

I got no problem with that,like I have no problem with our regulations here,I support gun licences here,it makes buying and selling guns very easy.There is no waiting or 3rd partys involved when shipping like you guys.
But obviously you dont have uninfringed rights like you think you do.
Lots of regulations around guns just like here but different.

Thats the way I see it anyway.

I dont have any waiting period and can buy a gun from any person selling one with no body else involved and no goverment ok required or record of the transation . Diffrent states have diffrent rules dont asume they are all the same.

Re: Loaded firearms on Aircraft - 12/20/21 03:00 AM

true that rights on paper do not translate to reality , often when we talk about this it is in the context that xyz city or county or state in particular is infringing hard on said right the majority of the US isn't the issue , no matter what there is always some Gov looking to infringe on your rights , it is the nature of government and it has been for longer than either has been a country.

I think many of us carry guns not because we are actually in any more danger than most any Canadian , we just don't want to be on the news talking about how helpless we were when that bad thing did happen. it happens in Canada and it happens in the USA.
the fear isn't so much of the crime but not being able to help should the opportunity arise

the sad for black people reality is that if your a Caucasian or Asian American you have a really low risk.
if you live some where rural , even lower.
if you have a job and support yourself decently , not in poverty , even lower.

who mostly carries guns for protection , Asian and Caucasian men and women who are not in poverty and have decent jobs. your less than 1 in 100K putting it below the Canadian 1.85-1.95 per 100K

like wise Caucasian and Asian Canadians , that work and are rural probably also come in very low less that 1 in 100K.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums