Home

I May be a Bit Edgy

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 03:33 PM

Not sure how to take a recent poll on the wife’s side of the family. My nephew asked my SIL who would be on her “fight team“. What is a fight team you ask? (I had to) It’s a group of 5 individuals you want on your team in a crisis. After polling the entire family I was the only one selected to be in everybody’s 5 from my nephew to my FIL.

All this time I thought I was the “class clown” of the group. I guess I be gone it down with the Red Laws on the books.

Do I seem like a lunatic?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 03:48 PM

What do you mean " seem like " ??
Posted By: Posco

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 03:57 PM

Most days you could pass yourself off as being relatively normal.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:10 PM

Everyone wants the crazy man on their side when there's a fight comin up.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:10 PM

Hobbie, I'd wear that like a Badge of Honor. Obviously your skills and abilities are well respected and desired, at least by those who know you well.

I can't speak for some of this crowd though. shocked whistle

You're welcome at my fire any time. smile

Charlie
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Not sure how to take a recent poll on the wife’s side of the family. My nephew asked my SIL who would be on her “fight team“. What is a fight team you ask? (I had to) It’s a group of 5 individuals you want on your team in a crisis. After polling the entire family I was the only one selected to be in everybody’s 5 from my nephew to my FIL.

All this time I thought I was the “class clown” of the group. I guess I be gone it down with the Red Laws on the books.

yeah they may be willing to eat raccoon in TEOTWAWKI but they need you to catch them

I wonder if some of this stuff is coming from a TV show I haven't seen my neighbors said , I was their top pick for their Team the other day.

I guess I did butcher an entire cow in my garage and kitchen this year and every one likes to eat.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:26 PM

You need a funny guy around...even (especially) during a crisis!
Posted By: bad karma

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:29 PM

it is always the quiet ones....

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:29 PM

You guys are gonna make me cry. frown
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:36 PM

How many today have killed things with methods other than shooting in todays world? Knife, blunt force trama, drowning, or strangle. Very few outside of trappers. We also seem to have many more survival skills and outdore knowlage and those are our hobbies not an after thought. All people with any brains know they need that to survive. You have that and a great persionality. Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?;)
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
What do you mean " seem like " ??

grin

I'd say Y whistle

But that's ok....you're special
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
You need a funny guy around...even (especially) during a crisis!

So he's their Jester?
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:43 PM

Maybe you've got them all fooled like a buddy of mine that I work out with.
He thinks he's got his wife convinced that he doesn't really like fishing. But, feels he has to go almost every day to try to put food on the table.
I think she knows better. smirk grin

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?;)

Only if there are plenty off broken sea shells to cut my feet on and seagulls to throw rocks at.

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Maybe you've got them all fooled. smirk grin

I’ve only been in one altercation since I’ve known them. A friend of mine was visiting from SC and he wanted to see my SIL, this was back before she married. Anyway, she was at a birthday party so we stopped by. A couple guys got mouthy so we spoke up. Next thing we know it’s like 25 against 2. We threw down and when all was said and done, first graders were laid out everywhere.

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 05:13 PM

How many today have killed things with methods other than shooting in todays world? Knife, blunt force trama, drowning, or strangle. Very few outside of trappers. We also seem to have many more survival skills and outdore knowlage and those are our hobbies not an after thought. All people with any brains know they need that to survive. You have that and a great persionality. Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?;)

I find it is a some what unique skill set that probably shouldn't be

besides everyone wants a guitar player around , going to get real quiet with out all the iPods and streaming services

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I find it is a some what unique skill set that probably shouldn't be

besides everyone wants a guitar player around , going to get real quiet with out all the iPods and streaming services

I bet that’s it!!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 06:39 PM

How fat are you? Maybe they are planning on surviving on you....??
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 09:08 PM

Are you the slowest person in the group? They may believe they’ll out run and the savages will get you first.

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by coyotesoldier229
Are you the slowest person in the group? They may believe they’ll out run and the savages will get you first.

I think running defeats the “fight team” concept. lol
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by coyotesoldier229

I think running defeats the “fight team” concept. lol

Touché
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/08/21 11:26 PM

They need somebody on board that knows, what parts ya can eat, what parts ya can wear and what parts to make bait out of to catch more! lol
Posted By: headache73

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/09/21 03:11 AM

[Linked Image]
My wife's family calls me Eddie

Re: I May be a Bit Edgy - 12/09/21 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by headache73
[Linked Image]
My wife's family calls me Eddie

but no one wanted Eddie on the team

they want Hobbie on the team
© 2024 Trapperman Forums