Home

Dodge 1500 eco diesel

Posted By: jv220

Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 08:28 PM

Who has one and has put some miles on it? Reliability?
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 08:40 PM

We have 3 on the farm. They get great mileage and have been good to us. Like all new diesels they can’t spend a lot of time sitting around running or the exhaust filter will get plugged.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 10:06 PM

Two guys at work have them and like them a lot.
Posted By: charles

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 10:08 PM

My son had a Jeep with the V6 diesel engine. Horrible problems. In dealer's shop more than his driveway. Persued the lemon law clause.
Posted By: run

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 10:14 PM

Only problem I see is the price of diesel is spiking. Other than that, I say go for it.
Posted By: RustyShacklefrd

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 10:18 PM

We had a whole fleet of them at work . My boss had the very first year they were out and it was absolutely horrible . It was in the shop all the time with electrical issues and DEF issues. I had the second year they were out . Had a ton of issues with it for the first while then it worked good but I never let it idle and drove it pretty hard .

The rest of fleet was terrible . They had them a few years and traded every single one for hemis .
They figured the thousands in maintenance wasn’t worth the savings in fuel I guess
Posted By: Grey squirrel

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 10:38 PM

When I worked in an underground mine , the only engines allowed to operate down there were diesels because they couldn’t get gas engines to run clean enough, true story only kind I tell, the exhaust from those equipment engines emitted cold clean exhaust, you could put your face in the exhaust pipe while the engine was running and breathe clean air, ! No smell, no smoke, no heat, huge diesel powered equipment, I personally operated many many machines down in the mine, and almost zero emissions,
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/14/21 11:49 PM

No first hand experience with them. But the neighbor who farms with me had one and melted down a piston at 12,000 miles. 70 year old dude who wasn't even hauling with it, just driving it down the highway like a car.
Posted By: run

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/15/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Grey squirrel
When I worked in an underground mine , the only engines allowed to operate down there were diesels because they couldn’t get gas engines to run clean enough, true story only kind I tell, the exhaust from those equipment engines emitted cold clean exhaust, you could put your face in the exhaust pipe while the engine was running and breathe clean air, ! No smell, no smoke, no heat, huge diesel powered equipment, I personally operated many many machines down in the mine, and almost zero emissions,

Interesting info.
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/15/21 05:27 PM

Fiat isn't known for their diesels last I checked.
Posted By: cmj

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/15/21 08:04 PM

My friend bought one the first year they made em. It spent more time at the shop than at his house. The dealership bought it back, lemon law.
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/15/21 09:19 PM

My son has one, runs like a champ. He and two buddies had a moose hunt in Newfoundland. They ran it hard getting there and even harder coming home with three moose so it was loaded down pretty good. Never a glitch or hiccup. Smooth, quiet, and great mileage.He also puts on some good mileage for work. He would or will buy another. I'm running the same truck only powered with the little v6. When it's time I'll replace it with the diesel.
Posted By: ringtail 60

Re: Dodge 1500 eco diesel - 11/16/21 01:42 AM

Have a friend who owned one, it was in the shop a lot. Dealer even replaced the engine. Eventually bought back by Dodge, lemon law. He had to get a lawyer though.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums