Home

Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same

Posted By: MinkGuy

Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 02:32 AM

This afternoon while hunting for deer in a stand my phone rang. My caller ID said Bob Best. I'd posted on here before that Bob wasn't feeling well. Struggling with Lung Cancer. Well when I saw he was calling I excitedly answered. Hello Bob! I wasn't even trying to be quiet because hearing from him had to be a positive.
Unfortunately, the Voice was that of his son's Jack. He said No this is Jack. Don I wanted to let you know Dad Passed away today.
Nothing rocks a person like those words.
I hate to tell you all this sad news as Bob was an asset to his family, his community, his church and the trapping world. He showed me so much and he shared more than a person would ever be expected to do.
Pray for his family. When friends pass I don't think we ever gain back what is lost. Bob did make the world much better.
He will be at the Rupert funeral home in Knox, Pa.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 02:35 AM

Sorry Don. My condolences to you and all his friends and family. Losing a good buddy is very tough.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 02:38 AM

So sorry to hear this.
Posted By: eedup

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 02:54 AM

Oh crap. Bob was an awesome guy and made some great trapping equipment. I set up near him at several conventions, talked to him at your last minktoberfest. He and Jack built me a bunch of throwing springs recently. RIP.

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 02:59 AM

Yes, he had a great mind and could engineer anything you could imagine. From his quick connect toggles to his tube traps you could count on good quality. He was a master of trail sets. He wrote many articles for the Buckeye Trapper- Just Thinkin'
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 04:24 AM

Dang, I hate to hear that. Bob was such a great friend to my parents and to me. He will be missed an awful lot.

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 04:53 AM

Cancer got him. He had a great perspective on life. He spoke of your Dad often and credited him with different theories and innovations. Bob enjoyed teaching and sharing with others. He seemed to have a lot in common with your Dad.

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 04:53 AM

Cancer got him. He had a great perspective on life. He spoke of your Dad often and credited him with different theories and innovations. Bob enjoyed teaching and sharing with others. He seemed to have a lot in common with your Dad.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 09:59 AM

A sad day in the trapping world, may he rest in peace.
Posted By: trapperjim1

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 10:10 AM

One of the most innovative people I've ever met, always thinking of ways to improve the effectiveness and humaneness of trapping equipment. On top of that he was a great guy, funny personable and down to earth. He will be missed greatly.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 10:14 AM

Stay strong Jack. Thinking of you and yours.
Posted By: red webb

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 10:21 AM

Sad day here . Prayer sent. He will be missed.
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 10:21 AM

Absolutely great man. Wonderful guy. Really sharp. One of the tallest in the trappers world. He will be greatly missed
Posted By: ack

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 10:43 AM

Sad news. Prayers for his family.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 10:53 AM

RIP brother
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 11:03 AM

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for his family.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 11:09 AM

How sad. He was a great friend and help to me. Prayers for Jack and family and friends.
Posted By: Don Adams

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 12:20 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent up for his family and friends.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 12:27 PM

Goodness, our ranks continue to thin.
Thanks for the update Don.
Prayers for all involved.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 12:43 PM

RIP
Prayers
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 01:03 PM

May he rest in peace
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 01:03 PM

Sad news, RIP Sir
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear this...Bob was a resourceful guy always had a project going. He will be missed. Prayers sent to his family.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 03:29 PM

Sorry for your loss,
God Bless.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/04/21 05:45 PM

A good man left us.
Posted By: Trapper Dan 57

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/05/21 09:15 PM

Bob indeed, was one of a kind ! He was one of my dearest friends whom I will truly miss. He helped a many trap and trap related manufacturer develop their products and skills in many aspects of manufacturing. I could write a book about all our conversations, from rabbit hunting to winding trap springs. He gave from the heart when someone was in need ,never needing a thank you. There are many trapping related products on the market he had a hand in designing and improving. A designer, engineer , machinist , trap manufacturer , seasoned trapper and one of the nicest men you could ever know, all in one. His legacy is being carried on by his son Jack and grandson Allen at the RC Best Traps Mfg. I would say rest in peace old buddy, but you are a tinkerer, and probably designing some kind of spring to power the Pearly Gates. Thanks for all the memories!
Posted By: Minker

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/06/21 01:47 AM

Rest in Peace Bob , you will be missed by many a trapper who'd met you at conventions & elsewhere .
Posted By: Mark Kohler

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/06/21 04:11 AM

i got the same call from jack, what a sad day, i have many great memories of our time spent together, charles dobbins introduced bob to me over 40 years ago bob was an amazing man with so many skill and talents, it would take hours to type out, a great teacher with loads of common sense! bob lived his life right with integrity to god, family, and country , another trapping legend has left us ,a great friend never to be forgotten.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/06/21 04:40 AM

Rip Bob.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/06/21 12:10 PM

Sorry to hear.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Bob Best- when friends pass we are never the same - 11/06/21 10:55 PM

I have known Bob for most my adult trapping life. We always visited and I looked forward to his new contributions to the industry. I tested some of his creations over my lifetime as they came available. In fact I still use many of his traps and hardware to this day.

I will miss you my old friend. God speed to you. Thank you for all your sharing with me over the years.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums