Home

Cuban help needed

Posted By: eastwood44mag

Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 04:18 PM

Well, since I'm laid up from surgery, I'm spending my days watching Food Network (bad idea, I know). Anywho, with the weather getting colder, I'm looking for all day recipes that we can start in the morning and have ready when my wife gets home. That got me thinking, and now I'm craving ropa vieja desperately. Anyone know a good recipe? Thanks, all.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 04:44 PM

no help on cuban, I made a soup last week , I thought I was digging a neck bone out of the freezer but ended up with a chuck of brisket from the cow I butchered at the beginning of the year when it was thawed and I could see it clear , wife was labeling and just labeled it beef

like any French soup is starts equal parts carrots , onion , celery aka the French Trinity

bay leaves and some herbs de province

added some water and let that cook down slow most of the day salt to taste

cubed up the brisket and put it back in for a little while

split pea would be another favorite all day

as well as chili

pulled pork , pig head , are good most of the day cookers in the oven , keeps the house warm without burning oil (range is natural gas)

Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 04:50 PM

I had to google it, but it looks like braised beef to me. All you need is whatever spices you like to be added to make it Cuban. Garlic, and an Italian seasoning blend with the main difference being adding in sliced stuffed green olives. I bet it's pretty tasty.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 04:55 PM

Lots of different types of roasts, stews,soups,etc recipes adapt well to crock pot/slow cookers that can be left to cook on slow all day and ready to dig in for supper.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 05:09 PM

Better re think that cooking gig she might just want you to cook all the time.LOL
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 05:10 PM

Do some slow cooked carnitas

[Linked Image]
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Better re think that cooking gig she might just want you to cook all the time.LOL

Gonna make it out of coon. Last time I roasted one, she saw the meat fall off the ribs and has refused to eat it since.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 06:10 PM

Sounds like it was done bud, what does she have to complain about? grin
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Cuban help needed - 11/02/21 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Do some slow cooked carnitas

This is what I just had for lunch. Happy Taco Tuesday lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums