Home

Are cows sensitive???

Posted By: wissmiss

Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 06:05 AM

This has got to be one of THE DUMBEST things I have seen or read in a long time. And there is a lot of stupid stuff going on out there!!

PETA want MLB to change the name of the area where pitchers warm up from “bull pen” to “arm barn”. The reason - “bull pen”is insensitive to cows!!!!

Don’t believe me. Here is a link to the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/peta-urges-mlb-change-bullpen-201910778.html

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
Posted By: James

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 09:02 AM

But "bull-pen" is sexist!

Jim
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 09:40 AM

Just peta screaming "look at me"!! Idiots.
Posted By: run

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 09:52 AM

It's already been covered in the meme thread.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 11:25 AM

My cows aren't Into Baseball or Pet a
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 11:56 AM

Are cows sensitive? Yes they are in ways far and away too complicated for the average PETA puke to understand.

Sensitive? They will start bedding down in the middle of the day about 24 to 48 hours before a big rain event moves in. Old boy was on Johnny Carson once and explained how his old milk cow had gone up against National Weather Service as far as predicting rain, and she won hands down.

Average PETA puke wouldn't be smart enough to pour (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) out of a boot with instructions written on the sole.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 01:41 PM

They most certainly are.

At their nose, the tops of their ears and my favorite twisting their tail.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 10/30/21 01:58 PM

So.........is MLB going to......yes I have to say it.....cow tow to the dipsticks ?
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 12:55 AM

I milked cows one summer and we always had a radio on for the cows. The dairy barn at the college I went to also had a radio on 24/7.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 01:06 AM

Country? Talk? Classic rock? Maybe Eddie Arnold and Cattle Call?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 01:16 AM

FOX news-Whiney Tucker Carlson
Originally Posted by HayDay
Country? Talk? Classic rock? Maybe Eddie Arnold and Cattle Call?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by MTHunter
I milked cows one summer and we always had a radio on for the cows. The dairy barn at the college I went to also had a radio on 24/7.

Pandora?
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 01:36 AM

Raise beef, Dumb animals. Just dumb and no not sensitive.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 01:44 AM

If PETA wants , I have a couple of bulls they can ask! They just need to talk fast and don’t turn their back!! grin
Posted By: harryleggs

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 05:25 PM

How 'bout if cows could FLY!!!!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 05:56 PM

why would cows care what the bull pen is called ?

as long as they get fed watered and milked twice a day it's all good

most cows never visit the bull pen anymore safer that way you fellas and your gloves are much more gentle than the bull.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 05:59 PM

These people get to vote. No dumb but scary.
Posted By: nate

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 08:33 PM

Don't know!!
I do no if you sing to them while your milking them they produce more milk, it goes in one ear and out the udder. lol
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 08:40 PM

ANYTHING to get your name mentioned on the news!
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 09:22 PM

Is sensative the same as tender? As in medium-rare?
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 10:11 PM

Most cry when you call them a fat cow. So yes, cows are sensitive. I only cry when someone calls me old. Lol
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/01/21 10:18 PM

Now that you mention it,, all,my white chickens have been complaining about all that BLACK lives matter business.
Posted By: Dragger

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 02:12 AM

Cow-pen for women's baseball? Just want to be fair.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 02:18 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt it named the Bull Pen after a chewing tobacco sponsor?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 02:56 AM

They're sensitive to stray voltage... Check out grounding/bonding info for dairy barns. It doesn't take much voltage at all to effect milk production.

Weirdest thing I've ever heard... Thought it was a joke at first.

Mike
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 03:05 AM

Cows are far more sensitive to electric shock then humans are and other environmental and weather related events. Their eye sight is not binocular (as with most prey species) and thus they see about 330% plus degrees but up close things are out of focus and thus knowing how they see and what would distract or disturb them is key when managing in close quarters as many are today.

We should not lose out on opportunities like this. We don't need to make fun of those that make week or very poor arguments. We need to capitalize on their ignorance and arrogance. It only matters to humans what a bull pen or arm barn is called. Cows need sperm from males to birth calves so if they are inseminated naturally or artificially it matters not as they need the sperm to gestate and give birth. As is typical in these types of statements it is not at all about the cows or the animal it is about human interpretation of what some think animals can learn, know or reason. Having worked with cattle 60 plus years of my life (Dairy primarily) I have learned a lot from cows on how to best manage cows. We had the names of the cows above their stalls all they years they were in the milking string and I never heard any of them mooing out their name. They could find their stall by habit and odor but not by reading the name plate.

Bryce
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Cows are far more sensitive to electric shock then humans are and other environmental and weather related events. Their eye sight is not binocular (as with most prey species) and thus they see about 330% plus degrees but up close things are out of focus and thus knowing how they see and what would distract or disturb them is key when managing in close quarters as many are today.

We should not lose out on opportunities like this. We don't need to make fun of those that make week or very poor arguments. We need to capitalize on their ignorance and arrogance. It only matters to humans what a bull pen or arm barn is called. Cows need sperm from males to birth calves so if they are inseminated naturally or artificially it matters not as they need the sperm to gestate and give birth. As is typical in these types of statements it is not at all about the cows or the animal it is about human interpretation of what some think animals can learn, know or reason. Having worked with cattle 60 plus years of my life (Dairy primarily) I have learned a lot from cows on how to best manage cows. We had the names of the cows above their stalls all they years they were in the milking string and I never heard any of them mooing out their name. They could find their stall by habit and odor but not by reading the name plate.

Bryce

Switch the nameplates around and see what happens. smile
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 11:16 AM

I’ve got 5 or 6 in the herd that are very sensitive after calving! They will stomp a mud hole in you without hesitation it you touch or attempt to touch their babies. laugh
Posted By: K52

Re: Are cows sensitive??? - 11/02/21 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by TraderVic
So.........is MLB going to......yes I have to say it.....cow tow to the dipsticks ?

They already have when they embraced blm.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums