Home

Coolbot…..anybody use one?

Posted By: Coonman300

Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 02:46 AM

Just curious if anyone here has used the coolbot cooler system. The compressor has gone out on my deer cooler and by all accounts this would be a good replacement for my cooling system. Would love to hear from someone that has used it. Thanks.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 03:02 AM

I use one, Make sure your A/C unit is big enough. Not all A/C manufactures are compatible with the unit. Mine works great and keeps my cooler at 34 degrees regardless of out side temp.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 03:14 AM

Was a thread on Eastman's hunting about them and they got great reviews
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 03:17 AM

Ive heard good things. Been thinking about trying one.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 10:58 AM

There were two good threads on this subject a little over a year ago:

Coolbot

And a follow up review by the OP:

Coolbot Review
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 11:01 AM

We have one at work, we use it to keep strawberries, greens, turnips ect. cold. Not exactly sure how it works but it sure keeps stuff cold.
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 12:19 PM

I have one in a 31x13 well insulated shop. It works pretty well. I just got a bigger AC unit but have not hooked it up yet. It was 88 degrees here yesterday and the warmest I saw in the shop was 48 degrees. Having an extra box fan blowing will make a big difference when cooling meat. Gotta keep that air moving.

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 06:20 PM

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 07:58 PM

Every time I see coonman post Curiosity calls and I start reading.Three words in and no misspelling and I look up and see it’s coonman 300.HaHa
Posted By: Newt

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 08:01 PM

I love mine
Posted By: TravisJerden

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/04/21 11:59 PM

Our Trappers association has a referral link to save a few bucks.

https://storeitcold.referralrock.com/l/3792BF59/

Delete that if not allowed
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 03:14 AM

They get the job done. Had one for a few years now. Currently we keep a 10 x 20 "cold room" between 35-45 degrees for a few months every spring to keep our nursery stock in hibernation mode. Personally I feel like the control units are over priced, but in todays world not a lot of things are a bargain.
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 10:52 AM

Coonman300 is yours inside or outside? How is it the humidity? Just curious how hard one of these rigs work down in the south.

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 11:47 AM

Thanks Travis!!

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hanger
Coonman300 is yours inside or outside? How is it the humidity? Just curious how hard one of these rigs work down in the south.

I have a 6x8 walk in cooler that is outside under a shed. Humidity is very high. It has a true commercial compressor with dual fans inside that run 24/7. It has no problem staying at 37 degrees and runs very little. It has gotten old and I have to spend about $400-500 every few years to add Freon etc. was thinking about the coolbot option with a new AC unit instead. I only need it 3 1/2 months out of the year. Looks like the AC and coolbot would be over $1,000. The cool part would be having wifi so I could monitor it remotely . My land is 75 miles from my home.
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 04:06 PM

10-4 was just curious. Was thinking of getting one but I would probably run it 24/7 for hanging meat. Might be cheaper for me to just process everything and freeze.
Posted By: lindner115

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 04:34 PM

I am actually thinking of using one for our show steers. They've got good reviews from the show animal circuit as well. I was gonna use a 25,000 BTU A/C for a 12x16' room.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by lindner115
I am actually thinking of using one for our show steers. They've got good reviews from the show animal circuit as well. I was gonna use a 25,000 BTU A/C for a 12x16' room.

What do you thin the set up cost will run including setting up the room? Got a mess of grandkids hitting age to start showing steers
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/05/21 05:14 PM

If anyone is interested, I have a compressor with a 5 fan evaporator for sale. Will easily cool 400 square to 34 degrees. Pm if interested. Located in western Colorado.
Posted By: lindner115

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/06/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Originally Posted by lindner115

What do you thin the set up cost will run including setting up the room? Got a mess of grandkids hitting age to start showing steers

Havent penciled much out yet. Hopefully $3000? I'll have a grand in AC and coolbot. Gonna build a 2x6 room that can be taken down, spray foam insulation.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Coolbot…..anybody use one? - 10/06/21 04:17 PM

Used one last year at a friends place. It worked great. Had about a 6' x 8' cooler he made.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums