Home

Anyone quit Facebook

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 09:57 PM

For the betterment of the country? Are you still on it supporting the evil? Yes/no.

Me, I never joined.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:00 PM

Never been on FB, Twitter, Instagram, or any of the social media sites....except Tman.
Posted By: MNEric

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:04 PM

Never been
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:05 PM

I am on FB , and I wouldnt quit it for the betterment of the country, and that is one of the stupidest things I'v heard for a while....seriously, if you want to persuade Americans that censorship exists, that is one of the battle fields you need to fight on, unless your ----(nads) are really tiny.

Some folks have never been on there, and I'll give (like the internet God I am) them a pass.

Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:06 PM

Was invaluable for me living overseas in a 3rd world country. The only way I had to contact friends and family.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:06 PM

S&R...you are talking about something you've never joined, and know so little about, I agree with the evil part, but from the standpoint of participation and experience..
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:08 PM

I quit 6 years ago and deleted my account.
When friends started getting accounts suspended for posts they made sometime 2-3 years previously I knew what was coming up the pipe.

My social media consists of text messages, emails and good old fashioned phone calls.

About 3 X a month I still get some spam supposedly from farce book wanting me to connect to a link to log in to change my account password. They state someone from Russia has signed into my account.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:09 PM

Quit it a year ago, don't miss it at all. I'm sure if I logged back on it would be the same people complaining about the same things. Don't miss the drama that people like to fabricate for attention.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:14 PM

fb itself isnt good but the messenger app is awesome. Its what i use to send pics to my sons relatives in Asia. Its only drama if u subscribe to the drama.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:15 PM

Lol I got 7 days to go of my 5th 30 day jail sentence....Never dropped the soap or got any tattoo's in FB jail. The last two times I was jailed it was for using the word killing, once on a trapping page discussing dispatch the other a deer hunting page, talking about shot placement. The rest were all Joe Biden** critiques.... Once you're marked you're marked!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
For the betterment of the country? Are you still on it supporting the evil? Yes/no.

Me, I never joined.

Words from a guy that’s not on there that makes me laugh it’s really funny. It seems the fight is to much for some. It’s never been a better time to be on there really the Left won’t even come out and fight now but you would know that if you were on there. LOL crazy
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:20 PM

I quit a few months ago. It was really only good for buying and selling things.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:22 PM

Quit about 4 years ago…don’t miss it. Except for not knowing anyone’s birthdays now, lol.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:22 PM

To all wondering what they have missed on Facebook:

Facebook is a social media site used by women to judge and gossip about each other. And it is a repository for stupid memes that a lot of people unfortunately think are news--they're not. Oh yeah, and it is where people brag about food, their average children, new appliances and other not brag-worthy items/events. #newdishwasher #blessed

Deleted my account several years ago.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:23 PM

never joined
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:30 PM

Never had any desire to be on there.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:33 PM

I check it every day. It gets pretty repetitious but it fills me in on some things political and allows me to buoy like-minded folks.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:33 PM

I quit Facebook. Just got tired of it.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Facebook is a social media site used by women to judge and gossip about each other. And it is a repository for stupid memes that a lot of people unfortunately think are news--they're not. Oh yeah, and it is where people brag about food, their average children, new appliances and other not brag-worthy items/events. #newdishwasher #blessed

#thatsspoton

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:38 PM

The same could be said for this place in some respects. You're still here...
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:39 PM

I’m on Facebook to keep track of friends and family that are spread around the US. Lots of my friends aren’t on Tman. Also to sell things - selling is free, no fees.

FB is just like any other internet site - how you use it is up to you. If you don’t like the posts/threads - don’t read them.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:40 PM

Lots of trapping groups on Facebook. I really enjoy some of the content. Yes there's also a lot of drama. Kinda like here.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Lol I got 7 days to go of my 5th 30 day jail sentence....Never dropped the soap or got any tattoo's in FB jail. The last two times I was jailed it was for using the word killing, once on a trapping page discussing dispatch the other a deer hunting page, talking about shot placement. The rest were all Joe Biden** critiques.... Once you're marked you're marked!

On my 3rd 30 day ban as well. 5 days left, lol. This time was for saying women were stupid and would rather spend money on vacations then good things like trucks, 4 wheelers or coonhounds. I guess a woman calling other women dumb is hate speech, lol.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:46 PM

The same could be said for this place in some respects. You're still here...

I actually thought about that as I wrote my comment. I am spending more and more time in the archives and Strictly Trapping. Those are at least informative and people are more likely to know what they are writing about. I like Tman over there much more.

But you're right there are some similarities. The big difference is that Mr. Dobbins doesn't have an algorithm suggesting exactly what you should not be reading/watching.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:47 PM

I actually thought about that as I wrote my comment. I am spending more and more time in the archives and Strictly Trapping. Those are at least informative and people are more likely to know what they are writing about. I like Tman over there much more over there.

But you're right there are some similarities. The big difference is that Mr. Dobbins doesn't have an algorithm suggesting exactly what you should not be reading/watching.

Don't give him any ideas, LOL

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

On my 3rd 30 day ban as well. 5 days left, lol. This time was for saying women were stupid and would rather spend money on vacations then good things like trucks, 4 wheelers or coonhounds. I guess a woman calling other women dumb is hate speech, lol.

Yep, you're marked it sounds like....We both know the first 30 day ban comes after a warning, 24 hour ban, then a 3 day ban, and then a 7 day ban....Yep you're a hard core Lady! I like it! Lol Stay strong convict!

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:49 PM

I actually got about a half a dozen 7 day bans before ever getting a 30.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:51 PM

Yep, you're marked it sounds like....We both know the first 30 day ban comes after a warning, 24 hour ban, then a 3 day ban, and then a 7 day ban....Yep you're a hard core Lady! I like it! Lol Stay strong convict!

I'm up to the three day moving into the seven day ban. I mentioned I thought Nancy Pelosi should be hanged. Didn't seem out of line to me.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:54 PM

I actually thought about that as I wrote my comment. I am spending more and more time in the archives and Strictly Trapping. Those are at least informative and people are more likely to know what they are writing about. I like Tman over there much more over there.

Don't give him any ideas, LOL

BC likes to share his "point of view" far too much to stay away from Trap Talk. Just sayin...Not that we all don't do the same.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:56 PM

i seen whts on facebook-bunch of retards gushing about what they had for breakfast.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:59 PM

I actually got about a half a dozen 7 day bans before ever getting a 30.

Discrimination!!!! lol I guess some crimes are worse than others...One of my employees got out of FB jail the other day, 30 day set, only to go back in for 30 days more in his first post! We had a betting pool, but all times had it at 1 to 2 weeks, not 10 minutes!

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

Me, I never joined.

Words from a guy that’s not on there that makes me laugh it’s really funny. It seems the fight is to much for some. It’s never been a better time to be on there really the Left won’t even come out and fight now but you would know that if you were on there. LOL crazy

This

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
i seen whts on facebook-bunch of retards gushing about what they had for breakfast.

You would fit right in.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:00 PM

I've made friends with Christian brothers in Nigeria. Where else are you going to do that?

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:02 PM

I am on da 3 of a 7 day ban for suggesting we execute those 2 afgan child rapists, because that goes against community guidelines, and I disagreed with that decision to ban me.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

You would fit right in.

I'm not on it and you are-nuff said.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:07 PM

I've never been on but the wife is. I'm not ever figuring on either

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:31 PM

I’ve been on Facebook for about 10 years and never had a ban.

I’ve been on Tman since 2002 and never had a vacation.

There must be something wrong with me!! LOL
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les
I am on FB , and I wouldnt quit it for the betterment of the country, and that is one of the stupidest things I'v heard for a while....seriously, if you want to persuade Americans that censorship exists, that is one of the battle fields you need to fight on, unless your ---- are really tiny.

Some folks have never been on there, and I'll give (like the internet God I am) them a pass.

You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. Keep on supporting censorship and bad people. Have a good day.
Posted By: Spade

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:42 PM

Nope not anymore, was in jail more than on facebook, guess you can't call someone a dumb s--t, or butt-hole, mostly medical forums where "do no harm" is thrown out the window
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/26/21 11:45 PM

I was on just for the market place but it didn't take me long to see it wasn't worth it so I deleted my account and don't miss it.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:03 AM

Yes, several months ago. Happy to not be getting all those stupid notifications.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
I’ve been on Facebook for about 20 years and never had a ban.

Holy Schniekeys!!!! You've been on there longer than Zuck.... lol

I got on facebook just after it emerged from the dorm room. When I joined it wasn't like it is now. It was mainly for professionals to network with each other. Then about 2009 it really exploded and everyone had an account. Right about Obamas second term is when the censorship started. Then When Trump got in it really turned into the fact check/ ban you for stupid crap stuff you see now.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:16 AM

Never needed to see people's dinner plates or what they were drinking.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Never needed to see people's dinner plates or what they were drinking.

And there's two posts on here right now about those exact subjects lol.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:35 AM

I'm on FB a fair amount. I use it to keep in touch with family a bit more than the odd phone call. Nice to see photos of nephews that I only see once or twice a year now... You miss out on a lot with distance and FB can help fill in the gaps.
The key is to be able to ignore all the stupidity and propaganda and keep a mental checklist of where folks stand on some important issues LOL.
It won't hurt you if you don't let it.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:39 AM

I'm sitting in Facebook jail now,just got out and got put back in.Apparently your not supposed to respond to posts where Trump and his supporters and 2nd amendment advocates are trashed relentlesly.I didn't swear,or threaten them but I did respond as forcefully as they gave.They reported me and I got called on the carpet for "harassment and bullying". If it weren't for some friends and family I'd be gone,I'm getting close to it now anyway.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:47 AM

Never joined, pretty sure I'm not missing much.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:49 AM

Facebook was a pretty big time suck for me. I quit it a couple of months ago.

Facebook is valuable for business.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 01:10 AM

I kicked Zuckerberg out of my social media circle last November
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 01:14 AM

Wow,, I thought trappers were tougher than what's represented here, y'all got real thin skin if your letting people with no spine chase you off there.

Been there forever it seems and it has changed , however I'm not the sort to feel threatened by an unknown person that use big words to make others feel inadequate !

Some of my best friends are on there and it's a great way for me to stay in touch with them, and I also do a lot of my business exchange information and trading and bartering on it, cheaper and quicker than the phone most times, can do pictures as well.
I'm certainly not leaving them because it's grown censored, so far they have left me alone as I do on occasion trade insults with others about their challenges LOL

What I don't like I don't read, and never got upset enough about some one calling me out to thrash me when they did not like my reply.
Actually have had those threats here more than any where else LOL, what irony !!

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Originally Posted by wissmiss
I’ve been on Facebook for about 20 years and never had a ban.

Holy Schniekeys!!!! You've been on there longer than Zuck.... lol

I got on facebook just after it emerged from the dorm room. When I joined it wasn't like it is now. It was mainly for professionals to network with each other. Then about 2009 it really exploded and everyone had an account. Right about Obamas second term is when the censorship started. Then When Trump got in it really turned into the fact check/ ban you for stupid crap stuff you see now.

My mistake. Fat finger typing. It should be 10 years. Still never a ban.
Posted By: Mortz

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 02:51 AM

Never had any interest in those “social media “ sites. Would never get involved with them. Full of fake people looking for attention. This site is all I need, thank you.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:20 AM

There's a group that goes by the name of 'Women's March' I poke in the eye frequently. As best I can tell, they're a bunch of leftist lesbians trying to tell straight women what their grievances should be. I'm not going to self-censor and make Zuckerberg's job easier than it has to be.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 05:04 AM

I never joined but I look at my wife's account occasionally to keep up with family stuff and I use it to sell things on occasion.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mortz
Never had any interest in those “social media “ sites. Would never get involved with them. Full of fake people looking for attention. This site is all I need, thank you.

Really????? And Trapperman doesn’t have fake people looking for attention?????

You need to take the blinders off and look at the real world!!!!!

No fake people on trapperman??? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: CoonNfoxtrapper

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 06:14 AM

I ditched it. To much hate and fighting over stuff we cannot change in this world.
Freed up alot of time for me to do more stuff that needs doing. Do miss keeping up with friends and family on there but not enough to get back into it. Zuckerberg is a puke and ill avoid anything that makes him $$
Posted By: DWC

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 11:08 AM

People comparing this website to facebook are missing one key factor-this website is not a leftist billion dollar enterprise attempting to control how people think and live.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 11:42 AM

Here is a thought- If you want to keep up with friends and family, why not call them? Or you can stay on there and make zuck more money.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:07 PM

I'm on Facebook. And I look at it like this.....it's just like this site and any of the others I follow, you get out of it what you want to get out of it. Lots of whining and arguing everywhere you look. A lot of "my dad can beat up your dad" everywhere also.

I scroll past just as much stuff on here that means nothing to me as I do on Facebook.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Never joined, pretty sure I'm not missing much.

Ditto.
Posted By: run

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Here is a thought- If you want to keep up with friends and family, why not call them? Or you can stay on there and make zuck more money.

X2.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 12:47 PM

Sadly, it is the best way to keep up with my Army buddies. Same for a few other people with certain circumstances.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 01:18 PM

I have Trappeman...that's all I really need.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 01:55 PM

About the time I thought I should get on the facebooker wagon it came out they collecting and selling personal information. So I never got on the wagon.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
About the time I thought I should get on the facebooker wagon it came out they collecting and selling personal information. So I never got on the wagon.

That's been going on since it's inception, fb was heavily funded by the CIA just for info gathering. That has been known forever.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 03:44 PM

Where else is there such a target rich environment to poke liberals?
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 03:59 PM

quit 4 years ago and havent looked back such a waste of time and energy!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:17 PM

I left some months ago but signed back up to make contact and organize an effort to overthrow the government. So far no jail or blocking. Everything is going smoothly.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:28 PM

Little Markie Zuckerberg is involved in more than censorship and thought control.

https://wisconsinspotlight.com/special-investigation-infiltrating-the-election/

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by possum63
I'm on Facebook. And I look at it like this.....it's just like this site and any of the others I follow, you get out of it what you want to get out of it. Lots of whining and arguing everywhere you look. A lot of "my dad can beat up your dad" everywhere also.

I scroll past just as much stuff on here that means nothing to me as I do on Facebook.

Very true about the content and I can see where it'd be nice to catch up with long distance relatives.

That said, I never joined and for sure now wouldn't for one reason.....the owner uses the money he makes and uses the site to advance an agenda I'm 100% against.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Patrice
Little Markie Zuckerberg is involved in more than censorship and thought control.

That’s proof of nothing other than him offering help to over worked election officials.

Quite admirable to say the least.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

That’s proof of nothing other than him offering help to over worked election officials.

You might want to read it again.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:48 PM

lol

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:56 PM

Maybe it'll sink in to ya Hobbie.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:56 PM

lol

I'm not laughing. I live in Wisconsin and I watched while our elections laws went out the window after these people bought their way into the process.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:58 PM

I think you missed his sarcasm font, Patrice.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 04:58 PM

You ain’t new here. You know me better than that.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 05:00 PM

Haha.

Stacy Abraham stole George and I wonder who pays her way? Not saying sucker did but someone just like him if not.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 05:06 PM

The world's getting so weird these days I think I'm developing anger issues.

Thanks, Angela.

Sorry, HB!

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 05:14 PM

The world's getting so weird these days I think I'm developing anger issues.

Thanks, Angela.

Sorry, HB!

I understand COMPLETELY. No apology necessary.

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Castormound
Where else is there such a target rich environment to poke liberals?

Solid motivation.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 08:19 PM

I never started. And Won't!

I'd be kicked off first day grin
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 08:33 PM

My wife signed me up years ago. I have never used it, but every now and then I get a message that says, "A lot has happened since the last time you were on facebook." It makes me laugh since I've never been on facebook.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
I've made friends with Christian brothers in Nigeria. Where else are you going to do that?

A kind fella that didn't even know me called me and helped me avoid getting my social security # suspended.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/27/21 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

You surely don't have a cellphone either then.?
Posted By: InTheDitch

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 12:18 AM

I quit all my social media over one year ago, and honestly its great grin
they are all pretty useless distractions in life IMO
Posted By: bass10

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 12:26 AM

Well I joined a couple years ago. I mainly use it for marketplace. I have rentals and like getting cheap used building materials and tools. It’s also nice when I’m on the crapper to see what’s happening with my buddies on Lake Erie and hunting, nice reports. I don’t accept many other friends or family as they post stupid shizzz. I also don’t use it to get too caught up in politics. That’ll drive a man nuts, I already know what is being done to our once great country by this idiot and his cabinet!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 09:13 AM

I've never been on it.
I still write and mail letters, and use the telephone
Guess I'm a dinosaur

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
I still write and mail letters, and use the telephone
Guess I'm a dinosaur

I had strike duty one time and instead of hanging out in the hotel lounge after work I sat in my room and wrote my wife a love letter, mailed it the next morning. Grabbed a flight home the end of the week. Beat the letter home by 3 days. lol

You aren’t the dinosaur, the system is.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 12:31 PM

never joined but I think I am missing out on market place.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 12:47 PM

I have been off FB for almost 2 years now
Posted By: possum63

Re: Anyone quit Facebook - 09/28/21 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by possum63

Very true about the content and I can see where it'd be nice to catch up with long distance relatives.

That said, I never joined and for sure now wouldn't for one reason.....the owner uses the money he makes and uses the site to advance an agenda I'm 100% against.

If I worried about everyone who is using my money against me with bad agendas I'd be a rich man.....I'd never spend a dime.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums