Home

Can Not Sleep!

Posted By: trappingthomas

Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 07:04 AM

Again Tried every thing You all doing ok!
Posted By: James

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 07:06 AM

Have you tried Ambien CR?

Jim

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by James
Have you tried Ambien CR?

Jim

No will consult and try. Thank you!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 07:12 AM

go for a long walk or do something constructive.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 09:55 AM

Benedryll
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:16 AM

Advil PM
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:18 AM

Get a cheap guitar from a flea market and start learning how to play it when you have trouble sleeping.
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:29 AM

Be careful with Ambien you may forget what you were doing or not be aware of what you are doing while on it
i was on it and lost a whole Monday once. wife said i was acting normal but i woke up Tuesday thinking it was Monday with no recollection of the events of the day before
Posted By: run

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Get a cheap guitar from a flea market and start learning how to play it when you have trouble sleeping.

Sounds like an interesting solution.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by TRAPPER TOM
Be careful with Ambien you may forget what you were doing or not be aware of what you are doing while on it
i was on it and lost a whole Monday once. wife said i was acting normal but i woke up Tuesday thinking it was Monday with no recollection of the events of the day before

Sounds like Age grin
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:47 AM

Find some ASMR videos on YouTube in a genre you enjoy. Try to stay awake while watching them, bet you can't.

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by run

Sounds like an interesting solution.

Most times when I can’t sleep I just need some order. A few minutes of scales or chord progressions and I have no trouble falling to sleep when I lay back down.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 11:02 AM

You could try reading a book. I read every night. I try to get about an hour in but if I'm tired I'm done in about twenty minutes. When i start rereading the same paragraph and not comprehending I know it's time for lights out.
Posted By: coalbank

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 11:28 AM

Get up early and work hard all day. Try natural sleep herbs. Chamomile, lemon grass or valerian root tea.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 11:59 AM

Funny you say this. I play mine before bed every night. Went to the guitar store when I was in college and bought the $100 deal with the bag and cheap picks and all that. Played myself to sleep every night for the last few years grin
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by trappingthomas
Again Tried every thing You all doing ok!

Same issue all my life. Mind races. Now with this leukemia its easier
Posted By: Marathon

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:17 PM

Many of the OTC pain killer PM meds just have an added dose of the medication (diphenhydramine) found in benadryl. If that works for you, you can save some $ and get 600 tablets for @ $5 as Sam's. Take a cheap ibuprophen on the side if you want.
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by TRAPPER TOM

Sounds like Age grin

NOPE i was in my 30's
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:23 PM

I can send you an Organic Chemistry textbook, it always seemed to put me to sleep...

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Redknot
I can send you an Organic Chemistry textbook, it always seemed to put me to sleep...

LOL.
Posted By: BKS

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:31 PM

I’ve fought insomnia my entire adult life. I used ambien when it first came out, walking, eating etc in my sleep, increased sex drive but I was asleep so I’m glad my wife is understanding 🤣. I’m back to using melatonin to sleep but I take 20mg of it. It helps a lot.

This is THE BEST I have ever used, 1 scoop to a small glass of water and within 30min you are asleep
https://primevallabs.com/products/e...orouV8wIVNRitBh3uJwWNEAQYAiABEgIzSvD_BwE

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:35 PM

BKS, that product looks nice.
Posted By: charles

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 12:43 PM

No caffeine in the PM.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 02:29 PM

I work rotating 12hr shifts. Most times I make them 16 hrs. One week on days next week on nights. 4hrs in early or out late. Needless to say my eating and sleep patterns are poor. I seldom sleep more that 3hrs at a time and am often up for 24- 30hrs at a time. It's getting though now that I'm 41.

Time with my wife (kid friendly?) Puts me right to sleep. But when I'm working in away from home so that's out. I can't take anything when I have to be back to work with 8hrs between shifts with 45min drive each way.

I have yet to find a solution.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 02:39 PM

Heavy Indica
Posted By: LDW

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 02:44 PM

Been a life long struggle for me. Have tried the drugs, no thanks. All the over the counter stuff does nothing, same results with the all natural stuff. Does come in handy during fur season. I'm in the fur shed at all times of the night turning fur, tumbling, washing or boarding.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 03:27 PM

There are many things that can affect your sleep. Such as: a virus residing in your body, chemicals in your body, low amino levels, or your brain chemistry(low gaba or serotonin). Until you identify what is causing the problem it's hard to come up with the right solution or supplement. Just a few things to consider.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 03:37 PM

Did you get the vaccine?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 03:59 PM

If you cant sleep,your not tired.
Get up and go to work until you are tired enough to sleep.
Keep with your body's schedule,not a fake one by the clock.
I had trouble sleeping when I tried to stick to a 24 hour clock schedule which was not in sync with my body and mind.
My normal schedule is to be up for about 20 hours and sleep for 8.never have trouble sleeping now.
Posted By: The Spruce

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 04:21 PM

If legal where You live, get some weed gummies. I use them when it is hot here in the summer. I don't eat enough that it would get me high (not My thing), but just enough that it makes me sleepy.
Give it a try if legal, it works surprisingly well.

Spruce

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/23/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Spruce
If legal where You live, get some weed gummies. I use them when it is hot here in the summer. I don't eat enough that it would get me high (not My thing), but just enough that it makes me sleepy.
Give it a try if legal, it works surprisingly well.

Spruce

Good idea.

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 01:13 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone. My issue is def. in my head. When I was younger and started becoming a little successful I stressed about things to the point I got very bad stomach ulcers. So I took meds. for a while and learned not to stress that way and got off the meds.. Got more successful and each days pay meant less which helped. Now there is just a ton more at stake and I can fall asleep but start dreaming about what I need to do tomorrow and wake up. I know boo woo sounds stupid.

Have a wife and kids so the guitar and drums lol are out of the question. Reading the Bible some nights helps but have trouble keeping my mind on the Good Book or any book while my mind is racing.

Alcohol has been my crutch for years but weening off that.

I own a shop and do some real estate investing on the side. So the hours are not wasted instead I work on real estate options.

I will work through it. Just a life long worry wart!

Sleep tight T-man crew! You are awesome people (well most of you lol)!
Posted By: larrywaugh

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 01:35 AM

Fought it for years my doctor prescribed trazadone it works for me and I have noticed no side effects. He wouldn't give me ambien said it was addictive. I have used the trazadone for almost 20 yrs now.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 01:46 AM

You ever read Jbyrds posts about football..? Puts me to sleep everytime smile
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 01:54 AM

Sex, Sex and more Sex

Be careful with the Ambien, Iv heard some bad things abt it.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 02:11 AM

Smoke a fat one….take a trip and Nevah leave the farm
Posted By: James

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 02:37 AM

Ambien CR helps me sleep. I don't have any problems with it now that I'm taking 6.25 mg. (one tablet), but when I was taking a larger dose (12.5 mg.) I could stay up for hours writing and have no memory of that time period the next day. My prose read like it had been written by a stranger.

I will say that Ambien CR is the one thing I've found for chronic insomnia that actually works. Every night, for regular sleep--which is important to our health.

Jim
Posted By: SJA

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 02:40 AM

Eat a good potion of Carbs about 11:00 p.m. . . . you should be sound asleep within 1/2 hr. . . . nothin' tried, nothin' gained :-)
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Benedryll

Yep....works for me. Many sleep aids with real similar ingredients, too. Cheap in generic form and every doc/nurse I've talked to about it says no worries....take as needed.

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by trappingthomas
Thanks for the advice everyone. My issue is def. in my head. When I was younger and started becoming a little successful I stressed about things to the point I got very bad stomach ulcers. So I took meds. for a while and learned not to stress that way and got off the meds.. Got more successful and each days pay meant less which helped. Now there is just a ton more at stake and I can fall asleep but start dreaming about what I need to do tomorrow and wake up. I know boo woo sounds stupid.

Have a wife and kids so the guitar and drums lol are out of the question. Reading the Bible some nights helps but have trouble keeping my mind on the Good Book or any book while my mind is racing.

Alcohol has been my crutch for years but weening off that.

I own a shop and do some real estate investing on the side. So the hours are not wasted instead I work on real estate options.

I will work through it. Just a life long worry wart!

Sleep tight T-man crew! You are awesome people (well most of you lol)!

For the record an electric guitar unplugged is not very loud. lol

Hope you find the solution.
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 01:16 PM

Generally a good day of changing aircraft tires or breaking apart tractor tires and stacking bales helps me get tired for the night.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Can Not Sleep! - 09/24/21 01:58 PM

I have the exact situation as your describing trappingthomas. Nothing will really stop a busy mind
Especially when you have your own business.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums