Home

Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s

Posted By: Finster

Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 01:44 PM

Here's a young girl with a horrible case of Tourette’s. However, she seems to try and make the best of it. I've been watching her youtube channel for awhile now. She's pretty funny and seems happy. Almost to the point where you think that maybe it's fake. She just posted a video this morning though. It's not fun and games. It's pretty dark. I feel sorry for the poor girl. When you think you have it tough, remember there are people out there that do a lot more with a lot less. Here's a link to the video, keep in mind it's not posted here because of the profanity and there is a ton of it so keep that in mind if you click the link. She obviously cannot help it. Things just come out of her mouth and he has major tics where she can't control her movements. This is the darkest video she has ever posted but it shows how bad this disease really is.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 02:13 PM

No matter how bad it gets, there is always someone, some where that has it worse.

Thanks for sharing.

Charlie
Posted By: charles

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 02:25 PM

So sad. Once had an elderly neighbor who spit uncontrollably.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 02:32 PM

My son has tourettes, mostly the tics, and they change..It was worse when he was a kid, a lot of folks tend to "grow" out of it, at least the worse parts, He's much better now, unless you know, you couldn't tell.

When he went to school momma bear gathered all the facts, had a big meeting with the principle and teachers and made sure he wouldn't get labled as a problem..He told the kids right off the bat and they were cool with it, grammer school kids are more understanding then pre teens... He never had a problem in school , and graduated in the top 5%.

He was lucky, some kids are badly affected by it.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 02:40 PM

I went to high school with a set of twin brothers there that had Tourettes. It was tough on them. Swearing was uncontrollable for them. They also told me the meds they took to help them had its own problems too.

Tough stuff.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 03:01 PM

i worked with a guy that had that.he learned to control it pretty good.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 03:03 PM

Redeye flight everybody's asleep and some guy shouts out swearing! That got the flight attendants attention you better believe. Poor guy.
Posted By: woodtick

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 03:43 PM

l
Originally Posted by gcs
My son has tourettes, mostly the tics, and they change..It was worse when he was a kid, a lot of folks tend to "grow" out of it, at least the worse parts, He's much better now, unless you know, you couldn't tell.

When he went to school momma bear gathered all the facts, had a big meeting with the principle and teachers and made sure he wouldn't get labled as a problem..He told the kids right off the bat and they were cool with it, grammer school kids are more understanding then pre teens... He never had a problem in school , and graduated in the top 5%.

He was lucky, some kids are badly affected by it.

My girlfriends son has tourettes, mainly tics, being around strange people makes it worse, because of anxiety issues
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 03:55 PM

She handles it and plays it off well,thanks for the link. My son and I had fun watching her. She is a great jokester too. Watched like 8 of them.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 05:54 PM

WOW! . . . this is a thread I sure didn’t expect. I’ll share this with you as briefly as I can. I, and my Umpire Crew had a SR. Girls Softball Championship game this past Saturday. There was a girl that was the pitcher on one team that had tourettes and she would take the “signs” from her father who was in the bleachers as she had a hard time “understanding” the manager and coaches. It had been brought to the attention of the opposing team in the first game as well as the previous Umpires. The other team won that game, and not by much. No problem in this game, no complaints from them. During my game, this young lady was pitching extremely well and her team was leading by several runs. All of a sudden the manager of the other team calls time and complains / protests her taking signs from her father in the bleachers. By Rule “we” had to explain to her manager that this had to be discontinued. The girl was heartbroken and replaced for the remainder of the game as a pitcher. Not one time did she say, show, or display any unusual words or actions while on the mound other than a brief smile while on the mound.

In “our” opinion, the other team showed BUSH LEAGUE and unsportsmanship conduct to pull this stunt when they were losing . . . AND THEY DID LOSE, all on their own! :-))

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
She handles it and plays it off well,thanks for the link. My son and I had fun watching her. She is a great jokester too. Watched like 8 of them.

The video where she reads "The Wonky Donkey" is pretty funny. She seems to have a good time reading it. I sure wish this young lady well.
Posted By: niteprowler

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 06:44 PM

Can someone please pm me the link or give me a call and let me know what it was.I clicked on it earlier to watch it but it some how accidently went to something else.So when I came back to get it again and it was gone.Please and thank you.

OK thank you ! When I was around 20 I met a guy who had Tourettes.It gave him some really bad problems.Then later on my son had a friend with these types of problems.It was mostly with the tics with him though.It helped that he was able to explain it pretty well !

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by niteprowler
Can someone please pm me the link or give me a call and let me know what it was.I clicked on it earlier to watch it but it some how accidently went to something else.So when I came back to get it again and it was gone.Please and thank you.

Yup, Mods must have taken it out because of the cursing. If you go to youtube and search for "This Trippy Hippy" it's her latest video. It's titled "Worst Tourette’s Day Ever"

Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 06:54 PM

I feel terrible for anyone that has this
This is a serious question and I'm not berating anyone
Why do I always see the people with tourettes swearing? Are there some people with this condition that yell out nice things instead?
Posted By: niteprowler

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 07:16 PM

Thank you Finster
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 07:53 PM

Ok, I don't know if this was tourette's but it is a true story. Bout 30 years ago I worked with a guy that if you jabbed him in the ribs, he would throw out a punch and say what ever he was thinking. On lunch break we were outside, a bunch of us at a big round picnic table, and these two office gals come walking by.

They were two hotties, both in miniskirts and both had ice cream cones they got in town. Well the lightbulb went off in my head so I jabbed Ken and he threw that punch and yelled, " give me a bite of that ice cream cone". Everyone lost it, I laughed so hard I cried because I thought he'd say something about those good looking gals, but no, he wanted ice cream!
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/21/21 11:51 PM

I feel sorry for people that have that frown
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Think you have it tough?... Tourette’s - 07/22/21 12:33 AM

I had an employee that had it. He controlled it pretty good.
When it would strike he'd make a hum/laughing noise.
If he got nervous he would do it more often.

One of the nicest hardest working guys I had, he died last year, RIP Jeffy.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums