Home

? for all!

Posted By: BigBob

? for all! - 07/10/21 09:23 PM

Would you as a tenant, who thru no fault of your own, because of Coved, owed 2 years of back rent, and was kept from being evicted by law, do the honorable thing and make an effort to pay off the sum when you finally get back to work, or, would you slip out of the place in the middle of the night?

What if the Fed's pass a law making it illegal to dun and prosecute past tenants?

Rent @ $1500 per month times 24 months, = $36,000.

Wouldn't you as a landlord, require a reference from a previous landlord, and thoroughly vet it by checking it for factuality, before renting? What if the Libtards say you can't do that?

Some serious problems are coming down the pike!
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 09:28 PM

You might have a hope if you was too big to let fail.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Would you as a tenant, who thru no fault of your own, because of Coved, owed 2 years of back rent, and was kept from being evicted by law, do the honorable thing and make an effort to pay off the sum when you finally get back to work, or, would you slip out of the place in the middle of the night?

What if the Fed's pass a law making it illegal to dun and prosecute past tenants?

Rent @ $1500 per month times 24 months, = $36,000.

Wouldn't you as a landlord, require a reference from a previous landlord, and thoroughly vet it by checking it for factuality, before renting? What if the Libtards say you can't do that?

Some serious problems are coming down the pike!

Yes, a person of valor and credible character will make every effort to do the right thing.

That said.........

That is a big pill to swallow but delight in the Lord and cheerfully forgive.
Posted By: Thumbian

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 09:41 PM

I know I would . But I agree with you that some landlords will probably never get paid
Posted By: jabNE

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 09:46 PM

Isn't this the new American way? Have your debt forgiven and walk away?
Rent, student loans, credit cards, auto and home loans, you name it.
Don't need to work, others will pay taxes so you can enjoy life and benefits.

Its mind boggling what has happened to things like honor, integrity, doing the right things, responsibility, and treating others fairly.

Jim
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 09:58 PM

with all the money being handed out in unemployment/stimulus, child tax stuff, the guy is a deadbeat if he got that far behind and you wont see a nickel
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 10:08 PM

I just don't see how any government can just step in and say "This private citizen doesn't have to pay that private citizen for goods or services rendered."
Posted By: Boco

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 10:15 PM

No because the landlord was covered by govt cheques for the non paying tennant who also got govt cheques.
All buisnesses got the CERB.
Posted By: charles

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 10:38 PM

I knew a couple about ten years ago who had substantial credit card debt and auto loans. They were probably behind on their payments and the loan holder gave them a sweetheart deal to payoff their debt. Some other loan company advanced them the money. They immediately traded their 2-year old car for a new model and were deeper in debt than before. It is how they live today, I am sure. As soon as they are payed, it is gone. Same for a new credit line.

Forgiveness never helped them accomplish anything but new debt. Who do we blame?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
No because the landlord was covered by govt cheques for the non paying tennant who also got govt cheques.
All buisnesses got the CERB.

I did not know that. So the government paid the rent for the tenants?
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: ? for all! - 07/10/21 11:34 PM

Talk about a nightmare...this whole tenants don't have to pay scenario made me decide NOT to become a landlord
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 12:47 AM

Bozo is wrong again.Landlords were Not compensated.There will be many foreclosers sales here in the near future,due to the fact the renters were not required to pay rent,,while the landlords were still required to pay their taxes on the properties.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 12:53 AM

Did the Govt let anyone slip thru without paying income taxes? HAH! I think not!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 01:07 AM

well 2 years of not making any payment , I don't buy March of 2020 to March of 2021 is one year and if you can't find a job or make a deal on the rent well I just can't see that as a no fault of one's own case.

I would have probably tried to make some sort of a deal along the way

36K is a lot of money
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 01:13 AM

If I was the tenant I would not have owed that much to you. If I was the owner - I would have sold a property before a tenant owed 36k. You can't boot them out for no rent- but you can sell them out.....
Posted By: Posco

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Isn't this the new American way? Have your debt forgiven and walk away?
Rent, student loans, credit cards, auto and home loans, you name it.
Don't need to work, others will pay taxes so you can enjoy life and benefits.

Its mind boggling what has happened to things like honor, integrity, doing the right things, responsibility, and treating others fairly.

Jim

The idea of anyone making money off another human beings need is anathema to leftists. How else are they going to structure a system where the government pays for everything? Child care, health care, education, food and housing. They have to collapse the present system.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 01:24 AM

Catch me if you can laugh
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 01:29 AM

If the renters were laid off because of Covid, then they got a sweetheart deal with the extra $600 per week the feds kicked their way on top of their regular check. Why in the heck didn't they have to pay rent? I haven't drawn an unemployment insurance check in over 34 years, but my memory tells me when I was laid off......my rent was still due, job or no job.

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Bozo is wrong again.Landlords were Not compensated.There will be many foreclosers sales here in the near future,due to the fact the renters were not required to pay rent,,while the landlords were still required to pay their taxes on the properties.

Any buisness can apply for the cerb.And slum landlords are a buisness.
As a matter of fact many made out like bandits.
And you're the Bozo.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 02:23 AM

Covid has cost everyone
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
If the renters were laid off because of Covid, then they got a sweetheart deal with the extra $600 per week the feds kicked their way on top of their regular check. Why in the heck didn't they have to pay rent? I haven't drawn an unemployment insurance check in over 34 years, but my memory tells me when I was laid off......my rent was still due, job or no job.

Exactly! I was 42 years old before I owned a brand new vehicle. Took lots of hard work and pinching pennies by the wife and I. 4 little boys and money was tight but we paid cash. I have sympathy for the renter only.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 02:51 AM

Would I?
Yes

I would have to be physically unable to do anything at all to not pay something though.

Of course that is the way some of us were raised too
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 03:44 AM

No way anyone cannot pay rent for 24 months

I've been a renter
I've owned and rented 2 nice places

Not all landlords are slumlords ^^^
Posted By: bblwi

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 04:01 AM

Saw the law says the can get 24 months rent free? Well that to me means they can live there another 8-9 months rent free because we are only 16 months into COVID related reasons for not paying. Everyone is different but I would not have lived or rented in a place I could not afford. One needs a pretty good job to pay 1500 per month plus utilities and renters insurance etc. If they were manipulators and planned not to pay and cut and run that may be why they took on a rental like that.

I was a person who financially never bit of more than I could chew and it seems many just feel it is okay to promise to full fill their commitments chew up what works for them and leave and that works both ways. I know I have worked with businesses that owed a lot when they folded and left dodge and many of those who got hosed were also clients and students of mine.

Bryce
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 06:12 PM

The Govt has screwed everyone
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
The N.W.O. has screwed everyone
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
The New World Order has cost everyone
Posted By: Vinke

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 07:14 PM

You wed to put specific clauses in your rental agreement
Pest control
Septic/ sewer maintenance
I always pay for water so that it can be turned off if needed
Lost to much time from angry people putting cement in the sink and turning on the water
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: ? for all! - 07/11/21 07:32 PM

That in effect was a taking of private property without compensation.. Landlords need to bring a class action suit against the Federal government.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 10:36 PM

up
Posted By: adam m

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 10:54 PM

I haven't skipped rent or mortgage the entire time. I don't see how people can feel good about themselves for not paying even with all the money thrown at them to stay home. I only have my disability income and still pay my bills. Unemployed are making more than while working plus the stimulus checks so there's no valid excuse to be behind especially 2 years worth.

If I had a tenant that far behind I'd be worried about squatting laws and damage to the place.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 10:57 PM

Our Founding Fathers wisely did not give renters the right to vote. We would be wise to go back to that. Worthless people will always vote to enrich themselves from the earnings of productive people.

Keith
Posted By: waggler

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
with all the money being handed out in unemployment/stimulus, child tax stuff, the guy is a deadbeat if he got that far behind and you wont see a nickel

This.
There are jobs all over the place begging to be filled; no excuses.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 11:16 PM

If I was a landlord and my tenant was $36,000 behind, and the government wouldn't allow me to throw them out..... my property would probably "mysteriously" burn to the ground. I would get some money from my insurance at least.
Posted By: Bob

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 11:37 PM

As a landlord whose tenant was $8,000 behind and ghosted immediately when the eviction moratorium was up, I would absolutely not do that to another person.

Boco, the way the COVID assistance works is the tenant has to apply for the assistance. The landlord can apply on behalf of the tenant but it requires the tenants signature, and it has to be proven that the assistance is needed as a direct result of COVID. If the tenant simply doesn’t pay, doesn’t apply for the assistance, stays put while eviction moratoriums are in place and then disappears, the landlord is just screwed. Trust me. I’m out over $8,000 in back rent and damages and another $1,000 in lawyer fees trying to get paid what I’m owed. Landlords are not all just making out like bandits here, some of us really got shafted.

Sorry boco, I know for a fact that you’re just flat out wrong on this one.

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
If I was a landlord and my tenant was $36,000 behind, and the government wouldn't allow me to throw them out..... my property would probably "mysteriously" burn to the ground. I would get some money from my insurance at least.

Don’t think it hasn’t crossed my mind lol
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: ? for all! - 08/04/21 11:40 PM

Id think if you owed rent for two years...good luck with anything that requires a credit score check.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 02:28 AM

The Left is big on forgiveness but short on personal responsibility they will pay it with money they don’t have.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 02:49 AM

Debt is not to be paid , debt is to be forgiven .....lol

Look how many people walked away from their mortgages during the Obama Depression , only to buy again a few yrs later
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 02:58 AM

Unless you were self employed or owned your own business, you should have made out like a bandit over covid. Between unemployment and the added $600 federal check each week most made much more than they did working. Which is of course why so many didn't bother to go to work. No excuse not to pay your landlord. Great excuse however for the landlord to get rid of some tar and feathers.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 03:16 AM

Posted By: NJTrapper

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 12:32 PM

They will all declare bankruptcy, and walk away. The system is in no way on the landlords side at all.
Posted By: sako22

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 12:42 PM

saw on the news a few days ago where this isn't just tenants and landlords. A lot of company's are using it as an excuse to not pay their rent also

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 01:01 PM

To quote the Great Lord Humungous "Just walk away".

Re: ? for all! - 08/05/21 02:46 PM

To quote the Great Lord Humungous "Just walk away".

I wish I could. But I’d lose the $9k I’m already out plus $40,000 in equity on the house. And I have a 790 credit score, hate to screw that up. I’m gonna need it when I finally get out from under the rental house and go to build a new one on the acreage I bought.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums