Home

Posted By: bowhunter27295

. - 05/15/21 02:26 AM

Posted By: Yukon John

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 02:28 AM

I also like this, but why is there such a disturbance now? Something is awry!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 02:39 AM

That's laying down the hammer.
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John

https://youtu.be/tmN6i316tIA
Posted By: bblwi

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 02:56 AM

That is a lot but while in Nam the specially fitted B-52s could carry from 40-80 bombs 500lbs or more, so when a squadron of those started dropping bombs it did not take 35 minutes to drop several hundred if they wanted to.

Bryce
Posted By: warrior

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
That is a lot but while in Nam the specially fitted B-52s could carry from 40-80 bombs 500lbs or more, so when a squadron of those started dropping bombs it did not take 35 minutes to drop several hundred if they wanted to.

Bryce

Having been stationed at Grafenwohr, the free world's largest live fire firing range, I learned to sleep through almost all sorts of ordinance. But not that night the B-52 flew in from Diego Garcia to drop one 1000 pounder apiece.
When those things went into action against the Iraqis in Desert Storm I almost felt sorry for those poor No!!!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 03:19 AM

With this anti-Christian administration it's hard tellin who's wrapped up in this mess.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 03:19 AM

Bring out the BUFFS iffn ya want to get serious!!!
Dennis
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by riverratdm
Originally Posted by Yukon John

https://youtu.be/tmN6i316tIA

My question was rhetorical, but thank you for bringing the problem to light! JB is trying to get us in another war, which he will achieve, if we don't make our voices heard!
Posted By: adam m

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
IDK, but 450 bombs tends to quiet things down pretty quick. laugh

Lol right. Especially when leaders armories and critical military infrastructure are the main targets.
IDF knows how to take out the trash.
Posted By: Boco

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 05:15 AM

Iran is gonna nuke the Jews in the not too distant future.
The place is so tiny they will probably take out a bunch of Palestinians as collateral damage.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 05:17 AM

Bryce

When in Guam, I helped build those bombs for the Arclight missions in 1968. Our B-52's carried 27 Mk82's(500 pounders) and 40 M117's(750 pounders). The nose fuze was an M904 and the tail fuze was an M905 in both bombs. These were screwed into an XM147 booster. The tail fuze was armed by an ATU 35b armature mounted on the bomb's tail and connected by a flex shaft and coupling device. The main charge in those bombs were either Tritonal or Minol. The bombers flew in flights of 3 birds each sortie. We built those bombs in two 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. I sure saw a lot of bombs leave that island in the 1.5 years I was there doing that job. I believe the B-52's leaving U-Tapao, Thailand carried 108 bombs.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by iaduckhntr
Bring out the BUFFS iffn ya want to get serious!!!
Dennis

X2
Posted By: Cragar

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Bryce

When in Guam, I helped build those bombs for the Arclight missions in 1968. Our B-52's carried 27 Mk82's(500 pounders) and 40 M117's(750 pounders). The nose fuze was an M904 and the tail fuze was an M905 in both bombs. These were screwed into an XM147 booster. The tail fuze was armed by an ATU 35b armature mounted on the bomb's tail and connected by a flex shaft and coupling device. The main charge in those bombs were either Tritonal or Minol. The bombers flew in flights of 3 birds each sortie. We built those bombs in two 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. I sure saw a lot of bombs leave that island in the 1.5 years I was there doing that job. I believe the B-52's leaving U-Tapao, Thailand carried 108 bombs.

X2 !!!!!!!!
Posted By: Posco

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 06:12 AM

I was a 461, I built a lot of bombs. I remember them as Mk82 (500 pounders) MK83 (750 pounders) and the 2000 pound MK84. I forget what the common delay was. Slick fins, high drags, arming wire. Brings back a lot of memories.
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 07:40 AM

Thank you all for your service!
Posted By: Beaver Stop

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 09:07 AM

Paul

Don't forget Fahnstock clips.
Posted By: EdP

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 11:32 AM

Because Biden released the money to the Palistinian authority that Trump had withheld, and it got funneled to Hamas to buy munitions.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 12:05 PM

Puts a smile on my face to see this laugh

Hope they got all of those cowardly terrorists

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

I was a 461, I built a lot of bombs. I remember them as Mk82 (500 pounders) MK83 (750 pounders) and the 2000 pound MK84. I forget what the common delay was. Slick fins, high drags, arming wire. Brings back a lot of memories.

I was a 461 at the time also. The Mk83 was the thousand pounder, Mk84 was the two thousand pounder and the Mk81 was the two hundred fifty pounder.

Yes, the fahnstock clips to secure the arming wire.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 12:24 PM

Been working down in Norman the last few weeks... I'm just south of Tinker AFB. When I'm on lunch I sit out in the car and watch planes take off. It's a good day when the wind is out of the south and all traffic flies right over me.

I see AWACS just about everyday... A handful of B-52's, and the other day a B-1B Lancer. I'm pretty sure the B1 was louder than any other plane I've ever heard.

Mike
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 12:28 PM

Bryce

With external mers 108- 500lbers was the payload

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cletis Richards

Bryce

With external mers 108- 500lbers was the payload

I remember MERS and TERS. Were TERS used on fighters? Triple ejection rack? I can't remember.
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 12:46 PM

Just before I entered the Army in 1970 I worked at the Corn Husker Ammunition plant in Grand Island NE.
I was on line #4, 750 b bombs. The case weighed 333 pounds and it included 300 pounds of TNT.
The remainder of the weight (minus fuses) was ammonium nitrate and tar which coated the inside of the
Case.
During WW2 they lost a full line and a couple dozen associates when there was what started as a fire
on a different line. Pay was good for the time but we rotated shifts every month.
Roy
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roy Greenfield
Just before I entered the Army in 1970 I worked at the Corn Husker Ammunition plant in Grand Island NE.
I was on line #4, 750 b bombs. The case weighed 333 pounds and it included 300 pounds of TNT.
The remainder of the weight (minus fuses) was ammonium nitrate and tar which coated the inside of the
Case.
During WW2 they lost a full line and a couple dozen associates when there was what started as a fire
on a different line. Pay was good for the time but we rotated shifts every month.
Roy

Wow. So a task that requires some concentration and attention to detail... And they made sure everyone was a zombie by rotating shifts every month. Crazy.

Mike

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 01:21 PM

When in Guam, I helped build those bombs for the Arclight missions in 1968.

I was a 461 at the time also. The Mk83 was the thousand pounder, Mk84 was the two thousand pounder and the Mk81 was the two hundred fifty pounder.

[Linked Image]
A picture my brother took in 67 or 68. You can see he captioned it Arc Light. Those might have been yours. I knew you were EOD but I had no idea you were a 461. I got approved to cross-train into EOD but the orders didn't come down until I had just three months left on my enlistment. I decided to get out. One of the great regrets of my life was not pursuing that. EOD rocks! I forgot the name of those clips.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 01:26 PM

What a difference an election makes! The world was as close to peace as I had ever seen it, and look at it now! Too bad it has these consequences on the rest of the world!

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
The place is so tiny they will probably take out a bunch of Palestinians as collateral damage.

Iran will use nukes on both Israel and the USA in a heartbeat. I'll make a bet, once iran gets to weapons grade level Israel will attack their facility with their spies.

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/15/21 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
When in Guam, I helped build those bombs for the Arclight missions in 1968.

I knew you were EOD but I had no idea you were a 461. I got approved to cross-train into EOD but the orders didn't come down until I had just three months left on my enlistment. I decided to get out. One of the great regrets of my life was not pursuing that. EOD rocks! I forgot the name of those clips.

My first four years I was a 461, then I cross trained into EOD. I enjoyed that job for my last 20 years. It was a great experience.

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/16/21 12:17 AM

Israel still getting attacked.
Idf just posted this pic of the iron dome in action on their fb

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/16/21 12:52 AM

From the Jerusalem Post:

Yes, the IDF had deployed troops along the border, but they did not cross into Gaza. What did happen was in the air where 160 aircraft had assembled for a massive bombing run over the Gaza Strip. Their target was what the IDF called Hamas's "Metro", an underground network of tunnels which Hamas used to store its weapons and to move throughout Gaza hidden from Israeli aircraft. The "Metro" had been built in the years after the 2014 war in the Gaza Strip, also known in Israel as Operation Protective Edge. It was a network of dozens of kilometers of tunnels that crisscrossed Gaza and provided safety from Israeli aerial incursions.

According to reports, due to the deployment along the border and the news coming out in the foreign media of a ground incursion, Hamas and Islamic Jihad sent their first-line of defense into the tunnels to start taking up positions. These were the anti-tank missile teams and mortar squads meant to strike at incoming Israeli ground forces. What these Hamas operatives did not know was that there was no ground offensive. Instead, once they were out of the tunnels, they were exposed to Israeli aircraft. Within minutes, the "Metro" attack went ahead. This led to speculation that the tweet about the ground incursion was intentional and made to get Hamas to believe it was safe to enter the tunnels.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/16/21 11:19 AM

Throughout history many nations have attempted to enslave, assimilate or annihilate the God of Scriptures Chosen People; Israel.
Even in our modern era, when Israelites hadn't had a homeland for nearly two millennia, great powers sought to exterminate them as a people group.
Every single one of those warring powers is now extinct and yet Israel remains. With a homeland again (since 1948).

Let that marinate for just a moment. The most persecuted people since YHWH chose them and delivered them and yet they remain. All those against them are poof.
Not because Israel is a special people. They're just people. But they were divinely chosen and that seals them for all time as a Holy=set apart people by the God through Whom all things were made.

Woe, to the people who wake up tomorrow and figure "they" can wipe out Israel.
Not just bad odds of that happening. Impossible odds.. But still some try as others before them tried.

God's covenant promise to Abraham, Moses, and more to choose Israel to be His people and He would be their God can't be broken by humans because it wasn't human to begin with.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Boco

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/16/21 02:54 PM

Muzlims have their own teachings and dont follow yours.
They are still here also.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: 450 bombs in 35 minutes - 05/16/21 02:55 PM

Muzlims have their own teachings and dont follow yours.
They are still here also.

Not for long.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums