Home

Question about wolf fang cable stakes

Posted By: coonman220

Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 07:03 PM

Thinking about get some for next season in longer lengthe cable an driver with pipe weld on for anchor deep water or an for spring beaver snare in sand , how well wolf fangs hold in sand bar with beaver on snare , or how far should have stake push in? Wolf fangs best ?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 07:16 PM

Yes, I get the Berkshire 30” ones from FNTpost. Never had an issue with them. Wolf Fang would work too.

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 07:41 PM

Where can order a long driver to get down deep hold a beaver in sandbar on cable stake on snare ? Or loose sand up creek bank ?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 07:55 PM

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCSWFDRIVT.html

https://www.hoosiertrappersupply.com/store/p584/T-Handled__Wolf_Fang_Driver_.html#/

https://www.snareshop.com/mobile/prodinfo.asp?number=DRWOLF

https://www.vwcsupplies.com/product/wolf-fang-drivers/
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 08:02 PM

Wolfgang's have worked for me in sand muck and hard ground. Only use 12 inch on my land line hard Rocky ground here. Use 18 inch in muck and sand. I welded a T- handle piece of pipe on my driver. In muck and sand no hammer needed, I push in to the handle and pull out.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Wolfgang's have worked for me in sand muck and hard ground. Only use 12 inch on my land line hard Rocky ground here. Use 18 inch in muck and sand. I welded a T- handle piece of pipe on my driver. In muck and sand no hammer needed, I push in to the handle and pull out.

X2
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Where can order a long driver to get down deep hold a beaver in sandbar on cable stake on snare ? Or loose sand up creek bank ?

I bought a 36” stainless one from Lee Steinmeyer and I love it.

I’d never buy one shorter either. I’ve maxed it out plenty where I use it.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Thinking about get some for next season in longer lengthe cable an driver with pipe weld on for anchor deep water or an for spring beaver snare in sand , how well wolf fangs hold in sand bar with beaver on snare , or how far should have stake push in? Wolf fangs best ?

I wouldn’t use a wolf fang on the deep end of a slide. On the shallow end it would be ok, but how would you get the drowned beaver from the deep end?
Posted By: kinley31

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 11:28 PM

Get a hold of Tom Stalker. Stalker Fabrications on Facebook. He can custom make whatever you want. Tom makes top quality tools.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/14/21 11:48 PM

Decided to build a few cable stakes and a driver for Ben to anchor his beaver snares with this year. He has trouble pulling them long poles, so I figured he could just cut these if he can't get them pulled. This system is not for hard ground but it works great in water sets.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I used 4 1/2" pieces of 1/2" ID conduit. Mash one end shut with a hammer and drill a small hole for my 30" of 3/32" 7x7 cable.

The driver is just a piece of 1/2" rod 36" long with a piece of heavy 1" pipe for a T-handle and a nut welded on the top where the rod comes through the handle in case he needs to pound on them some. A scrap piece of the conduit keeps the driver from going too far into the stake heads.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He'll just use my short coon snare stakes with the #9 to support the snares.

Dave these are very cheap and easy to make. You can do the whole thing with a hammer, saw and drill. You can use a bolt to hold the PVC near the bottom of the driver, no need to weld. You can fashion a handle on it with a piece of wood drilled and bolted on too. You can make more than you'd ever need for $20. Used snare cable a few mashed nuts to hold the cable together. They are great for water sets. Not for use on dry ground but in water they are near perfect.

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/15/21 02:17 AM

Wow, excellent idea, thanks! I going have make sone this summer for water staking or loose sand stake on bank water edge for beaver snaring in spring
Posted By: Ethan1234

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/15/21 02:19 AM

If thats steel pipe weld the tip shut and it wont open up if you do hit hard clay or something
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/15/21 03:48 AM

Clean shop
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/15/21 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Clean shop

Depends on the day. lol
Posted By: McDTrapper

Re: Question about wolf fang cable stakes - 03/15/21 10:05 AM

Tom Stalker from New York makes a tank of a driver. Google Tom Stalker fabrications.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums