Home

New conex box

Posted By: AntiGov

New conex box - 03/13/21 07:45 PM

Well not new , but new to me

8x40 high boy , 9' high inside

Needed some extra storage

This thing would make a great fur shed with some mods ....maybe ???

Figured the only time it will get fresh paint is right NOW ....or it never will once the first item goes in.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 07:47 PM

Figured I might as well hit the floor too
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 07:48 PM

Nice!

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twolines
That’s the cleanest can I’ve ever seen! What did u pay? They are 3-4K here...

$ 3775
Posted By: Catch22

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 08:25 PM

I could live in that lol. Well, with a porch. grin

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22

I was thinking the same . With a couple windows , a door , bathroom , heat , and a small kitchen .

Simple and cheap , I'd be happy ........
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 10:00 PM

I have been looking for one for a few years, Finally found one they call these one ways around here. Basically new it seems from the ones I have seen. $2500 here for an 8x20 foot size. Best price yet includes delivery.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: New conex box - 03/13/21 10:46 PM

A couple bunk beds, windows and small wood stove would make a nice trapping/hunting cabin.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: New conex box - 03/14/21 01:40 PM

Very Nice
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: New conex box - 03/14/21 10:05 PM

I hear tell that's what they are using for housing kids on the border, these days.

One small window with bars, and butterflies on the inside
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: New conex box - 03/14/21 10:25 PM

I bought a brand new (one trip) container. I was going to use it for a small cabin by the creek. But after reading and doing some research I learned the wood is super impregnated with a couple really strong bug killing compounds. The reason is countries don't want any insect living in the wood and sneaking into the containers destination countries. Many sealed the wood with sealers. I read where some took out the wood it came with and replaced it with regular plywood. I sealed mine with a wood paint sealer and then I put a layer of plastic sealed with tape and finally put carpet on top of it all. I only use mine for storage and also have a fridge and freezer inside. I like the container because you can have it delivered in the morning.... put it up on blocks and have it filled and locked by night.
Posted By: AJE

Re: New conex box - 03/08/24 04:44 AM

Does anyone know where I can buy 1 that's only 10' long?
Posted By: Chancey

Re: New conex box - 03/08/24 05:03 AM

Very nice Antigov!

AJE - I've seen some dealers down here that advertise some 10' with a 3' door and windows.
Posted By: victor#0

Re: New conex box - 03/08/24 07:11 AM

We bought one years ago to keep the meth heads in the village from stealing all our stuff and it's worked well so far. We bought a really good lock and although they've tried to cut it off they have been unsuccessful thus far.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: New conex box - 03/08/24 01:46 PM

Good looking unit.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: New conex box - 03/08/24 01:49 PM

I am guessing you crawled out of that thing Pretttttttty stoned……..
Fumes are fun.
Posted By: Mediocre Trapper

Re: New conex box - 03/08/24 02:15 PM

Nicest one I’ve seen

Re: New conex box - 03/09/24 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chancey

AJE - I've seen some dealers down here that advertise some 10' with a 3' door and windows.

I'd like a 10 footer but would probably want a door bigger than 3'. Windows could have pros & cons--letting in light, but potentially thieves too
Posted By: Vinke

Re: New conex box - 03/09/24 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by Catch22

I was thinking the same . With a couple windows , a door , bathroom , heat , and a small kitchen .

Simple and cheap , I'd be happy ........

And stylin……

[Linked Image]
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: New conex box - 03/10/24 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by victor#0
We bought one years ago to keep the meth heads in the village from stealing all our stuff and it's worked well so far. We bought a really good lock and although they've tried to cut it off they have been unsuccessful thus far.

A guy I work with did the same thing to keep his stuff in up at his hunting land. He said that a few times he found that there were marks from someone trying to work on the locks, but never a problem. Until one day when he went up to the cabin. He opened the door and looked straight through to the woods behind the container. Yep they took a partner saw and cut an opening big enough to drive his 4 wheelers through.

Re: New conex box - 03/10/24 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by uplandpointer
Originally Posted by victor#0

A guy I work with did the same thing to keep his stuff in up at his hunting land. He said that a few times he found that there were marks from someone trying to work on the locks, but never a problem. Until one day when he went up to the cabin. He opened the door and looked straight through to the woods behind the container. Yep they took a partner saw and cut an opening big enough to drive his 4 wheelers through.

Rats. I suppose thieves see 'em & know most people must use them to hold valuables.
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: New conex box - 03/10/24 02:50 AM

My outfitter friend bought some and with his excavator buried the container in the side of a hill …
Only the door was exposed . When he left for the winter,he would park his big excavator up against the doors ,and remove the battery’s..
All his boats and motors were safe until he returned in the spring ,,,

Re: New conex box - 03/12/24 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by slowpoke
My outfitter friend bought some and with his excavator buried the container in the side of a hill …
Only the door was exposed . When he left for the winter,he would park his big excavator up against the doors ,and remove the battery’s..

That's 1 way to lock it up tight I guess
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: New conex box - 03/12/24 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by AJE
Originally Posted by slowpoke

That's 1 way to lock it up tight I guess

It's a good way smash your box also. They are designed to hold a lot of weight being stacked and the weight presses on the corners and edge of the box. But when weight of dirt pressed on the unsupported they can smash in. There are plenty of videos out there showing exactly this happen and why I quickly decided not to to the same.
Posted By: run

Re: New conex box - 03/12/24 10:25 AM

My brother loves those shipping containers.
Posted By: Orlando

Re: New conex box - 03/12/24 12:01 PM

I have one at the farm to store fencing tools, small tractor, mineral etc. It keeps the packrats and mice out. I just put one cheap padlock on hoping that if someone feels the need to take a peek inside, they'll just cut the $10 lock off and not destroy the closing mechanism or worse. I figure as good as cordless grinders and sawzall's are these days, it won't take long to get in no matter what locks are used if they are motivated. It's just a matter of how much damage they do to the shipping container.
I'd like to have another one.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: New conex box - 03/12/24 12:13 PM

gonna need some kinds of AC in that thing in the summer, you might as well be in an oven.

Re: New conex box - 03/19/24 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
gonna need some kinds of AC in that thing in the summer, you might as well be in an oven.

If true, maybe such heat would be hard on an atv or snowmobile
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: New conex box - 03/19/24 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by AJE
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

If true, maybe such heat would be hard on an atv or snowmobile

There are a few around here guys have put the spinning roof vents on top of. I don't know how well they help just noticed they had put them on them when I was driving down the road.

Re: New conex box - 04/04/24 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Orlando
I have one at the farm to store fencing tools, small tractor, mineral etc. It keeps the packrats and mice out. I just put one cheap padlock on hoping that if someone feels the need to take a peek inside, they'll just cut the $10 lock off and not destroy the closing mechanism or worse. I figure as good as cordless grinders and sawzall's are these days, it won't take long to get in no matter what locks are used if they are motivated. It's just a matter of how much damage they do to the shipping container.
I'd like to have another one.

1 would probably be enough for me but I can see why you'd want a 2nd.
Posted By: Jingles

Re: New conex box - 04/04/24 05:08 AM

Looking at getting an 8 x16
Posted By: G Hose

Re: New conex box - 04/04/24 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by AJE
Does anyone know where I can buy 1 that's only 10' long?

I was by there the other day an they had some. No idea on cost but I seen them on their yard
http://www.hwtrucking.com/
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: New conex box - 04/04/24 11:51 AM

They have exploded in price here in the last couple years. $4000 for a 20 footer, $7000 for a 40 footer. About double what they were five years ago.

Re: New conex box - 04/11/24 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jingles
Looking at getting an 8 x16

That wouldn't be a bad a size.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums