Home

Will they cancel Scripture next?

Posted By: LLtrapper

Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 01:16 PM

I was wondering if Dr. Seuss was so offensive to woke folk how offensive the Bible is? After all it calls out a lot of our society now a days just in one passage in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

If you remember they tried to get rid of the Duck Commander for quoting this scripture. This is not even a complete list that is in the scriptures. Just wondering where this progression is heading. LLL
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 01:42 PM

My guess they will start by controlling what is preached in Church's by taking away their tax exempt status if they cross the line
Our Church has already decided we will pay taxes before before we neglect the Word of God.
One thing about it is the way things are going there won't b any luke warm Christians if the pressure gets turned up on the Church.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 01:55 PM

Well ya LL you just described a politician
Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 02:33 PM

No one seeks persecution. We do everything we can to avoid it. However, it is a fact that the Church grows more when persecuted. A time of growth may be coming.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 03:08 PM

They are trying LLL. All you have to do is post any reference to God on FB and see how much hate response you get for it. I did that last week partially as an experiment. It's pretty eye opening at the amount of opposition. Any kind of scripture totally goes against the lies of the new societal norms.

With the new cleansing of history that has been going on in the schools (I have asked a few teenagers over the last year or so about the Civil War.....they were never told it existed). Also has history been cleansed of events like Sodom and Gomorrah.

7 years of tribulation coming to a city near you? I don't know but things aren't looking so good to me, but maybe I'm just getting old and seeing things differently...dunno.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kansas Rook
No one seeks persecution. We do everything we can to avoid it. However, it is a fact that the Church grows more when persecuted. A time of growth may be coming.

Good post and oh so true. They are gonna keep pushing, you can tell by how they are barricading themselves into the capitol. Got em all in one place, what cha think?

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 03:29 PM

Ephesians 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

John 3:20
For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Ephesians 5:12
For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret.

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 03:32 PM

As a Christian I feel that God is exposing those who need exposed. If someone would ask why we are going through this time, well that is why I think. LLL
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 03:35 PM

The cover of Time magazine announced that God is Dead about 50 years ago. They were wrong then and still are.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 03:42 PM

The birth pains have started.
We are entering the great falling away.
The road is going to get very bumpy from here on out.
But we must stand fast and be true to our faith
Just remember Brothers and Sisters, there is only one path
Let us not stray
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 04:16 PM

Great post,here's a question the left are trying and doing changing history etc. they say this offensive ,this is offensive.........etc.How about the normal American like ourselves most everything they are changing which is very offensive to us,why does that not matter we need to push back and take America back for everything it stands for.I know we have to pray for our leftwing people a lot I sure hope God,we can make a difference and get some to see what is happening to our great counrty,as of now we are on a very slippery slope of losing all of our freedoms.Please pray for our counrty.......

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 07:04 PM

They disguise there motives by calling everything racist or offensive. LLL
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 07:09 PM

I work on a DOD installation and every morning for the last 5 years have had scripture verses sent directly to me for my morning scripture. Three weeks ago new leadership issued some policy on Extremism and as of this week I no longer get my verses sent to me. DOD has blocked it I am sure. God will judge the DOD for the outright desecration they have embraced.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 07:58 PM

The Danish Lutherans rewrote the Bible last year to support the Muslim Palestinians and condemn Israel.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2020/04/...ps-rewrite-of-bible-to-omit-word-israel/

Keith
Posted By: Team V

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 09:45 PM

My look on it is by banding Dr. Seuss is grooming young people that it is ok to get rid of literature you don’t agree with . There getting them ready for when they go for the good book .
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 10:17 PM

The Left will replace the Bible with the Koran.

Then the Lefties will be squealing about being oppressed.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 10:26 PM

Abortion, homosexuality, personal responsibility and all the other things the Bible condemns or promotes has long been in their crosshairs. They sense their time to strike is now. They are.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 10:45 PM

religion in the US goes as the Catholics do, and they sold out a long time ago.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Team V
My look on it is by banding Dr. Seuss is grooming young people that it is ok to get rid of literature you don’t agree with . There getting them ready for when they go for the good book .

Yep
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 11:54 PM

Well, why do gays go to church, when the bible states they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven ? whistle
Posted By: Boco

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/05/21 11:57 PM

You turn religious LT?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 12:07 AM

Short answer is yes they will try under the guise of science.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by LT GREY
Well, why do gays go to church, when the bible states they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven ? whistle

Same reason any sinner would. I have never seen a perfect person in church have you? LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:12 AM

Liberal or conservative church?
Posted By: James

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:17 AM

Lots of divorced-and-remarried folks are going to church. Jesus said that such people are adulterers.

Why should adulterers be allowed in any church that excludes gays?

Jim
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by James
Lots of divorced-and-remarried folks are going to church. Jesus said that such people are adulterers.

Jim

Matthew 5:32 Jesus notes a sensible exception made for divorce and remarriage... So you were partially correct.

However, there is no exception for homosexuality... But it is considered no worse than lying or stealing or any other of a host of sins either.

Mike

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:40 AM

Jim

I think you are confusing the idea of hating the sin with hating the sinner. Took me a little while in my walk to quit blurring the difference.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:42 AM

They may feel like they are appeasing God or might gain His favor by going. As long as they continue their actions they won't gain God's favor unless they stop them completely and do what He asks of them. That's why the scripture LL quoted said, "And such were some of you." Meaning that's the way some use to live their lives but changed and started living according to God's standards.

Some gays may be going for the proper reason. To get God's help to change. That is pleasing to Him. He will help them and forgive them as long as they change their former course of life.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Jim

Matthew 5:32 Jesus notes a sensible exception made for divorce and remarriage... So you were partially correct.

However, there is no exception for homosexuality... But it is considered no worse than lying or stealing or any other of a host of sins either.

Mike

You're right, Mike. There's an exception if your former spouse was guilty of adultery.

Jim
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:51 AM

maybe because if they get saved, they will go to Heaven.......same with adulterers.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by traprjohn

maybe because if they get saved, they will go to Heaven.......same with adulterers.

The secret is you must repent of your sins to be saved
Posted By: Marty

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 03:02 AM

homo's = burn 4eva.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
homo's = burn 4eva.

What'ja try'in to say?

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
homo's = burn 4eva.

So do mockers. LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 11:59 AM

We should minister to all people. No one escapes sin in their lives and all fall short. I am thankful for his grace. I fall short daily. That is the reason we should never allow anyone to censor or even omit things in the scriptures. Slippery slope if we allow any books to be cancelled. LLL
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:13 PM

There are tens of thousands of ex-homosexuals living for God. We are not to judge, just to present the Gospel to everyone. We are all sinners in need of a savior.

And as far as scripture goes, do a little research on Tyndale, Coverdale and others who gave their lives to preserve it. Many people were killed by the Catholics and Church of England for translating the Bible into English. Most of them were burned alive. Do you know why Queen Mary was named Bloody Mary? Do a little research on that. She tried to burn every scrap of scripture and kill everyone who supported it. People have been trying to destroy it and pervert it for thousands of years, the history of its preservation down through the ages is incredible. The Bible is God's message of truth and love to all people for all times and He's not going to allow it to be destroyed.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
There are tens of thousands of ex-homosexuals living for God. We are not to judge, just to present the Gospel to everyone. We are all sinners in need of a savior.

And as far as scripture goes, do a little research on Tyndale, Coverdale and others who gave their lives to preserve it. Many people were killed by the Catholics and Church of England for translating the Bible into English. Most of them were burned alive. Do you know why Queen Mary was named Bloody Mary? Do a little research on that. She tried to burn every scrap of scripture and kill everyone who supported it. People have been trying to destroy it and pervert it for thousands of years, the history of its preservation down through the ages is incredible. The Bible is God's message of truth and love to all people for all times and He's not going to allow it to be destroyed.

Amen.
Posted By: mink99

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 06:10 PM

Some of you need to remember that there is only one sin that gets you sent to hades. And it’s not homosexuality.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 06:22 PM

"Religion is for those that believe there is a H#$$, spirtuality is for those of us who have been there and made it back" Scripture has been interpreted and translated for thousands of years by well meaning and maybe not so well meaning persons. Then we also ad dogma, tenets, sects etc. to work as gatekeepers to staff the doors of entry so we can monitor those we feel "worthy' of entry or sitting next to us. I wonder if that is what God envisioned when he gave his son for our sake? We also need to remember that " Many of us need to climb down off of our crosses as we can use the wood".

Bryce

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mink99
Some of you need to remember that there is only one sin that gets you sent to hades. And it’s not homosexuality.

Many different sins will get you there to include homosexuality. Not my words but God's. LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper

Many different sins will get you there to include homosexuality. Not my words but God's. LLL

But you forget about Jesus. Those sins are all paid for. Yours, mine, everybody’s. We don’t go to heaven by doing good deeds, we get to heaven by believing in Jesus and what he did for us. That’s why heaven is full of sinners cuz we all fall short. Repented homosexuals, murderers, drug addicts, rapists, even pedophiles will be there with priests, policeman, firefighters, bankers, moms, dads, etc. No sin touches the blood on the cross except those that send themselves to hades and those are the nonbelievers.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 08:42 PM

Doubt it.

But if so, us that God’s will?

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 09:02 PM

Why should homosexuals have to repent and stop practicing their sin, unless remarried adulterers should repent and leave their new spouse?

Jim

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 09:14 PM

There will most definitely not be a lot of sinners in heaven. I am forgiven. He no longer considers me a sinner. Others might - but Christ looks on me and others who have turned to him as His bride - without spot or blemish. He has removed all sins as far as the east is from the west for those willing to repent and accept Him as Lord and Saviour. That is the awesome thing about Christ - when He forgives us - it means something!

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 09:43 PM

James -

I agree with you on this. Scripture allows remarriage only after death of a spouse.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 10:32 PM

He said go and sin no more. No where does it say I can confess my sins and go about sinning as if nothing ever happened and I have a free pass. If you have read that please quote it. By continuing down the same path you would cheapen grace. Not the way it is or ever has been. If that was the case I could repent once and be free to sin all I wanted for the rest of my life because I had the golden ticket. We must repent every time we sin. LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 10:55 PM

As for being divorced I would point you to the Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus offered her living water knowing she was living with a man who was not her husband and that she had been married five times prior to that. Why offer her salvation if she was divorced and was doomed for it? LLL
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 10:57 PM

Which comes first, salvation or repentance?

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 11:23 PM

He said go and sin no more. No where does it say I can confess my sins and go about sinning as if nothing ever happened and I have a free pass. If you have read that please quote it. By continuing down the same path you would cheapen grace. Not the way it is or ever has been. If that was the case I could repent once and be free to sin all I wanted for the rest of my life because I had the golden ticket. We must repent every time we sin. LLL

That’s why I said a repentant person will still go to heaven. A person needs to try and not sin after becoming a saved individual. But to say that suddenly we can all just repent and live a perfect life is ridiculous. Just a mere bad thought is a sin.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Which comes first, salvation or repentance?

I think you already know that. No one is beyond God's mercy while they're still breathing. Matthew 12:31.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/06/21 11:53 PM

That’s why I said a repentant person will still go to heaven. A person needs to try and not sin after becoming a saved individual. But to say that suddenly we can all just repent and live a perfect life is ridiculous. Just a mere bad thought is a sin.

Agreed. That is why I said you need to repent almost daily. All of us. LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/07/21 12:39 AM

LL-
I heard a very good sermon on that exact passage. We look at it from the US perspective of divorce. Consider back 2000 years ago the life expectancy of husbands engaged in battle and physical toil. It is very possible all 5 of her husbands had died. Jesus knew her heart and current situation. We view the Samaritan woman as an adultress. The Bible does not say this. Jesus tells her what she said is true and that the man she is now with is not her husband. More importantly - vs 39 tells us Many believed in Him because of her testimony.
I am only challenging your current implied statement of her being divorced.

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/07/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
LL-
I heard a very good sermon on that exact passage. We look at it from the US perspective of divorce. Consider back 2000 years ago the life expectancy of husbands engaged in battle and physical toil. It is very possible all 5 of her husbands had died. Jesus knew her heart and current situation. We view the Samaritan woman as an adultress. The Bible does not say this. Jesus tells her what she said is true and that the man she is now with is not her husband. More importantly - vs 39 tells us Many believed in Him because of her testimony.
I am only challenging your current implied statement of her being divorced.

I do not know either way. It implies she was not married. It says she was married five times. Why would that have been important if she was not sinning? I can't say. The act of divorce is the sin. Can a person not be forgiven for that? After all she got remarried. We both assume. We have to be careful about the law and the heart of the law. We conflate them often. LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/07/21 01:31 AM

How about this woman in John 8:3-5 "The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?"

We know she was forgiven. Right? LLL

Re: Will they cancel Scripture next? - 03/07/21 01:40 AM

Or this from the woman at the well. What was she talking about in the the things she had done? I don't know for sure but here it is.... Many of the Samaritans from that village committed themselves to him because of the woman’s witness: “He knew all about the things I did. He knows me inside and out!”
© 2024 Trapperman Forums