Home

Gun Control is Coming

Posted By: Lugnut

Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 12:55 PM

Biden's Press Secratary Says Gun Control is Coming

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki recently reiterated President Joe Biden’s desire to go after America’s millions of lawful gun owners when she said that Biden “would love to see action” on gun-control measures.

“[President Joe Biden] has an ambitious plan in a lot of areas and on a lot of issues. I will say as vice president and even before that, the President took on the NRA twice and won. This is an issue he is personally committed to, we are, many in this building are personally committed to and I think he would love to see action on additional gun-safety measures,” said Psaki when asked about gun-control measures. “This is an issue he is personally committed to. He has a personal, you know has worked on it, many times in the past.”

Biden, of course, has long made clear his plans to restrict your rights clear. He has also repeatedly said he wants “to take on the NRA.”

Last fall, Psaki also tweeted, “Thank you @BetoORourke take guns. Please. No one needs an assault weapon. This is a crisis.” This came after O’Rourke said, “(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) yes, we’re going to take your AR-15,” during a Democratic primary presidential debate.

And what does Psaki think about creating a registry of gun owners? “Gun registration yes yes yes. It is a public health emergency,” said Psaki in a tweet last year.

The millions of Americans who lawfully and responsibly exercise their Second Amendment rights know a registry would ultimately lead to confiscation. History has shown this again and again.

Of course, this comes at a time when Americans are exercising their Second Amendment rights in absolutely astonishing numbers. January alone saw more than two million background checks conducted for the purchase of a firearms.

It will be up to these millions of law-abiding gun owners, and millions of NRA members, to make their voices heard in opposition to any infringement upon their constitutional rights.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 12:55 PM

Wasn't there a member here who claimed he didn't know if Biden was anti-gun or not when he voted for him? Didn't he say he would "send money" if it turned out Biden was anti-gun? I'd say this release is proof of what most of us realized many years ago.

I wonder if that member has ponied up yet?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Wasn't there a member here who claimed he didn't know if Biden was anti-gun or not? Didn't he say he would "send money" if it turned out Biden was anti-gun? I'd say this release is proof of what most of us realized many years ago.

Highly Doubt it
Posted By: Finster

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:04 PM

Wasn't there a member here who claimed he didn't know if Biden was anti-gun or not when he voted for him? Didn't he say he would "send money" if it turned out Biden was anti-gun? I'd say this release is proof of what most of us realized many years ago.

Yea, he's barely smart enough to read let alone any form of comprehension.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:06 PM

Hopefully Pedo Joe will act as much on this as he acted in the past 47 years on everything else. Or maybe the NRA can bribe him? After all, everyone else has.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Hopefully Pedo Joe will act as much on this as he acted in the past 47 years on everything else. Or maybe the NRA can bribe him? After all, everyone else has.

Joe has nothing to do with it. His handlers need the population disarmed to implement their plans. A lot of countries would also love to see the USA weakened this way. Had we been unarmed in the 40 a lot of the US would be speaking Japanese today
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:21 PM

Counting on the previous admin supporters to save them in 2022. lol

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:27 PM

Will Mexico supply us with guns when our government takes ours?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:32 PM

I used to have a sticker that said "I'm the NRA". I don't have one, or want one, anymore.

The only way we fight this now is refusal to comply. Join the G.O.A. Money well spent and big memberships make politicians nervous.

No Compromise. No Compliance.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:41 PM

You never miss an opportunity to bash the NRA do you Danny?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:44 PM

There are probably not many members who don't realize you despise the NRA. You've made your point over and over and over again. Maybe give it a rest? Maybe tell us the good things the pro gun organizations you support are doing instead of constantly tearing down the one you don't like?
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Will Mexico supply us with guns when our government takes ours?

Your letting them take yours ?
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:47 PM

NRA is just a business living off of gun owners

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 01:58 PM

Okay Karen.

How about something positive about the pro-gun group you support?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:00 PM

"Gun control is coming."

Hurry, let's start a bash-fest on the biggest pro-gun lobby in the Country.

SMH
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:08 PM

Gun control is hitting what you aimed at! smile
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:17 PM

Said member hasn't showed his face here lately, other than to brag himself up about some liberal class he's been working diligently on.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:18 PM

I used to send my money to the NRA. I'd get a letter saying "you didn't send enough."
Posted By: Posco

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Said member hasn't showed his face here lately

Punxsutawney James, the disingenuous troll? He'll pop up somewhere.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flipper

You would of been throwing rocks if not for the NRA a long time ago easy to ignore the many wins over the years. LOL SMH
Posted By: gman

Then send more!!!!
Posted By: Garryowen

Individual non compliance will not work. It will take an organization like the NRA with millions of members to restrain congress. Biden is hoping that is what we do.

Garryowen.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:23 PM

Okay Karen.

How about something positive about the pro-gun group you support?

They are good at raising money
Posted By: jtg

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:24 PM

Nothing worse than bashing someone or a group on your own side. Kind of like the out of shape, lazy man sitting on the couch screaming at the quarterback. The NRA like all of us is not perfect but they are on our side and support us. Without them the guns would already be gone. If you want to give the liberal gun thugs what they want keep bashing and not supporting the NRA. Once any right is taking it's almost impossible to take it back.

"Gun control is coming."

Hurry, let's start a bash-fest on the biggest pro-gun lobby in the Country.

SMH
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I used to have a sticker that said "I'm the NRA". I don't have one, or want one, anymore.

The only way we fight this now is refusal to comply. Join the G.O.A. Money well spent and big memberships make politicians nervous.

That's similar to the motto of the Roman Empire as they conquered.
Hey, whatever happened to that empire anyway?

cool

If they were what you claim they are they would not be the target they are today!

Lugnut how about instead, you quit telling everyone how wonderful the NRA is? Everbody already knows they are gun control advocates yet you support them anyway.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:26 PM

They are good at raising money [/quote]

They are going to need every penny they can get.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

You would of been throwing rocks if not for the NRA a long time ago easy to ignore the many wins over the years. LOL SMH
once they were good and accomplished something now they are linings there pockets.the question should be what have they done lately???
Posted By: corky

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:27 PM

If they were what you claim they are they would not be the target they are today!

x2

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:29 PM

Flipper go to their web site they are active on several fronts look into it it before making general statements parroting the left.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:30 PM

We have the gentleman who lives about 8 miles from us, who shot the Sutherland Springs Church gunman, running for office in the NRA and I listened to his interview recently.

He's been involved with the politics of the NRA these past couple years since that church massacre and he is disheartened by all those who gobble up the media lies about the NRA.
I heard his interview and Donna and I re-upped.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:32 PM

Mark, we have compromised ourselves into the corner we are in now. If we dont say no more now, then when do we?

Series of books have been written about the fall of the Roman empire. It all boils down to corruption and welfare. Most of the time IMO, you make no sense at all then resort to quoting the bible. I really dont care whether or not you think I should agree to give up my constitutionally recognized rights. I am NOT going to.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:33 PM

Here is an NRA TRUTH Mark. When Bill Clinton started running his mouth about how wonderful insta check would be, a back door gun OWNER registry, the NRA fell all over themselves to support it.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:35 PM

Almost all organizations are businesses. The EO get large salary's and benefits most would love to have. They have large staff to do the work. I have been an NRA member for years, and yes I keep getting mail asking for more money.
I am up in the air this year because of the trouble in NY. I have to agree with someone on this forum about going to TX.
I joined the Virginia Citizens Defense League, because I like what I seeing what they are doing in there State. I have not heard anything
about the NRA. Writing a ck for membership in the GOA.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:35 PM

You play fair and trust old Joe Danny let me know how that works for you then.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:36 PM

Well, you haven't been wrong since you were a lad, so I'll take that to my bank.
Forgive me if I hold a higher vantage than here and now.
If I make no sense to you, I apologize.
You're right. I'm wrong. In that precise order as you deem just.
I'll let my banker know your word is divine and never to be challenged as the truth.

Sound ok?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:36 PM

Lugnut how about instead, you quit telling everyone how wonderful the NRA is? Everbody already knows they are gun control advocates yet you support them anyway.

Like the left today they can't let facts get in the way of their feelings. NRA supports Gun control thay can't prove us wrong.

1986 hues amendment and the bump stock ban to name a few. But send them your money and hope this time it will be different. Just the definition of insanity. Don't talk about those things they make me feel uncomfortable.

I guess you could buy them some more 5k suits if you want. They are just like the pro gun Republicans like Reagan and Trump that are responsible for those losses of freedom. O don't talk about that either they were better than the other guy. WAKE UP YOU ARE BEING PLAYED .
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:37 PM

Hopefully , if there is any justice left in this world , chimo Joe and the beezoe will get what the deserve

Good vs evil

Hopefully the good Lord is still on our side
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:38 PM

If you are serious about protecting our 2nd ammendment rights join and contribute to one or both of these organizations. If you prefer one over the other send all your support there, but there is nothing to be gained from bashing the other.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:40 PM

My thoughts exactly

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:41 PM

telling the truth is just telling the truth

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Hopefully , if there is any justice left in this world , chimo Joe and the beezoe will get what the deserve

Good vs evil

Don't doubt that last sentence as God honors His promises. The rest of it.... ???
Saints are not promised roses and fairy dust in this life.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
If you are serious about protecting our 2nd ammendment rights join and contribute to one or both of these organizations. If you prefer one over the other send all your support there, but there is nothing to be gained from bashing the other.

Makes you wonder how many don’t belong to either! LOL

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:42 PM

There is a couple of members on here that need to sit in the corner til they realize how foolish they sound. That's what happened to me in school when I talked and acted like an idiot!!!! And stay there till you realize how fortunate we are to have the NRA.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:44 PM

telling the truth is just telling the truth

Your version sir. You are welcome to it... as we all are.
You have a rugged time humbly & sincerely accepting those not like you if they don't hold your truth.
Why is that?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Good vs evil

We're all sinners, we're all innately evil but God is on the side of what's right. Part of me wants to see fire and brimstone rain down but there's part of me that realizes I might catch a stray coal. We need to be careful.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:49 PM

You can tell what an organizations agenda is by what they do. The agenda of the NRA is to make money from a controversial issue. No different, or no better, than PETA

So Mark, why should I accept them?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:51 PM

When the job needs to be done always try to use a smaller hammer. crazy You need to understand they want to take your guns and not regulate them anymore so wake up and stop complaining and doing nothing!

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

Think about that hard for a minute. No harm in supporting a gun rights group that supports incremental restrictions while receiving fat nonprofit salaries. It's not like that money would be better spent with a true pro gun organization. Darn straight there is plenty to be gained by calling them out on it. It's called awareness. Most Americans are to lazy to do any research themself and will blindly throw their money away to the NRA thinking they are a no compromise cold dead hands group they try to portray. Once they are informed and they still chose to have at it. But that about like James voting at that point.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:53 PM

2X /////////// why wound anyone believe a new york prosecutor,i don't remember n y proecutor giving two s#!ts about gun owners, they have ulterior motives...

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:54 PM

The NRA HAS protected our gun rights for many years. We need them now more than ever.

The government only respects numbers. The more members they have the more they can protect you.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 02:56 PM

When it boils down to it, a God given right is not to buy or sell. It's a gift, much like Grace.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:04 PM

You can tell what an organizations agenda is by what they do. The agenda of the NRA is to make money from a controversial issue. No different, or no better, than PETA

You're opposed to capitalism? You paint with two colors often DC and perhaps black and white aren't the only colors to use in this discussion?
I listen to a local guy who flies from Texas to NY to sit in on every executive meeting he could these past three years and I believe what he relays which is the world of politics, power, greed, people, government, NYC, guns, emotions, and on and on is complicated but that most at NRA are dedicated but there's some laundry needs cleaning. He's astonished as he talks with Joe & Jill gun owner, how much anti-NRA glob they believe from ALL the anti-gun news agencies. All.

I got bad news for ya. The nation is not all like Kansas. Sometimes it takes brass knuckles to brass knuckle in gubment, power, greedy situations.
I sent my money and so did Donna and we're ok with that.
Can you be?
It's a stance against what you think is truth.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Wasn't there a member here who claimed he didn't know if Biden was anti-gun or not? Didn't he say he would "send money" if it turned out Biden was anti-gun? I'd say this release is proof of what most of us realized many years ago.

Highly Doubt it

They never do. They always have excuses like, there are other issues that are more important to me. Yet, they were the first ones to complain about Bush or Trump about any gun issue that came up during their administration trying to convince gun owners that these two presidents were no more on the side of gun owners than the democrats were.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:09 PM

History will show you to be in the same boat as the people who vote for gun grabbers.....once you get your wish and there's no NRA and your rights are taken, you have no one to blame but yourself like they do now that the Dems have control.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:10 PM

So the non NRA member on this forum would care less if NRA shut down and went out of business. You look at them as gun owners enemy! Right or Wrong.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:17 PM

Its pretty obvious he would like t see them shut down, mention NRA and the bad mouthing begins.

Getting There, do you consider the New York AG that is trying to disband them the enemy???

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:23 PM

What Danny is saying is that we support an organization that does not compromise rights away a little bit at a time. I am not going to make anyones mind up but mine here. All I know is that my money goes to GOA and there there are 42 acres in TN that will not be handed over to the gun grabbers / communists without a fight. Y'all do what you think is right and so will I.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:23 PM

The MSM wouldn't attack the NRA the way if does if it wasn't a hindrance to their cause. I'm sure the NRA could tighten its belt and be better stewards of the monies going their way but they are the poster child representing us to the general public.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
So the non NRA member on this forum would care less if NRA shut down and went out of business. You look at them as gun owners enemy! Right or Wrong.

No they do great things with safety and instruction. I just wish they were what they and those the blindly believe they walk on water believe they are. Facts and history prove they openly support restrictions especially when there is a Republican president. In fact I dare say in my lifetime I have lost more gun rights under Republican leadership with NRA support than Democrats sadly. I was born in 80.

I just wish people would wake up and realize they are being played from both sides. The goal of both are the same. They pretend to be in line with your values to keep you compliant and feeling like you have a voice in the system. They know from history the subjects revolt when the feel like they have no other options. So they give us a show like pro wrestling.

But that would take critical thinking and be overwhelmingly and quite scary getting their life long views turned on their heads.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
What Danny is saying is that we support an organization that does not compromise rights away a little bit at a time. I am not going to make anyones mind up but mine here. All I know is that my money goes to GOA and there there are 42 acres in TN that will not be handed over to the gun grabbers / communists without a fight. Y'all do what you think is right and so will I.

I'll send GAO some money and maybe go camp out on that 42 acres.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:25 PM

and they are bankrupt

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

I'll send GAO some money and maybe go camp out on that 42 acres.

I'm with these guys. Same thing with 96 acres in Indiana.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Its pretty obvious he would like t see them shut down, mention NRA and the bad mouthing begins.

Getting There, do you consider the New York AG that is trying to disband them the enemy???

First of all who is (its pretty obvious he would like to see them shut down) I do not know enough about the AG in NY to say. It would depend on why this action is being taken. New York not being a gun friendly State I would not agree with there action if the TRUTH be really known.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:39 PM

I understand y'all blame the NRA for anti gun laws, and some they are guilty on....but what was gained in that approach?

Here's an example that gets pointed out on here as the NRA compromising, even said to have supported .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

If you read what the NRA submitted as this bill, it was all pro gun. Enter the democrats which held the house by a large margin, 50-70, I'm not sure anymore but they were needed in a big way to pass the pro gun portions. The NRA DID NOT WRITE THE ANTI AUTOMATIC portion of the bill or support that portion. As you can read, the house dems did that.

But yet when an NRA mention comes up, the un-informed start in on the NRA.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

and they are bankrupt

Is that a fact?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:47 PM

I understand y'all blame the NRA for anti gun laws, and some they are guilty on....but what was gained in that approach?

Here's an example that gets pointed out on here as the NRA compromising, even said to have supported .

If you read what the NRA submitted as this bill, it was all pro gun. Enter the democrats which held the house by a large margin, 50-70, I'm not sure anymore but they were needed in a big way to pass the pro gun portions. The NRA DID NOT WRITE THE ANTI AUTOMATIC portion of the bill or support that portion. As you can read, the house dems did that.

They can keep their pro gun parts if I can have my new full auto rights back. Better to withdraw than compromise on a bad law.

I call it selling out one thing for another. I was 5 going on 6 at the time. I bet you can try to defend what they did on bump stock. Basically giving Trump the ok and being the populist he is he jumped on it. Set one very poor president. I'm sure the gun grabbers are taking their hats off to both of them.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:56 PM

Read these post. This is why they are winning and we are losing we can't even get along with ourselves. While they have closed ranks and are coming.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:56 PM

Here is an NRA TRUTH Mark. When Bill Clinton started running his mouth about how wonderful insta check would be, a back door gun OWNER registry, the NRA fell all over themselves to support it.

So you oppose insta check? There are laws concerning convicted felons ( most crime is committed by repeaters) not being able to own a gun. This is just an attempt to limit one way for these people to obtain a gun. The 5 day waiting period sucked.

The NRA represents law abiding gun owners. They don't represent criminal gun owners.

If you are worried they are keeping a record, buy your guns outside the insta check system.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

They can keep their pro gun parts if I can have my new full auto rights back. Better to withdraw than compromise on a bad law.

I call it selling out one thing for another. I was 5 going on 6 at the time. I bet you can try to defend what they did on bump stock. Basically giving Trump the ok and being the populist he is he jumped on it. Set one very poor president. I'm sure the gun grabbers are taking their hats off to both of them.

I think you mean precedent. He was a poor president though.
grin

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:05 PM

I never once claimed they were "wonderful." How about you stop making crap up?

I have many times posted long lists of their wins in court against gun-grabbers, their gun safety programs, their sponsored shooting events, their backing of the hunting and gun ownership culture in America, their political contributions and efforts to get pro-gun politicians elected, their vigilance on congress and timely warnings to members about anti-gun legislation and much more.

All of it is completely ignored or worse, criticized by folks like you.

They are not perfect, no organization that large ever will be. I have posted about the efforts of many folks, myself included, to change the command structure from within via board of directors voting. That too was ignored.

As I originally replied to you; we all know how you feel about the NRA. We get it. Really, we do. How about you stop beating that long dead horse and tell us something positive that your organization has done?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

and they are bankrupt

Get your info right that was a legal move to protect their assets from NY trying to take their money, people are fleeing NY so why would the NRA not do the same to protect itself from being robbed.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:13 PM

Your right on my spelling. Never my strong suit and auto correct guess wrong often.

Despite Trumps short comings I still believe he was the best president in my lifetime.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:14 PM

The original post wasn't even about the NRA. It was simply a link to their site warning gun-owners about the coming 2A assault.

That's what this post should be about, the anti-gun legislation that I can guarantee you is coming.

But here come the haters and the bashers crawling out of the woodwork to start infighting. Never miss an opportunity to hate on the NRA eh guys?

And even though I've ask repeatedly, not one of these folks has posted anything positive about the pro-gun group they support.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that we are losing.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:14 PM

Your right on my spelling. Never my strong suit and auto correct guess wrong often.

Despite Trumps short comings I still believe he was the best president in my lifetime.

I knew what you meant, we all did, and you're right.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:15 PM

I was going to say, legislation is coming, the control is yet to be seen.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:18 PM

Get you info right that was a legal move to protect their assets from NY trying to take their money, people are fleeing NY so why would the NRA not do the same to protect itself from being robbed.[/quote]

Legal move or not are you saying they didn't go bankrupt? They did so sounds like he is correct to me.

Why didn't they move to a freedom loving pro gun state years ago. Can't see the writing on the wall or plan for the future very effectively do they.

Then again I have made poor choices in my life as well.

Yes, its coming no the political system will no longer stop it or even slow it down. They no longer have to worry about loosing elections so will do as they please.

Now that is our of the way what's your plan to deal with it? Comply, bury, fight, be realistic.

University background checks for all sales including private. Well that will require a registry to keep track and another big expensive federal department.

Make it sound reasonable the sheep will fall for it. Then in a few years start eliminating what people can have. Now that they know where they are at.

Didn't register a few no problem. You have a single shot that you did register they know you probably have more.

Need ammo do you have your license to buy any complete with mental health screening?

Its coming hard and fast better make your plan and be honest with yourself on what your willing to do. Don't forget many of your friends will gladly turn you in when it saves them and their families. Better pick them wisely.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:20 PM

I'm pretty sure, thanks to the NRA, we have been winning the last 40 years.

We have made more gains than losses. IMHO

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:20 PM

Which group do you send money to Providence Farm ?

Any recent accomplishments by them you can share?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:24 PM

Get you info right that was a legal move to protect their assets from NY trying to take their money, people are fleeing NY so why would the NRA not do the same to protect itself from being robbed.

[Legal move or not are you saying they didn't go bankrupt? They did so sounds like he is correct to me.

Why didn't they move to a freedom loving pro gun state years ago. Can't see the writing on the wall or plan for the future very effectively do they. [/quote]

Protecting their assets nothing more if the NRA was in real trouble the MSM would be all over it every day. LOL
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:28 PM

No one should surprised. Hard to believe that some on here said this wouldnt happen.

https://justthenews.com/government/...white-house-executive-action-forthcoming

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 04:45 PM

GOA. They supported the kid protecting himself from the rioting thugs pretty quickly. That also keep a lot of people informed and make it easy for nonmembers to send emails off.

Honesty I don't hate the NRA I'm just not a blind banner carrier. I call them out on the failures to bad the voting members don't. It could be what many think and what I wish they were if they would. But to many jellyfish gun owners. The organization accurately reflects its membership unfortunately.

For example many support background checks, waiting periods, storage requirements, mental evaluation ect..

They don't like or see the need for an Ar15 or anything beyond a revolver, break action or bolt gun.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:04 PM

Problem is, your pointing your finger at the wrong people. The politicians put that part in.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:06 PM

How much time does the NRA waste trying to keep it legal for you gun nuts to be able to own military looking weapons. A lot. I see the need for semi-auto guns, but I don't need for them to look like military weapons. Does it matter if they look like military weapons, no. If they make nonsense laws saying they can't look like military weapons, do I care: not really. As long as they don't make semi-autos illegal, I don't care if they make it illegal for them to be black, or no pistol grip, or 30 round magazine. This where the NRA represents you, not me.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:07 PM

I can hear ya in the future, it will go like this..............

The Dems will introduce a bill that goes after 5-6 gun rights. The NRA will be the only group there fighting for us but will get the Dems to drop only 3 of the parts.
The next day, you'll blame the NRA for "compromising".

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:13 PM

GOA. They supported the kid protecting himself from the rioting thugs pretty quickly. That also keep a lot of people informed and make it easy for nonmembers to send emails off.

Honesty I don't hate the NRA I'm just not a blind banner carrier. I call them out on the failures to bad the voting members don't. It could be what many think and what I wish they were if they would. But to many jellyfish gun owners. The organization accurately reflects its membership unfortunately.

For example many support background checks, waiting periods, storage requirements, mental evaluation ect..

They don't like or see the need for an Ar15 or anything beyond a revolver, break action or bolt gun.

Thanks for the GOA update.

And I agree with you about jellyfish gun owners. I don't agree that the NRA reflects their ideals.

And as far a voting members not calling them out. That has been happening for years. Unfortunately there has been a power-struggle going on and many dissenting board members are silenced through politics and voting members voices are not always heard. There needs to be a change at the top, I don't argue that. LaPierre has done an outstanding job but I believe it is time for him to go.

They are still the most powerful gun lobby in the Country and the one most feared by gun-grabbing politicians. We need them. We need to support them and the other organizations.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:13 PM

Well I guess it wasn't the NRA that supported the bump stock ban. And don't give me that all they did was tell them to look at it crap. Anyone watching can see they clearly let Trump know they supported him on it.

The night before they came out with there stance on bump stocks I filled everything out to get myself, wife and 3 kids life memberships. I was finally happy with the direction they were going mainly do to the support and attention they gave the HPA.. It was late at night 0and a large cash outlay so waited to discuss it with the wife in the morning and get her approval. Low and behold guess what I saw when I checked the news that morning. Boy was I glad I waited.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
How much time does the NRA waste trying to keep it legal for you gun nuts to be able to own military looking weapons. A lot. I see the need for semi-auto guns, but I don't need for them to look like military weapons. Does it matter if they look like military weapons, no. If they make nonsense laws saying they can't look like military weapons, do I care: not really. As long as they don't make semi-autos illegal, I don't care if they make it illegal for them to be black, or no pistol grip, or 30 round magazine. This where the NRA represents you, not me.

This ^ attitude in my opinion is the problem, and why they will get all the gun control they want. Those military looking weapons are nothing more than a semi auto centerfire rifle. Nothing more, nothing less. Let them take those from you and they will simply move the ball forward, and keep taking. I know, they have done it here.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:18 PM

If 74 million people voted for Trump them the NRA should have 74 million members.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:24 PM

We need them all and we need all gun owners to grow a pair. I'm angry and bitter. I see my entire lifestyle and everything I stand for under constant attack with no end in sight.

I'm normally not one to complain without having a reasonable solution because complaining is easy fixing the problem is what's hard. But at this point I'm about to just throw up my hands. Its obviously a lost cause and battle . The good news is those are the conditions God tends to favor and it makes no doubt about who the overwhelming unbelievable victory belong. Knowing God's in charge and his plans are in motion are what keeps me going these days.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:28 PM

Personally, I think Trump and the NRA did as well as could be expected after our largest killing in history.

They fought off both democrats AND RHINO's wanting any number of gun laws with only losing bump stocks. Remember, there are 535 members of congress being fought.

God forbid another shooting, but should one happen again the way congress is, no one will stop new laws.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by coyote addict
Will Mexico supply us you with guns when our government takes ours yours?

Your letting them take yours ?

I’m not a gun owner. Fixed for you, I initially was striving for unity. I apologize for the failure.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:32 PM

You made my point much better than I possibly could have. Thanks

I personally could not care about bump stock, full auto,heck I really honestly don't like my ar 15s or my glock.

Do you truly think they will ever stop? They will keep going tell you can't carry a knife like in London. This is why it's a lost cause. Thanks again.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:43 PM

Does it matter that I don't care? The NRA does.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:43 PM

Personally, I think Trump and the NRA did as well as could be expected after our largest killing in history.

They fought off both democrats AND RHINO's wanting any number of gun laws with only losing bump stocks. Remember, there are 535 members of congress being fought.

God forbid another shooting, but should one happen again the way congress is, no one will stop new laws.

I understand bump stocks fell on the sword. It also was done incorrectly. It should have gone through Congress to change the definition of MG. Not executive order banning a firearm accessory that meets the letter of the law. Now we are in for it.

There will be another shooting or several. Watch closely for the organized narrative that comes out. White, Christian, Trump, racist, NRA... The details will be suspect and the opposite of what's reported. It will almost looked planned to push the gun control agenda and make that freedom loving group enemy #1. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:44 PM

Perhaps those done with compromising are saving their money for a real insurrection.

Can’t imagine the money that would take but at least it would be a long term correction. lol

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:46 PM

Does it matter that I don't care? The NRA does.

Yes it matters. It's you and millions like you that can and will take to make the changes needed to save our country. It makes all the difference in the world.

I will stand up for your right will you stand up for mine?
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:50 PM

No different, or no better, than PETA???????

Danny Clifton, You just relegated yourself to the JAMES FILE. No different, or no better!!

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 05:53 PM

I’ve come to the conclusion that everybody that has posted is in agreement the country needs to be saved, just not the manner required to save it.

That is a problem when those destroying it are in agreement with how to do that.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:00 PM

You really think everyone that voted for Trump is a gun supporter?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
You really think everyone that voted for Trump is a gun supporter?

I don’t but I think they are smart enough not to get one if they don’t want them. lol

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:04 PM

I’ve come to the conclusion that everybody that has posted is in agreement the country needs to be saved, just not the manner required to save it.

That is a problem when those destroying it are in agreement with how to do that.

Yes they have numbers and we need numbers too. A person standing and saying I won't give up my arms doesn't mean much to politicians. They are interested in numbers and if you can and will vote as a block. Then we can save our rights and maybe expand some.

So if it's not the NRA then it needs to be something just like it and it needs to have our whole side support it.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:04 PM

Well I renewed my NRA membership, my wife said, is nothing better than the NRA, I said I don't think so because they have been around a long time. At the same time I renewed my GOA. IF you want to see an organization that is working hard look at the Virginia Citizens Defense League. I have no problem with the GOA and the VCDL.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Garryowen

Yes they have numbers and we need numbers too. A person standing and saying I won't give up my arms doesn't mean much to politicians. They are interested in numbers and if you can and will vote as a block. Then we can save our rights and maybe expand some.

So if it's not the NRA then it needs to be something just like it and it needs to have our whole side support it.

Garryowen

After the last election I I don't believe the numbers at the polls matter any more. They seem to pay attention to numbers knocking on their door though.

The thought of all those angry peasants being armed though really makes them nervous. Better get rid of those peasants arms if you want total control.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:15 PM

Huh!

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:19 PM

Garryowen

I’m not certain it’s just numbers. With so much corruption in that arena it seems probably that money greases some wheels and I despise the thought of paying a ransom for something guaranteed for free.

They seem to be chasing republicans, show me where “you”/“them” have found some on the other side that understand the constitution and support them putting the gun owners in a no lose situation.
Posted By: jtg

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:25 PM

Thank you, Sir. I wish there were more good men like you.

Originally Posted by Getting There
Well I renewed my NRA membership, my wife said, is nothing better than the NRA, I said I don't think so because they have been around a long time. At the same time I renewed my GOA. IF you want to see an organization that is working hard look at the Virginia Citizens Defense League. I have no problem with the GOA and the VCDL.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:39 PM

I understand bump stocks fell on the sword. It also was done incorrectly. It should have gone through Congress to change the definition of MG. Not executive order banning a firearm accessory that meets the letter of the law. Now we are in for it.

There will be another shooting or several. Watch closely for the organized narrative that comes out. White, Christian, Trump, racist, NRA... The details will be suspect and the opposite of what's reported. It will almost looked planned to push the gun control agenda and make that freedom loving group enemy #1. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

Your probably right about how it was done, but it did one very important thing....ended the call to ban semis, mags over ten rounds, the red flag law, gun registration and gun show loopholes. Most of those things were in the Manchin-Toomey bill which had lots of support in congress.

Not a word about gun control (the rest of Trumps term) after the bump stock ban until now that the dems have control.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:47 PM

I can hear ya in the future, it will go like this..............

The Dems will introduce a bill that goes after 5-6 gun rights. The NRA will be the only group there fighting for us but will get the Dems to drop only 3 of the parts.
The next day, you'll blame the NRA for "compromising".

Boy! Did you get that right! I agree with you 100%. Bump stocks was a perfect example.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:47 PM

The Capitol is being fortified and defended against righteously outraged, Americans who are having their God given rights stolen by the democrats.

Keith

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:49 PM

I set off an alarm this morning when I tried to walk into a grocery store with a gun in my pocket. I had to go spend my money elsewhere.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 06:57 PM

Politicians are always concerned about getting re-elected. Individuals making a stand against gun control is good. It does not carry the weight of millions of people that support gun rights standing together saying to we will not give up our second amendment rights. Also, if anybody votes to restrict them will be voted out of office.

The NRA is the organization that we have looked to in the past to support us. It's unfortunate that they are having problems right when we need them the most.

We either stand together or we will lose our rights one by one.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:22 PM

There will be another shooting or several. Watch closely for the organized narrative that comes out. White, Christian, Trump, racist, NRA... The details will be suspect and the opposite of what's reported. It will almost looked planned to push the gun control agenda and make that freedom loving group enemy #1. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet. [/quote]

Your probably right about how it was done, but it did one very important thing....ended the call to ban semis, mags over ten rounds, the red flag law, gun registration and gun show loopholes. Most of those things were in the Manchin-Toomey bill which had lots of support in congress.

Not a word about gun control (the rest of Trumps term) after the bump stock ban until now that the dems have control.[/quote]

Honest question. What did that accomplish? All I see is set bad example and delay the calls for restrictions for 3 years. As you pointed out now they have complete control.

At least back then there was a chance to fight it. At the least it would have put all the politicians on record how they voted.

I guess I just have a Different view I suppose

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:35 PM

Lugnut .... Ask and though shall receive

https://www.gunowners.org/category/press-center/

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:36 PM

I see it as they did fight it, and won. Yep, we're going to have to fight them again and you better hope the NRA is there for you.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:39 PM

Lugnut .... Ask and though shall receive

https://www.gunowners.org/category/press-center/

I hope they succeed!! That Green woman is one of us, and if she survives the swamp she'll do us some good.

They already clipped her wings but she vows to fight on as Trump did!

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The Capitol is being fortified and defended against righteously outraged, Americans who are having their God given rights stolen by the democrats.

Keith

They can’t hold up in there forever. Gotta go home eventually.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:47 PM

You can tell what an organizations agenda is by what they do.

I agree, and I know the NRA drives the lefty gun control freaks nuts. I really like that!

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:47 PM

It's why we need our National and state trapping organizations. If we try to get our agenda done by ourselves it won't work. But, if thousands to millions of people want something they will get their politicians attention.

This isn't some thing that is hypothetical that we discuss but may never happen. They are coming as soon as they can get organized. We had better do the same.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:56 PM

. They are coming as soon as they can get organized. We had better do the same.

Garryowen

We may be ready for them more than you believe. You can only grease a bearing so much before you have to actually fix it.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 07:56 PM

Gun control is keepin the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and hitting what you aimed at.
What these no account, low down, treasonous Blank blankin blankers are trying to control is US. The want to put us in a position where we either cannot or will not defend ourselves from them.

I typed too much yesterday so lets KISS today

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 08:13 PM

How many hours did that revolution last a couple weeks ago before everybody quit and went home?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 08:36 PM

How many hours did that revolution last a couple weeks ago before everybody quit and went home?

lol

You’re as bad as the media if you think that’s what that was. LMAO
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 08:36 PM

what revolution -- oh you mean the protest - those don't usually last more than a few hours just so you know.
Posted By: imiller

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:01 PM

https://www.fox43.com/article/news/...521-20d43228-9d30-462d-b123-215efff42c3f

sorry if this has been posted already
Posted By: Boco

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:05 PM

Unfortunately,Trump,and the buffalo hat guy and crew probably sealed the deal for the gun control movement.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by imiller

I couldn’t help but noticed when I scrolled further there was a story regarding a man charged for assaulting a 4 month old, yet I didn’t see an article regarding regulating who can have children or even be around them.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:18 PM

Why can't you all get along and be nice, like I always do! grin

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Unfortunately,Trump,and the buffalo hat guy and crew probably sealed the deal for the gun control movement.

Ya that what done it. Before that they loved the constitution and were 100% pro gun. Just ask James.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

what revolution -- oh you mean the protest - those don't usually last more than a few hours just so you know.

Seems democrat ones last weeks if not months.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:31 PM

What part of "shall not be infringed" is not clear? What am I missing?

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bleeohio

I’m not sure. Yesterday a Democrat went into great lengths about how the word “Shall” in the Constitution is there to remove all doubt regarding responsibility of those governing and what MUST be done.

Apparently it doesn’t mean the same thing when the word “Not” follows it. lol
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 10:46 PM

Yes - but we are much more civilized than they are.
Seems democrat ones last weeks if not months.[/quote]
Posted By: SJA

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by bleeohio

I’m not sure. Yesterday a Democrat went into great lengths about how the word “Shall” in the Constitution is there to remove all doubt regarding responsibility of those governing and what MUST be done.

Apparently it doesn’t mean the same thing when the word “Not” follows it. lol

The Dem was wrong. Actually the word "Shall" is old usage and is not used in proper legal terminology today. The word "Must" gives precedence to the enforcement aspect of legalities. Still confusing to many between the two terms.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:11 PM

some more people who love their liberty

Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:20 PM

If 74 LIVING million people voted for Trump them the NRA should have 74 million members.

Garryowen

Fixed it

There's three sides to every story: your side-myside-and the truth.

Some on this forum have a real biatch with Minnesota and it's no resident trapping law. They rant on the MTA for said law. But I believe the MTA has jumped up and stood for MN trapping at the MN capital. So even if I have a biatch with MN NR I still have to admit the MTA has done good things for me. So to, the NRA.

Compromise does favor the aggressor, if they want to take away six things, compromise get's them three.
Every time some simpleton wants to tell me the benefits of compromise I go to:
I want to KILL you, let's compromise, I'll only maim you.
No?

OK, I'll just make the first few of a thousand paper cuts.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:21 PM

The word Shall is related to Should.
Should is the past tense of Shall.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:22 PM

We have to understand, soon enough will will have new faces in DC pushing and pulling our laws back and forth. Look honestly at the ages of our most powerful politicians. Many won't be with us in 10 years or less. Some current politicians are in very poor health now, Jerrold Nadler, Joe Biden** and have we heard from Diane Fienstien lately? Faces are going to change fast in 5 years. They will be throwing many Hail Mary's the next 2 years. Just my humble opinion.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:49 PM

If the democrats repeal the second amendment we will never get it back again. It is not in the governments interest to allow it.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:53 PM

That's not correct. Shall is a command, should is a suggestion.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:57 PM

"Used instead of "will" when the subject is "I" or "we"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/shall

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/11/21 11:59 PM

"The Supreme Court of the United States ruled that “shall” really means “may” – quite a surprise to attorneys who were taught in law school that “shall” means “must”. In fact, “must” is the only word that imposes a legal obligation that something is mandatory. Also, “must not” are the only words that say something is prohibited."

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:11 AM

If the democrats repeal the second amendment we will never get it back again. It is not in the governments interest to allow it.

Garryowen

Words are being twisted today to keep you from speaking out and if you do it will be turned into what it never was meant to be.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:13 AM

Garryowen

Words are being twisted today to keep you from speaking out and if you do it will be turned into what it never was meant to be.

So your in favor of taxing 5yr olds for riding tricycles huh? grin

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Quartermastersir
If 74 LIVING million people voted for Trump them the NRA should have 74 million members.

Garryowen

Fixed it

There's three sides to every story: your side-myside-and the truth.

Some on this forum have a real biatch with Minnesota and it's no resident trapping law. They rant on the MTA for said law. But I believe the MTA has jumped up and stood for MN trapping at the MN capital. So even if I have a biatch with MN NR I still have to admit the MTA has done good things for me. So to, the NRA.

Compromise does favor the aggressor, if they want to take away six things, compromise get's them three.
Every time some simpleton wants to tell me the benefits of compromise I go to:
I want to KILL you, let's compromise, I'll only maim you.
No?

OK, I'll just make the first few of a thousand paper cuts.

A police officer stopped a woman for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. The officer told the woman she did not come to a complete stop. She said to the officer I just about stopped! The police officer pulled out his night stick and started tapping the woman on the forehead and said do you want me to stop or just about stop.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:23 AM

Well I guess it wasn't the NRA that supported the bump stock ban. And don't give me that all they did was tell them to look at it crap. Anyone watching can see they clearly let Trump know they supported him on it.

The night before they came out with there stance on bump stocks I filled everything out to get myself, wife and 3 kids life memberships. I was finally happy with the direction they were going mainly do to the support and attention they gave the HPA.. It was late at night 0and a large cash outlay so waited to discuss it with the wife in the morning and get her approval. Low and behold guess what I saw when I checked the news that morning. Boy was I glad I waited.

So all of your anti NRA bashing stems from the bump stock ban? Did you even have a bump stock? And you just can't live without it. Guess what? The only reason you still have the thing the bump stock went on is because of the NRA ! And why should the NRA support bump stocks? In case you didn't know it a bump stock is not a gun!

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:34 AM

i support shall not be infringed

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:41 AM

Yes it is,I googled it.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by gman

So all of your anti NRA bashing stems from the bump stock ban? Did you even have a bump stock? And you just can't live without it. Guess what? The only reason you still have the thing the bump stock went on is because of the NRA ! And why should the NRA support bump stocks? In case you didn't know it a bump stock is not a gun!

This is about the dumbest post I have read on this forum for a long time.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:46 AM

No I never had a bump stock. Shot some friends had not my thing. I also didn't care for binary triggers. Full auto is ok for or a short time but a waste of ammo and gets old quick. Only hits count.

Why should they worry about mag capacity, bayonet lugs, pistol grips, or types of ammo by your logic. Honestly your mind set is the problem. At this point if you don't get it you never will. Your a prime example of what I was talking about. At this junction I will retire from this thread in the name of civility. Good day.

Edit; Arms are not limited to guns. Think on it just a little.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:53 AM

Haggling is a good thing and our gubmint is built upon the sides going at each other. It's called a stale mate & hot political air.

It gets scary when the two sides come tougher in a kumbaya moment!

Let freedom ring!
Ding.
In this corner weighing in at.....
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:55 AM

Only to the mental midgets of the world

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:58 AM

This is about the dumbest post I have read on this forum for a long time.

Yep

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 01:05 AM

Well you know LL, they still think that mess of ragtag mule skinners and shooting buffalos from a train that goes east and west killed millions of tetonka in 10 years back in the day.
That's how smart people is.

Tweren't enough cartridges produced during that time to kill a herd that would have produced 16 million calves a year....
but hey, it sold a lot of newspapers back east and a photo or two can rile the herds.... of people,
plus peoples love to argue for YEARS about the same ooooolllllddddd things.

[Linked Image]

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 01:43 AM

1976 to 1986: Getting Started

In the United States the history of modern concealed carry started with Georgia. In 1976 that state’s lieutenant governor, Zell Miller, introduced what became the model for later laws. His effort was inspired by an NRA director and former border patrolman, Ed Topmiller. The heart of the law was that the job of administering the shall-issue permit process was given to a non-law enforcement, elected official, the Probate Court Judge.

Georgia joined a handful of other states allowing concealed carry, including Vermont, where no license is required; New Hampshire, with a 1923 law; Washington, which made issuance almost mandatory in 1961; and Connecticut, where in 1969 a Handgun Review Board was established to minimize arbitrary denials.

The Indiana Sportsmen’s Council, assisted by the NRA-ILA, passed a mandatory issuance law in 1980, then had to sue the state police and other agencies and elected officials into compliance.

A trend started, with CHL laws passed in Indiana in 1980, Maine and North Dakota in 1985, and South Dakota in 1986.

1987-88: Florida, the Media Storm

The national media ignored these until 1987, when Marion Hammer tackled Florida. Anti-gun folks were horrified. Obviously concealed carry would turn Florida into another Dodge City. Blood would flow in the street. Fender-benders would turn into firefights.

The fight was tough, but the Unified Sportsmen of Florida succeeded. The dire Predictions? A year later the president of the police chiefs association, who had opposed the bill, was asked if he had kept track of all the problems the law caused. “There aren’t any,” he said.

Marion P. Hammer was the first female president of the National Rifle Association from 1995 to 1998.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 02:18 AM

Yes it is,I googled it.

When your trapping regs say you "shall", that isn't a suggestion. You will.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 02:33 AM

Depends-a good lawyer shall get you off the hook,or at least should be able to.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 02:35 AM

Depends-a good lawyer shall get you off the hook,or at least should be able to.

grin
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 02:44 AM

Legally shall is not a command, our trapping laws used to read shall check your traps x amount of time depending on type of trap or type of set. Now it says must.

FWIW
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 03:18 AM

GOA News

GOA in philly

top 10 GOA lawsuits

Someone wanted to know what the GOA is up to. There you go. While the NRA reorganizes their business.

All this NRA stuff was gone over when LaPierre left PETA and went to the NRA. Heard alot of we need him to fight fire with fire (kinda like the left taking money from Soros).

Yall do what you want. I was taught differently than most, I guess. I don't consent and will not comply with illicit government mandates or laws no matter the penalty.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Legally shall is not a command, our trapping laws used to read shall check your traps x amount of time depending on type of trap or type of set. Now it says must.

FWIW

Let me offer this as an opinion. If you get a citation for a violation and "Shall" is written in your Laws e.g. traps "Shall" be checked within "X" number of hours / days, or whatever, IF you get an attorney he SHOULD know, or become aware of the SCOTUS RULING regarding Shall (optional as in "may") and Must (NOT an Option). Actually you could present your case to the Court and hopefully the Judge will know the updated difference. POSSIBLY case dismissed. Many laws "on the books" are arcaic and not updated due to laziness and costs on the various Depts. An old Law Professor once said " the best way to get rid of a bad law is to have it enforced" . . . some people actually read what "they" what they wrote". I know this to be true. . . . So food for thought guys. :-)

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 03:43 AM

Here's the skinny. Lug is a good ole boy from PA that post these kind of post to rile. Everyone that's in the know knows that the NRA is a gun rights giveaway and has been since the 30's, they need to stick to everything that's not in the courtroom because they give away our gun rights and freedoms. They are great, other then in the courtroom. We all do need to stand together we just need to do it with some sense.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

FWIW

The Oxford dictionary defines the legal meaning of "shall" as "must" and that is the common understanding of the word.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 04:57 AM

The Oxford dictionary is NOT a Legal Dictionary! and yes, shall" and "must" are NOW common MISUNDERSTANDINGS of the two words. . . . I'm done.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 07:12 AM

The Oxford dictionary and our Constitution predate any modern rendering of the word "shall". I'm not sure I'm done.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 09:36 AM

Our constitution was not written for lawyers.

It was not written to be open to interpretation.

It was written to limit the power of our government.

Government by its very nature strives to increase its power. Whether by dressing lawyers up in black robes and giving them authority to "interpret" and return favor for being appointed or assuming power government has never been constitutionally given. For example "executive orders".

The responsibility for demanding adherence to the cornerstone of all U.S. law is on the governed.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 09:45 AM

The right of the people to keep and bear arms must not be infringed? That almost begs the question of why not. They used the strongest possible language in crafting the 2nd Amendment. Shall not. No ambiguity there.

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:09 PM

I wonder if there's every been a generation which didn't consider itself wiser and "better" than all who had lived before them?

Our founding fathers founded this nation using language from a Book they were well versed in (literally and figuratively)
which typically translates the Hebrew and Greek word meanings of "instruct, command, must do," >>>>> into our English language word "shall."

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Gun Control is Coming - 02/12/21 12:20 PM

i think we are getting dumber. Its why we have lost so much liberty.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums