Home

CBD Oil

Posted By: MB750

CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:43 PM

I have been thinking about purchasing some CBD oil to see if it helps an old man's aches and pains.
Any suggestions, horror stories, good things, whatever. Thank you.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:46 PM

Just make sure you are not buying at a gas station or junk store etc.
Posted By: SJA

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:48 PM

$50 per 4oz. cream 400 mil. but helps on arthritic joints.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

Honey bee stings do a good job with that as well. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the hives and catching a few stings.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:51 PM

I've got a farmer friend who raises hemp. Picked up a bottle of 1000mg full spectrum oil tincture.
Posted By: Finster

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:53 PM

If you're working and they drug test, be careful. If it's not pure enough, you'll test dirty.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:54 PM

No problem. I'm old and retired.
Posted By: warrior

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by SJA

Honey bee stings do a good job with that as well. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the hives and catching a few stings.

Yup
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
If you're working and they drug test, be careful. If it's not pure enough, you'll test dirty.

I understand CBD oil, in order to be effective requires some amount of THC anyway. Good point with employment testing.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:58 PM

Get something with a little THC and get a good night's sleep. Lol

Re: CBD Oil - 02/10/21 11:59 PM

That'll be ok unless you're allergic to bee stings and go into anaphylactic shock.
Posted By: Oley

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:03 AM

I know many people including my dad who use it with excellent results. The tinctures that you put under the tongue seam to work the best as they enter the bloodstream quickly. The oil my dad uses is High strength and runs him about $90 a month.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by white dog

My wife acquired some special brownies from a friend and talked me into trying it. Hated it! Up half the night, restless, paranoid, couldn't swallow for some weird dry throat thing happening. Some sort of bad trip or something. It was the exact opposite of everything beneficial it's suppose to do for you, lol.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:06 AM

I went to the gummie bears.
I like the yellow ones cause they is the most yummyist
And yes they have a little thc in them.
I was getting immuned to the pure oil. Happens overtime with everything.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:07 AM

I go to a brain and spine center and have terrible pain. Don't like opiates because I'm lazy when I take them so now I take a mild form called tramadol. Tried the CBD oil didn't work for me. Have met people that it did help though. Make sure you get it threw your doctor. The stuff you buy at most stores is fake or so low in CBD it will be useless. The CBD you get at your Dr is tested. Hope you the best

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:24 AM

I'm no expert but have friends who are. You just got the wrong strain in those brownies. They were meant for the partiers.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:29 AM

Good stuff I use for sleep and helps

I do shift work. And short turn around back to day shift.

Works wonders on bad shoulder and knee pain.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:30 AM

Gateway drug! LOL J/K

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:31 AM

I'm no expert but have friends who are. You just got the wrong strain in those brownies. They were meant for the partiers.

No, the source was very reliable. It's just me. Exact same reaction when I tried it as a punk 40 years ago, hated it then too. .
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by MB750
I have been thinking about purchasing some CBD oil to see if it helps an old man's aches and pains.
Any suggestions, horror stories, good things, whatever. Thank you.

Pineapple will do you more good for less money. look up bromelain.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by SJA
That'll be ok unless you're allergic to bee stings and go into anaphylactic shock.

Still cures the arthritis just more permanently if that the case.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:35 AM

As long as it helps your wife.........

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by SJA

Still cures the arthritis just more permanently if that the case.

grin
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

My wife acquired some special brownies from a friend and talked me into trying it. Hated it! Up half the night, restless, paranoid, couldn't swallow for some weird dry throat thing happening. Some sort of bad trip or something. It was the exact opposite of everything beneficial it's suppose to do for you, lol.

Hey Maannn!

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:54 AM

330 T . . . it's "ey Monn" laugh
Posted By: Bob

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:00 AM

I’ve been thinking about trying it too. Arthritis runs in the family and I already have it in my hands pretty bad. I have a hard time sleeping as well, so I might just go down to the smoke shop and get some Mary Jane with height CBD content and kill two birds with one stone, pun intended lol luckily quality cbd and thc is readily available here, it’s legal recreationally. Nevada also passed a law stating that you cannot be fired and employers cannot fire you based on a positive test for THC unless your job poses a risk to the safety of others.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:02 AM

tried it some worked some didn't now i know theres a zillion types brands mixtures out there so you ain't gonna get by cheap people i know use it for arthritus pain and seem satisfied course maybe their pain isn't all that bad to start with compared to others
Try it if it helps you thats all that matters

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:03 AM

You were given the Sativa strain. You should try the Indica strain.

Indica= In Da Couch
Sativa= Clean the house

In case you were wondering which strain does what, that pretty much covers it lol
Posted By: JackD

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:10 AM

Don't buy anything that isn't GMP certified. GMP certification ensures the buyer that the oil is what the label says it is. Such as the strength and purity.

There are oils, sold at gas stations, drug stores, and all sorts of other retailers that SHOULD be outlawed. Same goes for a lot of other supplements and vitamins. People are spending their hard earned money on junk!

I'm a representative for CTFO and I can tell you about dozens, upon dozens, of testimonies of my family members, friends, and their pets that have had amazing results.
My number is 847-738-5225 for anybody who may be interested in trying some of the good stuff and/or making some very good extra money with a home based business that doesn't require any selling whatsoever.
Posted By: jtg

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:13 AM

I just started using it after trying everything else. I bought a small 2 ounce bottle of Sagely CBD Cream at Walgreens and the pain goes right away.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 02:02 AM

I agree
"Sativa" dominant will do that.
Try anything "Indica" dominant.
You will have a different opinion.
Posted By: old243

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 03:58 AM

My daughter has been making ,cbd salve . Mixed with our own bee's wax and a bit of baby oil. If my shoulder is hurting , it takes the pain away, I think it relaxes you , makes you sleep better. old243
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 05:59 AM

CBD really has nothing to do with the sativa or indica conversation. Legally, hemp is Cannabis sativa that has less than .3% THC. Many of the hemp strains that are grown for CBD have complex genetic backgrounds that may include both indica and sativa strains, with the THC component clipped mostly out with CRISPR gene editing tools used in horticulture.

The cannabis plant has many different cannabinoids, most which are not psychoactive. CBD, CBG, and CBC are just some that act as potent anti-inflammatorys and/or analgesics.

Commercially available CBD in the early going was very variable to content. Much of this was not scamming, just poor chemistry knowledge on part of the manufacturers.

I hear that things are better now.

As many of you know I have grown hemp commercially for a few years now and have become a fan of the wonderful things that CBD can do. My wife uses my homemade tincture as a sleep aid and it works great. No grogginess or feeling drugged like some of the over the counter aids. BTW, neither my wife or I like to get high. I do smoke hemp flower though after skinning beaver all day and it really does help. My partner who works a day job loading pallets also smokes hemp flower for his associate aches and pains. He thinks it' wonderful.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 06:07 AM

If you need CBD with zero chance of THC you need one that has been made with CBD isolate. Isolate has been purified to 99.9% CBD.

Personally, I think whole hemp extracts that have an entourage of various cannabinoids in small amounts produces the best effect.

The strains I have grown run from 12 to 19% CBD, but have small amounts of about 8-9 other cannabinoids, including THC. But all under 1%.
Posted By: Posco

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 07:14 AM

My daughter got me a bottle for the pain I was having in my legs. Pain similar to shin splints. The stuff seemed to work.
Posted By: mink99

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 10:35 AM

I use the gummies now. Taste better. Really help my stomach at night and I do sleep better. No more waking to take tums during the night.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:28 PM

I guess this is where I stir the pot (no pun intended) and say at the very least I'm skeptical about this new "wonder drug". Do I think it has some benefits for certain illnesses? Yes I do. Do I think it cures everything from warts to a broken back. Well, I think that's a bunch of hokum. Though I admit I haven't tried it myself. A positive drug test would end my career so I'm not willing to risk that. I'm not spouting off out of pure ignorance here, I have researched this a little. I think after all the dust settles, it will be effective for a very narrow host of problems. Right now, it is all the rage and not many studies have been done. The good part is that it doesn't really seem like you can OD or it can hurt you badly unless you count your wallet. Here is an article I found on WebMD that sums things up fairly well.

CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Safe & Effective?

MONDAY, May 7, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has become the hot new product in states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The non-intoxicating marijuana extract is being credited with helping treat a host of medical problems -- everything from epileptic seizures to anxiety to inflammation to sleeplessness.

But experts say the evidence is scant for most of these touted benefits.

Worse, CBD is being produced without any regulation, resulting in products that vary widely in quality, said Marcel Bonn-Miller, an adjunct assistant professor of psychology in psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

"It really is the Wild West," Bonn-Miller said. "Joe Bob who starts up a CBD company could say whatever the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) he wants on a label and sell it to people."

Cannabidiol is extracted from the flowers and buds of marijuana or hemp plants. It does not produce intoxication; marijuana's "high" is caused by the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

CBD oil is legal in 30 states where medicinal and/or recreational marijuana is legal, according to Governing magazine.

Seventeen additional states have CBD-specific laws on the books, according to Prevention magazine. Those are Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Strong Evidence for Treating Epilepsy

Only one purported use for cannabidiol, to treat epilepsy, has significant scientific evidence supporting it.

Last month, a U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory panel unanimously recommended approval of the CBD medication Epidiolex to treat two rare forms of childhood epilepsy.

"That's really the only area where the evidence has risen to the point where the FDA has said this is acceptable to approve a new drug," said Timothy Welty, chair of the department of clinical sciences at Drake University's College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, in Des Moines, Iowa.

For the rest of CBD's potential uses, there is simply too little evidence to make a firm conclusion.

For example, some human clinical trials suggest that CBD could be effective in treating symptoms of anxiety, particularly social anxiety, Bonn-Miller said.

This is the potential use for CBD with the most evidence after usefulness in epilepsy, but "there's a decent gap between those two," he said.

"There have been clinical trials in adults, but a lot smaller than the epilepsy studies that have been done in kids," Bonn-Miller said.

CBD's usefulness as an anti-inflammatory medication is the next most promising, but those results come mostly from animal studies, experts said.

Most Other Uses Largely Unproven

The rest of the potential uses -- as an antipsychotic, antidepressant or sleep aid "have all been studied in animals, with only one or two examples of studies in humans," Bonn-Miller said.

And Welty said the studies that have featured humans for these other CBD uses have either been case reports or studies that did not compare results against a control group that did not use the oil.

"There's no control, so it's basically how do you know if we're dealing with the true effect of the drug or just simply a placebo effect because somebody thinks they've been given a drug that will be beneficial?" Welty said.

There also are concerns about both the quality of CBD oil being produced and its potential side effects, the experts added.

Lack of Regulation Also Concerning

Because of the legally murky nature of marijuana, the FDA has not stepped in to regulate products like CBD oil, Bonn-Miller said. States are struggling to put regulations in place, but they don't have the deep pockets of the federal government.

Meanwhile, a 2017 study led by Bonn-Miller found that nearly 7 of 10 CBD products didn't contain the amount of marijuana extract promised on the label.

Nearly 43 percent of the products contained too little CBD, while about 26 percent contained too much, Bonn-Miller said.

"CBD is kind of a tricky drug because it's not very well absorbed orally," Welty explained. "Less than 20 percent of the drug is absorbed orally. If it isn't made in the right way, you may not be getting much drug into your systemic circulation."

Worse, about 1 in 5 CBD products contained the intoxicating pot chemical THC, Bonn-Miller and his colleagues found.

"That's a problem because THC can increase anxiety. It can actually make seizures worse. Those are the sorts of things you need to be careful about," Bonn-Miller said.

"If I were a consumer, purchasing it for myself or my kid, I would want to test it so that I knew what it actually had in it, because I couldn't trust what was on the label," Bonn-Miller concluded.

Potential Interactions With Other Meds

Studies on CBD also have raised concerns about possible interactions with other drugs.

For example, epilepsy studies found that "there were very clearly increases in the blood levels of some other anti-epileptic drugs when people were on CBD," Welty said.

This could mean that people taking anti-epilepsy drugs alongside CBD will need to adjust their dosage downward to avoid side effects, Welty noted.

There also is some indication that CBD might harm the liver. About 10 percent of people taking CBD in studies had increases in liver enzymes, which would indicate possible liver damage, Welty said.

"About 2 to 3 percent of individuals taking CBD actually had to discontinue because their liver enzymes went so high it was of concern to the people running the study," he said.

Welty recommends that people interested in CBD seek out a doctor who has read up on the extract and its potential uses.

"My bottom-line advice is people really need to be under the care of a health care provider who understands CBD. They need to be monitored and managed by that individual, and not just go out and buy CBD thinking it's going to be the answer," Welty said.

Source: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective
Posted By: 220SWIFT

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:31 PM

Reduce your sugar intake to help with your arthritis ,.. sugar is an acid that inflames your entire body including your brain and nervous system.

CBD is ultra effective when it’s in a 1 to 1 ratio with THC.
CBD will cancel the stone effect THC

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:37 PM

I'm with Finster. I hate to sound cynical, and obviously some have really done their homework (beaverpeeler) but the truth is a lot of people who wouldn't use it before legalization are jumping on the health benefits bandwagon to enjoy getting high while trying to avoid the stigma still surrounding the stoner lifestyle.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 12:56 PM

I'm with Finster. I hate to sound cynical, and obviously some have really done their homework (beaverpeeler) but the truth is a lot of people who wouldn't use it before legalization are jumping on the health benefits bandwagon to enjoy getting high while trying to avoid the stigma still surrounding the stoner lifestyle.

Just to clarify, CBD oil does not produce euphoria. However, I understand where you are coming from. The only reason they made pot legal for medicinal purposes is because they intended to legalize it all together from the get go. That was obvious to anyone paying attention. I said it back then and it came to pass. Just they way they went about it, you could get a script for a hangnail. Setting all of that aside and getting back to CBD, the thing that amazes me is that some of the same people that are touting CBD as this new wonder drug, are some of the same people that won't trust the Covid vaccine. I'm sure I'll be getting the "It's natural" argument (so are poisonous mushrooms). I'm in the "I don't trust either camp".

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:46 PM

If you can have a good time AND feel healthier, I don’t see the problem.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bob

If you can have a good time AND feel healthier, I don’t see the problem.

I don't disagree Bob, just stating my observation. I could care less about legalization but in our part of the world our liberal government didn't do enough to protect young people and failed to capitalize correctly on the taxation end of things, not to say I have intimate knowledge just IMO. Anybody with half a brain can see that alcohol is way more problematic for society.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 02:08 PM

I guess this is where I stir the pot (no pun intended) and say at the very least I'm skeptical about this new "wonder drug". Do I think it has some benefits for certain illnesses? Yes I do. Do I think it cures everything from warts to a broken back. Well, I think that's a bunch of hokum. Though I admit I haven't tried it myself. A positive drug test would end my career so I'm not willing to risk that. I'm not spouting off out of pure ignorance here, I have researched this a little. I think after all the dust settles, it will be effective for a very narrow host of problems. Right now, it is all the rage and not many studies have been done. The good part is that it doesn't really seem like you can OD or it can hurt you badly unless you count your wallet. Here is an article I found on WebMD that sums things up fairly well.

CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Safe & Effective?

MONDAY, May 7, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has become the hot new product in states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The non-intoxicating marijuana extract is being credited with helping treat a host of medical problems -- everything from epileptic seizures to anxiety to inflammation to sleeplessness.

But experts say the evidence is scant for most of these touted benefits.

Worse, CBD is being produced without any regulation, resulting in products that vary widely in quality, said Marcel Bonn-Miller, an adjunct assistant professor of psychology in psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

"It really is the Wild West," Bonn-Miller said. "Joe Bob who starts up a CBD company could say whatever the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) he wants on a label and sell it to people."

Cannabidiol is extracted from the flowers and buds of marijuana or hemp plants. It does not produce intoxication; marijuana's "high" is caused by the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

CBD oil is legal in 30 states where medicinal and/or recreational marijuana is legal, according to Governing magazine.

Seventeen additional states have CBD-specific laws on the books, according to Prevention magazine. Those are Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Strong Evidence for Treating Epilepsy

Only one purported use for cannabidiol, to treat epilepsy, has significant scientific evidence supporting it.

Last month, a U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory panel unanimously recommended approval of the CBD medication Epidiolex to treat two rare forms of childhood epilepsy.

"That's really the only area where the evidence has risen to the point where the FDA has said this is acceptable to approve a new drug," said Timothy Welty, chair of the department of clinical sciences at Drake University's College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, in Des Moines, Iowa.

For the rest of CBD's potential uses, there is simply too little evidence to make a firm conclusion.

For example, some human clinical trials suggest that CBD could be effective in treating symptoms of anxiety, particularly social anxiety, Bonn-Miller said.

This is the potential use for CBD with the most evidence after usefulness in epilepsy, but "there's a decent gap between those two," he said.

"There have been clinical trials in adults, but a lot smaller than the epilepsy studies that have been done in kids," Bonn-Miller said.

CBD's usefulness as an anti-inflammatory medication is the next most promising, but those results come mostly from animal studies, experts said.

Most Other Uses Largely Unproven

The rest of the potential uses -- as an antipsychotic, antidepressant or sleep aid "have all been studied in animals, with only one or two examples of studies in humans," Bonn-Miller said.

And Welty said the studies that have featured humans for these other CBD uses have either been case reports or studies that did not compare results against a control group that did not use the oil.

"There's no control, so it's basically how do you know if we're dealing with the true effect of the drug or just simply a placebo effect because somebody thinks they've been given a drug that will be beneficial?" Welty said.

There also are concerns about both the quality of CBD oil being produced and its potential side effects, the experts added.

Lack of Regulation Also Concerning

Because of the legally murky nature of marijuana, the FDA has not stepped in to regulate products like CBD oil, Bonn-Miller said. States are struggling to put regulations in place, but they don't have the deep pockets of the federal government.

Meanwhile, a 2017 study led by Bonn-Miller found that nearly 7 of 10 CBD products didn't contain the amount of marijuana extract promised on the label.

Nearly 43 percent of the products contained too little CBD, while about 26 percent contained too much, Bonn-Miller said.

"CBD is kind of a tricky drug because it's not very well absorbed orally," Welty explained. "Less than 20 percent of the drug is absorbed orally. If it isn't made in the right way, you may not be getting much drug into your systemic circulation."

Worse, about 1 in 5 CBD products contained the intoxicating pot chemical THC, Bonn-Miller and his colleagues found.

"That's a problem because THC can increase anxiety. It can actually make seizures worse. Those are the sorts of things you need to be careful about," Bonn-Miller said.

"If I were a consumer, purchasing it for myself or my kid, I would want to test it so that I knew what it actually had in it, because I couldn't trust what was on the label," Bonn-Miller concluded.

Potential Interactions With Other Meds

Studies on CBD also have raised concerns about possible interactions with other drugs.

For example, epilepsy studies found that "there were very clearly increases in the blood levels of some other anti-epileptic drugs when people were on CBD," Welty said.

This could mean that people taking anti-epilepsy drugs alongside CBD will need to adjust their dosage downward to avoid side effects, Welty noted.

There also is some indication that CBD might harm the liver. About 10 percent of people taking CBD in studies had increases in liver enzymes, which would indicate possible liver damage, Welty said.

"About 2 to 3 percent of individuals taking CBD actually had to discontinue because their liver enzymes went so high it was of concern to the people running the study," he said.

Welty recommends that people interested in CBD seek out a doctor who has read up on the extract and its potential uses.

"My bottom-line advice is people really need to be under the care of a health care provider who understands CBD. They need to be monitored and managed by that individual, and not just go out and buy CBD thinking it's going to be the answer," Welty said.

Source: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective

I don’t pretend to know the science behind it, I just know from some personal experience and from folks I know who use it that it does do a lot of good for some people. Indica as a sleep aid is definitely true. About 13 years ago I tried some, it made me giggly and then hungry and then sleepy. I slept for 4 hours and I have never, before or since, woke up feeling more rested and energetic. Something in it allows your brain to enter a deeper more effective sleep.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bob

I don’t pretend to know the science behind it, I just know from some personal experience and from folks I know who use it that it does do a lot of good for some people. Indica as a sleep aid is definitely true. About 13 years ago I tried some, it made me giggly and then hungry and then sleepy. I slept for 4 hours and I have never, before or since, woke up feeling more rested and energetic. Something in it allows your brain to enter a deeper more effective sleep.

Possible but was CBD even available 13 years ago? I don't think it was. If you are talking about trying pot, yes, they are all effects from smoking pot as anyone that smokes it can tell you. Small amounts of alcohol, if you are not a drinker, can produce the same effects. If it was CBD and it only happened once, I would suggest the placebo effect.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 02:48 PM

My mom tried it and couldn't tell it did anything for her pain. I think she went through two bottles of the stuff before she decided it just wasn't going to work for her.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
My mom tried it and couldn't tell it did anything for her pain. I think she went through two bottles of the stuff before she decided it just wasn't going to work for her.

My wife tried it also. She thinks it helped with her mood. I think that it was the placebo effect. I think it was around $40 an ounce or something like that. I didn't complain about the cost but I thought it was a scam. Luckily, she just stopped using it and hasn't really brought it up much. Her hippy friend talked her into how great it was and how it solved all of life's problems. My wife can be gullible at times. Especially around friends that she trust no matter how stupid they are.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:30 PM

X2. What works for one person doesn't always work for others. Try it yourself and make your own conclusions

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:34 PM

My wife tried it also. She thinks it helped with her mood. I think that it was the placebo effect. I think it was around $40 an ounce or something like that. I didn't complain about the cost but I thought it was a scam. Luckily, she just stopped using it and hasn't really brought it up much. Her hippy friend talked her into how great it was and how it solved all of life's problems. My wife can be gullible at times. Especially around friends that she trust no matter how stupid they are.

My wife tried it also. It definitely helped with her mood. grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:38 PM

If you want to change your mood slug back a 26er of tequila.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:40 PM

I will admit at first I THOUGHT that much of what my wife and I were experiencing with CBD oil could have been a "placebo effect". That was until I saw what it was doing for dogs. After using it on my own dogs...there was absolutely no doubt it was helping both of them with their issues. One has anxiety issues and hates fireworks and storms. The other dog used to have problems with reverse sneezing. Sometimes several times a day. Her reverse sneezing has stopped almost completely and her attacks have become much less severe. The other dog's anxiety is nowhere near as bad as it was before. And when it gets bad we give him a little extra oil and he calms right down within just a minute or two.

I can guarantee that my two dumb dogs ain't smart enough to know what CBD oil is supposed to do for them. laugh laugh laugh

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:45 PM

Are they eating all the Doritos in the house?

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
If you want to change your mood slug back a 26er of tequila.

Yeah, but then you're back to listening to rock music and chasing wild women.
Posted By: grumpa

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:47 PM

All this info is confusing to an old fart. So for hurting arthritic joints [knees,knuclkes,elbows] do you get liquid or cream to rub on? And does the stuff you put under your tongue helps your joints? which works quicker for joint pain?? asking for a friend.
Posted By: grumpa

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:50 PM

And which kind makes you chase wild women? More importantly, which one helps you catch wild women?

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 04:52 PM

I will admit at first I THOUGHT that much of what my wife and I were experiencing with CBD oil could have been a "placebo effect". That was until I saw what it was doing for dogs. After using it on my own dogs...there was absolutely no doubt it was helping both of them with their issues. One has anxiety issues and hates fireworks and storms. The other dog used to have problems with reverse sneezing. Sometimes several times a day. Her reverse sneezing has stopped almost completely and her attacks have become much less severe. The other dog's anxiety is nowhere near as bad as it was before. And when it gets bad we give him a little extra oil and he calms right down within just a minute or two.

I can guarantee that my two dumb dogs ain't smart enough to know what CBD oil is supposed to do for them. laugh laugh laugh[/quote]

Your dog has anxiety issues?lol.
Take him to the doggy psychiatrist instead of giving him dope.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 05:07 PM

I know of a guy who had a dog that had been hit by a car and could barely walk. After a few days of CBD it was catching frisbees.

I am actually looking into making dried beaver jerkey CBD trees for dogs. There is a huge market for pets.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 05:11 PM

BTW, I agree with the idea that CBD does not work for everybody or for every condition. But if you don't try it you don't know.

There is lots of anecdotal evidence that it helps arthritic conditions and normal muscle aches and pains. Also it helps most people sleep at night.
Did not work for my sister though. So true enough, doesn't work for everybody.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 05:27 PM

For those who may not know...

anxiety noun

anx·​i·​ety | \ aŋ-ˈzī-ə-tē
\
plural anxieties
Definition of anxiety

1a(1) : apprehensive uneasiness or nervousness usually over an impending or anticipated ill : a state of being anxious More Buddhist uprisings in South Vietnam in the spring of 1966 intensified my anxiety.

(2) medical : an abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension and fear often marked by physical signs (such as tension, sweating, and increased pulse rate), by doubt concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and by self-doubt about one's capacity to cope with it

b : mentally distressing concern or interest

c : a strong desire sometimes mixed with doubt, fear, or uneasiness

*And if you're not able to recognize these symptoms in your dog...perhaps it's you that needs to see a psychiatrist and get off of the dope?

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 05:46 PM

Off topic but: We have 2 dogs. One lives outside year round tethered with a chain and cable run. It is the most loyal, intelligent, happy, well disciplined dog you'll ever meet. The other lives in the house, on our couches and in our bed at night, is pampered, fed treats, cuddled, bathed and groomed and generally all round treated like a king. It's an idiot, undisciplined, barks constantly, prone to biting if it doesn't get it's way, plagued with anxiety issues and related bad habits and occasionally craps on the floor. And folks hint that we're inhumane for having a dog tethered in the yard.

Re: CBD Oil - 02/11/21 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by JackD
For those who may not know...

anxiety noun

anx·​i·​ety | \ aŋ-ˈzī-ə-tē
\
plural anxieties
Definition of anxiety

1a(1) : apprehensive uneasiness or nervousness usually over an impending or anticipated ill : a state of being anxious More Buddhist uprisings in South Vietnam in the spring of 1966 intensified my anxiety.

(2) medical : an abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension and fear often marked by physical signs (such as tension, sweating, and increased pulse rate), by doubt concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and by self-doubt about one's capacity to cope with it

b : mentally distressing concern or interest

c : a strong desire sometimes mixed with doubt, fear, or uneasiness

*And if you're not able to recognize these symptoms in your dog...perhaps it's you that needs to see a psychiatrist and get off of the dope?

Shoot it-get another dog.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums