Home

FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS

Posted By: keets

FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 12:25 AM

got one in the mail today for $57.40 with no explanation of what sold, I went online to my account and nothing changed there smile
Posted By: concrete man

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 12:29 AM

Got 2 checks about 55.00 each said it was a advance on private treaty sale.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 12:35 AM

FHA has been selling goods Private treaty steadily after their August sale. Normally they would pay shippers for those goods when they pay shippers for goods sold at the January 2021 sale.

The January 2021 sale was cancelled and FHA didn’t want shippers to wait until the April sale to get paid. So they are sending out checks now.

A full accounting will be provided after the April sale. In the mean time be thankful they are sending you money now rather than sitting on it for another 3 months.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
FHA has been selling goods Private treaty steadily after their August sale. Normally they would pay shippers for those goods when they pay shippers for goods sold at the January 2021 sale.

The January 2021 sale was cancelled and FHA didn’t want shippers to wait until the April sale to get paid. So they are sending out checks now.

A full accounting will be provided after the April sale. In the mean time be thankful they are sending you money now rather than sitting on it for another 3 months.

I got a check today too. Zero explanation with it! And my account isn’t updated. I’m supposed to be happy they gave me money for something I have no idea what the actually sold? For all I know, they just dumped all my fur and settled up with a minimal check. And they think I’m going to send them more?? This is nothing more than pure BS!!

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 12:54 AM

kool they sent a check.....would've been nice to see what sold, I'm good either way, they have done a good job considering the situation cool

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 01:34 AM

I would like an explanation why they are unable to update the accounts.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 02:21 AM

My check was for $182 and change. Glad to see things moving, but as has been stated would be nice to see what sold and for how much. Looks like we have to wait until April to see. I have 33 2xl-3xl semi rats and 38 xl heavies and 6 smaller rats up there. I am guessing none of the coons I had sold.

Bryce
Posted By: Dirt

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
Originally Posted by wissmiss

I got a check today too. Zero explanation with it! And my account isn’t updated. I’m supposed to be happy they gave me money for something I have no idea what the actually sold? For all I know, they just dumped all my fur and settled up with a minimal check. And they think I’m going to send them more?? This is nothing more than pure BS!!

Bingo! If they tell you price, you may not ship them more. If it was a good price, I bet they would be bragging about it.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 02:43 AM

They sold some coon, that's all I had there.
Posted By: Katcatcher

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 03:04 AM

I didn't get a check but if I had that would have been fine. I understand you want to know what they sold and you will come April when they finish with a sale. (It is like my children when we were on a road trip "When are we going to get there.")
If you don't like FHA determining what they get for your furs you should put them up for auction with a minimum bid at a local fur sale or sell them to a country fur buyer and you can determine if you want to sell or not..
This reminds me of someone buying a used car. You want to get the best / cheapest deal so buy from a private party but then you complain when the car breaks down. You can't have it both ways. I am pretty sure the FHA is getting the best price they can for your furs and that is all they can do. They don't make the markets or the fashion trends, they simply try to get furs from people that have them to people that need them. That is why you sent your furs to them.
When the markets were high it seemed everyone was delighted with the FHA checks they got but now with canceled sales and lower prices many seem to be complaining. That puzzles me but my wife says "Too many things puzzle you. Accept it that is just the way people are."
Posted By: Boco

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 03:07 AM

Excellent post Katcatcher.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 03:56 AM

I can't understand why anybody would be upset that FHA saw fit to get you your money sooner rather than later. PT sales are always accounted for AFTER the following sale. Seems to me that FHA (in these trying times) is bending over backwards to be nice to their shippers.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 04:07 AM

How many got checks from NAFTA LOL LOL I remember several on here giving me heck because I voiced my opinion on them and their ways. THE PT sales will be the end of the fur buyers. It was Nafta's normal business. No one bid and we will sell it in the back room. No bidders = less money. SEE where they are today don't you.
But Good luck. I don't have any dogs on that porch ....
Posted By: Dirt

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 04:08 AM

The guy wants to know what the going rate is at FHA, so he can decide what would be the best market option. Personally, I don't ship to a Canadian Auction hoping I hit the Jackpot. I generally know what the price will be around, before I ship. If I know the price is not probably going to be liking, then I will move on to option 2,3,and 4. Or I may not waste my time trapping.

He is not complaining about what he got, he's trying not to get burned in the future. Now he has to wait till April 9-13 to figure out what to do with his fur before the April 17 LRD. Option 2,3,4 may not be an option April 9-13.
Posted By: Boco

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 04:13 AM

If you dont know what to do with your fur by now you aint been paying attention.
Nobodys going to rip him off by shipping to FHA-he will get the market price.
Personally for me,the market price right now for raw fur is unacceptable for most straight run fur.I will ship what is still selling at acceptable prices and sell the rest outside the raw fur market.

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 12:43 PM

If they wrote a check, they know what sold. What’s so hard about updating the account? The update happens the same day when there’s an auction. Anyone who doesn’t understand why that upsets the account holder apparently doesn’t run their trapping like a business.

The best analogy I can think of is if you own a store. You come in one day to find a $100 bill next the cash register with a note that says thanks, I’ll let you know what I took next time I stop in! In the meantime, guess as to whether or not you made a profit.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
How many got checks from NAFTA ....

I did............. and they updated my account. Seems like a company still in business could as well.
Posted By: Squash

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 01:27 PM

Talked with a local fur buyer last week. He had just gotten off the phone with Mr. Downey of FHA, Downey told him wild mink were selling for $.85/ pelt.. if this is true, very troubling.
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
How many got checks from NAFTA ....

I did............. and they updated my account. Seems like a company still in business could as well.

I got mine too, for the last fur i had there. Just found out yesterday that the check did indeed clear. But the bank and i were a little nervous for a couple weeks. Lol

I feel that fha should be able to update accounts even from home. I honestly do not feel that that is an unreasonable request. I think it is great they sold fur as long as it was sold for what it was valued at. Especially the fur that is higher demand like they say.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 01:32 PM

Well you just buy as many as you can for .10
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Squash
Talked with a local fur buyer last week. He had just gotten off the phone with Mr. Downey of FHA, Downey told him wild mink were selling for $.85/ pelt.. if this is true, very troubling.

I guess I am lucky, PT sales I averaged almost $2 on mink!!

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/29/21 02:09 PM

I called and the lady at FHA gave me a breakdown on what sold and what average,

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ratbrain

AND..............
Posted By: otterc

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 12:56 PM

Too many whiners out there! I have sold fur to country buyers, association sales, and both auction houses. I have done well in all of them. Of course, some years are better than others. For several years I sent to North Bay then they had some issues. Next was NAFA, then they had issues. Now Fur Harvesters (correct me if I am wrong) which is the reorganized North Bay. I ship beaver, muskrats, raccoons, coyotes, and red fox. I know they will do the best they can to get as much money as they can for my quality put up fur. Over the years I have learned to identify junk and do not put it up. It only hurts the market. I think they have done the best they can through this pandemic and I am more than happy with their efforts thus far. Yes, I did just get a check and in time I am sure my account will be updated. It did not stop me from just shipping them a pickup load of fur.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 01:04 PM

OK are you all just getting a check now? My envelope was post marked on the 10th of Dec. and I got it Thursday. I talked to Greg and he said the sold small coon and low grades only and coyotes and muskrats. I now hear from a buyer I know that they have sold all the coon. If this is true I will never trap another one. LLL
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
OK are you all just getting a check now? My envelope was post marked on the 10th of Dec. and I got it Thursday. I talked to Greg and he said the sold small coon and low grades only and coyotes and muskrats. I now hear from a buyer I know that they have sold all the coon. If this is true I will never trap another one. LLL

Could you explain a little further, Larry? I'm not understanding what you mean.

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by keets
Originally Posted by ratbrain

AND..............

Coyote was again the better fur@ $30 ave. Raccoon was around $5-$6 ave. Muskrat was $3.50 ave. Beaver I do not remember and mink was $2.00 ave.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by LLtrapper

Could you explain a little further, Larry? I'm not understanding what you mean.

The check I got would equal about .50 a coon if true! I hope that is not the case but things sure do not seem right. I have never got a check without an invoice telling me what I had sold and how much it sold for. Been doing this for a while now. LLL

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 02:11 PM

And the raccoon average is NOT a "true" market average , I only sold 9.

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 02:13 PM

Larry My envelope was postmarked the 10th of December also.
Posted By: Sanford Otte

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 02:23 PM

Thumbs up!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: FUR HARVESTERS CHECKS - 01/30/21 02:27 PM

Could you explain a little further, Larry? I'm not understanding what you mean. [/quote]

The check I got would equal about .50 a coon if true! I hope that is not the case but things sure do not seem right. I have never got a check without an invoice telling me what I had sold and how much it sold for. Been doing this for a while now. LLL[/quote]

I see where you're coming from now. Thanks for the explanation!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums