Home

Found a body

Posted By: concrete man

Found a body - 01/28/21 07:58 PM

Was checking traps this morning and we had a snow yesterday afternoon and evening got in the teens last night but not really cold . so I'm driving along a gravel road and went over a hill and seen pants shirt ect them on side of road farther a man naked laying there dead . I call Law they said probably hypothermia . it sure was creepy.
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:05 PM

Oh man that’s a bad deal
Posted By: hippie

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:06 PM

Bad deal all around.

Some drug makes people do that I've heard.
Posted By: Ethan1234

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:06 PM

Somebody probably killed him
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:10 PM

Wow, I'd hate to find that. I won't even look in sealed buckets or trashbags in the ditch, I don't wanna know!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:10 PM

Some people strip off their clothes while they are dying from hypothermia.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

This
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:20 PM

What makes them do that? Do they feel hot? I know you stop shivering when you get cold enough.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:21 PM

Found a dead person in a car that was missing for 2 months back in the 90's...That stuff stays with you.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:28 PM

There was a guy who own a 40 acre piece of woods about 2 miles from my house. I trapped some coon and beaver out of there for him. One night I got a call from his daughter who lived in the Twin Cities that she hadn't been able to reach him for several days. This was around 10:00PM. I was getting ready to go to bed. Could I check to see if he was home? My first thought was, could he have been in the woods and got hurt? So, decided to check there first since his house was 20 miles away.

He had a road that wound around a few corners in the woods. As I rounded the last curve, there sat his pickup. I thought, this doesn't look good. I called out his name several times with no response. I grabbed my flashlight, walked around his truck and there he was laying, his shot gun on the ground along side of him. He left a note in the truck. He was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He had lost his wife several years prior to ovarian cancer.

The worst part of all was having to call his daughter. The deputy sheriff on scene offered to call, but I said I could do it. She wasn't surprised; he had been really despondent the last few times she spoke to him and she was worried about him.
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:55 PM

I found a guy that got his head cut off and was burn in the natural forest back in the 90’s. Cops said it looked like a drug deal gone bad. After they ID the body he was a known drug dealer. He was 2 miles from a road.

My friend and I was fishing on Mississippi River and found a guy in a log jam. I don’t think they ever I’d that guy.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:57 PM

Anything in his wallet?
Posted By: Deer Lane

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:58 PM

One word, drugs!

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 08:59 PM

I hear bodies are still turning up here and there from the Katrina flood.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:04 PM

Old hoarder the house had trails through it to walk, unopened food/milk/can goods/ papers on the floors knee deep with 3 dogs dies in front of a heated fan. Good thing he was wearing a windbreaker and jeans I had to go home and change my outfit the decomp odor was penatrating. sick
Posted By: btomlin

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:19 PM

A friend of mine and I were driving down a gravel road one morning heading out to do some bird hunting. I just happen to look out the window and there was a body in the road ditch. We stopped and had a long conversation about backing up. My buddy didn't want to. We finally got backed up and it was a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) dressed up mannequin. What a relief, but my adrenaline was pumping!

I later found out why my buddy didn't want to back up. He had been fishing on the Wapsi river in Iowa before I'd met him. He had taken his boat upstream to fish, but once to the area, he found dive teams, search boats, etc that were searching the river for someone. He went back downstream to fish and stay out of their way. He said the 1st place he pulled up to fish, there was a dead naked lady staring up at him from the brush. He said he'd never forgot it. He was really shaken just telling me about it.
Posted By: Poorcoon

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:20 PM

Pretty sure meth does that too. A young couple I've heard, at a reservation once got stuck in the snow decided to walk and got hot. Stripped off their clothes and froze to death
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Old hoarder the house had trails through it to walk, unopened food/milk/can goods/ papers on the floors knee deep with 3 dogs dies in front of a heated fan. Good thing he was wearing a windbreaker and jeans I had to go home and change my outfit the decomp odor was penatrating. sick

when the skunk man complains of odor you know it was bad.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

when the skunk man complains of odor you know it was bad.

I was the only one not complaining it was what it was, no complaining would change that! Just getter done.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:47 PM

was pulling nets on the cumberland river one morning with another fella. Water had been a little high with lots of junk floating. As we were pulling a net something kept hitting the boat. I went to the side to move it away and there was a body staring at me. I about ran out of the boat. We towed her to the side of the river and tied her up to some bushes. The sheriffs office was right off the river so we went there to report it. They and the local mortician met us back at the boat. Gave us a body bag and told us to be careful as the body might come apart from being in the water so long. My buddy got back out of the boat and told them they could go fetch her. I went along to show them where she was. Not something I ever wanted to see again. Sadly it wasn't the last time I have had to deal with dead bodies.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:52 PM

A handful of coffee grounds in a frying pan on the stove will help kill the odor in a home. I found a couple that had crashed and dies in a plane crash 10 days prior in July in Idaho. There was no amount of coffee that would help with that.
Posted By: Fireplug

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 09:59 PM

Ever have to do the dead-body two step? In my former life ( a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), I had to investigate quite a few dead bodies/decomps where the flies and creepy crawlies were so bad that you took 2 steps and stomped your feet to shake the bugs off your pants.

Never fun getting the call of a "possible " dead body. Slather the Vicks vapor rub under your nose and get ready to go shower afterwards.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 10:14 PM

I found a girl that had been missing for about a month in a drift pile in the Missouri River. I looked over in the drift and somthing looked dead then I realized it had bedazzled back pockets and a flannel shirt . It was at a creek mouth where three counties came together . I had to give a statement to all three sheriffs departments and the state highway patrol eaven thou they new she drowned because several people had watched her get washed away . It was a long day and way beyond my threshold for dealing with LE Some of them cant help but ask routine questions in an accusatory manner .
Posted By: gcs

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 10:37 PM

I was there at the flight 800 recovery, Coast Guard dock piled high with bodies, more in the boat house as a temporary morgue, had to go look for any other floating "parts" and bag them...
Talk about an experience.

And if your wondering, everybody that gets sucked out of a plane at altitude come down naked, laced up shoes, belts, neck ties, all gone. Kind of amazing.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 10:43 PM

Spooky deal
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 10:45 PM

Mother in laws cooking has done a many in
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 11:01 PM

Used to be a volunteer fireman. Been in on several. Had one hit by train parts for about 1/2 mile. Another crawling down a highway. Bad.
What super sucks is when you know or are related to the dead person. Had one of those to. That one sticks with a guy.
Posted By: Fireplug

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by yoteguts
Used to be a volunteer fireman. Been in on several. Had one hit by train parts for about 1/2 mile. Another crawling down a highway. Bad.
What super sucks is when you know or are related to the dead person. Had one of those to. That one sticks with a guy.

Amen. Had a fatal car crash where the deceased was a 19 year old that I held when she was a week old. Family friends since I was about 8 or 9. That was the toughest death notification that I ever had to make.
Posted By: MINKCRAZY

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by yoteguts

I could try volunteering to fight fires, but I couldn’t deal with going to accidents and seeing dead folks. Especially if it involved children. God bless those that do. Thankful for em, that’s just not for me.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 11:21 PM

Never had to do notifications. Don’t know if I have the stones for that. I ain’t afraid of much but that scares me.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Found a body - 01/28/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Anything in his wallet?

SMDH- there is one in every crowd LOL
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 01:05 AM

32 years in policing, 22 as a front line supervisor. Seen it all a hundred times over. As the Sarg you attend every one. But I'd rather deal with 500 more then notify another parent of the tragic death of their kid.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by MChewk
Mother in laws cooking has done a many in

Lol, That's a good'un! grin

Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 01:25 AM

Not a death but a a good friend of mine was thrown trough the front window of his work truck in an accident the fire department was called in and his dad responded to the call not knowing it was him, his dad said that was a rough one, but like I said fortunately he is still a live and ok.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 01:31 AM

Another member on here and I were crappie fishing one spring on the lake where I live. As I was motoring to a new spot I noticed something odd sticking out of the water. I cruised up to it and saw that it was the heel of a chest wader size 12. I thought maybe the waders had fallen off one of the boats that installs docks and lifts so I pulled on them to get them out of the water. Seemed awfully heavy and then the body that was in them emerged. It was so stiff that I just hooked one leg over my gunnel and trolled up to the nearest dock and my friend called law enforcement. It was apparent that he had been putting in his dock since his stuff was on the dock and the end section was not completely in.
We were afraid that his family was in the house there and I really did not want to confront them with their loved one hanging over the side of my boat by one leg.
Turned out he was 60 years old and lived alone and must have had some medical issue that put him under the water. The autopsy ruled that he had drowned however but I don't know how he could have without something like a stroke to put him there since the water by the dock was about 3 feet deep with a solid bottom.
The first one to respond was a conservation officer and the first thing he saw was a body hanging on my boat and when he walked to the end of the dock with me behind him the dock collapsed and I grabbed him around the waist to keep him from falling in. Wow, you should have felt him react to that since my arms were around him right where he was wearing his holstered gun. Talk about tense!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 01:47 AM

I was on the vol. fire dept when I was in H.S. - when I was a junior the set of twins in our class got into a car wreck and one of them died. That was one of the hardest things that I had to witness. She sat right in front of me in my Algebra class -- I failed that term. By the way there were 34 kids in my graduating class.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 02:18 AM

Thankful I've never had anything like that happen to me. Years ago my father ran over three boys sleeping on the railroad tracks. He was the conductor on the train. They came around a bend at night and saw them on the tracks but you can't stop a train at will. There was early speculation the boys had been placed there dead but it turned out they were very much alive at the time they were hit. Shook him up pretty good.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by MnMan
Another member on here and I were crappie fishing one spring on the lake where I live. As I was motoring to a new spot I noticed something odd sticking out of the water. I cruised up to it and saw that it was the heel of a chest wader size 12. I thought maybe the waders had fallen off one of the boats that installs docks and lifts so I pulled on them to get them out of the water. Seemed awfully heavy and then the body that was in them emerged. It was so stiff that I just hooked one leg over my gunnel and trolled up to the nearest dock and my friend called law enforcement. It was apparent that he had been putting in his dock since his stuff was on the dock and the end section was not completely in.
We were afraid that his family was in the house there and I really did not want to confront them with their loved one hanging over the side of my boat by one leg.
Turned out he was 60 years old and lived alone and must have had some medical issue that put him under the water. The autopsy ruled that he had drowned however but I don't know how he could have without something like a stroke to put him there since the water by the dock was about 3 feet deep with a solid bottom.
The first one to respond was a conservation officer and the first thing he saw was a body hanging on my boat and when he walked to the end of the dock with me behind him the dock collapsed and I grabbed him around the waist to keep him from falling in. Wow, you should have felt him react to that since my arms were around him right where he was wearing his holstered gun. Talk about tense!

Thats Crazy MnMan
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 02:30 AM

diabetes can make you strip also. found my first father in law several times by following the trail of clothes, glasses, teeth.

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 03:03 AM

You mean all those girls at the Sweetwater have diabetes?
Geeze they looked pretty healthy to me.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fireplug

Ever have to do the dead-body two step? In my former life ( a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), I had to investigate quite a few dead bodies/decomps where the flies and creepy crawlies were so bad that you took 2 steps and stomped your feet to shake the bugs off your pants.

Never fun getting the call of a "possible " dead body. Slather the Vicks vapor rub under your nose and get ready to go shower afterwards.

Had a couple of family members who were firefighters. One of them told us they went on several calls where someone hadn't seen their elderly neighbor for a few days... Or the postman noticed the mail piling up... He said as soon as you broke the door open, you knew.

His first step after death was verified was to go in the kitchen and find an aluminum pie pan and put sugar in it and set it on the stove and turn the burner on... He said burning sugar masked the smell enough to make it tolerable to stay in the house.

That always stuck in my head... Hopefully I never have to use that info.

Mike
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 03:24 AM

You mean all those girls at the Sweetwater have diabetes?
Geeze they looked pretty healthy to me.

laugh

Chris
Posted By: TRAPDOC57

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 03:30 AM

Found a dead guy checking coyote traps with my brother. He shot himself with a shotgun right where we parked everyday. I hit my brakes so hard when I saw him my jimmy locked up and I almost ran his body over. We called 911 and I checked the traps later that day. Had to see the blood spot until I pulled my traps. Was the first coyote trapping I ever did and I caught 2 there. We saw him driving by several mornings coming from work I believe. Life is never that bad. My mom worked with his sister at the time. I think he knew we would find him. Nor that he was thinking about that.
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: Found a body - 01/29/21 03:38 AM

It's called Paradoxical Undressing. Often seen in lethal hypothermia.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums