Home

Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices

Posted By: Lazarus

Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 05:12 PM

I have no interest in talking politics, but if Russia and its economy improve (particularly its oil prices), we could see a dramatic increase in demand for fur (at least certain items). With ranch mink down so dramatically, these two factors could signal the beginning of the return of better fur prices.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/biden-energy-executive-orders-russia-national-security
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 05:15 PM

I'd rather have cheap gas prices.

Re: Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I'd rather have cheap gas prices.

I hear you. I'm sure I'd spend more money on higher fuel over the entire 12 month period, than I would make in the 3-4 months of trapping season. But I can't control either fur prices or fuel prices . . . all I can do is see where they are going.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 05:18 PM

I hear you Tracy, trying to see a silver lining.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 05:19 PM

Anyone know how much fur was sold in India before the ban? Or what kind of demand they'll likely have for fur?

At this point, I'd take some highly polished bronze lining. :-)
Posted By: cfowler

Be nice if prices improved. Seems like when the coon market was tanking, there was a lot of talk about sanctions we have against Russia being a major cause, along with oil prices.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 05:27 PM

Sanctions probably aren't helping but the Russian ruble has been in the tank pretty .inch since the Chinese due bust. Last I looked, the dollar is 3x the cost to the Ruble was during that time.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Could Signal Improvement For Fur Prices - 01/28/21 06:16 PM

After U.S.A. Bans leg hold traps I am sure it will
© 2024 Trapperman Forums