Home

Anyone use GunBroker?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 11:00 AM

Just made an account,mainly just after reloading stuff and parts. Mabye H&R frames but that's about it. Any tips or things to watch out for ? And yes I know I have to have fire arms sent through a FFL smile
Posted By: Dead Coyote

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 11:40 AM

I have bought numerous weapons through them and have had no problems. Do your research and don’t over pay for something that other seller’s have also. It pays to wait things out sometimes. And above all, don’t consume alcohol while bidding on items. I speak from experience!
Posted By: Remington700

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 11:59 AM

It’s kind of like a gun eBay. I have had good luck purchasing in the past. Look at reviews, etc and make sure the sellers legit.
Posted By: Bigbuck

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 12:02 PM

Watch out for some of the sellers that hike up the shipping charges. Just read what they are charging and if they don't have it posted then ask what they charge
Posted By: keystone

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 12:10 PM

I’ve bought from gunbroker many times, make sure they have an A+ rating and read all the fine print, i’ve never bee burned on there. Check out the primers while you’re on there. Good Lord primers have surpassed the value of gold and people are buying them all day long. Primers used to be 1cent each!!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 12:11 PM

Second on the shipping costs. I have 20+ good transactions on GB. At lot of overpriced ammo on there is from well known companies we have dealt with and know. They take ammo off their main sites to sell on GB for inflated "bid prices" During normal conditions some deals can be had there.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Coyote
And above all, don’t consume alcohol while bidding on items. I speak from experience!

Sure, NOW you share that advice! Anyone need a used Marlin 22 single shot? I will sell it for exactly what I gave for it............$964
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 01:09 PM

Bought 2 guns from there last year, new in the box, and paid less than I would have at my nearby retailers even with shipping and FFL fees.

I'm considering selling my '73 870 Wingmaster on there, but a little hesitant because I only have a couple transactions and figure folks would shy away from a new buyer.
Posted By: Rye

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 01:24 PM

in terms of reloading supplies, it's nothing but gouging on there right now. 350$ for a box of small pistol primers. Thats 10x the actual cost of a box. I'm all for supply and demand - but with mark ups like that leads me to believe something more nefarious is going on.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
And above all, don’t consume alcohol while bidding on items. I speak from experience!

Sure, NOW you share that advice! Anyone need a used Marlin 22 single shot? I will sell it for exactly what I gave for it............$964

Funny stuff
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 01:33 PM

Watch for shipping and check you’re FFL fees. Buds is a good store. I don’t buy from the guys that put a CC fee either unless I’m going to send them a check.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 01:55 PM

I've bought off of GB twice, two revolvers.

Make sure if sending a Money order its A postal Money order Guaranteed.

I sent a Valid MOrder bought at my bank. Seller received it but could not get it cashed. I had to but and re mail a postal money order.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 02:25 PM

Bought and sold a lot of “AR14” stuff as Joe would say, like said watch the ratings but most deals are no issues.
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 05:35 PM

I use gunbroker, it is an awesome site. All transaction are good, never ran into any trouble with doing business on there. Just looking at a few guns for a birthday gift for mother.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbuck
Watch out for some of the sellers that hike up the shipping charges. Just read what they are charging and if they don't have it posted then ask what they charge

Especially if the price looks low, make sure there not gouging you on the shipping
Posted By: MJM

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 09:05 PM

I have bought a fair amount of stuff off there, just nothing recently with the prices. I have bought guns, ammo, and gun parts. I once bought a bunch of 22 mag ammo that was miss marked and the guy would not honor it. It was 10 cents a box, for up to 10 boxes, buy it now. I knew t was a mistake when I ordered it. He gave me a refund and said no way. Other than that everything has always been 100%. For a while you could get some pretty good deals on stuff if you watched and were patient. There are more people buying on there now, since they can not find anything down town.

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/22/21 09:27 PM

For those that have bought stuff, would you buy from a seller with 0 feedback? I've bought a couple guns on there last year, but now I'm weighing my options on where to sell my 870 and get top dollar for it. I could probably have my FFL list it for me through his account, but he'll want a cut I'm sure. I figure some buyers will be scared off by a seller with no feedback.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 01:25 AM

tiguy just put a 3x5 on a bulletin board. Its not like a 870 is a high dollar gun.

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
tiguy just put a 3x5 on a bulletin board. Its not like a 870 is a high dollar gun.

There's one on there now exactly like mine thats at $800 with 40 bids.
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 01:42 AM

if they are just starting then I might buy from them, if they have more than a dozen or so sells and no feedback with quite a bit of time on there then maybe I would be weary of buying. It probably is hard for sellers to sell at first when first starting out, but after a few dealings they will begin to get a reputation and will be a little easier to buy from
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by tlguy
For those that have bought stuff, would you buy from a seller with 0 feedback? I've bought a couple guns on there last year, but now I'm weighing my options on where to sell my 870 and get top dollar for it. I could probably have my FFL list it for me through his account, but he'll want a cut I'm sure. I figure some buyers will be scared off by a seller with no feedback.

I have bought from 0 feedback sellers, just figured it was an individual selling something. Like That Fool said, would be more worried about someone who sells several things with no feedback. Only trouble I ever had on G-broker was with a company that sells a lot of stuff and had good feedback. I bought an upper, three weeks later it had not shipped yet. I called the company and they said it would be in that week and then they would ship it. Turns out they was selling stuff that they didn't have on hand even though it showed a quantity of them. They agreed to cancel the order and I found the exact same upper from another company that had it on hand. I will not purchase anything from them again.

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 02:51 AM

Good point about having multiple sales and no feedback. I just checked and I must have gotten feedback from one of the sellers last year, I'm at 1 with an A+ rating!
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 04:08 AM

Have bought on Gunbroker for 10 years now I only buy when a seller provides lots of pictures and gives a prompt and clear answer to a question i may have only grump i have is the 15 minute rule and thats been lately on 2 auctions other then that been good bought guns from all over the lower 48 that i'd never would have seen here in the cedar swamp
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 05:55 AM

when I bought my ar last year I found it on there . Looked up the seller, elk county arms and ammo, called them to make sure they were legit. I talked to a nice lady and she said i could buy directly from them and get it cheaper and no credit card fees so I ordered from them direct. That's my only experience with them other than looking at how ridiculous the ammo is selling on there, Goodluck.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 05:59 AM

How's the archiving going wolfdog?
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 06:26 AM

I've only ever made one purchase from Gun Broker and that's because the seller was only an hour away in Pottstown so I was able to drive there and settle the deal in person without shipping or using a third party FFL.

I keep an eye on Gun Broker if I am looking for a vintage or hard to find gun, especially since gun shows aren't what they used to be. But for newer guns, until you factor in shipping and FFL costs, I've generally found that I'm better off finding the gun somewhere I can purchase within driving distance.

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 09:44 AM

Yeah I noticed some good deals on barrels and what not only to have the shipping price be $45 like no way amigo

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rye
in terms of reloading supplies, it's nothing but gouging on there right now. 350$ for a box of small pistol primers. Thats 10x the actual cost of a box. I'm all for supply and demand - but with mark ups like that leads me to believe something more nefarious is going on.

Yeah I noticed that but on the bright said generally a decent selection of brass for sale at decent prices. Though the price for 7.62x39 brass is still a bit much to me at times...

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 09:49 AM

I have bought numerous weapons through them and have had no problems. Do your research and don’t over pay for something that other seller’s have also. It pays to wait things out sometimes. And above all, don’t consume alcohol while bidding on items. I speak from experience!

Me ? Drink and Bid ?! Never ! (Stares at some of my latest ebay bid winnings and a half empty bottle of kraken laugh

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
How's the archiving going wolfdog?

Man I really need to get back on it. Been slacking honestly lol tired
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 12:22 PM

Im in the same situation as a few of you. With the seller's market right now, im trying to unload an 870 12ga that never gets any use in my household. I dont sell guns normally so would rather just get a friend to sell on GB. Have yet to find anyone with an A+ that cares to go through the hassel for a little commission. Plan to buy a 20ga turkey gun for the wife and kid.
Posted By: greggsinthehouse

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/23/21 05:27 PM

Love that site. Got some good deals on it if you are patient and keep an eye out 4 em.

Ppl got $. We ain't hurting that bad. Look at the prices on gunbroker. Mind blowing
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/24/21 12:29 AM

^^^^^^^
What he said. If the shipping is not listed, do NOT bid until the seller responds with a shipping request. Yes, most people are honest and fair, but some guys don't list the shipping on purpose to try to make more from the sale.

Also, don't get caught up in the auction euphoria, have a limit and walk away if it exceeds your limit. "Just one more" is the response of addictions of all types.
Posted By: Katcatcher

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/24/21 02:16 AM

I was a "part time" gunsmith for many years and I have bought guns for myself and other off of Gun Trader and I have never had a bad experience. Well I take that back, I bought two brand new Ruger Americans that didn't shoot as well right out of the box as I would have liked but I can't blame that on Gun Broker. LOL
I find it puzzling that some do not understand why the dealers change more for you wanting to use your credit card. The dealer has to pay the Visa, Mastercard, et al companies a percentage to use their cards. They have their items marked at what cash they want for them. It is like I don't want to pay someone else's State tax so I would let you know up front that you have to pay your own State tax if applicable. We don't all live in Montana. LOL
Pete .
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Anyone use GunBroker? - 01/24/21 02:56 AM

Now gunbroker is collecting tax for the sellers
© 2024 Trapperman Forums