Home

For all you covid naysayers !

Posted By: jbyrd63

For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 02:20 PM

I didn't put this in the vaccine thread just so some that had read that one may not read this.
First mouth all you want about it being a hoax !! YOUR WRONG !!
I had to get permission to post the events to follow. My wife is a teacher at a local college. The young guy in her dept that his office is next door to hers contracted covid in early Oct. He was 39 at the time. At first he had the basic symptoms. Cough fever aches. In 10 days he was in the ICU. In 5 days he was on a ventilator. Haven't gotten any news about him since last Thursday but the out look is grim. Been in a coma for almost 45 days!!!
So his parents haven't seen him since Oct 3. They haven't spoken to him since Oct 8. He turned 40 in November .
Ok little back ground He may have been carrying around 15 extra lbs. But how many on here aren't ? Before you stick out your chest and mouth off "I won't" "IT ain't real" stop and think or look for a face to put with this disease. All I ask.
I bit my lip some but not now that I am allowed to post his story.
This has really upset my wife as pre covid every morning she went to work he would say hello out his door as she walked by. The few times she goes in (restrictions) now there is just a sign on the door that says" Not available"

Think on this tragic events and curb your brashness , or don't people see your true character in the end !!

Jbyrd63

If you see fit please pray for this young man and his family ..
Or just dismiss this as a hoax God knows the truth ...............................................................
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 02:49 PM

Hoping the best for him. This virus is serious.
Posted By: adam m

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 02:50 PM

Praying.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 02:56 PM

Nobody ever said it was a hoax. The hysteria around it is the hoax. From all reports, the vaccine is bit of a hoax as if doesn't stop you from getting infected, just prevents symptoms. Maybe that means you wouldn't be able to transmit it sans symptoms. If that is true then why are quarantining asymptomatic people?

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Nobody ever said it was a hoax. The hysteria around it is the hoax. From all reports, the vaccine is bit of a hoax as if doesn't stop you from getting infected, just prevents symptoms. Maybe that means you wouldn't be able to transmit it sans symptoms. If that is true then why are quarantining asymptomatic people?

Don't have to look far on this board to see HUNDREDS of post declaring it a hoax ........
Posted By: yukon254

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:04 PM

Sorry to hear about that young man and I will for sure pray for him. I dont think anyone thinks that the virus isnt hitting some hard, because it is. What most are questioning is the real numbers and the way our governments are handling it. The facts are that the recovery rates are extremely high, and younger people like your wife's friend having such severe complications are very rare.

Also something to think about is that there are a lot of other co-morbidities besides being overweight. Asthma and drug use are just two. Lots and lots of data out there now that points to low vitamin D being a huge factor in how our bodies fight covid. People who work indoors will usually have lower levels of vitamin D.

Questions I would be screaming from the rooftops if that was my friend is what treatments did that young man receive ?? Did his doctors try ivermectin or HCQ ? Chances are they didnt, and in my opinion thats criminal. There is just to many doctors out there now saying those drugs are working miracles with covid patients.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:11 PM

Pretty sure KY is one of the states that don't allow the chloroquine treatments unless that's changed recently.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:13 PM

Yes Yukon the politicians are inflating the numbers since the FEDS agreed to reimburse them. BUT even with co morbidities most folks would still be alive that are dead (not all) if china hadn't sent us this bug...
PLUS there are still tons of people that think this is all made up . (their words not mine)
Posted By: Northof50

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:19 PM

jbyrd63 the burden of this must be great.

yukon254 you should stop spreading miss information about this virus.
Posted By: nate

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:20 PM

Did they treat the fellow with ivermectin? That's part of the problem they aren't treating people. Some doctors say they've had 100 percent cure rate. I'll pray for the boy and all his loved ones.
But the truth is the big guys don't want a cure they want a vaccine.
Posted By: Bob

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:27 PM

I’m sorry to hear this. I recently lost a family member to covid, and his wife has it too and it’s not looking good.

We can hope the deniers are right, but the evidence I’ve seen says otherwise.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:28 PM

Nate How would I know how they treated him. Unless your the President they wisp you away into a room never to be seen again unless it is a healthcare worker.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50

Thank you North of 50 !! It has really impacted my wife .

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:35 PM

What is the misinformation you are referring too?? I havent said anything that thousands of healthcare workers around the world are saying and have been for months. Including doctors right here in Canada. You might not like what they are saying, but that doesnt mean they are wrong.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GrAmcLjZymKa/
Posted By: white17

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:37 PM

I have a friend who is a doctor in Cameroon. She was born in Nigeria. She is 72 years old. She has taken HCQ most of her life, with the exception of the years she spent here in school. She now has the virus and it is doubtful that she will survive.

But, this illustrates the problem with anecdotal evidence. I know her. you know someone else. We both have stories. But there are no control groups, or placebos, or regimented procedures involved.Just our individual stories.

Yes the drug has a long history and lots of folks have taken it. It may very well be safe for most people. But we don't have those real numbers derived in a controlled fashion.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:39 PM

The issue is they aren’t treating anyone, they are sending them home and telling them to come back if you get worse. If they did that with any other virus/disease you’d end up with the same result. I’ve seen the same videos and read the same articles that Jbryd63 is referring to. Why not treat people when they first test positive or show the symptoms? Herein the hoax...
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:44 PM

quote=yukon254]

What is the misinformation you are referring too?? I havent said anything that thousands of healthcare workers around the world are saying and have been for months. Including doctors right here in Canada. You might not like what they are saying, but that doesnt mean they are wrong.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GrAmcLjZymKa/[/quote]

Oh for Pete's sakes!

BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material. Wikipedia

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:45 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

masks and social distancing having and impact on flu spread
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:46 PM

Agree with wanna be............no stories of anyone being treated. Sit at home till it's so bad your on a ventilator!

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:49 PM

Bow hunter apparently the measures that people are doing plus the increase in flu vaccines has lowered the flu cases this season so far. But remember the flu hits in Jan and Feb harder than Nov and Dec.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:51 PM

I'm not sure jbyrd but there lays some of the trouble. I just lost my mother last year due to malpractice and every time I went to see her bout made me sick. My skinning she's was as clean as the hospital can't imagine what 6hey look like now. I'm praying for this country.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
J byrd, I am sorry for your burden.

Let me ask you this. Please be honest.

How many false positives and false covid labeling do you personally know of? Does your wife know of? Do your friends tell you about? How many have you read on here?

I do believe covid exists. I had it. Could it kill people, yes. My concern that is best worded from the Alberta doctor is, how many died from covid and how many died with covid? Serious questions.

Several, But unfortunately several more that have died from covid . BUT one more thing to think about . If people are sick and they die after contracting covid didn't covid push them over the edge.

Play this scenario Guy finds out he has cancer . He goes home and kills himself . Is he labeled as a cancer death or suicide ????

LOL think about that one !!!
Posted By: white17

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

masks and social distancing having and impact on flu spread

Do me a favor byrd.

Go to this link and scroll down to the graph with all the different colored lines.

Now look at the line with the red triangles on it. That is the influenza rate for this current season. Lowest rate historically on this graph. Earliest year is 09-10.

With all of the money involved in covid reimbursement, my radar is up on this. To me, it doesn't pass the smell test.

Thanks cooner.

There certainly is a lot of money involved in this. There would be even more money at risk if we did nothing.

Regardless, even at the increased rates of reimbursement, the hospitals are still losing money. Can you imagine how much LESS treatment there would be if hospitals went out of business ?

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:04 PM

Oh for Pete's sakes!

BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material. Wikipedia

And wiki is what?? What about the thousands of doctors who have signed the barrington declaration?? Are they crazy too?? What about the doctors in Alberta who sent letters to Kenny and did the recent interviews?? Are they crazy too??

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:05 PM

Oh I know it goes both ways. But if a diabetic or someone that has high blood pressure but is contributing to society everyday until they get sick and die people must stop blaming the victim Their life style or eating habits wouldn't have killed them when they died if covid hadn't come along.. That's all i'm saying. Heck friend of ours sister's husband was in stage 4 lung cancer. Got covid died and hospital put on death certificate covid. They had a cancer policy, ins company at first denied payout.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:14 PM

They didn't happen until now LOL. Lock down curtailed that. But officials handled this thing in reverse. From start should have slowed some things. Let patients battle this in summer and warm temps. Now it's winter and certain businesses can't remain open due to weather.
But I knew it wouldn't take long for the "but I know this" "I hear this" "what about this" to be posted . Just wanted to pass along an ACTUAL event that I lived and saw. NOT something copied and pasted from a dr in bum dum Egypt and his or her opinion or should haves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:20 PM

They definitely label it a covid death if you die in a car wreck and had covid. Everyone will have had this by the time it's over.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:27 PM

" BUT even with co morbidities most folks would still be alive that are dead (not all) if china hadn't sent us this bug..."

Sorry but I don't believe this at all. Think of all the nursing home deaths. Reality is that most of those were nearing the end of their natural life anyway.

As far as seeming healthy people dying I have a theory that a lot of those had an undiagnosed condition. How many people have you heard of that had diabetes and never knew it until they had kidney or eye problems? I guess someone could just not have a good immune system against this virus but those cases are very rare.

Just the record I knew personally two people that died from covid complications. One elderly and one in early fifties. Also my brother was hospitalized from it but recovered.
Posted By: Team V

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 04:58 PM

My input . My 2 daughters had it both in 20 my 2 brothers in lower 48 states are sitting on couch with it right now doing good . 6 of my daughters friends got it all at same time all In 20s my other daughter has friend sitting at home with it right now . And it just went through my friends house 7 of them ages 18 to 80 all good and over it . I Friend in Lower 48 lost his father and His aunt had stroke from it but the all had heart problems big time . Plus I have a few friends in town that had it and got over it with little problem. All Above tested positive . I am 49 with high blood pressure Probably going to die if I get it so make your peace with god and move on . I have my life insurance and will done my biggest fear is the Covid testing truck will slide through a intersection and kill me and they will list me as COVID death

If every body would stop getting tested for it and just stay home if your sick the numbers will drop and the big scary numbers will disappear and everyone will loose Interest . I don’t remember them ever having testing stations for the flu .

I think I already had it in March was sick with cough and fatigue and lost my Taste and smell for a week and had a cough for a month and blood pressure went crazy for awhile But never got tested.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
They definitely label it a covid death if you die in a car wreck and had covid. Everyone will have had this by the time it's over.

YOU KNOW THIS FOR SURE ? YOU witnessed it? Not hear say ?

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 05:04 PM

Sorry but I don't believe this at all. Think of all the nursing home deaths. Reality is that most of those were nearing the end of their natural life anyway.

So these people don't count ? YOU are one I am describing so instead of nursing homes just shoot them instead . Or with ammo shortage throw them off a ship save bullets.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Team V
I don’t remember them ever having testing stations for the flu .

Yes, they did, but they had a little more time to plan for them. They're called Doctor's offices, clinics and hospitals.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Sorry to hear about that young man and I will for sure pray for him. I dont think anyone thinks that the virus isnt hitting some hard, because it is. What most are questioning is the real numbers and the way our governments are handling it. The facts are that the recovery rates are extremely high, and younger people like your wife's friend having such severe complications are very rare.

Also something to think about is that there are a lot of other co-morbidities besides being overweight. Asthma and drug use are just two. Lots and lots of data out there now that points to low vitamin D being a huge factor in how our bodies fight covid. People who work indoors will usually have lower levels of vitamin D.

Questions I would be screaming from the rooftops if that was my friend is what treatments did that young man receive ?? Did his doctors try ivermectin or HCQ ? Chances are they didnt, and in my opinion thats criminal. There is just to many doctors out there now saying those drugs are working miracles with covid patients.

I will pray for that young man as well.
Vitamin D and Zinc seems to reduce the severity of the virus is what I've read too. HCQ is being used by many countries with great results while our country's doctors, like Fauci, are saying it's worthless. That's probably because of the difference in cost between HCQ and Remdesivir. It's all about the money and yes, that is criminal.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

So these people don't count ? YOU are one I am describing Jerk so instead of nursing homes just shoot them instead . Or with ammo shortage throw them off a ship save bullets.

I believe what he was trying to say is that even the common cold would pose a great threat to them. Then our governors had the sick elderly put in the nursing homes instead of the hospital.
Posted By: elkaholic

Our state labels deaths where the deceased had COVID but died from other causes as "COVID related deaths".

My wife's uncle died in June. He had a stroke. On his death certificate his death is listed as a stroke, with the secondary cause, or underlying cause as COVID.

Originally Posted by white17
I have a friend who is a doctor in Cameroon. She was born in Nigeria. She is 72 years old. She has taken HCQ most of her life, with the exception of the years she spent here in school. She now has the virus and it is doubtful that she will survive.

But, this illustrates the problem with anecdotal evidence. I know her. you know someone else. We both have stories. But there are no control groups, or placebos, or regimented procedures involved.Just our individual stories.

Yes the drug has a long history and lots of folks have taken it. It may very well be safe for most people. But we don't have those real numbers derived in a controlled fashion.

This might be true for HCQ but it isnt for ivermectin. The doctor that testified before the senate used the term "mounds" of evidence. The one example he gave was over 800 health care workers who were given ivermectin. Not one of them got covid. People can choose to ignore that, or they can say he is lying, but to say there is no data is simply not true.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 05:20 PM

It goes both ways byrd.

Honesty and money sometimes have a hard time seeing eye to eye.

Perfect example: Remdesivir vs HCQ. No money in HCQ.
Make HCQ available to patients with Covid instead of the other option. Instead, they ban it in the US. It's all about the money and the media is behind it too.
Posted By: BandB

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 06:05 PM

Wikipedia as a source. Like that's reliable and unbiased. What's next? Snopes?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 06:07 PM

I didn't put this in the vaccine thread just so some that had read that one may not read this.
First mouth all you want about it being a hoax !! YOUR WRONG !!
I had to get permission to post the events to follow. My wife is a teacher at a local college. The young guy in her dept that his office is next door to hers contracted covid in early Oct. He was 39 at the time. At first he had the basic symptoms. Cough fever aches. In 10 days he was in the ICU. In 5 days he was on a ventilator. Haven't gotten any news about him since last Thursday but the out look is grim. Been in a coma for almost 45 days!!!
So his parents haven't seen him since Oct 3. They haven't spoken to him since Oct 8. He turned 40 in November .
Ok little back ground He may have been carrying around 15 extra lbs. But how many on here aren't ? Before you stick out your chest and mouth off "I won't" "IT ain't real" stop and think or look for a face to put with this disease. All I ask.
I bit my lip some but not now that I am allowed to post his story.
This has really upset my wife as pre covid every morning she went to work he would say hello out his door as she walked by. The few times she goes in (restrictions) now there is just a sign on the door that says" Not available"

Think on this tragic events and curb your brashness , or don't people see your true character in the end !!

Jbyrd63

If you see fit please pray for this young man and his family ..
Or just dismiss this as a hoax God knows the truth ...............................................................

Jbyrd63, If I might offer, you're upset with the wrong people. All seek scientific answers, but for some medicine seems to be marching differently during this pandemic than before, as doctors and personnel seek science, science, science to suggest avenues and tactics. Perhaps the virus is too cagey or perhaps it's not been long enough but double-blind placebo controlled studies, the backbone of medicine are lacking at ground 0. Everywhere. Maybe no one wants to be the placebo group? Who knows. But this isn't worth calling out citizenry when citizenry isn't doing anything different than you or me. They're living and breathing. And until studies suggest something..... ALL the rest is just opinion. Yours. Mine, Everyone's is no better or worse. I don't care if a doc gives it, a Fauci-ite gives it, or a Martian gives it. If and until there is data then it's opinion. And the reason we try to use data and science as best man can is absolutely because opinion is a belief system, not a scientific system.

Case in point, OH announced today further state wide guidelines. Wrestling may continue but without hand shakes before and after a match. I don't care who/what/why/which/when tells me anything about that ruling right there.... (docs? I'm sure some are. Attorneys? Has to be) is stupid. Not saying if they should wrestle or not. I'm suggesting that if this is how this is playing out - common sense folks say "What?"

We don't say there's no Covid. We don't say it doesn't kill? We just wonder all these whizzes we pay to be in office and in the medical towers of our country, where are you all at?
In the mean time 1,000 opinions from a 1,000 versions surface and battle.
Covid doesn't really care.

Make sense sir?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 06:13 PM

I'm a high school basketball ref in Ohio and been doing basketball games since before Thanksgiving. in some ways it's worse than wrestling as far as close contact.

The one good thing is no more captains meetings. Biggest waste of time ever.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 07:04 PM

There was a good article on CBC TV last night. What is coming to light now is the after effects of having this disease. Covid Brain Fog
mull that over
and get back to me in an hour
Victims of C-19 if; you can remember that long
Posted By: Co�s

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 07:11 PM

There was a good article on CBC TV last night. What is coming to light now is the after effects of having this disease. Covid Brain Fog
mull that over
and get back to me in an hour
Victims of C-19 if; you can remember that long

Whatever you believe about Covid 19, it’s obvious we’ve all got Covid Brain Fog by now.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 07:32 PM

I have had a on-off headache for months since Covid. I have my physical in early January and I'll ask my internist. He will either know something because of advances discovered, or resort to his expert training in the past, or try something based on his expertise in the art of medicine. Or ask someone else = consult.
Like I offered, we are an educated society, and the ones who lack medical training can cut and paste from online, so all involved have beliefs and opinions. It's time doctors show the educated individuals what they know, what they've discovered, and precisely what they do not know at this time.
That's called honesty and integrity for the people.

Until then, we get restaurants closed while liquor stores are open. Church disallowed but street rallies allowed.
This isn't health doctrine. It's called tyranny.
Posted By: Trapper Will

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 07:35 PM

I have had it since Saturday the 5th. got tested Thursday came back positive. Pretty sure I had it this time last December, much worse then. Not so much this year. Feeling better every day.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 08:06 PM

Prayers for your loss and to comfort your family !

I'm not a nay sayer, there is something definitely out there, how it was placed or came to be now is not relevant really, we as common people cannot do anything about how it got here, thats wasted breath to me.

What ever it is there seems to be two leading lethal things about it, it affects older immune compromised people quicker and harder, the other is the wide range of symptoms it affects others with a stronger immune system which seems to confound Doctors on a solid attack treatment, where-in your sent home to be more comfortable and not infect others, which to me means a longer time having it without any kind of treatment at all to knock it around some or bring that lethality down.

Do masks work, well they seem to be working well at keeping the flu in check with social distancing as well, contact with the flu is and has always been a sore spot with infection rates in the past.. Are they preventing the Covid, doubt we can really assess that until its been here for some time, you cant get statistics worth much on a short term study.

Why are other countries with a history of using HCO for many years not having a high infection rate should speak for it's self, IMO

Money does have an issue in this with reporting on deaths, it does seem that there are some instances where it's very questionable about Covid being responsible for their passing, when the incubation period has not even been met before their passing. Does this have to be addressed , are there un-identified issues with the person that magnified the death quicker, maybe, again a statistic unattainable yet in my view. Are there people out there who will never have it, probably, like other things, some have a natural tendency to resist infections, maybe we should ask them to provide time to study that resistance.

Are people in hysteria over this yes, are their people who are ignoring it, yes, does either offset the end of not getting it, no, people every where will have a chance to get infected one time or another just like many other things we meet on a daily basis, it's not going any where now, except to mutate it's self either worse or not a threat any more.

Lets all hope for the latter, and come to the acknowledgement of this is something we are now going to have to live with, regardless of how its fought !!
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
I have had a on-off headache for months since Covid. I have my physical in early January and I'll ask my internist. He will either know something because of advances discovered, or resort to his expert training in the past, or try something based on his expertise in the art of medicine. Or ask someone else = consult.
Like I offered, we are an educated society, and the ones who lack medical training can cut and paste from online, so all involved have beliefs and opinions. It's time educated individuals are shown what they know and what medical "experts" have discovered and what they do not know at this time. That's called honesty and integrity for the people.

Until then, we get restaurants closed while liquor stores are open. Church disallowed but street rallies allowed.

The “Science” that allows wrestlers to wrestle, but not Shake Hands just makes me shake my head.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 09:08 PM

Like I offered, we are an educated society, and the ones who lack medical training can cut and paste from online, so all involved have beliefs and opinions. It's time educated individuals are shown what they know and what medical "experts" have discovered and what they do not know at this time. That's called honesty and integrity for the people.

Isn't that the truth. The restaurant I always eat at doesn't serve any alcohol. They require a mask except while you're eating. Booths and tables are socially distanced apart. Limit of 4 per table. Hand sanitizers located throughout. After every table has been used, it's wiped down. Yet, they are forced closed.

Churches disallowed or limited to 25 people at a service. Casinos have unlimited access. Seriously???????

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 09:49 PM

Turkey wrangler One thing about the nursing homes. Those people have been in them for years . Some even decades. Survived the flu, colds , any other illnesses that man and nature had thrown at them. BUT when covid (or what ever folks believe) came thru the country they died by the thousands. Where most in there final days? Probably. But with covid they died alone and lonely. In the past when someone's life light was flickering for the last time the family and friends were able to say their goodbyes. The illness is bad enough, dying and not seeing your kids, grandkids for months is dreadful.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by YamaCat

The “Science” that allows wrestlers to wrestle, but not Shake Hands just makes me shake my head.

Today's "Science!" is the end result of postmodernism, there is no objective truth, just my truth, but ncan use any gendered bathroom based on how I feel today -ism. We are well past what th late Michael Crichton described in his lecture titled Aliens Cause Global Warming m it's a good read if you can find it. I've posted I here a few times.
Posted By: BandB

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 10:03 PM

Turkey wrangler One thing about the nursing homes. Those people have been in them for years . Some even decades. Survived the flu, colds , any other illnesses that man and nature had thrown at them. BUT when covid (or what ever folks believe) came thru the country they died by the thousands. Where most in there final days? Probably. But with covid they died alone and lonely. In the past when someone's life light was flickering for the last time the family and friends were able to say their goodbyes. The illness is bad enough, dying and not seeing your kids, grandkids for months is dreadful.

Them dying alone was due to governmental reactions. Sure some of those were there for years and survived, but now they are years older and therefore weaker than before. You can't discount that.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 10:10 PM

Being confined indoors just wrecks your immune system. You're never exposed to anything unless someone brings it with them . The HVAC systems aren't really set up to isolate each room.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

Isn't that the truth. The restaurant I always eat at doesn't serve any alcohol. They require a mask except while you're eating. Booths and tables are socially distanced apart. Limit of 4 per table. Hand sanitizers located throughout. After every table has been used, it's wiped down. Yet, they are forced closed.

Churches disallowed or limited to 25 people at a service. Casinos have unlimited access. Seriously???????

So if folks are gonna huff at someone call city hall. Tyranny has us all wondering "What??"
The closures make no sense and this is the quietest deadliest, most infamous, yet mysterious, killer, non-lethal bug in human history.
Not really. We just have our already in place single payer health care who doesn't even know you're out here.

Basements for Presidential election candidates?
Who the heck is Fauci and how did he get chosen as the furor of mandates that make no sense because I could do better than that swamp hack?
The greatest advances in modern medicine, and not a whimper from the country who did most of it?

Call city hall and tell the swampers to pressure Heir Fauci to release the scientific evidence every time he spouts. Or we won't listen to Heir Fauci and his whack-a-mole.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 10:50 PM

[/quote]

Don't have to look far on this board to see HUNDREDS of post declaring it a hoax ........
[/quote]

This was you when this was all getting going. You and a few others said it was nothing. Several other threads got axed. If you are in the wrong group you need to take precautions. As for the young man, he is in a very rare but real group. Dying young is not right no matter what it is from. LLL

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...e-understand-this-mask-thing#Post6863266
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/14/20 11:44 PM

Nobody is stopping anyone from believing or fearing or doing whatever they want.

You make your own decisions for your own life.

Carry on.
Posted By: MJM

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:04 AM

I saw today the CDC is counting pneumonia and influenza deaths right along with Covid deaths all together. They must of got tired of being called out on it. The Rona is real, it's just the numbers are fake.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:17 AM

Well here's who I listen to most often because they're correct 99.8% of the time, Covid or otherwise;
and we've got more than .02% of the trappers on here need to take lessons from these folk.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:41 AM

Like many I have mixed feelings on the whole thing (and also upset at how many governors are handling it). It's also hard to know who to believe these days as there are highly qualified people saying different things...and seemingly changing their minds weekly. Its human nature to side with whomever makes you feel the best I guess. That said, I know locally, the nurses at Mayo (and other hospitals here) that are working in the Covid ward are now working 12 hr days, 6 days a week (mandatory) and watching actual covid patients die daily. Yes, of actual Covid.

I know people who've had it and wasn't a big deal. I know healthy/fit people who've been on their backs for 3 weeks solid and took 6 weeks to get back to work.

Just observations on my part. Carry on.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:46 AM

Oh for Pete's sakes!

And wiki is what?? What about the thousands of doctors who have signed the barrington declaration?? Are they crazy too?? What about the doctors in Alberta who sent letters to Kenny and did the recent interviews?? Are they crazy too??

Yukon, the amount of Alberta doctors that pleaded for a lockdown with Kenney was huge. The only interviews I saw from Albert doctors said their strategy was failing and that “Hope was not a solution”. Only the extreme far right is even happy in Alberta currently with Leadership popularity plummeting.

I’m sure there’s some number fudging for profit in the USA, but profit isn’t the name of the game when it comes to hospitals in a lot of the world.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:53 AM

It is estimated that 38 million US citizens will have the flu 2019-2020 of which 18 million will contact a health care provider, 400K will be hospitalized and 22,000 will die or .00057% of all cases 0r .57 persons per 1,000
During the Viet Nam war 2,709,918 service men served in active duty in Viet Nam of which 58,000 died which is 2.1% of all who served or 21 per 1,000
to date COVID has reported 16,000,000 cases with 300,000 deaths or 1.8% or 19 per 1,000

Yes the media may hype this more than many feel they should or there are those who feel that this is all manufactured to make sectors of our economy money etc. but the reality is there is much to be concerned regarding the outcome of becoming infected. Being in the jungles of Nam was not a whole lot more hazardous to one's health then walking into a restaurant and ordering a meal or going to a bar for a night of fun and drinking.

Bryce
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 01:01 AM

I know lots of people who have had it, many friends and family. I have it now.

It's not a hoax but it's not that bad. Heck my dad is 84 and he recovered in about a week. I'm in day 4 and feeling sick but I have been able to keep working so far. We'll see how this plays out over the next week, I am just staying home and getting what work done I can from my home office. Life goes on.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by rvsask
Oh for Pete's sakes!

Yukon, the amount of Alberta doctors that pleaded for a lockdown with Kenney was huge. The only interviews I saw from Albert doctors said their strategy was failing and that “Hope was not a solution”. Only the extreme far right is even happy in Alberta currently with Leadership popularity plummeting.

I’m sure there’s some number fudging for profit in the USA, but profit isn’t the name of the game when it comes to hospitals in a lot of the world.

I have no idea what the doctors political leanings are. That doesnt matter to me and it shouldnt to you or anyone else. Its always the same story....that doctor or scientists opinion doesnt count. My question is why?? This fellow is a highly educated doctor. He's asking the same questions many of us have been for months now.

Its like the fellows comments on the bitchute video. Who cares where the video was posted?? The people on the video are all highly educated doctors and scientists, yet all the fellow was worried about was the fact that the video was on bitchute. A better question might be why are all the big tech companies including Youtube trying to silence these doctors?? Its not going to work though, there are thousands of doctors speaking up now. Heres the letter I was referring to.

https://www.westernstandardonline.c...RLHE4Gjs0PNUXB2-bKVT0Nwl92BV2_gAVss3LGXE

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
I saw today the CDC is counting pneumonia and influenza deaths right along with Covid deaths all together. They must of got tired of being called out on it. The Rona is real, it's just the numbers are fake.

again?

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
It is estimated that 38 million US citizens will have the flu 2019-2020 of which 18 million will contact a health care provider, 400K will be hospitalized and 22,000 will die or .00057% of all cases 0r .57 persons per 1,000
During the Viet Nam war 2,709,918 service men served in active duty in Viet Nam of which 58,000 died which is 2.1% of all who served or 21 per 1,000
to date COVID has reported 16,000,000 cases with 300,000 deaths or 1.8% or 19 per 1,000

Yes the media may hype this more than many feel they should or there are those who feel that this is all manufactured to make sectors of our economy money etc. but the reality is there is much to be concerned regarding the outcome of becoming infected. Being in the jungles of Nam was not a whole lot more hazardous to one's health then walking into a restaurant and ordering a meal or going to a bar for a night of fun and drinking.

Bryce

Did you really just compare covid to deaths in vietnam?

You know when someone dies in war they come home in a casket and the family knows that person died in war. There was no money to be made declaring someone died at war in Vietnam.

You know hospitals get between 13k and 39k for a covid case. Right?

You know influenza cases as measured by the CDC are at historical lows. Right? Wonder why?

I like you Bryce but that is the dumbest comparison I have ever seen and possibly one of the most offensive. As a war veteran, I will.........keep my mouth shut. I would get thrown off this site if I said what I want to say right now.

mad mad mad mad mad

X2

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:23 AM

In my surroundings, for what it's worth, the folks who seem to know we're not going to live forever are at some level of peace about that lack of control.

Maddest I see people get seems to be when they are at the edge of this mortal realization, and they lash out at "these people" and "those people" who are making them realize life is not forever and they may not be here tomorrow.

The perception that "these people" and "those people" are responsible for someone's death is not a murder scenario (although some use that language???.... "these dumb people are murdering people by not wearing a mask!!).

No, we will not live forever. That is scary realization #1 right now for our culture, awash in apathy towards car accidents, cancer, abortions, obesity, suicides, domestic violence, and on and on.

Good news. Covid will run its course as all viruses do. And we, as a people will become immune to how it killed 1M or 10M.
We will move on to the next "I don't want to die! thing" soon enough. It's always best perhaps when they're spaced out.

Unless of course the Wuhan is engineered for a purpose and in that case, you me screwed.

Posted By: Boco

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:26 AM

Thats why some bible thumpers play with poisinous snakes.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:27 AM

They take that seed of the serpent a bit too far into; The Land of Charisma cry
Posted By: tlguy

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:39 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:15 AM

It is not a comparison as I see it, it is just stating the facts as we know them to date and yes I saw young men come home and I did not see the caskets either. Your statement indicates that COVID is a racket for people or firms to make money and I disagree with that statement as a generality. There were young men in the 60s where judges gave young men the option of enlisting or serving time and some chose the military. When you think about it with limited education and no political clout what MOS would most of those young men have and where do we think they were sent? We had one from our small HS that took that option, but he did come home with only minor injuries.
I feel the assumption that many that are the survivors of those who die today are being scammed by the medical professionals is a not truly representative of how the medical profession operates even in these highly stressful and political times.

Bryce
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Naaaaaaa I just run them over with my truck grin

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Originally Posted by Boco

Naaaaaaa I just run them over with my truck grin

Hope you are wearing your mask Bruce T so dont inhale any snake venom as it goes squish.
Posted By: Ouananiche

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:49 AM

Ventilator will be what kills him....

Why is he on one?

We know that it kills people with Covid...........

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 04:00 AM

bowhunter, if you don't mind the Q, how old are you? I'm 63.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 04:18 AM

You're a few younger than I expected in that you're/we're fighting upstream in a lot of this. By the way, super posts. Well laid out. That's all debate is... is laid out.
Freud in the 1800's said man's behavior is "determined" within the 1st 6 years of life, by sexual and aggressive attributes. These dudes in Germany and Vienna, Austria were deep thinkers. Albert Adler agreed at first, but when on to theorize his version of behaviorism based on "you are what you do." In other words, you chart your own destiny and society has a hand, but a minor role.

In the 1980's, the philosophers joined ranks with sociology, growing as a "science" and we are living a top those works today. It is what people are taught (since the 1980's), hear, read, etc. everywhere. Even in our churches. What is it? Without going to deep, we are formed (they now theorize) by the society around us. Not by the decisions we as individuals make. Nope. By what others choose for us. Sound familiar. Sure it does. Academia today, don't miss this: Is absolutely convinced based on these philosophy theories that the way to "help" people, the way to "assist" people, the way to make people behavior in certain ways is........ change society to make it so.

It is it's own religion. It has fancy names and I won't bore you. But if you begin to confront it, it's just like being a Christian..... incoming! You will not stop their beliefs because when they burn down a city, they are "helping" people. When they give your money to them, they are "helping" people. When they tell you to wear a mask, wear a condom, wear whatever they tell you to wear, we think how we were taught (um, 2+2 =4). Not in the slightest. They think "help" people. Well we say, ok let's help. They should go to school and get an education = a job = a career = some cash = Adlerian theory up to the 1980's.

There is a fundamental divide in people's beliefs is what I'm sharing. You're giving facts (Adlerian) and some are talking "you gotta help" = post 1980's.

It's why personal freedom is no longer of value to the post 1980's culture who buys this sociology jargon. Personal freedom stands opposed to what must be done to "help" people. Try telling someone anymore they should stay in school = a job = security and 1 in 2 will call you a name. Promise. They worship differently than us friend.

The 50% is against the 50% and we wish these darned smart people who social engineer would give us personal responsibility folks another whack at it.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 05:06 AM

I don't disagree with all you have stated as I too have had several medical appointments as have my wife, with most being virtual and the ones that needed to be face to face we went through the drill. Our GP we have had for 35 years related to me the real issue with not performing elective procedures for two months for them. The main reason that I was told that they did not want elective surgeries during that time as all the PPE that is needed for those surgeries and procedures as that was a time when those items were in great demand. The medical profession or administration's have learned over the last 10 months as have we all. They are now as full as before in many places with COVID and are still scheduling elective procedures as well. Now there may have been ways to create income from the virus but many places actually laid staff off as usage declined. I still however don't agree that the medical professionals were telling survivors wholescale lies about what caused their loved one's deaths. I know many on here dislike institutions, maybe most institutions and having served in the military that is another institution be it good, bad or ugly as how it functions.

Bryce

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 05:12 AM

Alright Bryce, let's look at reality of monetary operating costs.

Most all of the hospitals changed gears and ramped up in anticipation of all the covid infections and began putting even minor outpatient surgeries on the back burner. They were also afraid of infecting their hospitals with covid so they limited the accepted patients to only the most necessary and covid patients.

Now how did that work out in the short term? Not real well. The covid infections did not bombard their doors and while it was a novel and exciting (in a weird way) for there to be a pandemic for hospital workers to handle, it just didn't happen.

So the money dried up on two fronts.

One was all the simple medical procedures that were outpatient stopped happening. A gigantic loss of revenue. I know for a fact that my own doctors office went to GREAT extremes to tell me how clean their office was when I expressed my reluctance to go to the doctor for my son's strep throat. So if someone was going to have a wart removed or even a simple physical, many of those patients cancelled and chose not to go into the hospital or doctor's office for fear of getting the covid.

Two was the covid patient numbers did not match the predictions. All the companies who switched gears during this great pandemic to manufacture ventilators to satiate the drastic need that was coming did so in vain. The hospitals were not overrun with covid and therefore didn't have the mass numbers of covid patients and also cut their own throats involuntarily by rejecting simple procedures that netted them lots of money. And then it was compounded by the large purchases made of the unneeded ventilators.

So how did it work out in the long tern?

So to help compensate for this massive loss, more doctors and hospitals labeled sicknesses as covid. Direct or related. And a medical diagnosis was NOT required for compensation from Medicare. Wonder why that happened to have such a loose requirement to receive so much money? ($13k-$39k) Yet, influenza requires a TESTING diagnosis for only $5k?

A death from covid should be exactly that. If someone has a morbid or chronic condition, as written extensively on their medical records, and they get covid and GOD forbid die with covid, then that is exactly what happened. They died with covid, NOT from covid. There are too many episodes out there to not see this is at least a 250 lb gorilla in the room.

Now my question to you mask people. If it is so important to people's health and so inconsiderate to not wear one, do you also tell fat people bellied up to a large pizza to stop eating because they are obese? Obesity is the number one cause of most health issues in this country and costs the tax payer massive amounts of money (much more than covid) and directly contributes to massive numbers of deaths. You won't die from their obesity, but you dang sure are gonna pay for it and all the health issues associated with it. And what if it is a fat mother with a fat child eating that large pizza. Do you scold that mother for her horrible parenting and how she is contributing to a lifetime of chronic medical issues for that child because she is so inconsiderate of her own child's life due to her selfish parenting skills?

Do you tell smokers to quit smoking because it will kill them and it is rude to make you breath their smoke? Imagine all the smokers who have died with a covid infection. Was it the cigarette that killed them or covid?

Now, there's some truth for you.

I get so tired of people thinking covid is the beast that devours all in it's path and if I don't wear a mask or get a vaccine, it is akin to me pushing them into the mouth of the beast. If you are older, stay home or go out in the early morning hours to get your stuff done then go home. If you have diabetes, are obese, have HBP, have cancer, or any other thing that limits your overall health, do the same.

Take care of YOURSELVES!! If you are fat, lose weight. If you smoke, stop smoking. If you drink too much, stop drinking. If you text while driving stop texting and driving. If you get out of breath walking to the refrigerator, go for a walk instead and start taking care of YOURSELF. If you are healthy you have an exponentially higher likelihood of surviving covid and dang near anything else.

Personal responsibility is ALSO a personal choice. Have you made that choice? Or do you keep blaming that other person?

Good post. Dead on point, especially the last paragraph.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:05 PM

Regarding that last paragraph, see my post. A large segment of our culture has now pinned really hard;

Their behaviors,
Their lot in life,
Their positioning in society,
Their circumstances,
Their situation,
Their good or bad,
Their family situation,
Do we have a million of these sayings now OR WHAT,
One after another after another.
On them.
Not me.
You are free to pick the them's from a long list in 2020.

We will not change this thinking in our lifetime. It has been taught hard core since Freud in the mid-1800's and Darwin gave mankind a reason to not even check in with God about any of it. Check with yourself. You're god. Not God. You're a better ape. A smarter ape. An evolving ape. He's myth.

I teach my legacy about the myth of man thinking we are god.
It's not easy because teachers, politicians, friend's moms and dads, and even some religious folks
think we are god.

Good is just an extra o.
It's preferred but it's not special.
And I ain't no ignorant ape.
Me and mine (and you and yours) never were.
Darwin, and his son were theorists. Nothing more.
Just like the Billy Gates and Mark Zuckerburgs of today.
Follow that wagon if you want.
Those tracks dead end. Maybe shorter tracks if the Rona train comes all aboard.
You can run fast to keep ahead of whatever train you don't like, but you can't lay more track.
Just the way He designed it.
Glad He designed it in the first place the way I figure it.

I like that dominion over the fish, birds, beasts part.
Donna and I are setting traps on our biggest ranch Saturday!

Blessings y'all!
Mark
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:41 PM

Be SAFE!! Prayer for all stricken.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 12:59 PM

It's easier to tell you to wear a mask and believe it's going to help. Sad isn't it.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 01:08 PM

It is fact that the 7th day Adventists live a longer life span than other faiths and culture as a whole. I know this because our MI family has long 7th day Adventists roots from way back. The devout affirm that the body is God's temple and as such, we need to keep it as good as we can.

And stats prove their case.

I never did drugs. I have never even tried a cigarette. I drink hardly ever unless it's really hot and there's a brewski with my name on it.
I never cared if they or them called me a geek, or uncool, or a nurd, or whatever all my life so the social pressure crowd didn't effect me. In fact, you tell me I must do this thing... I have so much pride in me.... I'll go the exact opposite way for sure.

Plus, all that "crappy lifestyle choices" looked to be harming the bodies of others as far as I could see. Scared me. I don't want to look 100 when I'm 40.

Others, maybe they didn't and still don't care.
You can't cover a lifetime of I didn't really take care of my body with a mask.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 01:41 PM

It is fact that the 7th day Adventists live a longer life span than other faiths and culture as a whole. I know this because our MI family has long 7th day Adventists roots from way back. The devout affirm that the body is God's temple and as such, we need to keep it as good as we can.

And stats prove their case.

I never did drugs. I have never even tried a cigarette. I drink hardly ever unless it's really hot and there's a brewski with my name on it.
I never cared if they or them called me a geek, or uncool, or a nurd, or whatever all my life so the social pressure crowd didn't effect me. In fact, you tell me I must do this thing... I have so much pride in me.... I'll go the exact opposite way for sure.

Plus, all that "crappy lifestyle choices" looked to be harming the bodies of others as far as I could see. Scared me. I don't want to look 100 when I'm 40.

Others, maybe they didn't and still don't care.
You can't cover a lifetime of I didn't really take care of my body with a mask.

The idea that 7th day adventists live longer is a bit of stretch. I read all about this when I was diagnosed with RA. I had never been seriously sick when that occurred so it was something I wanted to figure out. There is one community of 7th day adventists in Loma Linda California that actually do. They are considered one of the "blue zones, " where people supposably live longer. One of the keys when you look at all these blue areas is healthy fats. Whether they are vegetarian or not, the key is they all get healthy fats. Something we've been told would kill us for decades. Saturated fats are good for you that much is clear now.

For some time now Hong Kong has the longest life expectancy of anywhere in the world. They also have the highest meat intake per person than any other country.

My diet for the last year has consisted of fat/meat at a 2:1 ratio, and no more than 20 total carbs a day. My RA is gone, ( something modern medicine says is impossible) I have dropped 30-pounds, my blood pressure is perfect, and I've never felt better. Lots of science out there on it now for those willing to look. I did consultations with the doctors at Paleomedicina in Hungary, this isnt something I came up with on my own.

Refined carbs and sugars are the reason so many N Americans are so unhealthy and like bowhunter says, thats one reason our country has been hit so hard by covid. Studies now say that about 42% of the population in the USA are insulin resistant.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 01:55 PM

Greater than 94% of deaths attributed to covid have had comorbidities. I wonder if they would have survived if they would have taken their own personal health more serious?

I know some things can't be helped, I understand that. However, most of the conditions could have been prevented or at least been more subdued.

How many of you walk a mile a day? How many of you drink enough water during the day? How many of you eat healthy? How many of you take a multivitamin? How many of you get enough sleep?

These are VERY SMALL things to do that can make a dramatic change in your life. VERY SMALL!! VERY DRAMATIC!!

You need to be healthy, covid or not. If you are not, then what are you? Find something active to do.

Wasn't there a guy on here who got in shape by walking his trap line and not riding it? He had a BIG TIME change in his life by just walking and exerting himself while trapping.

I stay in shape for my wife and my children. It keeps me better motivated that way. If I don't stay in shape, I let them down. If I do it for me I will let myself down every time.

Get in better physical shape. Beat the covid. If you are in better shape, you won't worry so much about getting covid.

Yeah working out will save you. Why do the sports people get it. My wife had a cousin 52 succumb to the covid. He was a hard worker on highway construction and avid hunter. It killed him. I don't understand what it is you keep trying to prove. We have a 40 yr old farmer that was a picture of health been on vent for 4 weeks and the outcome is looking bleak. So now that you have almost exhausted your negativity you think if one gets it and dies then it must be their life style.

President Trump was the first I heard to compare it to war.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Greater than 94% of deaths attributed to covid have had comorbidities. I wonder if they would have survived if they would have taken their own personal health more serious?

I know some things can't be helped, I understand that. However, most of the conditions could have been prevented or at least been more subdued.

How many of you walk a mile a day? How many of you drink enough water during the day? How many of you eat healthy? How many of you take a multivitamin? How many of you get enough sleep?

These are VERY SMALL things to do that can make a dramatic change in your life. VERY SMALL!! VERY DRAMATIC!!

You need to be healthy, covid or not. If you are not, then what are you? Find something active to do.

Wasn't there a guy on here who got in shape by walking his trap line and not riding it? He had a BIG TIME change in his life by just walking and exerting himself while trapping.

I stay in shape for my wife and my children. It keeps me better motivated that way. If I don't stay in shape, I let them down. If I do it for me I will let myself down every time.

Get in better physical shape. Beat the covid. If you are in better shape, you won't worry so much about getting covid.

Yeah working out will save you. Why do the sports people get it. My wife had a cousin 52 succumb to the covid. He was a hard worker on highway construction and avid hunter. It killed him. I don't understand what it is you keep trying to prove. We have a 40 yr old farmer that was a picture of health been on vent for 4 weeks and the outcome is looking bleak. So now that you have almost exhausted your negativity you think if one gets it and dies then it must be their life style.

I think what he's trying to say is that the numbers tell us that very few people under 75 will have serious issues with covid. When they do, underlying conditions are probably the reason. I was much like the people you describe. I was working every day and my job requires me to be extremely active. Way more active than most. I had never spent the night in a hospital in my life. Never had anything serious. Then my wrist started bothering me so bad I couldnt skin. One thing led to another and I was diagnosed with RA. Right out of the blue. If you know anything about RA you know that it it caused by inflammation and lots of it. I had obviously been sick for some time and didnt know it. My doctors told me later that my immune system was really messed up. Had I got covid then chances are good I wouldnt be here now. I changed things up with my diet, got healthy, then a couple months ago got covid and for me it was very mild.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 02:09 PM

The point is that the recovery rate is pretty high for this disease. Even amongst seniors it's not quite as bad as it looks if you look at the numbers.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:43 PM

I think what is pushing tons of mis-information is fear of the unknown . Thus the title Novel virus.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:53 PM

Well said. This has been an opportunity missed by our public health folks to talk about HEALTH not just Illness.

Its about reducing (not eliminating) risk. Physical fitness and improved health reduces your risk

Take care of YOURSELVES!! If you are fat, lose weight. If you smoke, stop smoking. If you drink too much, stop drinking. If you text while driving stop texting and driving. If you get out of breath walking to the refrigerator, go for a walk instead and start taking care of YOURSELF. If you are healthy you have an exponentially higher likelihood of surviving covid and dang near anything else.

Personal responsibility is ALSO a personal choice. Have you made that choice? Or do you keep blaming that other person?

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 03:59 PM

I blame the other person if they cough or sneeze on me.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

According to the WHO, people who spend 30 minutes at least 3 times a week working out will build up their immune system. While they can still be susceptible to Covid, the infection won't be as severe.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/15/20 04:05 PM

I guess now some off you will say its their freedom to cough on me. Yeah same freedom a fat person has to eat another donut ? Where does freedom stop and become a responsibility.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by ILcooner
Well said. This has been an opportunity missed by our public health folks to talk about HEALTH not just Illness.

Its about reducing (not eliminating) risk. Physical fitness and improved health reduces your risk

Guess what you still gonna die !!!!!!!!

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 12:03 AM

Dang this thread still around.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 12:07 AM

Two ways to look at exercise. Yes in moderation it is good for you. BUT some medical people now realize your back has only so many bends in it. Your heart has only so many beats in it. Over use it and it will wear out. LOL then you die also ! So eat some kale , eat some powder donuts , MMM still going to croak.
BUT joking aside not ALL medical problems can be avoided with diet and exercise. During the summer of her 17th birthday I don't think my wife did anything to bring on type 1 diabetes !! Her granny and her momma both had it ..

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 12:11 AM

Two ways to look at exercise. Yes in moderation it is good for you. BUT some medical people now realize your back has only so many bends in it. Your heart has only so many beats in it. Over use it and it will wear out. LOL then you die also ! So eat some kale , eat some powder donuts , MMM still going to croak.
BUT joking aside not ALL medical problems can be avoided with diet and exercise. During the summer of her 17th birthday I don't think my wife did anything to bring on type 1 diabetes !! Her granny and her momma both had it ..

Thats rough. I worked for a guy once who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in his teens. He really took care of himself, but it was still hard on him. Working in a remote setting he had to be careful and never be alone.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 12:38 AM

“A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you”
Posted By: ack

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 12:45 AM

My doc told me healthy people die ever day. This virus is also gonna take healthy people...

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 01:56 AM

Reading this from beginning to end, there must be a lot of people holed up in their basements ready to die, lol!
My parents could learn from y’all instead of gallivanting around the US pretending they aren’t going to catch this deadly virus. You’d think at 84 and 75 they’d know better!
Seriously though, when I asked if they were worried about it, my mom said they’d rather get it and die having fun than get it and die holed up in their house!! Dad has always said if you stay still long enough you’ll end up dead, always have a plan and be moving. Their idea of moving is never staying home. Could they get it? I’m sure. Will they survive it? Probably not. Their choice and their life. They’ve lived theirs and taught us to live ours.

Re: For all you covid naysayers ! - 12/16/20 02:44 AM

You have some AWESOME parents!! I hope I have their attitude when I am their age.

I wish more people on here had their attitude.

They’re gone again, lol. Got a call Sunday and asked to check the mail and feed their cat...they’re heading to Florida for a few days. Since July, they’ve visited Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas, and Florida. And they insisted the entire family get together for Thanksgiving dinner and we all did, including my brother and his wife that live in Washington. Christmas Eve will be at Mom and Dads, again the entire family.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums