Home

My wife still doesn’t know

Posted By: Mattty843

My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 03:11 PM

Over the course of two weeks, I’ve spend quite a bit on start up items. I told her I wouldn’t spend any more than $200. I’ve been keeping receipts and things in my work truck so she wouldn’t find them. If she finds out, I’m a dead man. Lol. How long should I keep it up? PS, We don’t hide important things from each other, and I’m not in any financial distress, so this is more of a she’s just going to be mad type deal. Oh, and I’ve been ordering from online too.
Posted By: CDA Trapper

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 03:15 PM

Tell her you could get into hound dogging, if she thinks trapping is expensive! grin

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 03:16 PM

LOL!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 03:17 PM

If she finds out.

Tell her You're just her expensive pet!
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mattty843
Over the course of two weeks, I’ve spend quite a bit on start up items. I told her I wouldn’t spend any more than $200. I’ve been keeping receipts and things in my work truck so she wouldn’t find them. If she finds out, I’m a dead man. Lol. How long should I keep it up? PS, We don’t hide important things from each other, and I’m not in any financial distress, so this is more of a she’s just going to be mad type deal. Oh, and I’ve been ordering from online too.

She'll come around when she sees all the direct deposits filling your account from your fur sales. grin
Posted By: Bob

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 03:42 PM

I would say it gets less expensive once you get the basics but I would be lying to you lol. My wife knows what I spend the minute I spend it so I can’t get away with overspending on anything

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 04:16 PM

That’s what I did! I already had a few, but I bought all used ones.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 04:49 PM

She knows.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:00 PM

It's not if she finds out. It's when...she may already know and also have secrets that you don't know about.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:10 PM

Ah... heck... just be ready to sleep on the couch, and eat your cooking for like a year... no big deal... lol

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:11 PM

Gosh, I hope not. I mean I did see a new set of curtains, but I didn’t think much about it.

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:12 PM

I’m a master chef, whatcha talkin bout.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:15 PM

I sat down and figured out what it would cost to get into golf. Membership, clubs, etc. Show her what you spent than show her that number after. Make sure you mention theres at least a chance of you breaking even(one year) on trapping sometime in your life.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mattty843
I’m a master chef, whatcha talkin bout.

Then what you worried about ???
Posted By: wallfur

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:29 PM

You need to buy twice that many......she will own half them in the divorce!!!!! grinlol good luck on your endeavor 😁
Posted By: Cragar

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:35 PM

When I was a young mechanic and buying tools to build my collection ,a friend of mine who was a little older would stop by the shop I was working at and I would show him some of the nice new shiny stuff I had bought from Snap-On , Mac and Matco. He was a tightwad and just cringed at what I had paid for these new tools. He already had his own tools that cost less and were slightly less quality. He tried to reason with me to stop spending so much on them. After a few interactions like this , I said to him one day that I could spend my money on alcohol , drugs, gambling or loose women. Instead I bought tools.
He thought about it and a couple days later told me to buy all the tools I wanted.

I relayed this story to a friend years ago who's wife complained about him buying fishing tackle even though he had a lot. He relayed the story to his wife.
The next day she dropped the Bass Pro catalog in his lap and told him to buy whatever he wanted. She said, I know where your money is going , where you are and who you are with , you may come home smelling like an old fish , but you will come home to me.

My buddy was ecstatic with my story to him that he used on his wife.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar
When I was a young mechanic and buying tools to build my collection ,a friend of mine who was a little older would stop by the shop I was working at and I would show him some of the nice new shiny stuff I had bought from Snap-On , Mac and Matco. He was a tightwad and just cringed at what I had paid for these new tools. He already had his own tools that cost less and were slightly less quality. He tried to reason with me to stop spending so much on them. After a few interactions like this , I said to him one day that I could spend my money on alcohol , drugs, gambling or loose women. Instead I bought tools.
He thought about it and a couple days later told me to buy all the tools I wanted.

I relayed this story to a friend years ago who's wife complained about him buying fishing tackle even though he had a lot. He relayed the story to his wife.
The next day she dropped the Bass Pro catalog in his lap and told him to buy whatever he wanted. She said, I know where your money is going , where you are and who you are with , you may come home smelling like an old fish , but you will come home to me.

My buddy was ecstatic with my story to him that he used on his wife.

You could buy those slightly lower quality tools and still afford all those other great things too.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 06:53 PM

If you bought a used trap for $4, and it was usually valued at 6$, it's just like putting $2 in the bank. Do that 100 times and you have put $200 in the bank.

I use the same rational for buying used guns.

She caught on to that sometime in 1977, but she's a good one and encourages me to pick up all the gear I want.

Moosetrot
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by CDA Trapper
Tell her you could get into hound dogging, if she thinks trapping is expensive! grin

yeah x2
Posted By: run

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/19/20 07:29 PM

I like snap on. I can't speak for the other brands.
Posted By: Sfranks

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/20/20 05:31 PM

Mine don't either lol just got 3 box's from fnt out in the back of my car paperwork safely stashed in my front pocket if she figures it out I'm in the same boat as you lol.lucky enough I can hide it in my shed and she shouldn't be none the wiser. Hopefully lol always make a good sized order just before season starts it's like Christmas in November lol
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/20/20 06:10 PM

Forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission is! Lol
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/20/20 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
If you bought a used trap for $4, and it was usually valued at 6$, it's just like putting $2 in the bank. Do that 100 times and you have put $200 in the bank.

I use the same rational for buying used guns.

She caught on to that sometime in 1977, but she's a good one and encourages me to pick up all the gear I want.

Moosetrot

LOL yea that's how business figure profit sharing . You fill your car up at 160 gal and gas goes up 30 cents you have made x number of gals times 30 ! If it goes down you have lost all that because you paid too much . LOL
The one that kills me is they projected they would make 30 million this quarter but only made 15 million ; thus they lost 15 mil on paper. = no profit sharing
Posted By: strike2x

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/20/20 09:02 PM

My wife just tells me I got more trapping crap.in the mail today. Now if I order.something online bfor.her or my girls I just tell them it is trapping crap and take it to my shed until it is time to give it to them..
Posted By: Getting There

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/20/20 10:44 PM

just man up and get it over with.
Posted By: Savell

Re: My wife still doesn’t know - 11/20/20 10:49 PM

Are all y’all hands scared of girls or what lol

... make that woman dye and wax them for you ... and sniff check that there’s enough skunk quill in the call lure when she ain’t cookin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums