Home

HuntStand vs. OnX?

Posted By: white marlin

HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 01:23 AM

or "other"...

please opine!
Posted By: Billy303

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 01:43 AM

I use OnX and have zero issues. Landlines are not 100% accurate but very close. Excellent for marking trap sets and/or waypoints. Best I can remember its about $30.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 01:51 AM

I did the 7 day trial with both, and I prefer Huntstand. More "user friendly" IMO.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 01:58 AM

OnX brings alot of people on my property that think they are on state management area, you know minus all the state signs and information and such. I use Planimeter app for gps marking traps on sat maps, works good for that but dont have lots of the features the others have like properties and so on. Outstanding for marking traps though.
Posted By: schmattz

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 02:00 AM

I have only used OnX and like it for the land owner information. If you are using it to mark traps then I perfer, by a long shot, the GoTrapping! App. You can mark traps with lures baits and record catches. All is exportable at the end of the season to make comparing baits and lures easy.

Schmattz
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 02:47 AM

Any of those apps rely on GIS public records. The same ones guys with a hand held rely upon to survey their property.
Posted By: Bob

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 04:20 AM

I use onX and I really like it. Well worth the $30 a year in my opinion, but I haven’t tried the other. How does hunt stand differ from onX, as far as the information goes?
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: HuntStand vs. OnX? - 11/11/20 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
How does hunt stand differ from onX, as far as the information goes?

I dont really think it does. The two apps might have a few different features from one another (I didn't explore either one that extensively), but i liked the "user friendliness" of Huntstand better.

NOTE- I tried Huntstand first, so that may be the reason I felt it was easier to use.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums