Home

Heavy flannel shirts

Posted By: Useless Eater

Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 04:26 AM

I have always liked heavy flannel but it has been a challenge to find them the past few years. I just bought a few of these shirts and they are outstanding. 9 oz flannel, not only heavier than Duluth, Cabela's, Carhart and Dickies but cheaper. The icing on the cake is these are made in USA and the others are not.
Posted By: Useless Eater

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 05:40 AM

The brand name is "Big Bill" the cheapest place I could find to buy them is https://www.galeton.com at $32.95
Posted By: Newt

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 09:58 AM

hows the sizing ?
Do they run twards the larger or smaller?
I'm gona order some
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 10:18 AM

check out stormy chromer , the hat company , they make shirts ,
Posted By: 160user

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Newt
hows the sizing ?
Do they run twards the larger or smaller?
I'm gona order some

I ordered a large and it was like a parachute.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 10:38 AM

Any comment on arm length? I find that can tend to be an issue with flannel shirts, doesn't help being a bit of a knuckle dragger.
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 11:10 AM

I’m a big fan of Big Bill shirts! Best flannels ever.

I normally wear large talls because I like the length...but I buy Large in Big Bills because the are pretty long in the non-tall sizes.

They do shrink a little.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 11:22 AM

I really liked when Duluth had their burlyweight flannels in the trim fit. I am not a big guy and I like the slimmer fitting shirts. I hate buying flannels that fit well in the shoulders but feel like a tent at the waist. I haven't seen the burlyweights on their site in a year or two though. May have to check out the Big Bills. Thanks for the headsup.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by k snow
I really liked when Duluth had their burlyweight flannels in the trim fit. I am not a big guy and I like the slimmer fitting shirts. I hate buying flannels that fit well in the shoulders but feel like a tent at the waist. I haven't seen the burlyweights on their site in a year or two though. May have to check out the Big Bills. Thanks for the headsup.

You might have to look for a Canadian manufacturer. They manufacturer for the average dude here at 32" waste and 54" chest. grin
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Any comment on arm length? I find that can tend to be an issue with flannel shirts, doesn't help being a bit of a knuckle dragger.

I’m 6’1” and don’t feel the need to buy tall for the arm length. But if you have really long arms you may want to get the tall size
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 12:04 PM

Thanks for the info. Good to know they're made in the U.S.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 12:22 PM

I'm even less evolved than you....I still have T-Rex arms and tend to cuff my sleeves.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 01:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up I too hate this light weight stuff they sell now days
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 02:49 PM

I typically want a 3XLT I find if I try a 4X it is for some guy with a 60 inch waist and stubby little arms

I guess I am in the if I wasn't tall my knuckles would be dragging crew
Posted By: K52

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 08:40 PM

Five Brothers makes a good heavy flannel shirt.
Posted By: Abu65

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 08:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up
Posted By: Posco

Re: Heavy flannel shirts - 10/06/20 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by K52
Five Brothers makes a good heavy flannel shirt.

Beat me to it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums