Home

"The Trapper" Magazine

Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

"The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 05:21 PM

Just a heads up on the ownership change of "The Trapper" magazine and a subscription problem I encountered today...Maybe this will alert and help others.

My subscription to "The Trapper and Predator Caller" purchased last year was set to expire Jan. 2021, but after the ownership change I began getting renewal invoices back in June.

I did renew on September 2, but just received a "last issue sent" renewal invoice today, so I called customer service.

Long story short, the September 2 renewal was in the computer, and showed good until Nov. 21, 2021...So, not only did the magazine go from 10 to 8 issues a year, they also trimmed the duration of my previous years subscription.

When I asked about that, they said they couldn't see the previous owners customer subscription record.

Oh boy, better watch this Media 360 LLC bunch...Prayers sent for the future of "The Trapper"
Posted By: bblwi

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 05:35 PM

When the WTA went from the TP Caller to the Trapper's post I stressed that trappers should maintain their subscription to the Caller. One of the reasons we left was many instances of renewal issues and concerns, especially for our roughly 500--700 life members. Now we will go through this again? Another time of getting less for more. If subscribers get a short stick I wonder what it is like for advertisers and staff that deal with this much more then we do.

Bryce
Posted By: Mike Wilhite

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 06:36 PM

"Now we will go through this again?"

Not with us Bryce. Not sure I understand that question.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 07:05 PM

No Mike no reference to Trapper's post. I will wait to see what happens when my subscription to TP and Caller comes due. I usually do a couple years so we will see when that takes place. Getting fewer issues if quality and information stay up but having to deal with renewals etc. is a bigger issue for me. In our modern digital world why smooth transitions are difficult to do is perplexing to me.

Bryce
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 10:02 PM

I think the new ownership has really improved the magazine.
Posted By: trappermac NY

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 10:10 PM

X2
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 10:17 PM

The magazine is improved if you are a trapper. More of focus is toward trappers vs before trappers and predator hunters. My Lenon Lure ad was dropped one month after ownership change and they fixed quickly after I notified them. I'm wishing them success and will continue to honor them with my business.
Posted By: danvee

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 10:20 PM

There are better trapping magazines out there drop the Trapper years ago
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 10:25 PM

I agree the content of the magazine has improved, the point was fewer issues per year, and trimming the pre-paid subscription length back.

They may get a handle on the business end, but they're not there yet, IMO.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 10:54 PM

I just got 2 issues last week and another today. Still reading the Summer issue. I ordered a subscription about a month ago for 2 years. So far I’m pleased.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/24/20 11:16 PM

I had gotten to the point that I didn't read T & PC except for some articles some old curmudgeon named “Hal” wrote.
I like the new change In the Trapper, but I love the Trapper’s Post.
Posted By: CaseyLenz

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 03:04 PM

Hey guys,

All feedback is useful good or bad, and it is much appreciated. The transition from F&W to Media 360 was tough on a few fronts, subscription renewals being one of them, but we are working through that as fast as we can. The transition back to our roots and going back to The Trapper is one we are excited about, and tailor the magazine back to the trappers. We also went to a higher quality paper, and are now printing in all color. This has made it so there is far less bleed on the words, and readability is much better. The trimming of the issues from 10 down to 8 was to stay competitive in the current markets, but still you can get a year subscription online right now for $18.95 for 8 issues. Let me know if you have any other questions with the changes that happened. My number and email is in every issue and I would love to help you guys out!

Thanks,

Casey Lenz-Media 360
Posted By: Martlet

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 05:14 PM

The subscribe button doesn't seem to be working for me.
Posted By: DanN

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 05:42 PM

It was better in the 80s early 90s.
Posted By: CaseyLenz

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 07:12 PM

This link should work for subs, I will look into why it might not be working!

https://subscriptions.trapperpredatorcaller.com/The-Trapper/Subscription/

Thanks!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 07:22 PM

I guess it’s just the fact I’m still learning, but I would like to see “how to” articles. Or more in depth sets, tactics, etc...more actual articles also. The back half of the book is states trapping associations.
The End of the Line for October was hilarious!!
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 09:10 PM

Im back, quit getting TPC several years ago, it just kept going down hill. No idea how that Spencer feller hung around long enough to see it swing back the other way but glad whoever is once again making it a TRAPPING magazine. Got two issue's for subscribing then this month's issue arrived so im still playing catch up reading most of the articles, like what i see so far.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 11:37 PM

You need to write something up on beaver trapping....maybe show the secret Malone Special
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/28/20 11:39 PM

I haven't trapped a beaver in so long i forgot what they look like, done turned into a nasty hog trapper, lol.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: "The Trapper" Magazine - 09/29/20 01:10 AM

Didn’t know....who took over your beaver duties?
Are you running the huge pens or snaring them?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums