Home

Coyote Market

Posted By: gkempf

Coyote Market - 08/28/20 06:58 PM

Hate to bring it up but what are your thoughts on the coyote market this season. Thanks
Posted By: red mt

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 07:35 PM

To early yet next week we will have better idea
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 08:58 PM

That would greatly depend on what part of the country you're taking coyotes from.
I've always said, " If Ohio's coyotes were as good as a 'Montana pale', I'd be a lot happier trapping them. "
Thing is though, they are not. There's a world of difference in the quality of the coyotes I catch and a Montana or southern Alberta pale. It's night and day !
Out here, a 'good coyote', means it's better than the rest of the pile...
Still worth trapping, at least, far better than raccoon.
Most of the money I make from coyotes is paid by a homeowner / landowner that wants them gone.
It takes a lot of 'Buckeye' coyote pelts to match the price paid for just one nuisance coyote.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 09:38 PM

I talked to the quest man the other day and he still has 400 coyotes to sell and so far he hasn't found a market.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 09:44 PM

Anybody know if there's a live market for wisconsin or if its legal. Or where I would even look for that kinda info
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I talked to the quest man the other day and he still has 400 coyotes to sell and so far he hasn't found a market.

Is he going to be longlining again this year
I remember reading somewhere that it had to be profitable or he couldn't do it.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_WI
Anybody know if there's a live market for wisconsin or if its legal. Or where I would even look for that kinda info

Is calling your local game warden an option?
Posted By: Mike Wilhite

Re: Coyote Market - 08/28/20 10:59 PM

Live market is not legal in WI.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by The Beav

Is he going to be longlining again this year
I remember reading somewhere that it had to be profitable or he couldn't do it.

Apparently he was not a real trapper who traps for fun. I guess there is two of us.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 03:22 PM

If I know Robert, he will be trapping. He will be getting paid one way or another. He doesn't just blindly trap like I do, since I'm retired! But I have learned a few things from him! lol
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 04:17 PM

not going to be a good year for coyote! 50% off on better coyotes than last years average.
Posted By: trapperne

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by wallfur
not going to be a good year for coyote! 50% off on better coyotes than last years average.

There is every reason for them to be cheaper but I wouldn’t bet on 50 percent drop, especially westerns but we will find out soon enough
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 06:10 PM

I'll be trapping em just like always, I owe the ranchers that courtesy.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 06:12 PM

I need to get more skilled so ill be in pursuit of them

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 07:36 PM

Could you elaborate on this?
But could be anybodies guess at this point.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 07:44 PM

In my professional opinion, coyote fur will be as valuable as any other wild fur. smile

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 08:20 PM

also expect traceablity with that 50% drop ..trapper will need signed affidavit to obtain those" better" prices
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 08:22 PM

I thought that traceability crap was ancient history. Haven’t anything about it until you brought it up just now.

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 08:25 PM

yup ....its crap

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 08:26 PM

also expect traceablity with that 50% drop ..trapper will need signed affidavit to obtain those better prices

Traceability has been coming thing,,,
You may be right I am no buyer like yourself .
like Tom told me do not be in a hurry to sell

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 08:31 PM

yes I agree alot going on as of now
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 09:26 PM

Traceaability has not gone away. Heard some folks who ought to know mention it at coyote days
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 09:28 PM

The word at coyote days was to get ready for traceability as it is coming like it or not.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 10:03 PM

Be a lot of $10 coyotes this season

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Be a lot of $10 coyotes this season

This is a year you better learn to flesh coyotes like coon and learn what fur brush is also the word.
Posted By: Marten Ted

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 11:35 PM

Forgive me for not knowing but what exactly does “traceability” mean? Is that like confirming that your coyotes were caught in a certain place or something?

Re: Coyote Market - 08/29/20 11:42 PM

So they can be traced back to you, if you caught them. Bunch of crap started by bunny huggers to make them feel better about wearing fur!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Coyote Market - 08/30/20 02:02 AM

I believe this is how the certification and traceabilty on fur started. The mink ranchers in Europe get a ton of heat and banned in Europe. So kopenhagen and the euro ranch people set up humane farming standards for their operations in Europe to appease the general public in Europe and give their buyers some cover. Since kepenhagen started this, which makes some sense for animals under complete human control, the whole industry basically has to end up playing the same stupid marketing game to put thier products on the same level of certification and traceability. Of course, in trapping this makes little sense, but it is what it is and really in the end your product will be the same and have a certification and traceabilty label attached which in essence is meaningless other than from a marketing angle. The new label will be as meaningless as the old " Origin Assured " label.

Re: Coyote Market - 08/30/20 02:33 AM

My version was the short version....still the same thing! grin

Re: Coyote Market - 08/30/20 03:12 AM

more smoke and mirrors

Re: Coyote Market - 08/30/20 03:36 AM

The way I heard it ,,, it's either traceable or unsaleable.??? Choices choices???
© 2024 Trapperman Forums