Home

Fha auction

Posted By: coonman220

Fha auction - 08/17/20 02:31 AM

Have not seen anything posted on upcoming auction , is this internet auction ?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 03:48 AM

No, they won't be having anymore internet auctions, is what I've been told. If truedope shuts down Canada again, they will try to have the sale at a later date, or try to set up buyers with brokers that can buy for them. What a mess to be in!
Posted By: Bob

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 05:40 AM

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing affects the fur prices. I predict that things like coon and beaver will take a crippling hit, but coyotes and lynx cats will still be strong. My logic is that most of the coyotes and bobcats go to higher end fashion and the folks who could afford them in the first place are the ones who haven’t been financially ruined by all this mess.

I’m just a dumb trapper though. I’m probably just using flawed logic to create hope for myself 😂
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 05:55 AM

In my opinion, buyers from outside Canada not being able to attend the sale in person is going to have an affect on what sells. Yes, a US buyer can work with a Canadian broker, but there are only a limited number of Canadian brokers. And some buyers like to look at the goods in person, especially when it comes to the fancy and top end goods. A buyer might feel comfortable having some one else look at and value a $100.00 Wolf. But if a buyer is interested in $500.00 wolves, they like to see for them selves.

On the internet auction back in April, they did ok on moving section III goods. Items you can buy sight unseen and still come out ok.

FH is in a tough spot, they almost have to sell some goods to collect commissions and fees so they can pay the bills. And there are any number of trappers that have had goods up there for 6 months that would really like to see a check.

The packing/handling fees that buyers pay on the goods they buy are a life saver for FH. Say you sell a badger for 25 cents. The 8.2% buyers commission isn’t going to go very far. 8.2% of 25 cents is .0205 - that is less than 3 cents. But that $3.00 packing/handling fee sure helps. That is why the packing/handling fees are set in stone. No room for negotiation what so ever!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 12:32 PM

Spot on Nancy. The buyers need to see the fur, that is why they're not doing the internet sale. Certainly in a spot, just like so many other businesses that have been ruined or nearly ruined by the covid crap. Actually the politics behind it!
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 02:05 PM

wissmiss do you think fh will be joining nafa in the near future takes money to keep things going
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 02:12 PM

As far as I know FHA is owned lock stock and barrel and has the support of the First Nations community. I'd bet they can weather the storm for some time yet.
Posted By: mink99

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 05:39 PM

From what I read it will be a live auction with only Canadian brokers. The border is shut down still. There has been some interest in this sale as some of the outside buyers have requested pictures and better descriptions of the lots on offer.
Posted By: Splicer

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 06:40 PM

If the border is shut down, how did all those US hockey teams make it to Toronto and Edmonton?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 06:45 PM

Fur has to be offered in some auction format first, before they can offer it PT. Internut auction worked for that.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 07:45 PM

My new fur just showed up as graded along with held over fur. Gonna be rich-rich-rich!!! LOL
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 08:36 PM

My grades are up beside the otter as well. Quick before the site crashes....go
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 08:46 PM

YES GOT THERE B4 IT CRASHED THIS TIME !!!!

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 09:24 PM

For coon that sold last auction, not many but good price. Someone stsrt rumor that same thing happen Nafa may happen in year to fha, I be scared ship them if so, why I didn't. No advance payment, lot gas investment trapping, an couldn't wait. If coon are not saleable this fall for lots them or like $3 average finish, what would have to loose by try fha. Either that or keep freezer full stretch coon, not a good idea for many months

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 09:34 PM

Yep
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Fha auction - 08/17/20 10:00 PM

mmm hmm

Re: Fha auction - 08/18/20 09:27 PM

Noone talk about auction much yet, not lit ppl on here in auction with goods. An summertime. Not a good time year fur

Re: Fha auction - 08/18/20 09:45 PM

NAFA'S where most of its at!!!

All joking aside if pcr2 can't decipher what u typed, I don't think anybody else is gonna. Just sayin!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Fha auction - 08/18/20 10:35 PM

I understood this much better than the tooth extraction and going to work afterwards.

Coonman, we'll see what's happening after the auction gets started. Probably not worth guessing until there's some real data to look at once the festivities start.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Fha auction - 08/18/20 11:05 PM

There is another thread about the upcoming FH auction. It might get some comments, as it talks about PT sales, etc. once all the catalogs are posted and everyone gets their lotting letters, there will probably be more discussion.

Here is a link to that thread.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...er-of-sale-and-press-release#Post6967727
© 2024 Trapperman Forums