Home

Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge?

Posted By: BillyTraps

Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 03:59 PM

https://www.rightwirereport.com/2020/07/26/sunday-thoughts-who-are-you-to-judge/
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 04:06 PM

one of my favorite pastors reminds us that every moment we spend passing judgement is a moment we did not spend making ourselves a better Christian.

I wish I was better at not calling stupid ideas stupid but some of the stuff we hear right now gets me in a reactionary mode.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 04:16 PM

As it should. Ignoring stupid and letting it slide is what got us where we are today.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
one of my favorite pastors reminds us that every moment we spend passing judgement is a moment we did not spend making ourselves a better Christian.

I wish I was better at not calling stupid ideas stupid but some of the stuff we hear right now gets me in a reactionary mode.

Nothng wrong with calling stupid ideas stupid. That isn't the kind of judging Jesus was talking about. As the article brings out he is actually in favor of us judging correctly. If we could not judge in the way most people miss read these passage to mean, we could not say anything was wrong. That would contradict, oh, pretty much the whole rest of the Bible.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 04:53 PM

Thanks PAskinner, that is a message I had missed, "judging correctly"
All the years momma took me to Sunday school and all the sermons I have heard, I never got that simple message.
Now I am wondering what else I missed.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 04:53 PM

In order to understand the WHOLE Bible and keep everything in context one must do real study on subjects of the Bible from front to back. I haven't had time to look at the link posted yet but I regularly see the judgment idea being held up in a little wider context that it was meant to be.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:35 PM

Unless you want to hang out with thieves and dope fiends you have to judge people. To say otherwise is just not true

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:39 PM

I had this very same discussion with the preacher next door awhile back. I was running off at the mouth, then said I probly shouldn't be judging people. He said "maybe we're just acknowledging the facts, rather than judging". I think he hit it.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Unless you want to hang out with thieves and dope fiends you have to judge people. To say otherwise is just not true

You been reading your Bible again Danny? Jk I do believe the Bible actually speaks directly on that very point of being mindful of who we allow in our enter most circle of friendship. Which as you stated requires judgment of others on are part.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:41 PM

God is the Ultimate Judge, but Jesus is our Defense Attorney and Bail Bondsman...HE paid the price for our transgressions.

We are not to condemn/judge others; that is God's role.

Our's is to spread the Good News, to whomever is willing to listen.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:42 PM

We make judgments every day. If you can not make judgments you better stay locked in your home. JMO
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:42 PM

We make judgments every day. If you can not make judgments you better stay locked in your home. JMO

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:44 PM

You can say that again!
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:45 PM

Christians that judge each other, or other religions should have better things to do.

If you have it going on with the truth, you have your own work to do.

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 08:56 PM

I guess we shouldn't be judging BLM, Antifa, rioters, looters, arsonists, then. They can do their thing.

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:02 PM

A 29 yr old girl in Norfolk NE was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend Friday. He was arrested, released on bail, and he went back and killed her within 12 hrs of the arrest. Should he not be judged? Just let him go on about his business, God will deal with him someday later down the road.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:09 PM

Gary,

the Bible never said there weren't legal consequences for our actions. God's children are called to not pass judgment on others' SALVATION, as we are not worthy to make that call.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:14 PM

And after not judging. Jesus told her to sin know more. Ooops The article forgot that part. Go figure.
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:39 PM

x2 on what Getting There said.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:47 PM

Like Jesus said, ‘Judge not, lest you be judged,'” or “Don’t judge me—if you were really a Christian you’d listen to Jesus when he said, ‘judge not.'” That is, the verse is often used to defend against any declaration that a given person’s behavior is wrong—frequently by the person having engaged in the behavior in question.

in the second verse in Mathew 7, which is never used with the first verse points out hypocrisy in judgement. Do not condemn a person involved in a homosexual act while you are having a sexual relationship out of wedlock. It is the same thing to God. In other words do not be doing something you are judging your neighbor of doing.

Mathew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

In the third verse of the same chapter you see this clearly if you first remove the plank. Scripture is full of verses saying we should judge good from evil and even a few more that say we should call sin out in a loving manner. I assume you would have to discern or yes judge.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Christians that judge each other, or other religions should have better things to do.

If you have it going on with the truth, you have your own work to do.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

1 Thessalonians 5:21
But test everything; hold fast what is good.

Colossians 2:8 ESV
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 09:59 PM

We in this country, especially the religious, have been told to stand down and not judge.
Romans 1:18-32 is a wonderful template to us from God, for the moral argument otherwise.

We witness morality waining in our nation.
Yet, the Christians are often sheltered in place from 150 years of humanistic (man = answers), and empiricism (experience = truth), actions telling them not to judge!
Plus, it's a civil duty to arrest, judge, and convict crimes against the state, and our governance is failing more and more on that aspect also.

So there seems to be many oars paddling in the wrong direction IMO.

I do know;
We are compelled by our faith to judge the sin.
Not the sinner.

The gap between these two is VERY wide, but too often neglected.

Blessings
Mark
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/26/20 11:16 PM

From what has been revealed to me through studying the Word, is that we are to judge a man by the fruits they bear.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/27/20 12:58 AM

LLtrapper nailed it.

There is a difference between judging and discernment. We are prohibited from condemning others, passing judgement on them. None of us is without sin so we are not in a position to look down on others for their sins. But...we are required to practice discernment - to know right from wron. We are even expected to address sin when we see it in other Christians - out of love and concern for them.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/27/20 01:36 AM

X2
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/27/20 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
A 29 yr old girl in Norfolk NE was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend Friday. He was arrested, released on bail, and he went back and killed her within 12 hrs of the arrest. Should he not be judged? Just let him go on about his business, God will deal with him someday later down the road.

I hope Nebraska has the death penalty. I worked in Norfolk and it is a nice little city but I do remember there being at least some rif raf out all night and sleeping all day.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/27/20 11:28 AM

Romans 12:2 says it all. LLL
Posted By: yaaintdeadyet

Re: Sunday Thoughts: Who Are You To Judge? - 07/27/20 01:35 PM

To discern is not judgement. We are told and led by a discerning Holy Spirit to discern our actions, situations and plans. As well as the same of others. Isn't it more appropriate to state "I discern from your actions" than to state "I judge from your actions"?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums