Home

Walmart Masks

Posted By: Ranger109

Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 03:49 PM

Walmart and Sam's clubs will require all persons entering to wear a face covering starting July 20.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 03:51 PM

Haven't shopped there in 15 years.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 04:21 PM

Good to know, I have an appointment with the eye Dr. in the local Walmart on Monday. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 04:57 PM

Walmart has been doing that here for months now. I tell them I have a medical condition and keep on walking. I'm done with masks.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 05:03 PM

Trump wore a mask the other day. Now the media is questioning the effectiveness of masks.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 05:16 PM

I have zero issues with a private business dictating to me what I should our should not wear in their establishment.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 05:20 PM

I agree with you Steve.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 05:26 PM

I go back work Monday at 1 pt job that layoff from at factory. At nite job,manadtory mask, I can barely stand it on where air cond a n work, in hot factory. Noway, can do it, to hot, I couldn't hack it, plus steam up saftey glasses. Impossible. I quit wear saftey glasses at nite an got risk disenfevtant in eye because bldg manager say got wesr mask , is cloth mask better than surgical for breathe though hot or glasses ? Where buy mask at Walmart that work ?
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 06:03 PM

I use a bandana. Lets most of the air go down so it doesnt fog my glasses as bad.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 06:04 PM

Wonder what would happen if you came in with a ski mask on?
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy

Seen people do it here, would have been arrested 3 or 4 months ago. Walmart here has required masks for months
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 07:21 PM

I have a few friends who are bankers. They especially love watching people walk into the bank with a mask and sunglasses. laugh

Is the Walmart decision a local or national one?
Posted By: k snow

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Patrice
I have a few friends who are bankers. They especially love watching people walk in to the bank with a mask and sunglasses. laugh

Is the Walmart decision a local or national one?

My wife works in a bank. She hates not being able to see people's faces.

National decision.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I agree with you Steve.

Don't misunderstand my point Carl, I'm not going to wear one. I'll exercise my free right not to patronize those establishments.

I figure if the government mandates I wear one indoors I'm a gonna save a pile of money. I've been practicing this social distancing concept most of my life, I'll just perfect it and not spend a nickle other than groceries.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 07:44 PM

Just ordered all of the parts online for the brakes all around on my truck. Not that it's a walmart thing but my point is, if you want to bug me about a mask, I'll spend my money else ware. Local auto parts stores just lost out on $350
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 08:15 PM

Anybody with 1/2 a brain has been doing so all along! The kid's that work there, wear there's on their chins.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy

Or a clown Halloween mask
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 08:25 PM

Where best mask buy at Walmart ?masks suck , this covid stuff is quite wierd. Don't know anyone got it, or heard nowhere. Except news, like invisible
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 08:29 PM

The invisible man got it!!!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 09:15 PM

My Aunt Linda caught Covid-19 in a nursing home, Koester Pavillion. Her daughter, my Cousin Mandy and Mandy's daughter Brooklyn caught it from Linda. Mandy's husband never caught it. None of them knew they had it until months later when they tested all the people in the nursing home. A large number of people from that nursing home died from Covid-19, but a much larger number of people caught it and never knew they had it, until tested afterwards.

I don't mind wearing a mask on the rare occasion I'm in a store. Masks are fairly effective and not very inconvienent. I don't want to get sick and I don't want to make anyone else sick either. If I get sick, I can't in good conscience sell anything for at least 2 weeks. I don't want to take the hit to my income.

Keith
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 09:29 PM

When it's 90+ degrees, I guaranasstee you the kids pushing the carts in from the parking lot at Menards and Walmart don't have that mask covering their mouth and nose.
Posted By: Craig C

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 09:33 PM

In Western Pennsylvania about 70% of the people in Walmart wear mask.

The PA Secretary Of Health's Directive #11 states, that If you have a medical condition, no mask is required and HIPPA Rules say you cannot ask the person what the medical condition is.

In addition, only about 25% of the people wearing masks, wear them properly! Many shirts pulled up of mouths, sometime, handkerchief's only going over the mouth, masks down around the neck.

The people making these mandates are living in an another world thinking people are adhering let alone thinking it can ever be enforced. It is just creating tension for the store employees and confrontations.

Sheetz convenient store has address this well, their sign says "If your not wearing a mask, we assume you have a medical reason." This takes the unnecessary tension and confrontations away.
Posted By: .204

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 09:49 PM

Well that is the least of my worries.Our Gov just mandated masks in public statewide! Oh Montana!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
When it's 90+ degrees, I guaranasstee you the kids pushing the carts in from the parking lot at Menards and Walmart don't have that mask covering their mouth and nose.

Outside it doesn't matter.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger109
Walmart and Sam's clubs will require all persons entering to wear a face covering starting July 20.

Unless you have a medical condition.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I have zero issues with a private business dictating to me what I should our should not wear in their establishment.

I agree, just like I think bar owners should dictate whether smoking be allowed or not in their establishment. Btw I don’t smoke but I do support free market capitalism.

Likewise businesses should be allowed to not require masks in cities where unconstitutional mask wearing orders, like that of governor Evers’ In wi, are being instated.

The Supreme Court has already told this twit he don’t have the authority for this kind of nazi rule
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/15/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Originally Posted by Ranger109

Unless you have a medical condition.

That little medical alert has to be in full display on your wrist to have this one pass by.
But then you can be like our Premier who was photographed in a airport not wearing.....his excuse.....lack poor judgment at the time...sorry
Posted By: Art S

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 03:50 PM

July 3rd

Posted By: washxc

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 04:01 PM

Can someone explain this to me?

The CDC says that to transmit the virus you have to be within 6 feet of someone for approximately 15 minutes. How many times have you stood within a few feet of a stranger in Wal-Mart for 15 minutes? I can do all my shopping in 15 minutes and not be near someone for more than 15 seconds.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 04:53 PM

I just got back from vacation to the north carolina coast and we didn't go out much except fishing and to the beach but we did make a grocery run the first day to Wal-Mart, and on the way in I put on a mask for one of the first times and right before I walked in I went to spit out my Copenhagen and forgot I had a mask on, well I spit Copenhagen all over my fool selve
Posted By: charles

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 05:15 PM

glad I am not a WalMart cashier.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 05:55 PM

The reason Wal-Mart is going to make it mandatory for mask is all the health departments are getting complains from people about the employees not wearing their mask right or complains about other customers not wearing a mask. So cry baby's are causing problems for the normal folk
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 06:01 PM

There are 30 million sheep in New Zealand and only 4.5 million people.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 06:03 PM

ABC news must be broken a little common sense leaked out.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by washxc
Can someone explain this to me?

The CDC says that to transmit the virus you have to be within 6 feet of someone for approximately 15 minutes. How many times have you stood within a few feet of a stranger in Wal-Mart for 15 minutes? I can do all my shopping in 15 minutes and not be near someone for more than 15 seconds.

I don't know why anyone would ever again believe anything the liars at the CDC say.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/16/20 11:09 PM

Obviously you can't catch the Rona at Wal-Mart or Sams Club before the 20th, so go now!
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/17/20 12:00 AM

In addition to the whole masks thing I just saw that walmart pledged $100 million to BLM. No shortage of reasons to shop somewhere else...
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/17/20 12:01 AM

Heard this. I haven't put one on yet. Haven't been to Wal-Mart since I bought my hunting and trapping lic last year.
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/17/20 12:02 AM

Lol
Posted By: 1crazytrapper

Re: Walmart Masks - 07/17/20 01:48 AM

This whole mask thing is a joke. Libby feel good thing that has no scientific proof of working. I made a mask out of window screen and will wear that. That does just as much good as a hanky or any other mask. Total b.s. all of it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums