Home

Snare bag?

Posted By: BuckeyeYote

Snare bag? - 07/02/20 10:52 PM

Now that JC Conners is no longer making a heavy duty snare bag, what are some alternatives?
Gary Jepson carries a large leather type bag In his snaring dvd.

Thanks
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Snare bag? - 07/02/20 11:38 PM

I use a tool belt. Newt Sterling gave me the idea at a demo once. Hands free no lugging a bag, everything is right there in your tool belt.

Ready to set. I use suspenders with mine.

Attached picture 5558D4B3-FF20-4CFB-8A68-9C42F4621858.jpeg
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Snare bag? - 07/02/20 11:42 PM

Get a Reusable shopping bag and put a strap on it.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Snare bag? - 07/03/20 12:06 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Snare bag? - 07/03/20 12:35 AM

Law Dog - I’ve used a draw string type backpack for a couple years it worked ok but didn’t handle any moisture well and is in bad shape now, looking to move up to something nicer.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Snare bag? - 07/03/20 01:43 AM

I would much rather have a shoulder strap bag than one I had to carry. I ran a leg snare line one year and had a tear drop shaped back pack with one strap that went across your back. It had a smaller pocket I could keep cutters pliers in. Stake were the worst part.
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: Snare bag? - 07/03/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by bctomcat
[Linked Image]

I carry a bag like that on my snare line. Comes in handy carrying different snares wire other parts.

Re: Snare bag? - 07/03/20 12:05 PM

Does anyone have a used JC Conners bag they would part with?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 01:49 AM

Cool post
Posted By: Boco

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 02:08 AM

i dont need a snarebag.a few dozen snares goes over the bike handlebars or skidoo handlebars easy.Out of the way and never tangle on anything.Grab a few and go in and set.
Roll of 14 ga wire in the jacket pocket,and a pair of loppers to trim brush and cut wire when setting.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 02:29 AM

My cat bag same idea lots of Velcro straps and pockets well made.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 02:38 AM

This is only my 3rd year trapping. I've mostly refined my system to this:

Most of the time I carry everything in my coat pockets. I tried a framer's rig but the pockets weren't deep enough for my coiled snares. Snares and extension cables are coiled in sets of 2 or 3 in separate zip lock bags in my pockets.

I keep a 5 gallon bucket with a bucket boss in the truck with all the stuff I might need but don't use a lot. I will occasionally grab that bucket if I'm walking far so I don't have to come back to the truck for something. I also often set DPs at the same time so I carry the bucket for that. I keep the bucket as light as possible.

I rarely use stakes since I can usually find a tree or something else to cable to for the anchor. That cuts down on carried weight by a lot.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 02:50 AM

Shoulder sling bags would work well. I have a Connor bag so I'm not lookong for anything else in this lifetime most likely.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 03:23 AM

https://www.pcsoutdoors.com/Forsyth-Trappers-Companion-Snare-Bag.aspx

Click on link above. Forsyth now makes a snare bag. It might interest you.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Snare bag? - 01/24/22 02:18 PM

check out furcountrylures.com john graham makes bags that might work for you
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Snare bag? - 01/25/22 01:30 PM

John Graham makes a great trapping bag.
Posted By: ohiosnareman

Re: Snare bag? - 01/25/22 03:04 PM

I was at a large charity flea market a few years back and they had a pile of laptop computer bags . Several heavy duty ones with straps and several compartments .At fifty cents each . I got a couple and they work fine for snare bags . They also had some camera bags with lots of built in pockets . Work out well for lure , bait and other gear .
Posted By: bowhunterks

Re: Snare bag? - 01/25/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat_trapper
Originally Posted by bctomcat
[Linked Image]

I carry a bag like that on my snare line. Comes in handy carrying different snares wire other parts.

I also use one like this for a snare bag, I also have bigger one that I use as a bait and lure bag, some of these bags come with shoulder straps.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Snare bag? - 01/25/22 03:43 PM

I wear a fly fishing/hunting vest, has enough large pockets and you can put bigger items in the game pouch
© 2024 Trapperman Forums