Home

Jesus is Racist

Posted By: Anonymous

Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 02:19 AM

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/22/shaun-king-says-jesus-images-a-form-of-white-supre/
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 02:25 AM

"In the Bible, when the family of Jesus wanted to hide, and blend in, guess where they went? EGYPT! Not Denmark. Tear them down.”"

Are they suggesting Egyptians were black?
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 02:34 AM

I like it when they keep opening there mouths. As the old saying goes. Better to be thought of a dumb but. Then to open up your mouth and remove all doubt.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 02:34 AM

Turn the other cheek when they start breaking out stained glass murals and burning down churches and putting nooses around statues of Jesus.

Or you can sell your cloak and buy a sword.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 03:00 AM

My sword spits lead!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 03:10 AM

Same + I got a little dagger I have gotten pretty good with.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
"In the Bible, when the family of Jesus wanted to hide, and blend in, guess where they went? EGYPT! Not Denmark. Tear them down.”"

History is continuously rewritten. The Afrocentrism movement intentionally created the Egyptians were black myth to give young black people pride. I have several books written by the founders of the Afrocentrism movement that explain exactly how and what they set out to do. Besides being a lie, it was not a bad idea to try to build up the psyche of young blacks.

For a very long time it was accepted as fact that Jesus's wife, Mary Magdalene, daughter and son went with Jesus's sons later father in law, Joseph of Arimethea and the rest of his family to stay with Joseph's relatives, who had immigrated to Wales and Scotland to buy raw goods, including precious metals and furs, to send back to the more civilized parts of the Roman Empire, 3 generations before.

Jesus's descendants married in with the descendants of Odin Dorson, who is mostly known as the God Odin now. Much of Europe's royalty and many thousands of other people are descendants of Jesus including most US Presidents. The divine right of kings came from being the descendants of Jesus.

The Catholic church's popes discredited Mary Magdalene and Jesus's descendants to maintain power. Now most people don't believe what was accepted as fact for over a thousand years.

Of course those facts could have been falsely created too.

Keith
Posted By: warrior

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

History is continuously rewritten. The Afrocentrism movement intentionally created the Egyptians were black myth to give young black people pride. I have several books written by the founders of the Afrocentrism movement that explain exactly how and what they set out to do. Besides being a lie, it was not a bad idea to try to build up the psyche of young blacks.

For a very long time it was accepted as fact that Jesus's wife, Mary Magdalene, daughter and son went with Jesus's sons later father in law, Joseph of Arimethea and the rest of his family to stay with Joseph's relatives, who had immigrated to Wales and Scotland to buy raw goods, including precious metals and furs, to send back to the more civilized parts of the Roman Empire, 3 generations before.

Jesus's descendants married in with the descendants of Odin Dorson, who is mostly known as the God Odin now. Much of Europe's royalty and many thousands of other people are descendants of Jesus including most US Presidents. The divine right of kings came from being the descendants of Jesus.

The Catholic church's popes discredited Mary Magdalene and Jesus's descendants to maintain power. Now most people don't believe what was accepted as fact for over a thousand years.

Keith

I hope your just throwing out a hypothetical because I've never seen any of that in any sort of serious historical work.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 05:22 AM

Check out the pedigrees on www.familysearch.org

Saint Peter started the attack on Mary Magdalene. Read Luke. Mary paid for Jesus's ministry and was his favorite. She was a wealthy woman from a very wealthy family, not a prostitute. She had the closest relationship with Jesus. St. Peter was very upset by this.

Jesus would not be called rabbi under Jewish Law, if he was not married.

Pope Gregory the Great in the 6th century tried to finish her and Jesus's descendants reputations off to rest control from the European kings and emperors descended from them.

https://www.usnews.com/news/religio...ne-was-none-of-the-things-a-pope-claimed

Don't take my word for it search it online.

The major Christian religions don't want people to know about Jesus's descendants because they would likely lose power.

Being of Scottish descent, there is a fair chance you yourself, Warrior, are a descendant of Jesus if you have Stewart, Bruce, Sinclair or Campbell ancestry.

Keith
Posted By: James

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 05:26 AM

Hey, Keith, there's always room at Stonecoast (where I'm working on my MFA) for another fantasy writer. lol

Jim

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 05:35 AM

None of the above. The MacLeods are one of the norse clans of the Hebrides.

Besides, everyone knows to never trust a Campbell.

As for the rest, well that's just nonsense. The historical record shows that the four gospels and new testament were written before 70AD well within living memory of eye witnesses and are cooberated by non canonical and secular writings of the early first century. Matter of fact there is more extant writings and archeological evidence supporting the biblical record of Jesus than there is for most historical figures of His time.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 05:45 AM

Jesus's son was Yeshuah-JOSEPH Yuz Asaf. Just look it up. There is a huge amount of documentation. Some of the Christians take it down as fast as they can, because it does not fit into their world view that Jesus was divine. Until the 6th century, it was common knowledge.

Jesus's name was Yeshua too. We just Anglicized it.

Keith

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by James
Hey, Keith, there's always room at Stonecoast (where I'm working on my MFA) for another fantasy writer. lol

Jim

Thanks Jim. My father has written science fiction for years and more now that he is retired. I have always preferred fantasy myself, though I have read many hundreds of science fiction books. I should start writing again myself.

There is a fair amount of evidence that Jesus did have children, which some people have incorporated into fiction, notably Tom Brown, but it does not make that evidence untrue.

A quick search online will pop up more evidence than you want to look at.

I, like you, think the main goal of organized religion is to control human behavior. I am religious still anyway though.

Keith

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 06:40 AM

I prefer science fiction myself.

I'd like to hear what Mark June has to say about your posts here.

Jim

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 10:18 AM

Gnosticism heresy is all it is.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 10:20 AM

pigs butt pork
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 10:30 AM

i dont know what happened to jesus or if he was even a real person, but the story of his survivors fleeing the country is a lot more believable than a deity rose from the dead to save you from flaws he created
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 10:43 AM

On my..
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:03 AM

Racist?...lol..how can that be when the Bible approves of interracial marriage?

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
Racist?...lol..how can that be when the Bible approves of interracial marriage?

I think it's only white Jesus that's racist. A statue of black Jesus is okay. If I understand it right.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:24 AM

If Jesus don’t like you, you’re in deep doo-doo.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:24 AM

What makes them think Jesus was white? Aren't whites/caucasians of European decent? Jesus was born in the middle east and had darker skin than today's whites.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:52 AM

Check out any picture of the Palestinians, which are semites too, That's what Jesus looked like.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:00 PM

There was no J's in the first King James Bible. James was spelled Iames. Jesus was spelled Iesous.

What was the The Da Vinci Code about anyway. I think there may be some that think if you are not of the actual blood line of Iesous and Mary then you have no shot at Heaven. That kinda puts a damper on the "whosoever will or whosoever shall" scripture.

I have read where much of this was the coming of the antichrist back in the 1500's. And the numbering of the 666 which isn't an actual number at all. Wonder if when the actual weigh in comes how many will be found lite.

I guess it leaves the question , Does the Holy Spirit lead us or not?
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:14 PM

Check out the pedigrees on www.familysearch.org

Saint Peter started the attack on Mary Magdalene. Read Luke. Mary paid for Jesus's ministry and was his favorite. She was a wealthy woman from a very wealthy family, not a prostitute. She had the closest relationship with Jesus. St. Peter was very upset by this.

Jesus would not be called rabbi under Jewish Law, if he was not married.

Pope Gregory the Great in the 6th century tried to finish her and Jesus's descendants reputations off to rest control from the European kings and emperors descended from them.

https://www.usnews.com/news/religio...ne-was-none-of-the-things-a-pope-claimed

Don't take my word for it search it online.

The major Christian religions don't want people to know about Jesus's descendants because they would likely lose power.

Being of Scottish descent, there is a fair chance you yourself, Warrior, are a descendant of Jesus if you have Stewart, Bruce, Sinclair or Campbell ancestry.

Keith

Lol. total hogwash.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Gnosticism heresy is all it is.

Exactly. The Gnostics basically came out with their own version of fictional events that don't fit with what the actual Apostles said.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:18 PM

Anyone here want to make the switch to Muhammad? When you tear one belief down, it will most likely be replaced by another!

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:34 PM

"Don't take my word for it search it online."

LOL just about spit my bacon and eggs over that one!

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
There was no J's in the first King James Bible. James was spelled Iames. Jesus was spelled Iesous.

What was the The Da Vinci Code about anyway. I think there may be some that think if you are not of the actual blood line of Lesous and Mary then you have no shot at Heaven. That kinda puts a damper on the "whosoever will or whosoever shall" scripture.

I have read where much of this was the coming of the antichrist back in the 1500's. And the numbering of the 666 which isn't an actual number at all. Wonder if when the actual weigh in comes how many will be found lite.

You should get a copy of the first King James Bible and see that you are wrong. There were even Js in the translations prior to the King James.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 12:53 PM

Keith

I was under the impression that the divine right of kings was due to being "promoted" or given that position directly from God. Do you have any sources I can read into?

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 01:05 PM

I also find it amusing when people say that Jesus' name is really Yeshua. Well, yeah, did you not realize that the Bible we read was translated into English? I wonder if they are thinking that the King James was the very first version of the Bible?

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 01:18 PM

Anyone here want to make the switch to Muhammad? When you tear one belief down, it will most likely be replaced by another!

Muslims kill people who convert to Christianity, but no Christian ever converts to Islam without being forced by threat of death. That should tell you all you need to know about the two.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 01:19 PM

"Of course those facts could have been falsely created too"

Another round of LOL. If they were falsely created, then they wouldn't be facts now would they?

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 01:20 PM

Jim

James,

Just poking into TMan for a moment this morning and I see that the DeVinci Code movie has legs.
I'm bottling lures this week, as I've been away trapping for weeks, and I have a mid-term exam on Friday on the Doctrine of God, the orthodox history of our faith. It's a goodin' as far as bulk of material.

That said, I'll read the entire thread (just peeked at the first few) and maybe weight in later.
Some seems a bit off kilter at first peek.

Blessings
Mark

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

What was the The Da Vinci Code about anyway. I think there may be some that think if you are not of the actual blood line of Lesous and Mary then you have no shot at Heaven. That kinda puts a damper on the "whosoever will or whosoever shall" scripture.

You should get a copy of the first King James Bible and see that you are wrong. There were even Js in the translations prior to the King James.

Lol, I've heard some great discussions on the little word "is" and what the meaning of it was. I wondered if just a little 2 letter word is that complicated then what about those great big words. Never the less I may have been mistaken that there is no smaller things to argue about and in fact it may be the letter "J", lol. That's why I set out to discover and attain knowledge of everything that's in all books. I can sum it up in two words, pictures & words. Actually I prefer the ones with more pitchers, lol.,

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 10:50 PM

Methinks Keith is getting taste of what it's like to be James. (Not in the Bible James.) Undeservedly so.

I will say that I have to agree, as I usually do on religious matters, with Danny. Looked at objectively, Keith's version is more probable than the Resurrection and ascent into the clouds. There is a principle of logic known as Occam's Razor that says when there are more than one alternative explanations for an event or phenomenon, the simplest and most ordinary explanation is probably true. Unusual, and especially extraordinary phenomena, require a higher standard of proof to overcome the presumption.

Occam's Razor is used by all of us frequently, whether or not we know it. It's part of common sense. But religious faith suspends common sense.

Keith, I suggest you recheck the evidence behind your explanation. That such a complex ancestry and explanation could survive two thousand years without scholarly notice or common knowledge also violates Occam's Razor.

Jim

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:02 PM

Did anybody read the link? It wasn't about Gnosticism. Lol.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
What makes them think Jesus was white? Aren't whites/caucasians of European decent? Jesus was born in the middle east and had darker skin than today's whites.

Probably looked similar to a modern day Palestinian.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

They obviously did not and they obviously did not check out the very well vetted and researched website www.familysearch.com

People disbelieve what doesn't fit into their world view despite all the evidence.

Keith

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:41 PM

the only way to search on that ancestry site is to create a "free" account. I get enough spam emails and phone calls now
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

They obviously did not and they obviously did not check out the very well vetted and researched website www.familysearch.com

People disbelieve what doesn't fit into their world view despite all the evidence.

Keith

Has it not dawned on you that in today's time u can find "evidence" to support any view u want? Or do I need to show you evidence to help u see that.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:49 PM

The thread name was Jesus is racist. White Jesus statues. Etc...... Jesus for me is dying on the cross. No reference to color/status/or wealth. Dying for our sins. Now if one worships idols ( the golden calf). Then yes Jesus has color. The devil is busy this year for sure.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:56 PM

[Linked Image]

so you like this picture better?

Then there is this:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:57 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/23/20 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June

Jim

James,

Just poking into TMan for a moment this morning and I see that the DeVinci Code movie has legs.
I'm bottling lures this week, as I've been away trapping for weeks, and I have a mid-term exam on Friday on the Doctrine of God, the orthodox history of our faith. It's a goodin' as far as bulk of material.

That said, I'll read the entire thread (just peeked at the first few) and maybe weight in later.
Some seems a bit off kilter at first peek.

Blessings
Mark

I'm just glad that you're bottling lure. The only lure I'll use. Thanks Mark!
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

so you like this picture better?

Then there is this:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

Close, but not quite. I don't really believe the Shroud of Turin is what it is claimed to be... But whoever made it did their homework. The image on it is likely a fairly accurate representation of a Jewish tradesman of that time and region.

Personally I always figured he looked a lot like Victor French when he played Mr. Edwards on Little House. Lol

And contrary to popular belief, it's my opinion that he was a stone mason not a carpenter. But that's just me.

Mike

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 12:55 AM

I don't care what HE looks like...HE died for my sins and that's enough for me...
And rose the 3rd day, and "soon" I'll see what he looks like...

Donnie
Posted By: remrogers

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 01:54 AM

Sounds like black racism.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 11:34 AM

Interesting thread at many levels TMan'ers. The title of the thread, proclaimed by just another Communist party member cloaked in a BLM T-shirt, who has probably been to Venezuela to see how they overthrew that once most prosperous (in a modern era sense) nation, to make it a 3rd world hellinous place on earth (except for those called elites), fits the Marxist format. Topple history. Topple religion. Nationalize property. Eliminate local police. Implement nation military against the rebellious. Re-educate the masses. Re-build a nation from within in their image of what should be according to ?? (it gets diverse at this point).

It's pretty much out in the open for anyone who knows anarchy and it's history. Who knows, they may demonstrate soon for the name of this site, as there's no alphabet in the name Trapperman, only one gender. grin

As for the rest of the religious comments, I'm no expert. I'm a 2nd year student at a major evangelical, non-denominational, seminary's 4 year degree program, so I've got quite a fair distance to go, keeping an open mind, and heart as best I can as I go along. But I love history, so I've heavied up on my historical theology courses thus far, and it does help me answer the world gone wild videos we see before us. It's happening other places other than the USA. And Christianity is always in the crosshairs of the anarchist. There is good reason for that. The Christian faith has been the dominant world faith a very long time and for another god to rise up, another must be vanquished. Time magazine declared God dead in 1968, but some of y'all just won't read the tea leaves. GOD IS DEAD! Long live Caesar, or whoever the world says is god. Like I wrote earlier;

Tthere have been many men who sought to be God.
There has only been one God who sought to be man.

That right there, could be an intriguing proof of God, if you park on it awhile. Did a bunch of really good story tellers get together and invent this guy, Jesus and His Father and His Spirit? If they did, they invented the only God there's ever been who doesn't demand you serve him. Every other, and I mean all other gods demand servitude. Like the anarchists demand of all of us now. We will bow down! Allah is Lord, you will serve him. Interesting; we love the only God that says we are His and He serves us in so many way and we are not forced to bow before him. We can if we want, but we aren't commanded.

Is it any wonder Christians have been persecuted throughout much of history. You can't serve man, if you're always bible-thumping about some dead rabbi who you say rose from the grave. James says in the marvels of finite thinkers, it can't be so. But Christians say, there is a world bigger than all we know.

So we are all allowed to place faith where we will. In a new tomorrow with the history of this nation erased so we can start over. In a belief that what we see is all there is. In many things. We all have faith. We all place it somewhere. I, and many more, place it in faith that seeks to understand, because understanding to get to faith in God never works.

As I was driving on the 20 square mile trap line in my Kawasaki buggy, in gosh awful heat last week, I was deep thinking on all the diversity that was around me. Dung beetles, ants by the score, birds, fish in the lakes, cactus blooming, and 1,000,000 other things I was looking at and loving to work around. Oh, and those pesky coyotes too. And I thought, I'm glad the designer in charge (not BLM or Pelosi) has it all going on. I have NO IDEA how it all works, after a lifetime of being in it and researching it, and in a way faith is probably supposed to be that way; believing in what you can not see with your eyes, but with your heart. Maybe if you made something as big and marvelous as the galaxies, you'd have that same plan?

Oh and as far as KeithC and his comments.
It'd be considered unorthodox, in that it is not the doctrine of the Christian faith, or any modern day sect form of it.

Back to the stinky room I go today to make the donuts (Flat 365, Fox Frenzy, and Widowmaker).
Gotta pay that darn banker man/woman/??

Blessings y'all!
Mark

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
The thread name was Jesus is racist. White Jesus statues. Etc...... Jesus for me is dying on the cross. No reference to color/status/or wealth. Dying for our sins. Now if one worships idols ( the golden calf). Then yes Jesus has color. The devil is busy this year for sure.

Agreed stinky pete.
Satan believes in God and may even know how the story is going to play out.
But like man, he figures he can rewrite the end times where he alone is victorious.

My wife and I actually watched a bit of the news last night and then after an hour or so, turned it off. We both felt yucky watching all this negative, negative, negative.
Donna asked me, "Where is the hope in all this weirdness?"

I told my lovely bride,
"Well God loves incredible odds." David against the Palestine. Gideon and his 300. It's not Scripture, but maybe America? We as a nation emerged victorious against the super power of the day - Great Britain. Pretty poor odds against the colonials, most of whom sympathized with the British Empire.

He is always using incredible odds to assure us, who is God.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 11:57 AM

Seeing how He was GOD, He could have looked like whatever He wanted to and when He wanted to.

He apparently had no issues with doing this as He hid whom He was after the resurrection as He traveled with ones that would know Him.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 11:15 PM

Thank you Blaine County,

That's why I'm immune to Covid. I've been inoculating myself in the stinky room for almost 40 years.
smile
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 11:35 PM

Interesting thread at many levels TMan'ers. The title of the thread, proclaimed by just another Communist party member cloaked in a BLM T-shirt, who has probably been to Venezuela to see how they overthrew that once most prosperous (in a modern era sense) nation, to make it a 3rd world hellinous place on earth (except for those called elites), fits the Marxist format. Topple history. Topple religion. Nationalize property. Eliminate local police. Implement nation military against the rebellious. Re-educate the masses. Re-build a nation from within in their image of what should be according to ?? (it gets diverse at this point).

It's pretty much out in the open for anyone who knows anarchy and it's history. Who knows, they may demonstrate soon for the name of this site, as there's no alphabet in the name Trapperman, only one gender. grin

As for the rest of the religious comments, I'm no expert. I'm a 2nd year student at a major evangelical, non-denominational, seminary's 4 year degree program, so I've got quite a fair distance to go, keeping an open mind, and heart as best I can as I go along. But I love history, so I've heavied up on my historical theology courses thus far, and it does help me answer the world gone wild videos we see before us. It's happening other places other than the USA. And Christianity is always in the crosshairs of the anarchist. There is good reason for that. The Christian faith has been the dominant world faith a very long time and for another god to rise up, another must be vanquished. Time magazine declared God dead in 1968, but some of y'all just won't read the tea leaves. GOD IS DEAD! Long live Caesar, or whoever the world says is god. Like I wrote earlier;

Tthere have been many men who sought to be God.
There has only been one God who sought to be man.

That right there, could be an intriguing proof of God, if you park on it awhile. Did a bunch of really good story tellers get together and invent this guy, Jesus and His Father and His Spirit? If they did, they invented the only God there's ever been who doesn't demand you serve him. Every other, and I mean all other gods demand servitude. Like the anarchists demand of all of us now. We will bow down! Allah is Lord, you will serve him. Interesting; we love the only God that says we are His and He serves us in so many way and we are not forced to bow before him. We can if we want, but we aren't commanded.

Is it any wonder Christians have been persecuted throughout much of history. You can't serve man, if you're always bible-thumping about some dead rabbi who you say rose from the grave. James says in the marvels of finite thinkers, it can't be so. But Christians say, there is a world bigger than all we know.

So we are all allowed to place faith where we will. In a new tomorrow with the history of this nation erased so we can start over. In a belief that what we see is all there is. In many things. We all have faith. We all place it somewhere. I, and many more, place it in faith that seeks to understand, because understanding to get to faith in God never works.

As I was driving on the 20 square mile trap line in my Kawasaki buggy, in gosh awful heat last week, I was deep thinking on all the diversity that was around me. Dung beetles, ants by the score, birds, fish in the lakes, cactus blooming, and 1,000,000 other things I was looking at and loving to work around. Oh, and those pesky coyotes toyouo. And I thought, I'm glad the designer in charge (not BLM or Pelosi) has it all going on. I have NO IDEA how it all works, after a lifetime of being in it and researching it, and in a way faith is probably supposed to be that way; believing in what you can not see with your eyes, but with your heart. Maybe if you made something as big and marvelous as the galaxies, you'd have that same plan?

Oh and as far as KeithC and his comments.
It'd be considered unorthodox, in that it is not the doctrine of the Christian faith, or any modern day sect form of it.

Back to the stinky room I go today to make the donuts (Flat 365, Fox Frenzy, and Widowmaker).
Gotta pay that darn banker man/woman/??

Blessings y'all!
Mark

You should probably keep with that. You can tell from your post before you joined Jesus, till now, you are still you. If your gonna go, then go, because it's apparent you don't have the heart.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/24/20 11:38 PM

Not sure I follow your thought Catch22?
Where am I suppose to go to?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 12:46 AM

Not sure I follow your thought Catch22?
Where am I suppose to go to?

In my humble opinion, from a man that was raised in Christ and the Church,(but walked away) you just keep getting in your way. Stop proclaiming yourself, your comment about Keith gave it away. Mark, you just seem to me to continually come across as holier than thou where you should be doing the opposite. Seriously you were a tool before you went to seminary and I'm no one but if your there and accepted Christ, then "oh and as far as" don't cut it. This may be a Kentucky perspective, now in Ohio. So to answer in fully your question, where should I go, "Jesus". If you follow Jesus they're shouldn't be talking down to, just lifting up.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 01:00 AM

WOW !!!

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 01:02 AM

I disagree with Catch 22. I don't find Mark to be holier-than-thou or looking down on anyone. Nor is he a Bible thumper.

I'm sensitive to that kind of thing, and I just don't sense it in Mark.

Jim
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 01:10 AM

Thank you , James, I agree one hundred percent, with your assessment.

Mark is very humble and joy to have as a friend.

Charlie

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 01:15 AM

Catch22,

Sorry you feel this way brother.
I don't know how you're able to judge a fellow follower's heart by the sentence you reference, but I meant it as; "my next comment is in reference to this..." Nothing deeper than that.
I stand on my comments; Keith's views are not the Protestant or Roman Catholic Orthodoxy of the last 2,000 years. That is not a derogatory, but a summary fact. I don't judge any man, but the views he wrote about are not traditionally held by the Christian church.

The two Doctrine's of God, that the Church as a whole has affirmed, since not long after the ascension are;

Trinitarianism.
Christology.

I attempted to humbly insert that into the conversation.

Blessings
Mark

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 01:15 AM

Never had those thoughts about Mark, just think he types purty.
Posted By: dkrug

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Donnie H
WOW !!!

I agree what a testimony!
Mark is answering his call.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 03:38 AM

I still remember the lovey dovey days back in the 60's and I don't think it played out too well. I had an old timer tell me that if I was going to stand for God I would need skin as thick as a rhino. We have to constantly fight to go upstream. Dead fish only float one way, down stream. We have become a society that likes the feel good religion. Some of us have the brylcreem religion and a little dab will do ya. We still have a few people that still don't waver like a reed in the running water. In times like these we need people that know what they believe and willing to practice it. Many churches now days have more back seat drivers than actual drivers. I think they like the risk reward ratio. They risk little and take the benefits when things go right and when things don't go right, then blame the preacher!

We have too many not willing to stand by God's fundamentals. That's the reason why when the gays want in the pulpit, there is no moral majority so it has to be brought to a vote. Really, does God no longer have any conditions. Most of the time when God says "if" then there is a condition. God uses people out on the front line and he uses people like the young, weak and old to stay behind and take care of the stuff. And when everything works to God's praise then all will share in the bounty equally. We are living strange times and the poor seem to have wood god's and the rich have their gold and silver god's. Where some would like to turn this world upside down with the tearing down and upheaval to turn us to strange god's. I don't think we need lovey dovey people with pacifiers but men who are willing to stand for their fundamental beliefs!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 03:54 AM

Thanks be to God!

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 11:35 AM

I still remember the lovey dovey days back in the 60's and I don't think it played out too well. I had an old timer tell me that if I was going to stand for God I would need skin as thick as a rhino. We have to constantly fight to go upstream. Dead fish only float one way, down stream. We have become a society that likes the feel good religion. Some of us have the brylcreem religion and a little dab will do ya. We still have a few people that still don't waver like a reed in the running water. In times like these we need people that know what they believe and willing to practice it. Many churches now days have more back seat drivers than actual drivers. I think they like the risk reward ratio. They risk little and take the benefits when things go right and when things don't go right, then blame the preacher!

We have too many not willing to stand by God's fundamentals. That's the reason why when the gays want in the pulpit, there is no moral majority so it has to be brought to a vote. Really, does God no longer have any conditions. Most of the time when God says "if" then there is a condition. God uses people out on the front line and he uses people like the young, weak and old to stay behind and take care of the stuff. And when everything works to God's praise then all will share in the bounty equally. We are living strange times and the poor seem to have wood god's and the rich have their gold and silver god's. Where some would like to turn this world upside down with the tearing down and upheaval to turn us to strange god's. I don't think we need lovey dovey people with pacifiers but men who are willing to stand for their fundamental beliefs!

I enjoyed this post.
It's pretty gosh darn accurate.
I just had a neighbor stop by day before yesterday who wanted to chat theology with me. We grabbed a couple chairs and sat in the shop and Dave said, "Mark, are they teaching you the Old Testament at your school?" I told him we learn all 66 Protestant books. Dave replied, "You know, I had to stop reading the OT years ago because I love the Lord and there's now way a loving God of the NT would command all that stuff. Wipe out people. Invade other lands. Get mad so often and flood the place. Stuff like that."
I smiled and wondered, how am I going to help David, a solid Texan, named after one of God's Anointed kings, who attends our church, understand how culture has permeated religion in ways that are not holy, but entirely of man's origin? At least as far as the fundamental Christian faith has existed for thousands of years.

It seemed to me Dave was humbly, earnestly seeking an answer for the complexity of the OT, so I offered the explanation of one of the Early Church Fathers, Augustine of Hippo (north Africa) in the 3rd and 4th century; The Old (Testament) contained is in the New (Testament) explained. . I also offered to Dave that God in the fundamental Christian explanation of faith (dogma and doctrine) a God of Rigtheousness and Justice on one hand, and Love and Mercy on the other. We as the American church like to pluck out love, so much so that the Jesus only movement took on legs during our lifetime because Jesus is Love and the Father is demanding. I like Jesus. I renounce the Father. Stuff like that.

Foxpaw is accurate. Very. There is so much to debate in a respectable manner as we seek, but too many have driven their own version of faith off the fundamentalism rails. It's not by coincidence that many of the cults and sects of the historical faith were reinvented during the late 1700's and 1800's, the era of Enlightenment and rational humanistic thinking at every level. Did God intend to reveal a new Christianity during that era, all of whom discount Scripture (or parts of it), and the orthodox (tradition) Triune God? Where Jesus has been reduced in many new forms of Christianity to "just a really good man." A moral man. But just a man. Or did man just step in and rewrite what he didn't like? When we rewrite theology, we discount it. The Doctrine of Salvation and the Doctrine of Grace = minimize the cross and the atoning sacrifice, are the two usually attacked when man elevates himself and reduces Scripture and the Trinity.

Foxpaw is also very accurate that the rules of the Heavenly, Eternal plan are not ours to adjust and reconfigure.
Some don't like that way of thinking.
I pray they do ok in this life cause that's all they have to look forward to.

Blessings y'all!
Grandkids are over this week and papa is having a super duper time teachings them papa kind of things.
Bait making. Arrowhead identification. Pulling weeds. Saying, "please" and "thank you." And stuff like that.

Mark
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 11:39 AM

Thank God for Jesus.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Thank God for Jesus.

As a gentile myself Bruce, I couldn't give this statement enough Amens brother!

Amen and Amen.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 11:53 AM

I'm sensitive to that kind of thing,

Jim

You’re a lawyer, you’re sensitive to everything. lol JK
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 07:34 PM

Jim

Good one, Jim. grin

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 07:39 PM

What was the The Da Vinci Code about anyway. I think there may be some that think if you are not of the actual blood line of Iesous and Mary then you have no shot at Heaven. That kinda puts a damper on the "whosoever will or whosoever shall" scripture.

I have a copy of the Vulgate edition of the bible which pre-dated the first King James edition. In it, Jesus is written as Jesus, not Iesous.
The Vulgate came next after the Hebrew & Greek original manuscripts.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 07:44 PM

I disagree with Catch 22. I don't find Mark to be holier-than-thou or looking down on anyone. Nor is he a Bible thumper.

I'm sensitive to that kind of thing, and I just don't sense it in Mark.

Jim

I agree with you also, Jim.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by dkrug
Originally Posted by Donnie H
WOW !!!

I sometimes wonder what in the jimminy crickets I'm doing studying in Dallas (not my cup of tea), with folks about 1/2 my age (it's pretty neat), 8 months a year? We all have many opportunities in front of us every week, if not more often. I decided to seriously study our Lord, not to figure Him out really, but to learn more about His Kingdom and His Redemptive Plan for all of us. Wish I hadn't waited so long, but 6% of us on DTS campus are over 60 years of age. Many are from other countries, so we talk about all sorts of interesting stuff. The Chinese tell me about their persecuted church. The African tell me about how his village saved for years to send him to seminary. It's magnificent to see kingdom work in progress versus the nightly news. That stuff comes and goes. So does $$$.

While most of the world doesn't read much anymore, other than in bits and pieces, I've always enjoyed a good book, so I figured why not learn more about the Book of Divine Truth with 66 books in it. And I think about the legacy I'll leave my family? What will they depend on for truth? Politics? Government? That's on me as a leader of a traditional home. Serious stuff we prolly think more about as we get closer to the end of this life than the starting blocks we came from.

I encourage all y'all to think deep about all that is meaningful to you and yours and plot a course accordingly.
I've had so many blessings so far I never anticipated. Our oldest, Mathew (38 years) has recently led his wife and 4 kiddos back to church, and on an on.
God is a good, good Father.

Blessings
Mark

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 10:42 PM

Agree 100%...
Thanks Mark...

Donnie
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/25/20 11:54 PM

God would likely know if Jesus is black, white, yellow, red or other ethnic colorations, we should ask him instead of others. He may also know if he feels Jesus is racist instead all of us trying to read between the invisible lines to figure it out by ourselves. We should also ask God if his choice to leave the harden practices of the old testament, like taking his own brother up to the mountain to take punish him and die there and replaced by a savior that will forgive us when we sin has worked out like he had hoped it would.

Bryce
Posted By: dkrug

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/26/20 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by dkrug
[quote=Donnie H]WOW !!!

I sometimes wonder what in the jimminy crickets I'm doing studying in Dallas (not my cup of tea), with folks about 1/2 my age (it's pretty neat), 8 months a year? We all have many opportunities in front of us every week, if not more often. I decided to seriously study our Lord, not to figure Him out really, but to learn more about His Kingdom and His Redemptive Plan for all of us. Wish I hadn't waited so long, but 6% of us on DTS campus are over 60 years of age. Many are from other countries, so we talk about all sorts of interesting stuff. The Chinese tell me about their persecuted church. The African tell me about how his village saved for years to send him to seminary. It's magnificent to see kingdom work in progress versus the nightly news. That stuff comes and goes. So does $$$.

While most of the world doesn't read much anymore, other than in bits and pieces, I've always enjoyed a good book, so I figured why not learn more about the Book of Divine Truth with 66 books in it. And I think about the legacy I'll leave my family? What will they depend on for truth? Politics? Government? That's on me as a leader of a traditional home. Serious stuff we prolly think more about as we get closer to the end of this life than the starting blocks we came from.

I encourage all y'all to think deep about all that is meaningful to you and yours and plot a course accordingly.
I've had so many blessings so far I never anticipated. Our oldest, Mathew (38 years) has recently led his wife and 4 kiddos back to church, and on an on.
God is a good, good Father.

Blessings
Mark
[/quote.

He works in mysterious ways!
We have a young family in our church that are going to the Dominican Republic to be missionaries. Sold a thriving HVAC business and their home.
Are now taking the steps to get there.
Some people question the call, like are you sure ?
Everything has flowed since then, like the house selling without listing? and many others.
What a leap of Faith!

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/26/20 12:34 AM

dkrug,

How true!
For 40+ years I used stinkin thinkin to figure out; "Man that was lucky." Or "what a coincidence."
I've got a better focus not the big picture screen now = it's all Divine.
Every thing we see.
And don't see.

Blessings
Mark
Posted By: MNCedar

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/26/20 01:39 AM

This will likely fall on deaf ears, but if anyone is truly interested in sourcing why the imagery of Jesus presents as it does, then doing some reading on the name Cesare Borgia and the connection to modern depictions of Christ might be a place to start.

I'm not saying this is right or the only answer, but it was a starting point for me.

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/26/20 01:48 AM

When we look at the world as made by design, we maybe still don't always get the results we think we want. Still its better than random chance, if there was such a thing. We think we need or want something and out of God's grace he may say no. An instance would be going to take a plane trip and your car breaks down and you are mad because you miss your plane, then you hear it crashed, your car being broken down suddenly is a mute thing and can have a profound affect on a person.

In Job's case when a catastrophe would happen and there would be one survivor to go tell the story, that one was not necessarily any better than the rest, just happened to be the one God chose to tell the story. When I look at the world by design and can see from the Fibonacci view that every part is part of the creation and its no accident, it tends to humble me and most of the time I am more thankful when I understand I'm here for a reason. God is Good even when we are not!

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/26/20 11:21 AM

When we look at the world as made by design, we maybe still don't always get the results we think we want. Still its better than random chance, if there was such a thing. We think we need or want something and out of God's grace he may say no. An instance would be going to take a plane trip and your car breaks down and you are mad because you miss your plane, then you hear it crashed, your car being broken down suddenly is a mute thing and can have a profound affect on a person.

In Job's case when a catastrophe would happen and there would be one survivor to go tell the story, that one was not necessarily any better than the rest, just happened to be the one God chose to tell the story. When I look at the world by design and can see from the Fibonacci view that every part is part of the creation and its no accident, it tends to humble me and most of the time I am more thankful when I understand I'm here for a reason. God is Good even when we are not!

Well said brother.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Jesus is Racist - 06/26/20 11:24 AM

Good is waiting patiently for each one of us to turn to him.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums