Home

Well, they shot one.

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:16 PM

Rioter, that is.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...oNiouuTy1v7cBOJzdgFdbTx1N8ItaAT2wSnRrIS4

A man was shot dead in the Louisville protests after police officers and the Kentucky National Guard “returned fire” while clearing a large crowd during a protest early Monday.

Louisville Metro Police Chief Steve Conrad said in a statement that at around 12:15 a.m. his officers and the national guard were sent to a parking lot to break up a crowd.

“Officers and soldiers began to clear the lot and at some point were shot at,” Conrad said in a statement. “Both LMPD and national guard members returned fire, we have one man dead at scene”

Conrad did not specify who fired the fatal shot, and authorities have not released information about the victim.

In a statement Monday morning, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear said "LMPD and the Kentucky National Guard returned fire resulting in death" and said he has asked the Kentucky State Police to independently investigate the shooting. The governor's office did not immediately return NBC News' request for further clarification on who fired the fatal shot.

Louisville police say they are interviewing “several persons of interests” and collecting video. The city was under a "dusk to dawn" curfew on Sunday night into Monday, beginning at 9 p.m.

Louisville has seen a weekend of protests, as the city mourns Breonna Taylor, 26, a black woman killed in her home in March by Louisville police who were executing a “no-knock” warrant targeting her former boyfriend. More than 40 people were arrested Sunday night, the city's fourth consecutive night of demonstrations, according to NBC Louisville affiliate WAVE.

Last Thursday, seven people were shot in the city during protests that turned violent. Officers were not involved in the Thursday shootings, Police Sgt. Lamont Washington said at the time.

Kaitlin Rust, a reporter for WAVE, was on air on Friday when she yelled and said she was "getting shot" by non-lethal rubber bullets or pepper bullets.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:37 PM

Not good
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:38 PM

That's a start. More will happen.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:41 PM

I saw that a San Antonio shop keeper/owner shot one also , watched the video , was letting them smash windows and steal things they could reach through the windows but when a guy climbed through the broken window and was well in the store , the shop keeper was threaten and shot.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:41 PM

As open minded as I'm trying to be, if you're breaking curfew AND involved in the very activity that the curfew is in place to prevent, you took the risk and accepted the potential consequences.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:43 PM

Only way it will end sad to say they have been going for a week unchecked something has to give.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I saw that a San Antonio shop keeper/owner shot one also , watched the video , was letting them smash windows and steal things they could reach through the windows but when a guy climbed through the broken window and was well in the store , the shop keeper was threaten and shot.

That had to take a lot of restraint. Glad he covered his bases.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:53 PM

Let the word get out they are shooting the thugs It will come to a screeching halt.
Tons of white people marching in protest during the day but EVERY video I have seen of looting it has been BLACK people . Then they wonder why they get profiled !!!!!!!

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

That had to take a lot of restraint. Glad he covered his bases.

sure broke up that crowd fast , in TX inside your building is as I understand it justifiable (unlike duty to retreat MN) , the lights in the store were all on and the crowd watched it through the big window , a woman outside was shouting no no no get out of there

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Let the word get out they are shooting the thugs It will come to a screeching halt.
Tons of white people marching in protest during the day but EVERY video I have seen of looting it has been BLACK people . Then they wonder why they get profiled !!!!!!!

in Madison Wis , it was mostly white people looting/smashing probably 80% White to 20% non white from the pictures and video I saw.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 02:02 PM

Pete yes the marching and protesting but when the sun goes down The brothers come out. Just watched the LA LOOTING 95% are black ,other 5% are mexican
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 02:03 PM

Just one?

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 02:43 PM

Pete yes the marching and protesting but when the sun goes down The brothers come out. Just watched the LA LOOTING 95% are black ,other 5% are mexican

just saying Madison is a bit different https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...ff4d-6328-59c4-b070-f2bde25d0532.html#38
Posted By: Actor

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 02:50 PM

May 4, 1970... approximately 67 rounds fired over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others. Within days of this exhibit... the rioting throughout the county ceased. All of the articles you read only calls out the National Guard, but their were officers from sheriff departs, police departments, Highway Patrol and state Conservation Officers there too. I was scheduled to go the following week and I am glad it ended when it did. You seldom hear of the atrocities that were carried out by the so called students.

[Linked Image]
This is what made the news...

Garry-

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 02:52 PM

just saying Madison is a bit different https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...ff4d-6328-59c4-b070-f2bde25d0532.html#38

Madison must be a college town?

I've noticed many, many of the protesters on the west coast are young Antifa types. In most of the major cities in the midwest and east is seems majority black, but the smaller suburb type cities have a lot of whites mixed in.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 02:53 PM

Pete-I think your statement about Madison may be the understatement of the year!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 03:00 PM

I don't live in a city and never will. If you break into anything where I live you will get shot at. I have absolutely no sympathy for the looters whatever color or ethnicity they are. My Dad always taught me there is no excuse for stealing. Arson is even worse. How are these people raised that they can do such things to innocent people. I think the it's because most of them live in cities like rats.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 03:18 PM

Yes ,I got a question . WHY is some actions that were a crime a week ago not a crime now.? Because someone is peeod

Pete one thing I have noticed regardless of color of their skin MOST seem to be in 20's or early 30's

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 03:21 PM

If some one ask me I could tell them how to stop all this crowd after CURFEW !! Take a pressure washer and mount it on a big tank FULL of pepper spray . Point it into the air and let it rip !!! I was in a locker room once when some idiot sprayed it. NOONE could go in for hours.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Madison must be a college town?

I've noticed many, many of the protesters on the west coast are young Antifa types. In most of the major cities in the midwest and east is seems majority black, but the smaller suburb type cities have a lot of whites mixed in.

Big college town and leases run Aug 15 to Aug 14th in most of the down town so even with the UW shut down the population doesn't change by much
about 44K UW Mad students

many in the pictures of Mad are also Antifa looking types.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 03:31 PM

OH NO PETE you just profiled !!!! LOL
Posted By: adam m

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 03:43 PM

Shots fired here last night towards officers. pd could not locate who or where the shots were coming from in the midst of the "protesters"

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
I don't live in a city and never will. If you break into anything where I live you will get shot at. I have absolutely no sympathy for the looters whatever color or ethnicity they are. My Dad always taught me there is no excuse for stealing. Arson is even worse. How are these people raised that they can do such things to innocent people. I think the it's because most of them live in cities like rats.

I think you have two distinct types of people here. Some of them were not raised at all. No daddy and mommy working to support them or else too busy being high. These kids have no concept of morals and it's really not their fault. These are the kids that should have been removed by CPS.

The other are kids that never heard the word no... the ones who parents go to the school and yell at the teachers for reprimanding their sweet little angels. The ones who own $200 tennis shoes from the time they are 2 years old, paid for by mom and dad. Brand new cars mommy and daddy buys them, on their insurance, living in their house at the age of 28.
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 04:08 PM

Things are certainly getting interesting. Here in Idaho we’ve managed to avoid any real nuttiness so far. Stay safe.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 04:21 PM

I'm only sorry for the cop or guardsman that has to live with it now. The rioter deserved it as do the others.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 04:58 PM

I was sure there would have been more with 100 guardsmen 3 round bursting.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 05:07 PM

OH NO PETE you just profiled !!!! LOL

I merely identified the branding Image of the domestic terrorist group Antifa

I am sorry if Antifa stole your look , the Nazi stole the symbol of peace and ruined it for everyone also.

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 06:00 PM

Hey antifa is nafta plus an I mixed up !!!!!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 06:20 PM

North American Free Trade Agreement?
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Well, they shot one. - 06/01/20 06:28 PM

There was an officer in Cincinnati who had a bullet graze off his kevlar helmet, missed his eye by an inch, the other night. There were two federal officers shot in California. These are paid rent a rioters, and are the same mob which has behind the framing of Michael Flynn. They were using fire bomb cars in DC last night by the White House. The Attorney General and FBI are targeting ANTIFA as of yesterday. There is going to have to be a major round up of thousands, as this rent a mob was trained under Obama in the North Dakota protests, they are funded off of Google Ads at this point.
It comes to the point that where is Coronavirus when it is needed, because in another week these rioters will all be too sick to move.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums