Home

Favorite TV Series?

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:42 AM

I'm all caught up on everything I watch and just looking for some ideas. Which series do y'all enjoy?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:55 AM

Sapranos
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 04:01 AM

Outlander on STARZ

MeatEater on Netflix, not really a tv series but enjoyable

That 70’s show

Roseanne original series, not the remake

House

The resident

Law and Order. SVU is my favorite but they are all good

Married with children
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 04:03 AM

Boston Legal
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 04:07 AM

Blue Bloods and Chicago PD here then on RFD tv the National Rodeo Finals and all the other rodeo reruns .
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:09 AM

Lost was one of my favorites.
Posted By: Niteblaster

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:10 AM

Breaking Bad

The Walking Dead
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:36 AM

Angela, all these trappers are trying to help keep your mind entertained while you body heals. They are being honest but they haven't mentioned Justified, The Shield, or the new one Yellowstone. You are smart that is why you and Pete ended up together. At least google the reviews for the series I have mentioned. I am a grown man but I dang near cried when Lem died in The Sheild.

Then the same actor who killed him was oil to Timithy Oliphants water in justified which is hilarious if nothing else. Dewey running a brothel in the hills of West VA is epic. Of course he is pimping his talent from a trailer court and I don't mean double wides either- we are talking about 1962 single wides with strings of glass beads hanging in doorways (its epic on so many levels LOL). Of course, when the local talent cannot avoid getting shot by US Marshalll Reylin Givens, and the investigation concludes the use of deadly force was "Justified" the bad guys bring out the big gun. SAM ELLIOT! That series never should have ended. And to top off the mountain of humor, Given's commanding officer (or what ever US Marshalls call the section chief) is none other than Nick Searcy. He can hillbilly chew out Givens like no other man on earth and you wont be able to stop laughing. This series was not written as a comedy but it is as funny as Cheers and Friends in my opinion. Find the scene on youtube where Searcy calls Oliphant while he "protects" a witness who is basically a rain man card shark who is barely 21 and tells Oliphant she had daddy issues. I will probably be denied Heaven simply because I couldn't quite laughing. Oh yes I am ashamed of myself but if I can find it on youtube you and Drifter will both get IMs LOL

Yellowstone will speak for itself. It (like my other two nominations) is highly addicting.

By the time you watch about 5 seasons of The Shield, 7 or 8 of Justified, and catch up the first 2 because season 3 of Yellowstone starts soon; your leg will be healed enough for a triathlon trust me.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:41 AM

Oh crap, speaking of Justified characters with daddy issues, one home town girl makes it big and gets a law degree. She tries and tries to do right by her 'kin' but life isn't easy when your son thinks you are his aunt and your own dam brother has him mixing drinks for the club house at Dewey's house of ill everything by the time he is 15. Of course she is a redhead and would plot above the daggum chalk board on the hot vs crazy matrix. IDK who wrote, directed, and produced Justified but I hope they made millions an millions. They were all probably magic but at minimum Geniuses
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Boston Legal

Great show, I had forgotten about that one.

"Denny Crane"

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 10:16 AM

Justified was another great one. I bought my parents the six-season DVD set so they could watch it.
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 10:23 AM

Gilligan's Island
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 11:10 AM

Letterkenny.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 11:19 AM

Ozark
Posted By: corky

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 11:26 AM

Blue Bloods
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 11:28 AM

High Chapperal
Posted By: Trapper Dan2

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 12:04 PM

Deadwood was good.

Dan
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Angela, all these trappers are trying to help keep your mind entertained while you body heals. They are being honest but they haven't mentioned Justified, The Shield, or the new one Yellowstone. You are smart that is why you and Pete ended up together. At least google the reviews for the series I have mentioned. I am a grown man but I dang near cried when Lem died in The Sheild.

Then the same actor who killed him was oil to Timithy Oliphants water in justified which is hilarious if nothing else. Dewey running a brothel in the hills of West VA is epic. Of course he is pimping his talent from a trailer court and I don't mean double wides either- we are talking about 1962 single wides with strings of glass beads hanging in doorways (its epic on so many levels LOL). Of course, when the local talent cannot avoid getting shot by US Marshalll Reylin Givens, and the investigation concludes the use of deadly force was "Justified" the bad guys bring out the big gun. SAM ELLIOT! That series never should have ended. And to top off the mountain of humor, Given's commanding officer (or what ever US Marshalls call the section chief) is none other than Nick Searcy. He can hillbilly chew out Givens like no other man on earth and you wont be able to stop laughing. This series was not written as a comedy but it is as funny as Cheers and Friends in my opinion. Find the scene on youtube where Searcy calls Oliphant while he "protects" a witness who is basically a rain man card shark who is barely 21 and tells Oliphant she had daddy issues. I will probably be denied Heaven simply because I couldn't quite laughing. Oh yes I am ashamed of myself but if I can find it on youtube you and Drifter will both get IMs LOL

Yellowstone will speak for itself. It (like my other two nominations) is highly addicting.

By the time you watch about 5 seasons of The Shield, 7 or 8 of Justified, and catch up the first 2 because season 3 of Yellowstone starts soon; your leg will be healed enough for a triathlon trust me.

Oh crap, speaking of Justified characters with daddy issues, one home town girl makes it big and gets a law degree. She tries and tries to do right by her 'kin' but life isn't easy when your son thinks you are his aunt and your own dam brother has him mixing drinks for the club house at Dewey's house of ill everything by the time he is 15. Of course she is a redhead and would plot above the daggum chalk board on the hot vs crazy matrix. IDK who wrote, directed, and produced Justified but I hope they made millions an millions. They were all probably magic but at minimum Geniuses

Leftlane I think best tv sense of the crew. In my opinion justified is the greatest tv show ever made hands down. I have all 6 seasons and have watched them multiple times. And Yellowstone is a great one to watch too!

He_l on wheels is another good series.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 12:44 PM

Mash!
Dennis
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 12:47 PM

X2 on Ozark
Outer banks was fun to watch.
Both on netflix
Posted By: Newt

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Sapranos

Yep

and F-Troop
Mc Hales Navy
Posted By: DWC

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 01:03 PM

I forgot about The Shield-that was a good one. Yellowstone is awesome looking fwd to the new season. Longmire if you have netflix. And finally, The Andy Griffith Show.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 01:05 PM

Longmire is a good one
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 01:08 PM

Vikings was a good one .
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 01:47 PM

My name is Earl
Posted By: hippie

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 01:53 PM

2 1/2 men

The early ones before Sheen got a big head.
Posted By: Miley

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 01:56 PM

Trailer park boys!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 02:05 PM

Yellowstone
Last Man Standing
The Ranch
Man With A Plan
The neighborhood
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 02:07 PM

Mash was good too
Posted By: Dave 1957

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 02:17 PM

70s show
Posted By: 080808

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:21 PM

The Rifleman
Posted By: Doug Barnes

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:38 PM

Letterkenny and Trailer Park Boys
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:41 PM

The office
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:47 PM

Does Game of Thrones count?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Castormound

Yes! All except the last season anyway, what a disappointment
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 04:10 PM

King of queens

Married with children

Sanford and son

Sienfeld
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Boston Legal

Great show, I had forgotten about that one.

"Denny Crane"

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 04:27 PM

Barney Miller

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 06:24 PM

I've watched Justified all the way through twice, lol. I love it. I haven't watched the other two you mentioned though. Are you saying Walter Goggins (Boyd) was in the Shield?
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Castormound

Yes! All except the last season anyway, what a disappointment

Right? Like it wasn’t even the same writer.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 07:54 PM

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Blue Bloods, The Americans,
Posted By: rick2527

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 08:29 PM

macgyver the new one
blood and treasure
Last man standing
Stumptown
Lucifer
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:40 PM

Yellowstone
NCIS
Bull
Last Man Standing
FBI Most Wanted
Seal Team

Always record and watch when I can fast forward through commercials.

I can also recommend a movie NOT to watch if you have a dog you’re fond of or have lost...The Art of Racing in the Rain. Do Not Watch this movie if you love your dogs.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:47 PM

Forensic Files.
Bonanza
Green Acres
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 09:59 PM

I liked NCIS better when Ziva was on there. whistle
Posted By: badger

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 10:18 PM

LOST

then MST3k -original
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 11:29 PM

Vikings!!!!!
BostonLegal
NYPD Blues
Oak Island
Blacklist
Sopranos

And of course, long, long ago.....
Combat
Bonanza
Have Gun Will Travel

Moosetrot
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/16/20 11:36 PM

Blue Bloods
Chicago PD
NCIS
Law and Order SVU
FBI
FBI Most Wanted
Posted By: unclej

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 12:00 AM

Green Acres, See no Evil and the Incredible Dr Pol.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I've watched Justified all the way through twice, lol. I love it. I haven't watched the other two you mentioned though. Are you saying Walter Goggins (Boyd) was in the Shield?

Yes- he plays Michael Chigless's LT Shane. I thought he was great in the shield but I saw the Shield long before Justified so I had no idea just how good he was. Cast as Boyd Crowder he really impressed me. Of course its hard to steel the show with Givens and all of his justified use of deadly force.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Yes- he plays Michael Chigless's LT Shane. I thought he was great in the shield but I saw the Shield long before Justified so I had no idea just how good he was. Cast as Boyd Crowder he really impressed me. Of course its hard to steel the show with Givens and all of his justified use of deadly force.

Oh, no, I liked Raylan but Boyd entirely stole the show in my opinion. But it's kind of wild to have such great acting in a series that Sam Elliot is kind of just an afterthought, lol.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 12:40 AM

Angela, I wont even try to argue that with ya. Boyd was awesome. My favorite character was Givens CO that was seeking a couple years of peace and quite before he snuck off into retirement. Opps LOL

And the whole cast of tweekers like Dewey LOL- either they were real meth heads or just amazing actors.
Posted By: keets

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 12:41 AM

the shield

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by ND FTA

Goggins is in the Shield. He is one of the cops that spend 50% of their time doing good things and 50% of their time doing bad things. Yellowstone is an outstanding show.

Nailed it! The Shield isn't as humorous as Justified but wow- it sucked me in and this was b4 I had a DVR. I was peaved if I missed that show.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 01:34 AM

The Shield was great. Michael Chiklis played The Commish before that. Quite a role reversal.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 01:38 AM

FX produces some great original programming.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 02:13 AM

I read all the suggestions, and am reminded why I hate TV.

I know if I were laid up, I'd be looking for a non strenuous activity like needlework, painting, puzzles, wood burning or something. I know every pencil and knife in the house would be sharpened down to nothing.
Posted By: slidewire

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 02:14 AM

happy

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
I read all the suggestions, and am reminded why I hate TV.

I know if I were laid up, I'd be looking for a non strenuous activity like needlework, painting, puzzles, wood burning or something. I know every pencil and knife in the house would be sharpened down to nothing.

I often do needlework or crochet while watching TV at night. But I like TV too. Not nearly as much as most people do, but I enjoy a few hours of it a night before bed.

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 02:51 AM

Looks like I can't Yellowstone yet (which looks good) but it says it should be coming to youtubeTV in the next couple months, so I'll wait rather than pay extra for it. It looks like The Shield is on Hulu, so I guess I'll give that a try.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 10:18 AM

Last man standing.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 10:39 AM

Wicked Tuna
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Favorite TV Series? - 05/17/20 10:44 AM

the first 48
© 2024 Trapperman Forums