Home

A quote from Canada!

Posted By: martentrapper

A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 04:05 AM

Here is a quote from a canadian in the Yukon:
. I wont get into all the details on how bad its getting here with the new gun ban and the covid deal, but they are sending the police to peoples houses who are supposed to be self isolating and threatening them with 3-years in prison if they dont comply. I have a successful business here and lots of real estate or I would be gone by now, its that bad politically. We have a chance with Erin Otoole. If he gets in next election we might be OK. If not its all over. Glad I have the ability to leave because it might come to that.

Stand up for your rights Americans!
mt
Posted By: yukon254

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 04:59 AM

Its true too. If our situation sounds bad, just imagine what will happen if sleepy Joe wins. Especially since he just picked AOC to draft his climate plan....just imagine what thats going to look like...

People on both sides of the line better get out and vote the next go around or we are all in trouble.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Its true too. If our situation sounds bad, just imagine what will happen if sleepy Joe wins. Especially since he just picked AOC to draft his climate plan....just imagine what thats going to look like...

People on both sides of the line better get out and vote the next go around or we are all in trouble.

Yep for sure.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 10:47 AM

I think a Canadian in the Yukon is a stranger to the truth.
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 10:51 AM

That report belongs in the National Enquirer.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 11:11 AM

Absolutely ! The problem with the coming election in the U.S. (as I see it anyway) is the Democrats are heavily pushing for "mail in" ballots. This approach encourages cheating, lacks accountable and responsible voting, which is exactly what the democrats want. Their behavior in the last six months is dispicable & horrendous......they are serving themselves, not our country as they were sworn in to do.

Yep......everyone must get out and vote.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 11:12 AM

team N.America.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 11:22 AM

In Michigan you no longer need a reason to vote absent T anymore. Now my Township Clerk send me my ballot when a election comes up.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 02:57 PM

That report belongs in the National Enquirer.

Agreed

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:12 PM

See thats what happens far to often when people do not realize what is happening all around them.

We have roadblocks on every highway coming into Yukon. The COs are monitoring them 24/7. Before they will let you in you must have a written plan of how you will self isolate, how you will get groceries and supplies. Then they make sure you are aware of the fines and jail time that you are subject to if you dont follow the rules to a T.

A good friend just went through this two days ago. In addition to everything above, he was told that the RCMP would be calling him, and coming by his house every few days to make sure he was following the rules. There have already been people in Whitehorse fined for not social distancing and they were not under the self isolation rules.

According to the paper a local lady has just filed a lawsuit because she says these new rules go against the charter, which it obviously does.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:19 PM

Here is the order....still think its not true??

http://www.gov.yk.ca/legislation/regs/mo2020_014.pdf

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

Really ?? I think a few Canuks have their head in the sand....Read this then maybe act like an adult and apologize......

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-covid-19-orders-1.5519867
Posted By: Dirt

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:24 PM

I wouldn't move here. It is almost as bad. I signed some paperwork at the Airport agreeing to a 14 day quarantine, Luckily they really can't enforce it.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:32 PM

and threatening them with 3-years in prison if they dont comply.

I think this is the part of the first post that people were questioning, not necessarily the Health Act rules and it's rules, some of which are being applied almost everywhere in Canada.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
and threatening them with 3-years in prison if they dont comply.

I think this is the part of the first post that people were questioning, not necessarily the Health Act rules and it's rules, some of which are being applied almost everywhere in Canada.

Sorry but again you are wrong. That is exactly what a good friend was told....scare tactics?? Maybe, but thats whats happening...

Sorry Dirt but I watch the news....Americans are protesting in the streets...that will never happen here.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 03:45 PM

Here, meaning Alaska. I have been in 12 States during this Nonsense ( CA and IL) among others and AK has been the most restrictive. Getting home was not legal,

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Here, meaning Alaska. I have been in 12 States during this Nonsense ( CA and IL) among others and AK has been the most restrictive. Getting home was not legal,

Strange... a buddy just got back from AK yesterday. He spent the last 6 weeks over in the Soldotna area building a cabin for his daughter. He said things were normal over there.
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 09:08 PM

Yukon254 in the NWT we look at the Yukon as being open. I travelled from Yellowknife through the Yukon in late March. After crossing the Yukon border there was a check stop at Fort MacPherson and I was not able to travel home. I had to mandatory Quarntine in a hotel in Inuvik for 2 weeks before I could take home. Missed all the good beaver trapping.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 09:16 PM

Same is happening here in the south if you are going above the 53 parr flying....realy messes up the med vacs....
only people in the hotels and the north is paying all the food cost. just to keep the virus out.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/14/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by muskrat411
Yukon254 in the NWT we look at the Yukon as being open. I travelled from Yellowknife through the Yukon in late March. After crossing the Yukon border there was a check stop at Fort MacPherson and I was not able to travel home. I had to mandatory Quarntine in a hotel in Inuvik for 2 weeks before I could take home. Missed all the good beaver trapping.

Wow thats harsh. Yukon is doing the same thing now. A buddy just got home a couple days ago and has to stay home for 14-days and the police are checking every few days to ensure he follows orders.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

Really ?? I think a few Canuks have their head in the sand....Read this then maybe act like an adult and apologize......

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-covid-19-orders-1.5519867

Yeah that emergency order declaration sounds pretty consistent with emergency orders throughout North America and from what I've seen in international news, much of the free world. Sorry I don't have time to read it in it's entirety but couldn't seem to find the part about cops going door to door threatening to throw people in jail for 3 years. maybe it's on the French side, perhaps you could highlight it and post it again.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 01:31 AM

La Loche, northern Saskatchewan wishes it could turn back the covid clock.

La Loche is a community of about 2800 mostly Dene people like many in North West Territories, Yukon and Alaska.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:20 AM

"So far, six people have died from COVID-19 complications in Saskatchewan." ??????????? confused

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 11:11 AM

As of April 30 La Loche 38 cases and 2 deaths. Can not find more recent info. with numbers but the worst outbreak in Saskatchewan. Remote community like most here in the north. Medical services are usually just local clinics with nurses and certainly no ICU's. Evacuation to larger centers with ICU's often logistically tough given transportation limitations. Price of living in remote places and the reason many consider it a good idea to keep CV19 out. Your chances with CV19 in remote places not so good as if you lived in the south. Throw in the crowded housing and your chances of getting it, if it gets to your community, are greater.

Walk in those shoes - I do. 2500 people here at the end of the road like La Loche. Nearest ICU about 250 miles south by air. About 80% Innu and crowded housing. People were terrified the virus would get here.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 02:19 PM

As of April 30 La Loche 38 cases and 2 deaths. Can not find more recent info. with numbers but the worst outbreak in Saskatchewan.

There's about 150 cases now in the area. La Loche is about 3 hrs north of me. I cannot travel to our cabin 1 hr north on this weekend to see my buds and spend day after day catching monster northern pike. I've been doing that every year for a long time. I am extremely disappointed but it is what it is.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 03:06 PM

Is that crowded housing government provided?
mt

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 03:18 PM

Thanks for the explanation. We don't live that way in this remote area.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:11 PM

The Spanish Flu just about wiped out the Alaskan native villages.
Posted By: TFNG

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:28 PM

As of April 30 La Loche 38 cases and 2 deaths. Can not find more recent info. with numbers but the worst outbreak in Saskatchewan.

There's about 150 cases now in the area. La Loche is about 3 hrs north of me. I cannot travel to our cabin 1 hr north on this weekend to see my buds and spend day after day catching monster northern pike. I've been doing that every year for a long time. I am extremely disappointed but it is what it is.

Where are you at rvsask? We’re pretty bummed out we can’t be at our place in Buffalo Narrows this weekend.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:29 PM

"“(The Spanish flu) epidemic, horrible as it was, occurred in the context of wave after wave of lethal diseases that decimated Alaska Natives,” Shana Loshbaugh, an independent scholar from Kenai who now lives in Fairbanks, said. “The only thing special about it was that, apparently, it was the last major scourge.” "

"Other diseases not previously endemic to Alaska were also making their way into the state. Cases of smallpox, influenza, measles, tuberculosis, whooping cough and other communicable diseases cropped up in villages in Alaska from the 1830s–1920. "

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:31 PM

Where are you at rvsask? We’re pretty bummed out we can’t be at our place in Buffalo Narrows this weekend.

NW of Meadow. Bummed I can't be at our place at Keeley.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:49 PM

NW of Meadow. Bummed I can't be at our place at Keeley.

We’ll miss the good pike bite but hopefully be opened up in time to catch the real good walleye fishing.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:52 PM

We’ll miss the good pike bite but hopefully be opened up in time to catch the real good walleye fishing.

I hope to catch a good bite at Waterhen instead but it's not the same as sitting in front of your cabin, enjoying a fire and some beverages.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 04:57 PM

Good luck! I’m on the Alberta side of Lloyd so we can’t go in any of Provincial parks. Ice is off Cold lake so maybe I’ll try that for a day but likely just stick around home

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/15/20 05:09 PM

Yeah that emergency order declaration sounds pretty consistent with emergency orders throughout North America and from what I've seen in international news, much of the free world. Sorry I don't have time to read it in it's entirety but couldn't seem to find the part about cops going door to door threatening to throw people in jail for 3 years. maybe it's on the French side, perhaps you could highlight it and post it again.

If you dont have time to read something maybe you should refrain from commenting on it?? I never said the police were going "door to door." Its never a good idea to twist what someone says to fit what you are trying to convey. What I actually said was that a good friend just came through a checkpoint a few days ago and he was told he had to quarantine for 14-days and that the police would be calling, and visiting his home every few days to ensure he was following orders. He was also told he would be fined and or jailed for up to 3-years if he didnt comply. Scare tactics?? Maybe, but as the article I posted lays out, fines and jail time are a possibility if you fail to comply.
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/16/20 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
"“(The Spanish flu) epidemic, horrible as it was, occurred in the context of wave after wave of lethal diseases that decimated Alaska Natives,” Shana Loshbaugh, an independent scholar from Kenai who now lives in Fairbanks, said. “The only thing special about it was that, apparently, it was the last major scourge.” "

"Other diseases not previously endemic to Alaska were also making their way into the state. Cases of smallpox, influenza, measles, tuberculosis, whooping cough and other communicable diseases cropped up in villages in Alaska from the 1830s–1920. "

History is always more meaningful when you hear it from someone who was there to see it in person. Thanks a lot Dirt.
In your previous post you said you were travelling around the US. Are you not in the extreme risk groop and a national treasure? Should you not be in isolation in an undisclosed location in the Arctic National Refuge someplace?

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/16/20 03:43 PM

I'm under 60 and have no underlying medical conditions. What is my risk?

History is history, not myth. Maybe if people knew their history they would not be so fearful.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/16/20 04:18 PM

Dirt things said early about this virus are changing as time goes one specially the age of attach.

Now people that got it and have had it, or they thought they had recovered, are having kidney failure and need dialysis 2 months later.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/16/20 04:21 PM

If you dont have time to read something maybe you should refrain from commenting on it?? I never said the police were going "door to door." Its never a good idea to twist what someone says to fit what you are trying to convey. What I actually said was that a good friend just came through a checkpoint a few days ago and he was told he had to quarantine for 14-days and that the police would be calling, and visiting his home every few days to ensure he was following orders. He was also told he would be fined and or jailed for up to 3-years if he didnt comply. Scare tactics?? Maybe, but as the article I posted lays out, fines and jail time are a possibility if you fail to comply.

What you said was irrelevant to my comment as well as other's. Mine and others were directed at the original poster's suggestion surrounding the reported draconic police actions for which you chose to take on and add insult and then justify by attaching the emergency order as if that somehow lent credibility to the notion of the police actions. If people weren't entitled to opinions internet forums would be pretty quiet.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/16/20 04:27 PM

These guys never experience the N1H1 that hit the reserves just a couple of years ago. The local goverments are just following guidelines that were laid down after that.

Re: A quote from Canada! - 05/16/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Dirt things said early about this virus are changing as time goes one specially the age of attach.

Now people that got it and have had it, or they thought they had recovered, are having kidney failure and need dialysis 2 months later.

John Hopkins

The odds look low if you are not a high risk for severe covid case.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums