Home

Please Don't wear a mask in here.

Posted By: MB750

Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:08 PM

Around this part of the country the whole world has gone Corona virus nuts. My county and a couple of others are worse than many of the others. Most places are shut down completely. In those that are not masks are required to enter every store except for one.
We have a local gun store where they have posted on line and on their door that anyone who enters their store had better NOT be wearing a mask. If you wear on into the store it will be looked upon as an act of aggression and delt with accordingly.
I have been in this gun shop. I did NOT wear a mask. My son and his buddy made a special trip there just to buy or order a new gun just because they wanted to show their support of the owners stance on the subject.
The local Mayor and the County commissioners mandated the mask ruling for all businesses.
There are many, myself included, who oppose this mask rule. I refuse to look like a thief just to walk into a place of business.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:10 PM

I won't wear one because they're ineffective, and provide a false sense of security that could lead people who shouldn't go out at all to think they're okay to go out. Good for that gun store.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:14 PM

It's mandatory in PA. I would flub my nose at it. However, the business will not serve you unless you have one on. You can't buy groceries or anything. If a business told the governor to go pound sand, I would gladly support it.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:14 PM

I might wear one if they actually did any good. I'm glad your son is supporting that place.
Posted By: cmj

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:26 PM

I hate wearing a mask. I only go out and shop if I have to anymore. Its funny when you walk past someone in a store and they run the other way if you are in the same isle. Then you see them pay with credit card and touch the card machine and then touch the door handle on the way out.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:27 PM

I will not patronize a store who's employees are wearing masks. Makes me uncomfortable, makes me wonder if they are sick and what the (*&*^ they are doing at work. The local IH and New Holland dealerships are business as usual, The idjits at the JD dealership have the door locked and you have to stand outside and talk to the parts guy on your cell phone, then they bring it out and hand it to you. I will be getting my JD parts online from now on. What did Americans do when the chicken pox, small pox, whooping cough, etc were going around? PS, if Mcdonalds workers wear masks and gloves forever, I would be alright with that.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
. What did Americans do when the chicken pox, small pox, whooping cough, etc were going around?.

They died.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
. What did Americans do when the chicken pox, small pox, whooping cough, etc were going around?.

They died.

So will all that have been born. so birth is the leading cause of death.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:40 PM

Security guard at a Family Dollar in southern MI got shot and killed yesterday by a couple customers refusing to wear masks that he wouldn't let in.
Posted By: nate

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:45 PM

I had lead abatement training. During the training they made it very clear the cheap mask are fake security and are worse than not wearing any at all. The training was was Baker inviromental consulting. Mandatory by our government.
Posted By: hunter88

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Coös
Security guard at a Family Dollar in southern MI got shot and killed yesterday by a couple customers refusing to wear masks that he wouldn't let in.

In this case I'm not sure you can blame the mask.

The guard asked the woman to wear a mask. She got mad, went home, and her boyfriend with his son came back. Accused the guard of disrespecting his girlfriend and shot him. Sounds like he didn't need much of an excuse to do what he did.
Posted By: mskrtman

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 02:32 PM

Why would you not support a business that's trying to protect their employees? Maybe they want to stay open and not have to shut down like some of the meat packing places. Trump's administration recommends wearing them even though he said he would not wear one.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by mskrtman
Why would you not support a business that's trying to protect their employees? Maybe they want to stay open and not have to shut down like some of the meat packing places. Trump's administration recommends wearing them even though he said he would not wear one.

Pride.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 02:43 PM

Yep its all about the mask now .

People dont know how to cope so the mask will be their teddy bear.

Once full compliance is reached it will be easy to switch people over to a chip in the forehead.......... grin

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 02:45 PM

I'm seeing more and more sheeple driving around town solo with masks and gloves on ..........lol
Posted By: sandhiller78

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Yep its all about the mask now .

People dont know how to cope so the mask will be their teddy bear.

Once full compliance is reached it will be easy to switch people over to a chip in the forehead.......... grin

Spot on....
Posted By: hippie

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
It's mandatory in PA. I would flub my nose at it. However, the business will not serve you unless you have one on. You can't buy groceries or anything. If a business told the governor to go pound sand, I would gladly support it.

They are starting to do just that here now. People have had enough of our gov. picking and choosing who can open and who cant.

Sheriff just said he won't enforce the unjust regulations either.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 03:33 PM

Went grocery shopping yesterday some people had masks on most didnt i bought enough for a couple weeks most had 1 or 2 items I was the only one that used the disinfectant at the door
IMO the mask supercedes hygiene and common sense for most people
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 03:36 PM

If a company wants me to wear a mask I’ll wear a mask, lol. If it gives them that security feeling then I’ll oblige them. If they don’t want me to wear a mask then I won’t. I’m not hard to please or get along with. I go by whosever business it is makes the rules...and I’ll follow along.
Only exception is my concealed carry when not at work. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:02 PM

You wear a mask to protect other people, not yourself. If you don't care about other people, then just carry on. whistle

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
You wear a mask to protect other people, not yourself. If you don't care about other people, then just carry on. whistle

How does it protect other people though? The typical cloth mask or surgical mask you see people wearing has huge gaps around your nose and cheeks, and most people do a poor job at fitting an N95 mask, and the N95 masks with the valves allow unfiltered air out by their very design. If I wear a mask and you wear a mask, and I'm spewing snot and spit particles through the gaps in my mask, and you're breathing in my snot and spit particles through the gap in your mask, how did either of our masks do any good?

I wouldn't be opposed to masks if there was evidence they actually worked, but common sense dictates that a mask that doesn't block virus particles cannot protect you from a virus.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:09 PM

Keep drinking the koolaid

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:16 PM

As long as you don't breath on me. smile
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:19 PM

You're right, but they won't ever get it because they would rather believe it's all some conspiracy to take their rights. Doctors, dentists and nurses all wear masks for this reason. Masks won't stop all the viruses, but they stop most of them from being transmitted easily. It takes a large load of viruses, not a single virus for people to get ill. Just because some safeguards don't work perfectly, doesn't mean they don't help and aren't worth using.

Keith

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:20 PM

This is the mask I'm provided at work. We're not required, but encouraged to wear them.... [Linked Image]

You see them all over the place. These ones were donated to the police station, probably made from someone's used bed sheets. But here's the thing....
[Linked Image]
See these huge gaps? Almost all the air I breathe goes right out these gaps, to the point that I can feel my breath on my eyes. Obviously it's not being caught by the mask. So how can this mask protect anyone?
Serious question...do people really think something like this can be effective?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:25 PM

Our issued cloth masks have the metal strip to at least form around your nose. No, not 100% effective, but effective enough.
If your hands were freezing and you had to choose between no gloves or a lightweight pair, would you choose no gloves? Not me, I’d put on those lightweight gloves in a heartbeat. A little something is better than nothing.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:25 PM

The one positive thong about wearing a mask is that people can not touch their faces. Ya ick up the germs / virus of surfaces with your finders and when ya got and itchy nose you scratch it without thinking about it. wearing a mask prevents that from happening. I don't other wearing one by the way and I don't go around licking door knobs either.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Our issued cloth masks have the metal strip to at least form around your nose. No, not 100% effective, but effective enough.
If your hands were freezing and you had to choose between no gloves or a lightweight pair, would you choose no gloves? Not me, I’d put on those lightweight gloves in a heartbeat. A little something is better than nothing.

Heat transmits through radiation, convection, and conduction, though, not by particles floating through the air.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
This is the mask I'm provided at work. We're not required, but encouraged to wear them.... [Linked Image]

You see them all over the place. These ones were donated to the police station, probably made from someone's used bed sheets. But here's the thing....
[Linked Image]
See these huge gaps? Almost all the air I breathe goes right out these gaps, to the point that I can feel my breath on my eyes. Obviously it's not being caught by the mask. So how can this mask protect anyone?
Serious question...do people really think something like this can be effective?

Maybe if your beak wasn't so gargantuan it would fit better.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:37 PM

Does anyone have any actual science pointing to why it's pointless and or harmful to wear masks? I'd be genuinely interested to read it. See plenty of studies on how they help slow the spread. The argument against seems limited to the gap at the nose on some masks, and of course the tin hat guys, which doesn't merit discussion.

If the gap is reduced or eliminated, are the masks still useless?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:42 PM

Does anyone have any actual science pointing to why it's pointless and or harmful to wear masks? I'd be genuinely interested to read it. See plenty of studies on how they help slow the spread. The argument against seems limited to the gap at the nose on some masks, and of course the tin hat guys, which doesn't merit discussion.

Researchera in South Korea had infected patients cough on petri dishes and found the masks didn't catch much of anything.
article

There's no evidence showing them to be effective.
article

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:43 PM

If you do not need depends would you wear them, you know to protect others? Gaps would also be bad.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:48 PM

Nice policy

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mskrtman

Pride.

Good bait, But as I said "It makes me feel uncomfortable, When I feel uncomfortable, my hand will not always extend all the way to my wallet. I feel that if you are walking around rural southern Wi. with a mask on you are what Red Foreman would call a "---- ---". and you will not be selling me anything.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:52 PM

Thanks. I'm still going to wear them out of respect for employees and other shoppers. If it helps at all, bonus.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by MB750
Around this part of the country the whole world has gone Corona virus nuts. My county and a couple of others are worse than many of the others. Most places are shut down completely. In those that are not masks are required to enter every store except for one.
We have a local gun store where they have posted on line and on their door that anyone who enters their store had better NOT be wearing a mask. If you wear on into the store it will be looked upon as an act of aggression and delt with accordingly.
I have been in this gun shop. I did NOT wear a mask. My son and his buddy made a special trip there just to buy or order a new gun just because they wanted to show their support of the owners stance on the subject.
The local Mayor and the County commissioners mandated the mask ruling for all businesses.
There are many, myself included, who oppose this mask rule. I refuse to look like a thief just to walk into a place of business.

It is always a good idea when people are on edge to make yourself noticed. This gun store should continue on as they just posted in public that they will shoot people in premeditation, which prosecutors just love, and people on juries who have sick and dead loved ones from a pandemic, will give a sympathetic ear.
Of course the police just love to respond to calls where the store owner has thumbed their nose at ordinances, and now wants the cops to place their lives in jeopardy to save the business owner.
Don;'t wear a mask. Make yourself noticed, so people complain, so you get others sick and they sue you for all you have. Don't wear a mask as the people who complain, call the police, who are annoyed at exposing themselves to an idiot, and it gets heated, they pull their weapons you are screaming as you reach for your copy of the Bill of Rights, they shoot, everyone cheers, and then you can wear a coffin.
Keep calling attention in your communities as the troublemaker, and then the police will focus on you, on what other kinds of laws you are breaking, which is endangering them, as they have to deal with all the problems.
When you create problems for yourselves by thinking you have rights, do not complain when things you set in motion come back and you have arrests, lawyer fees and court costs. Instead call up Rush Limbaugh who put you up to this stuff with open America, as I am sure he will pay all your bills and invite down to stay at the mansion.

As my Grandfather said, "You get yourself into trouble, you are the one who got yourself into trouble, so don't complain about the consequences".

This is not to the time to be making yourself noticed when 70% of Americans want gun stores shut down and 90% want every troublemaker thrown into jail. Attorney General Barr can advocate for your going to Church or ending overreaches, but you are not the Attorney General with an entire department protecting him.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by star flakes

It is always a good idea when people are on edge to make yourself noticed. This gun store should continue on as they just posted in public that they will shoot people in premeditation, which prosecutors just love, and people on juries who have sick and dead loved ones from a pandemic, will give a sympathetic ear.
Of course the police just love to respond to calls where the store owner has thumbed their nose at ordinances, and now wants the cops to place their lives in jeopardy to save the business owner.
Don;'t wear a mask. Make yourself noticed, so people complain, so you get others sick and they sue you for all you have. Don't wear a mask as the people who complain, call the police, who are annoyed at exposing themselves to an idiot, and it gets heated, they pull their weapons you are screaming as you reach for your copy of the Bill of Rights, they shoot, everyone cheers, and then you can wear a coffin.
Keep calling attention in your communities as the troublemaker, and then the police will focus on you, on what other kinds of laws you are breaking, which is endangering them, as they have to deal with all the problems.
When you create problems for yourselves by thinking you have rights, do not complain when things you set in motion come back and you have arrests, lawyer fees and court costs. Instead call up Rush Limbaugh who put you up to this stuff with open America, as I am sure he will pay all your bills and invite down to stay at the mansion.

As my Grandfather said, "You get yourself into trouble, you are the one who got yourself into trouble, so don't complain about the consequences".

This is not to the time to be making yourself noticed when 70% of Americans want gun stores shut down and 90% want every troublemaker thrown into jail. Attorney General Barr can advocate for your going to Church or ending overreaches, but you are not the Attorney General with an entire department protecting him.

After reading your post I firmly believe that if the Govt. sterilized everyone wearing a mask today, the human race would improve immensely.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 05:06 PM

Researchera in South Korea had infected patients cough on petri dishes and found the masks didn't catch much of anything.
article

article

Won't make no difference, they'll be right back on here saying you should wear one.

It'd be a different story if everyone wore professional grade masks. What I'm seeing people wearing Is doing nothing but showing the gov't your a sheep and will roll over.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 05:27 PM

I don’t think this gun store posted the no masks due to compliance with covid guidelines.

I think they did this so that someone considering robbing the place wouldn’t be able to use the Covid ordeal to their advantage by concealing their identity without being challenged.....

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 05:55 PM

article

article

The world renowned Mayo Clinic says masks help, as does most every other hospital in the entire world.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Petri dishes, as you may remember from grade school and high school science classes are intentionally extremely fertile, for growing bacteria on the agar or nutrient broth. There is no immune system in a petri dish. Petri dishes are used to grow bacteria, fungi and small mosses. Viruses will not grow in a standard petri dish. Viruses are grown in a living cell culture.

Keith

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:03 PM

"Helps"

Turning your head away from someone if you sneeze "helps" too.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:13 PM

Look up Universal precautions in health care. This practice has been around for awhile. This is how contagious and infectious diseases are slowed down. Air born disease is harder to stop the spread. Droplet spread and surface is how Corona is spread. Mask is good for droplet. Good for Corona. Washing hands is good for Corona.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:17 PM

I do not like wearing a mask because it is not comfortable, but by golly I will wear one to do my part.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:29 PM

I had to wear a dust mask when I worked construction jack hammering out bricks. When that's your job for 40 hours a week, every little bit "helps".

I imagine if slowing the spread of the virus helps, it's a small sacrifice to make.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:29 PM

Haven't wore a mask or have had to live under a stay at home order since this thing has begun. As an essential worker I deal with the public in some form almost every day. Hygiene(washing hands) is key to avoiding spread IMO. If someone is sick and in a store don't you figure they are contaminating through touch whether wearing a mask or not?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Haven't wore a mask or have had to live under a stay at home order since this thing has begun. As an essential worker I deal with the public in some form almost every day. Hygiene(washing hands) is key to avoiding spread IMO. If someone is sick and in a store don't you figure they are contaminating through touch whether wearing a mask or not?

I would guess most people just mostly pick up what they're buying, like I do and like pretty much everyone else I have seen shop in the last 50 years. Please don't squeeze the charmin, unless you're purchasing it.

Masks are not perfect. Masks do help.

Keith

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:51 PM

What did my Dad useta say? If everyone else jumped off the bridge , would you?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 06:56 PM

The anti-masks guys argument has the same logic as, "When I smell a fart, a little bit goes up my nose and in my mouth, therefore I am just going to shove feces up my nose and eat it since I can't comprehend the difference in exposure and don't like being told not to shove feces up my nose and not to eat it."

Keith

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:01 PM

Some y'all think viruses grow in Petri dishes. I won't be following that bunch.

My dad used to say, God gave you a brain, use it.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:02 PM

As long as it makes you feel safer, go for it.

Don't try to close my business down because I don't wear and don't care if you do when you come in my shop.I

This craziness needs to end, people are going broke over it that shouldn't be because of bs. I'm lucky that I could stay open as essential, but many arnt .

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by star flakes

"When you create problems for yourselves by thinking you have rights..." Wow.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:04 PM

Ps, Cuomo did a survey and found out 66 percent of the infected were people who sheltered in place and didn't go out.

Figure that one out, he couldn't when asked about it.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by amspoker

Some y'all think viruses grow in Petri dishes. I won't be following that bunch.

My dad used to say, God gave you a brain, use it.

If you read the study I posted, you'll find that the researchers didn't test the petri dish for virus. They swabbed the inside and outside of the mask that the patients coughed in, and actually found more virus outside the mask than inside. Anybody with a brain knows viruses don't grow in petri dishes wink

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:16 PM

The mask has become a symbol of compliance, you know, for the greater good. Ya gotta wonder if there is a stomach flu pandemic, will all you'ins wear depends? probrably some would wear them on the outside.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Still demonstrating you don't get it.

If I am going sneeze at your face, who do you want to be wearing a mask? You or me?
Posted By: Squaretimber

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:21 PM

Agway in Grove City

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:24 PM

If you read the study I posted, you'll find that the researchers didn't test the petri dish for virus. They swabbed the inside and outside of the mask that the patients coughed in, and actually found more virus outside the mask than inside. Anybody with a brain knows viruses don't grow in petri dishes wink

article

Sorry. I thought you meant what you said.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:25 PM

If I am going sneeze at your face, who do you want to be wearing a mask? You or me?

You're not getting it either. If I'm walking through Walmart unknowingly pumping covid19 all over the place through the huge gaps in my mask and I'm asymptomatic, do you trust a mask with huge gaps to keep you safe? Some people that shouldn't be out expect that mask with huge gaps to keep them safe.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:25 PM

Do they have a website I can order from and if so would someone post a link. I and my FFL dealer are willing to wait in line for what we hope are a couple months of back orders.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:26 PM

article

Sorry. I thought you meant what you said.

I also posted the article for it to be read.
here's the full paper from the annals of internal medicine

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:29 PM

Suppose Paul could put a little facemask on your online emoji? You guys are good entertainment, hard to believe that on a site where most everyone has skun a greasy worm filled coon or a flea ridden stink dog bare handed sometimes in the dark under a tree and not washed their hands for another couple hours afterwards is all facemask and gloves cause someone three counties over coughed.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:31 PM

Given the choice:
  • wear a mask
or
  • have your livelihood stolen by the fascist government.
I'll wear the mask.

And, for the record, I believe that mask does have it's purpose. No, it doesn't protect me; but, it lowers the chance that I give it to you. If you're too stubborn to wear one-stay away from me.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:33 PM

I wonder, could'ja drink a Lonestar through a mask?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:34 PM

Did you ever have face covering when outside in the cold, and see the vapor from your breath?

Ya know what causes the vapor you see?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:36 PM

hippie, next time try spitting with that face covering on.

Do you know what stopped it?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:40 PM

What do you think causes the vapor you see?

Don't side step that it's water/spit vapor.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:43 PM

The glob of spit does not get through.

Don't side step the fact that it is somewhat effective.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:48 PM

Show me where I said it doesnt .

I first said, get a professional grade one of you want any protection to amount to something. That post is on the second page.

These cloth ones do squat.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:50 PM

Squat is better than nothing.

Have you tried to buy a professional grade one lately?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:52 PM

Your wife isn't making you wear a mask is she?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:54 PM

I'm thinking ear mask would serve some on here well, it would help keep the wind from blowing thru their heads, lol. Why does people use coffee filters in their coffee pots, that's right ! Wake up and smell the coffee.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
Squat is better than nothing.

Have you tried to buy a professional grade one lately?

No, I'm not worried about it.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 07:59 PM

Possum skin mask, has to be better than cloth

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:04 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:26 PM

I bet more people die from rabies then suffocates with air face mask!
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:33 PM

Bottom line is do what you want. Hope you don't get the virus and or give it to someone else. Pray for the medical industry.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:38 PM

The mask has become a symbol of compliance, you know, for the greater good. Ya gotta wonder if there is a stomach flu pandemic, will all you'ins wear depends? probrably some would wear them on the outside.

I understand your desire not to wear a mask, after all that is your right. Well unless you live in a state with some tyrannical governor that forces masks.

But I'm wondering why you feel the need to denigrate those that are willing to wear a mask if they feel it helps protect their health or the health of others.

Should be your right not to wear a mask without having people give you a bad time for not wearing one. But then the reverse is also true, or should be true.

Willingly wearing a mask in certain situations is not a symbol of compliance, it's a symbol of caring, whether it's for yourself, your family, or others. Trying to make those that wear a mask appear weak because you feel they willingly comply isn't help you prove your point.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:40 PM

Off topic! I am a big 2A supporter but I am against open carry. It should be concealed. Why in the world would you want to open carry anyway. The bad guy see's your carrying and has a weapon and gets the jump on you and takes your weapon. These idiots protesting and open carrying firearms gives the 2A a bad reputation in my book. I guess they think they are tough guys by open carry. All it does is cause the anti gun people to flip out and may cause a disturbance. I just don't understand why you would want to open carry. Give me a reason.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:45 PM

This is getting complicated. Lets do this:
Wear a mask if you want to.
Don't wear a mask if you don't want to. laugh
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 08:47 PM

This thread is bizarre to me.

Science says smoking bans are dumb.
MEDICAL EXAMINER
We Used Terrible Science to Justify Smoking Bans
Will we look at the new evidence for long enough to at least consider whether we’ve gone too far?

Time to get rid of those crap rules right, because our own beliefs trump those of all others right?
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 09:00 PM

Simplified

Attached picture 0A8A7C94-6816-4074-91C0-626918404818.jpeg
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 09:03 PM

Whatever the case, the big social experiment to find out is underway.

Went to Lowes today.....stayed in the truck. Employee loaded my tomato cage wire in the back. But it took about 15 minutes to get it done. Sat 9AM. Parking lot full.....tons of folks coming and going. Only 1 in 4 had a mask on. Young, old, couples. No masks. Same with Sams, grocery store and Walmart. Tons of folks out and about. And no social distancing anywhere.

If that was a bad choice, we will know it in a week or so. If not........risk of getting virus is or has become nil. But whatever, we are about to find out.

As for masks.......why does a surgeon wear one? Why does the girl who cleans my teeth wear one? She took care of my buzzards breath with that snort of Listerine she made me use.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by hunter88

I understand your desire not to wear a mask, after all that is your right. Well unless you live in a state with some tyrannical governor that forces masks.

But I'm wondering why you feel the need to denigrate those that are willing to wear a mask if they feel it helps protect their health or the health of others.

Should be your right not to wear a mask without having people give you a bad time for not wearing one. But then the reverse is also true, or should be true.

Willingly wearing a mask in certain situations is not a symbol of compliance, it's a symbol of caring, whether it's for yourself, your family, or others. Trying to make those that wear a mask appear weak because you feel they willingly comply isn't help you prove your point.

It is a symbol of fear and compliance, period. Look at the eyes behind them, here where it isn't "mandatory" the people wearing them are scared for themselves.
Posted By: Farmdog

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 11:14 PM

[

That is not the case at all in my area of PA. All public places have it posted on the doors as required to enter, yet it is not being strictly enforced in many places. Activity slowed down here for about two weeks in April, otherwise, if you were kept in the dark, it would be hard to tell there was any pandemic crisis. Thankfully there is the news to keep me informed.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 11:40 PM

If I must wear a mask I will not go in your store period I fell like the gun shop does on the subject .

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/09/20 11:46 PM

It is a symbol of fear and compliance, period. Look at the eyes behind them, here where it isn't "mandatory" the people wearing them are scared for themselves.

I wear one at the grocery store, but not from fear or compliance. I wear one because at my age I feel it's in my best interest. Aside from a trip to my local home improvement store, that is about the only time I wear a mask. But then I'm not around a lot of people. My children would like me to be more careful then I am, but I figure a person has to live their life and can't live it in fear. Use common sense practices and go on with your life.

Now to me if there's compliance, it's from the people that refuse to wear a mask. Here people are sure it's no worse then the flu and all these precautions are stupid, there's no way they're wearing a mask. So here all these people are falling in line, following each other's lead, and complying with the let's not wear a mask because it's stupid. Oh and while we're at it, let's make sure we make those that wish to use masks feel as if they are selling their freedom by telling them they are complying and living in fear. Is there really a need to do that? You can't be happy with just not wearing a mask, you have to tell those that disagree with you they are weak, complying and fearful. Does that do something for you?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 12:04 AM

I haven't worn a mask yet in any store that is open. Nothing has been said to me. Everyone else wears one so I should be good. I cant breathe right with one on so I don't wear one. I go to Walmart every week never wore one in the store yet. I keep looking for yeast. Lots of flour now though it seems.

Folks generally practiced social distancing from me long before it was popular. grin
Posted By: brisket

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The anti-masks guys argument has the same logic as, "When I smell a fart, a little bit goes up my nose and in my mouth, therefore I am just going to shove feces up my nose and eat it since I can't comprehend the difference in exposure and don't like being told not to shove feces up my nose and not to eat it."

Keith

couldn't be better worded
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 12:19 AM

We've been hoodwinked!!!!
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 12:23 AM

George Carlin did a stint on "fear of germs". Google it and watch it. It may be comedy but it sure fits this covid- 19 time pretty well. For anyone who knows George Carlin you know he is very vulgar and that is why I don't post a link. There is however sensored version for those who don't want to hear the vulgarity. Whatcha it, if for nothing else a good laugh.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 01:29 AM

Went to some stores this week. Wore mask at Dollar general but not at Amish stores. Cracks me up, most people don't really have the masks over their noses, so what does it really do? My glasses start steaming up immediately, what does that tell me? The breathing particles are not being kept in by the mask. They can't be good for you if you do have breathing problems, because you can't breathe normally.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 01:43 AM

went into autozone yesterday for some oil. Didn't wear a mask. One of the employees came over to me and says I have to have one on and hands me one they have made from a blue shop towel and rubber bands. I started laughing out loud. No way I was putting that thing on. as I went by the checkout I seen they had it roped off and NO ONE was to cross the rope. I swear it looked like everyone working there was in total fear.

Then the local wally neighborhood market store. You have to have a mask to get in. I seen every type face covering you can imagine. I laughed at most. The majority of the employees had theirs pulled down so they could breath through their nose, with some being even lower. One fella had a huge beard. He was wearing one of the little white dust masks that had to be at least 2 inches from his face. I asked him if he thought it was really helping, he said H... No but I still have to shop.

The only masks that do much of anything are those that are custom fit to each person, then TESTED. We had those in the EMS field. Anything and/or everything else in pretty much useless.

Even my HEPA masks only block stuff down to 3 microns. This virus is 2 microns.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 02:27 AM

Maybe they want to stay open and not have to shut down like some of the meat packing places.

Maybe this has been posted in the following pages, haven't read them all yet. Most of the pork processing places are opening back up with employees wearing masks and other protective gear. Smithfield in Sioux Falls has started but will be going as much as possible by end of this coming week, although product production will be down. JBS in Worhington, MN and I think the Tyson plant in Waterloo, Iowa are either up and running or will be by the end of the coming week. I'm sure production will be down with all the added "safety" measures but they will be slaughtering hogs and making them into meat items.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 03:30 AM

I saw an md on TV explain it this way.......he said the virus is heavy. When you cough or breathe out it falls down right away as opposed to others that float in air and named off a bunch. The six foot thing is so it could fall out of the air before another breaths it. The mask was for times you can't keep away from people. I have no idea if that's even remotely true, just what I heard....,,,,..,shane
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 04:04 AM

Masks show the submission of the peons
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 04:14 AM

Mask or no mask it's your choice do what you want. Viruses get on everything and they will get transferred this virus can live for days on many surfaces. Keeping people locked up for long periods will only make it worse when we come out of the lock down. Covid-19 will still be here and people will be more susceptible to things like the flu due to the long term isolation. The lock-downs were to protect the hospitals from being overwhelmed which never happened, there is no proven therapeutic and will not be one for a month at minimum and a vaccine will probably be more than a year. Current studies show the mortality verses infection rate to be under 2% make your own choices. Viruses can be "grown" in petri dishes and flasks they just need a live cell culture to act as the host for replication.
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 06:01 AM

The expert nationally Dr Michael Osterholm Of the U of Minnesota who’s all over the place Tv ,newspapers and is as paranoid and negative about this virus as anyone. Has flat out said other than medical type masks they do no good. The sheep are following the BS and PC crowd. How dare you not wear a mask. Murderer. People are scared stupid.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 01:11 PM

Dr So-and-so said this....Dr Blah-blah-blah said that....Even the professionals don't agree.

When it comes time for the Nobel prizes they'll probably be conceding to Greta Thunberg.

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 02:17 PM

I wonder, Is BuckNe wearing a mask?

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 02:49 PM

If that ever happens Chuck Schumer will be wearing his down around his knees. laugh

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 03:49 PM

I wonder, Is BuckNe wearing a mask?

Heck no !
Posted By: Big George W

Re: Please Don't wear a mask in here. - 05/10/20 04:07 PM

Some of the guys at the plant found these Confederate Flag - I don't know what you call them - they are like a cloth tube you pull over your heard, and it can cover your neck and face quite effectively, and I have to say they seal and work quite well... I will actually continue to wear mine after this is over because the air quality on the assembly line is so terrible, I no longer notice the inside of my mouth being coated with all the dust, etc.... that's in the air from all the different manufacturing processes going on - so something very good has come out of this for me smile

But yeah, my leadman - he wore a mask into a store - black man with a black mask - and the store owners thought they were going to get robbed [they were black too !!] so.... my own opinion, if your's not crawling on top of one another, you should not be wearing a mask, especially outdoors....

It's astonishing the amount of people by them selves in their own cars with masks and gloves on, like - really ??? UNLESS they got an elderly parent they are driving around or something...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums