Don't jump the gun yet.
Tom
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Don't jump the gun yet.
Tom

X2.

It’s only the middle of April. Many conventions don't happen until August or later. Too early to give up,hope.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 07:23 AM

I don't drive to these things often ,NTA (hardly ever)but why does it seem everytime I think about going it's in Michigan?
Posted By: yooperfur

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 08:06 AM

most if not all outdoor functions, concert, festivals are all ready cancel. I wasn't planning on going to any this year but I feel bad about all the venders losing out
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Don't jump the gun yet.
Tom

x3
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 09:51 AM

Cattaraugus county Trapper's rendezvous in Western NY is in the beginning of August and im still holding out hope. If it weren't for this forum and conventions and rendezvous I wouldn't talk to too many like minded people. God bless all that hold up our traditions and use our sustainable natural resources
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
I don't drive to these things often ,NTA (hardly ever)but why does it seem everytime I think about going it's in Michigan?

That state has liked holding the NTAs. The NTA goes to whoever puts in the bids.

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Cattaraugus county Trapper's rendezvous in Western NY is in the beginning of August and im still holding out hope. If it weren't for this forum and conventions and rendezvous I wouldn't talk to too many like minded people. God bless all that hold up our traditions and use our sustainable natural resources

i'm not far if ya ever wanna hang out and bs or anything.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 12:01 PM

We'll have to get together sounds good twerker. For now I'll have to keep in touch through the his forum. Thanks

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 12:03 PM

anytime,i'm only 20 min east of Olean.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 12:03 PM

the U P trappers show is july 10-11 , is still on at this time
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren

Where is it being held?

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 12:50 PM

i keep the fact none have cancelled as a positive be it grabbin at straws or not.

first couple may be sparse sailin but if they go ok--who knows.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 01:06 PM

I sure hope not, we can spread out, I suspect attendance to be off.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 01:13 PM

The # of people buying into throwing away freedom, HARD WON FREEDOM at that, for some pretend safety simply blows my mind.....

I've never really liked crowds of people anyway but a Rendezvous of like minded folks was one of the gatherings I would go to...

This crap is completely out of control....heads need to roll! I don't think we'll ever find out the truth, about a LOT of things...

I do think, if he's still open, I'll have spend my stimulus at Trapper Paul's.....hope he likes my cammo face mask and doesn't shoot at me....hahahaha

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 01:17 PM

yeah,i feel like the only one not tryin to rob a bank lately. grin
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by harrison72
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren

Where is it being held?

Escanaba

http://uptrappers.com/website/
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 01:47 PM

The problem I see Is If you have been out of work for 4 months are you going to afford things like trapping supplies. And In the past people traveled 100s of miles to go to these conventions. Are they still going make that drive? Are the dealers going to travel 400 and 500 miles to attend these conventions. Haven't heard anything about the FT convention but that Is In June so that might not happen.
And then we have a fur market that's In a downward spiral. Lots of things to take Into consideration.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 01:49 PM

I'm kinda hoping the opposite may happen to some extent. People will be eager to travel and spend some money after being unable to do so for months.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 03:35 PM

Indiana and a few surrounding states are eyeing an early May re-opening....If that happens, a Mid-June FTA Convention is entirely possible.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 03:51 PM

As bad as the fur market is social distancing won't be a problem.

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
The problem I see Is If you have been out of work for 4 months are you going to afford things like trapping supplies. And In the past people traveled 100s of miles to go to these conventions. Are they still going make that drive? Are the dealers going to travel 400 and 500 miles to attend these conventions. Haven't heard anything about the FT convention but that Is In June so that might not happen.
And then we have a fur market that's In a downward spiral. Lots of things to take Into consideration.

Debbie Downer
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 05:11 PM

Just telling It like It Is.

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 05:22 PM

ya gotta know by now Beav. i aint good with reality. grin
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 05:46 PM

A trapping convention is more than spending money on supplies. It can be cheap entertainment. Lots of things to look at and lots of people to talk to.

After paying ten bucks to get in, you can go the entire day without having to spend any money. Except to maybe buy lunch or a cold beverage. After being cooped up for weeks or months, might be the perfect excuse for a road trip.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 05:48 PM

We can guess all we want. The best way is if the society loosens up by say August-October and the conventions are on we will find out who goes and what they have to spend or will spend.

Bryce
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Trapping convention - 04/19/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
The problem I see Is If you have been out of work for 4 months are you going to afford things like trapping supplies.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but people on unemployment in NY are getting their regular benefits plus an additional $600 a week
© 2024 Trapperman Forums