Home

Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 04:12 PM

I just saw a news segment in which a man was dragged off a bus by police in Philadelphia for not wearing a mask. Another women was ticketed by police in eastern PA for driving alone in her vehicle.;One governor wants stores to cordon off areas in their stores that sell supplies such as paint. Other governors are or want to claim firearms sells are not essential business. Is this taking it too far? I can see where this can get out of hand real quick.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 04:28 PM

Control freaks!! I saw a pastor from Greenville, MS telling his story how a dozen cop cars showed up at their stay-in-your-car church service they were doing. The pastor knew how to do social distancing but the Greenville mayor had some sort of bug up his/her *** thinking church services was where the virus was spreading. I wonder how many cops are refusing to enfoce some of the stupid people control stuff that's out there. I hope there are a few...
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 04:29 PM

Yes, some States and Municipalities are taking it from a social distancing standpoint to their own personal agenda's. It is blatant overreach imo. Here's some of what's going on. In the video you see where a cop says, your rights are suspended. That's scary!

Over the top lock down measures.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I just saw a news segment in which a man was dragged off a bus by police in Philadelphia for not wearing a mask. Another women was ticketed by police in eastern PA for driving alone in her vehicle.;One governor wants stores to cordon off areas in their stores that sell supplies such as paint. Other governors are or want to claim firearms sells are not essential business. Is this taking it too far? I can see where this can get out of hand real quick.

Way too far. Most masks people wear do squat to keep the virus out anyway, they are just to catch your spit if you sneeze.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Control freaks!! I saw a pastor from Greenville, MS telling his story how a dozen cop cars showed up at their stay-in-your-car church service they were doing. The pastor knew how to do social distancing but the Greenville mayor had some sort of bug up his/her *** thinking church services was where the virus was spreading. I wonder how many cops are refusing to enfoce some of the stupid people control stuff that's out there. I hope there are a few...

Probably none to very little. Most aren't going to give up a good job and a pension because of their personal beliefs. If the chief says "so and so church is having service today, go ticket them all", how many do you think are going to throw their badge on the desk and quit and walk out? Not many.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 05:09 PM

All the cops worth their badge will remind whoever tries to send them out for such a thing, that they gave their word to uphold the constitution.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 05:12 PM

We are constantly told that without religion our civilization will cease to exist. I say that without law we are doomed. There is no law if a handful of people are allowed to suspend existing law simply by making a proclamation.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 05:26 PM

Shortly after, the bus line suspended the rule needing to wear them. The bus line has some common sense it appears.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

Taking it way to far..
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 06:25 PM

Its quite un nerving when churches can't have the congregation gather, yet factories in this same area, with hundreds of people with in close proximity, are allowed to carry on as usual.

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 06:36 PM

Heck, our governor in his great wisdom has outlawed burning outside. Now you have to ask, how does burning outside risk people?

Well, I had to ask. Lol

If, between rainfalls which are happening every other day, you decide to burn and catch something on fire, you'd be putting firefighters at risk of giving each other the virus.

They're, the democrat governors, ate just seeing how far they can go. He got his fingers slapped when he tried to shut down gun stores, so he's trying something else.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 06:52 PM

Our Village does not allow any leaf or brush burning anytime. Also the outdoor wood burning stoves. I have a daughter that has asthma. It gets bad enough she has to go to the hospital to get breathing again some time. Our New one in Michigan is you can not fish in a boat with a motor on it.

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 07:05 PM

We're beside a campground and the wife complains every summer about the smoke from campfires.
I don't even notice it, but can see how some do.

As far as the outdoor burning, it has to be an ego trip I figure for the gov.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 09:50 PM

And y'all think cops won't do as they're told when given an order....
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Man dragged off bus for not wearing mask - 04/11/20 11:31 PM

I think the law enforcement action depends on the area. The area I live in the county sheriff does the law enforcement and we are not having many issues. I have to travel daily for my job and have not seen any problems. He went about it the right way and asked people to comply within reason. In this area the are no local police and very little state trooper contact. I'm more worried about our power hungry Governor, can't imagine if she was the VP and second in line.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums