Home

NRA sounds like it needs a new leader

Posted By: trapper234

NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 03:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qyGi9TpVRA&list=WL&index=4
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 08:57 AM

I've just about lost all respect for the NRA. I now equate them to PETA, talk a lot, collect a lot of $ & do nothing except enrich the administration.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 08:59 AM

Its no secret that the NRA talking heads and PETA talking heads are as close to the same caliber as 9mm and 38 special.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 09:01 AM

Send your money to the G.O.A. They will fight for your right to be armed rather than support gun control at the federal level

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Send your money to the G.O.A. They will fight for your right to be armed rather than support gun control at the federal level

I agree and I just joined the GOA.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 10:59 AM

Yes and yes. Also the SAF is good too.
Posted By: hippie

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 11:14 AM

Good ya signed up!
We need all of them !! The NRA spent 30 million getting Trump elected, so don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
Good ya signed up!
We need all of them !! The NRA spent 30 million getting Trump elected, so don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

The NRA needs restructured and if they ever get right, they need to focus on the youth with Eddie Eagle and safety, educational programs. They need to stay out of the courtrooms. If every NRA member joined the GOA, we would start getting ahead of this mess we're in.
Posted By: Squash

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 11:36 AM

Wayne needs to go, never liked him. Our local Friends of the NRA banquet was poorly attended the last 2 years.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:01 PM

They need to go back to being the civilian marksmanship program. Armed capable citizens are the only reason Japan didn’t attack California. Instead of promoting gun control they could be expanding safety classes like was mentioned. Teaching marksmanship and promoting competition.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:06 PM

Yeah, they are overdue to have some serious corrections. I became a lifer about forty years ago, and all they have done ever since is call every week and ask for more money. I cut them off a long time ago, even Stevie Wonder could see through the scams! How about a china made pocket knife?
Posted By: Cragar

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:12 PM

We need someone like Neal Knox (RIP) to head the NRA.
He stood for NO infringements on the 2nd amendment. Period.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:22 PM

That Colin guy that is in some of the video's Finster post would be a good one.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:39 PM

I believe we need to "drain the swamp" in the NRA. Money and greed has taken over. Colin would be a great choice to lead and fix it.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22

Colin Noir is spot on. Serious defender of the 2nd amendment.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:47 PM

X2
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 12:54 PM

All the alphabet groups "LOOKING OUT FOR US"!
shocked
Posted By: MChewk

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 02:07 PM

Guys I have NEVER seen a GOA ad. in any of the outdoor, trapping hunting mag.s that I get. I am a life NRA member as well as my oldest son...I need some more contact information on GOA
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 02:11 PM

I dropped the NRA couple of years back as I don't support gun control groups. The way I see it, they do not want to fix the problem, as then they would have no scares left to beg for more money to enrich the crooks at the top. They have taken the model of the democrat party as their standard.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 02:17 PM

GOA guys. Please post some major things they accomplished on the state and federal level to stop gun control measures so I know my money is well spent if I join them. I have yet to see a tv ad they produced.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
GOA guys. Please post some major things they accomplished on the state and federal level to stop gun control measures so I know my money is well spent if I join them. I have yet to see a tv ad they produced.

Go to their website and read up on what they do Gpa, they're getting things done and could use more support.

Gun Owners of America website.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 02:56 PM

Thats probably because they spend our money to get results for us instead on TV adds begging for more money.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 02:59 PM

They're not big enough to do much YET.

Their yearly intake is around 2.5 million and keeping with the crux of this thread, around 10% of that goes to the Executives.

We need them all, make no mistake about it. The democrats don't hate the NRA because they're anti-gun.
Posted By: waggler

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 03:03 PM

It is still the best thing we have going, let's not give the anti gun folks what they want; divide and conquer.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 03:09 PM

They need to go back to being the civilian marksmanship program. Armed capable citizens are the only reason Japan didn’t attack California. Instead of promoting gun control they could be expanding safety classes like was mentioned. Teaching marksmanship and promoting competition.

Its one of my favorite urban legends. But....its just that....a legend. The Jap admiral never said that.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 03:11 PM

I was a NRA member back in the 90s. I liked that they sejt me a magazine and gave me a decal to be show my support. That was before the internet and greater coverage and transparency. Now I figure my resources can be used better otherwise.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

They're not big enough to do much YET.

Their yearly intake is around 2.5 million and keeping with the crux of this thread, around 10% of that goes to the Executives.

We need them all, make no mistake about it. The democrats don't hate the NRA because they're anti-gun.

They have over 2 million members and growing, the intake is a bit more than 2.5 mil. You ask the dems who they'd rather negotiate with lol.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 03:22 PM

Whining about money and vague accusations is all I'm hearing here.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 04:38 PM

Actually, if the democrats read this thread they are smiling since we are accomplishing what they want to do. Destroy the NRA. I doubt they care about the GOA and by the time the GOA gets big enough to accomplish their goals, it may be too late for gun owners. Support both organizations.
Posted By: Squash

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 04:45 PM

[quote=drasselt]Whining about money and vague accusations is all I'm hearing here.[/quote

So you think Wayne Lapierre is worth 3 million $ per year ?? What has the NRA done to counter NY’s SAFE Act ????

I’m a life member and the NRA will not receive another penny from me until he’s gone.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 05:04 PM

Lapierre has been a resolute leader.

The changing face of the SCOTUS is becoming much more logical for dragging Cuomo into court. Fight to win, don't fight to lose.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 05:05 PM

They have over 2 million members and growing, the intake is a bit more than 2.5 mil. You ask the dems who they'd rather negotiate with lol.

After searching I found their most recent tax filing, 2018.

They listed 4.4 million, up from 2.2 million in 2017. Big donations ? Good , hope people keep donating to go. Groups!

As far as memberships I don't know how they count them. But the numbers I posted are the tax filings I found.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by drasselt
Lapierre has been a resolute leader.

The changing face of the SCOTUS is becoming much more logical for dragging Cuomo into court. Fight to win, don't fight to lose.

I

The good never gets credit with some !!
Posted By: 30/06

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 05:12 PM

The NRA has become an arm of the Republican Party, and I'm an Independant.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 05:39 PM

Not sure that is an accurate statement since the NRA grades candidates from all parties. Trouble with Dems is that most of the time the Republicans earn a much higher grade. That said like it or not we have a 2 party system. Partys come and Partys go but unless you are with one of the 2 major parties your voice is quickly lost.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 09:24 PM

X2

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 09:27 PM

I now joined both the GOA and SAF and NRA will not see my money until there is change, Colion Noir would be my pick for sure. https://www.youtube.com/user/MrColionNoir

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 09:31 PM

Let go of your pride. Lots of us have supported the NRA. If you don't agree with Nancy Pelosi and the NRA that "common sense gun control" is a real thing then quit sending them money. The only shame is refusing to admit you were wrong.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/10/20 09:44 PM

I am also a member of this organization , actually a life member. They are sorta related to the SAF.

[Linked Image]
I understand some people's frustration currently with the NRA. One of the frustrations is they constantly badger you for money. I get it too. Funny thing is I am a Benefactor life member , the highest level of paid membership. They really can't sell me a higher level. But they still badger me for things like the 'golden eagles' thing and other stuff like very pricey dinners to sit near high level officials at donor dinners.

It is a PIA to get pestered all the time , but remember the other side is scooping up every dollar they can to fight the 2nd amendment. It is a battle of money , lawyers and lobbyists. The other side has a lot of that at their fingertips.

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/11/20 07:37 AM

I get mad every time I think about how many of my dollars went to the NRA only to have them support the national gun owner registry
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NRA sounds like it needs a new leader - 04/11/20 11:55 AM

This is the letter I sent to the NRA this past July:

Palmer, Ak 99645

The National Rifle Association of America
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
July 4, 2019

Dear Sir or Madam:

In keeping with the spirit of July 4th, 1776, I am declaring my independence from the National Rifle Association of America. My view of our beloved 2nd Amendment has not changed; rather, the NRA itself has changed. It no longer is focused on citizen marksmanship and gun safety programs. Instead, it has become a lobbying arm of the firearms industry and the Republican Party, and like far too many organizations that focus on partisan political activities and not the needs of its members, it has become corrupted by greed and power-mongering. I feel that Wayne LaPierre bears more responsibility for promulgating and allowing these changes to occur than anyone else in the NRA.

I will not be renewing my membership in the NRA. Please remove my name and address from all mailing lists related to and/or maintained by the NRA. Please remove my name and phone number from all call lists related to and/or maintained by the NRA.

As long as Wayne LaPierre has any role, officially or unofficially, with the NRA, I will have nothing to do with the organization.

With my most sincere wishes for a better future for the NRA,

(Name Removed)
NRA Member ID #0000XXXXXX
© 2024 Trapperman Forums