Home

NO camping in nebraska now

Posted By: loosegoose

NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:10 PM

The governor issued another royal decree yesterday that camping is now forbidden in Nebraska state parks, state rec areas, and wildlife management areas. No idea why, the whole point of camping is to distance yourself from others, unless it's the camper-in-a-parking-lot variety of camping. No idea yet if it applies to NRD wildlife management areas, but I'm guessing it does.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:17 PM

What I'm hearing along that line is that while people can distance in camp setting. They all running to same out houses..
We have day use parks here that are open, but the restrooms are locked..

Mac
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:20 PM

Going to be a mess trying to figure out my turkey hunting this year I can do it with minimal human contact just need to be able to get there and back is all.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:21 PM

I hope they putting up signs where the restrooms are locked for people to bring a shovel so they can dig a hole and bury their poo stead of leaving it on top the ground someplace. I am sure there are folks not smart enough to bury their waste.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:22 PM

Can't even camp on remote public land in northern Michigan now either. One of my warden pals is finding all manner of folks squatting out in the state land here (60+ percent of my county is state). Apparently downstate city folks are bugging out.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I hope they putting up signs where the restrooms are locked for people to bring a shovel so they can dig a hole and bury their poo stead of leaving it on top the ground someplace. I am sure there are folks not smart enough to bury their waste.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with the Valentine National Wildlife Refuge manager. (Federal) This refuge is 35 miles from town. He wanted all the trees cut down around the boat ramps because folks were going back in the trees to poop. I suggested porta potties. He said, no, that just requires more maintenance. They're just gonna have to hold it until they get back to town. 35 miles away. Government intelligence at work.

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
What I'm hearing along that line is that while people can distance in camp setting. They all running to same out houses..
We have day use parks here that are open, but the restrooms are locked..

Mac

Most state parks here have restrooms, some SRAs do, but almost none of the WMAs do, and if they have any, it's usually a portapotty shot full of holes and so nasty inside that you're better off digging a hole anyway.

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:45 PM

Just called the local NRD, they said their areas are still open to camping, so it's just the state-owned stuff that's closed.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

They got signs here posted about using the parks at your own risk.. lot of them park out houses close for the winter because there not heated. Couple places they put blue rooms during winter.. Those blue rooms are use at your own risk most the time anyway.. Always a crappy mess and full of used needles.. Homeless folks trash them.
Been years ago already now the state closed up the most all old one holers out houses along state hwy waysides.. didn't want expense of maintain them. People are just slobs I can't believe people can crap all over like do..

Mac
Posted By: Catch22

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 02:43 PM

Things in some areas seem to be going a little to far. Safety is giving way to Agenda.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 02:49 PM

Example. Paddle boarder arrested.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 03:01 PM

Once people believe that the government should be their caretaker, there is no more individual liberty. The number one goal of every politician is re-election or better yet lifetime law maker, the #2 goal is more power.
Posted By: Owen

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 03:02 PM

Same thing here in Arkansas. Our parks were FULL of out of state campers and video shows they were not even trying to practice social distancing. Made the all day use only.
Posted By: Owen

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 03:02 PM

Same thing here in Arkansas. Our parks were FULL of out of state campers and video shows they were not even trying to practice social distancing. Made them all day use only.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 04:21 PM

I have 3 tents and two hammocks with rain covers and mosquito netting, I wonder how long it is b4 such items are considered contraband if I get pulled over.

Watch our stimulus money go to training dogs to sniff out camping gear and hidden hoards of toilet paper.
Posted By: bogio

Re: NO camping in nebraska now - 04/03/20 05:16 PM

As a park ranger I can attest to the fact that people are barbarians when it comes to public restroom use. Not only do they crap all over, they finger paint with it, smear it high on the walls and ceilings and take the globes down from light fixtures to fill with urine so that the heat from the bulb turns into a horrendous stink generator. Showers are no better. Summer before last we had some character build a snow man with their poop, then completely grease the shower rod with the excess on their hands and finish up by using the curtain to wipe off the remainder.

And then when you interact with these folks in the campgrounds or at the boat ramps, what's the first thing they do? Poke their hand out to shake yours.........no thanks, I don't shake hands.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums