Home

Selling fur tomorrow Update Sold

Posted By: illinideer

Selling fur tomorrow Update Sold - 02/06/20 07:43 PM

Getting most of my fur ready to sell tomorrow 7 coyote and 18 or 19 coon. I'll be selling to Groeny when they come through Quincy IL tomorrow night. I'll post what I get for them
J
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 07:46 PM

Those two red ones you may want to have tanned. They look pretty good but not usually very desirable to the fur buyer. Looks like nice prime coons too. I'm selling what's left for coons in my freezer to Groenwald tomorrow evening too.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 07:53 PM

hope you do well
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 08:28 PM

Hope your prices are favorable!!
Posted By: hippie

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 08:29 PM

Nice hides, good luck!
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 09:28 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 09:35 PM

Hope you do well. I guess about 8.00 each on the coon and if you sell the red coyotes too I guess 20.00 on the yotes. This fur market is a buyers market right now. Sell at your own risk. LLL
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 09:35 PM

Hope you do Well
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 09:44 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: nyrat

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/06/20 11:45 PM

give you 30 plus shipping for the 2 red ones
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 03:28 AM

Nice haul, good luck!
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 04:04 AM

If you look at my post, 'Grony truck", I sold today. Be ready for very low coon prices due to Grony not being able to get the coons into China and sold due to the coronavirus epidemic.
Coyotes still sold good, but I doubt you'll get more than $5 for red ones.
Good luck.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 05:34 AM

Good luck

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo
If you look at my post, 'Grony truck", I sold today. Be ready for very low coon prices due to Grony not being able to get the coons into China and sold due to the coronavirus epidemic.
Coyotes still sold good, but I doubt you'll get more than $5 for red ones.
Good luck.

Seen your post I have one more red coyote in the freezer that i saved. Ill take what i can get I have a few more in the freezer to finish that may goto fha to see what happens.
J
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by nyrat

Is that offer $30.00 EACH or $30.00 for TWO plus shipping ?

w
Posted By: MrsFord

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Those two red ones you may want to have tanned. They look pretty good but not usually very desirable to the fur buyer. Looks like nice prime coons too. I'm selling what's left for coons in my freezer to Groenwald tomorrow evening too.

I was gonna say the same about the red ones! They would make beautiful wall hangers or even some awesome hats!!!
Good luck with the fur sales everyone!

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by nyrat

w

30 a pair or each
J
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by illinideer
Originally Posted by walleyed

w

30 a pair or each
J

That's a heck of a deal, Illini.

I'd be all over that considering the state of the current raw fur market.

Also Mark Clark (nyrat) is a great guy to deal with, business wise !!! smile

w

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 05:04 PM

someone's reading comprehension needs work. Maybe its mine. ???

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 07:26 PM

Mark I replied to your PM
J
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 08:16 PM

Good luck
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 11:37 PM

Have you gone to the GFW fur mobile yet? If so, did you take their offer or did you walk...?
Posted By: Dave 1957

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 11:55 PM

Anyone sell any otters to groeny this year.

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/07/20 11:58 PM

Results?

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 12:20 AM

4 coyote 10
1 coyote 35
2 coon 10
7 coon 3
10 coon 6
176 total
About what I expected I have a couple more coyote and a 8 or 9 more coon to put up going to send them to FHA just to see what happens. The 2 red coyotes I did sell to Mark
J

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 01:01 AM

Coon price was not bad!

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 01:06 AM

I sold Groenwald 49 green coons. 35 @ $5 and about gave away the rest for $4 average on all 49.... and I'm glad to be rid of them and get my freezers shut off. $6 top on green skinned coons he said. I wouldn't blame people for not selling at those prices, and told me if I'd hang on to them for awhile prices would likely get better, but I'm happy and with the freezers off I'm not losing anything on them now. More than paid for my gas and bait to catch them.
Posted By: imissed

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 01:09 AM

OK I know prices are down but put up coons $3 and $6. Hardly seems worth the work!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 01:26 AM

Ouch!! top green skinned IA coons were $15 in November. That is a 60% drop in their prices for coons. Those prices will help slow the numbers in the pipelines. There will be a lot of very stale coons that need to be moved before many fresh skins are harvested if these are indications of future prices.

I can remember in 2005 taking 105 early WI coons to the truck in early November. There were 34 of them I was offered $1 each for. I took those back home. I sold 71 for $11 each. I did not want to refreeze and flesh 105 coons.
The 34 I took home I refroze, fleshed and shipped to the auction house and after commission of 11% I averaged $5.89 on those 34. I have never made nearly $5 fleshing coons any other time. I sent 87 later coons to auction and averaged about $16. Probably would have been smart to bring the 71 home as well.

Bryce
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Coon price was not bad!

For put up coon that is not good
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by imissed
OK I know prices are down but put up coons $3 and $6. Hardly seems worth the work!

Obviously, you missed the memo about trapping for all the fun.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 04:29 AM

Pretty sad prices. Wonder how long till improvement.? Months ? Chinese new year is over Monday I see post on here, workers back
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Pretty sad prices. Wonder how long till improvement.? Months ? Chinese new year is over Monday I see post on here, workers back

You may not be able to spell, but you sure can pencil.

wink

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by coonman220

You may not be able to spell, but you sure can pencil.

wink

Not a single misspelling in that entire posting. wink
Posted By: Poorcoon

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by wheelers
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Coon price was not bad!

For put up coon that is not good

It's all relative. If he was talking about Minnesota raccoon on an average year, then you have a substantial point
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I sold Groenwald 49 green coons. 35 @ $5 and about gave away the rest for $4 average on all 49.... and I'm glad to be rid of them and get my freezers shut off. $6 top on green skinned coons he said. I wouldn't blame people for not selling at those prices, and told me if I'd hang on to them for awhile prices would likely get better, but I'm happy and with the freezers off I'm not losing anything on them now. More than paid for my gas and bait to catch them.

So how long would you have to hang on to them to where prices would get better? 2 years LOL

I can't wait for the results of the FHA sale.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 02:23 PM

Expect better results from fha auction or not good ? What are mink selling for ? Try figgure out if should even try sell them or ship fha, what happens with buybacks fha? The rep with them told me they try sell in prevailing market an not like hold back like nafa did but yet they have lots withdrawn or buybacks in results of fha sales, selective demand

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 02:45 PM

Take your Mink to the rat wagon, take the 4-5 average or whatever it is and be glad they're sold.

Until you pay to ship, pay a commission and sit on half them for another year worrying about them, you won't gain a penny.

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 03:45 PM

Could be a fire sale at FHA well some will call It that but to be honest It's going to be a prevailing market and no one Is interested In coon as you can tell by country prices. Well to be fair they are interested In coon but only if they can buy them CHEAP.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 04:56 PM

If this continues or gets worse “fire sale” there won’t be any fha either and we will be screwed.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 05:01 PM

When is someone gonna start the thread...”gave my fur to groeny” ?

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 06:41 PM

You must have missed all the posts about the give away that's already going on. LOL

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 07:01 PM

Is someone handing out bad checks again ?
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

No now they are selling fur and paying others with the proceeds. They sold a cat of mine a month or so ago and have not seen a cent nor have I received a new check to replace the rubber one from the last debacle. LLL
Posted By: Boco

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 07:10 PM

Ship to fha,groney has to make up for all the money he overspent in Canada on coyotes,trying to get his foot in the door.

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/08/20 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Originally Posted by hippie

No now they are selling fur and paying others with the proceeds. They sold a cat of mine a month or so ago and have not seen a cent nor have I received a new check to replace the rubber one from the last debacle. LLL

Gotta look at the brite side LL, at least this way you won't get charged for trying to cash another bad check.
Posted By: 4488

Re: Selling fur tomorrow - 02/10/20 12:25 AM

Don’t turn blue in the face!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums