Posted By: pcr2

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 10:19 PM

probably can't remember. wink
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 10:19 PM

Yessssh
Posted By: rex123

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 10:23 PM

I don't remember I was drunk at the time.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 10:38 PM

Nope.....I don't drink.....lol

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 10:42 PM

what was the question??
Posted By: warrior

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 10:47 PM

Yes
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 11:04 PM

Nope
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 11:08 PM

On a serious note , one thing to watch for is being watched. Our game wardens/ECON police here will sit across the lake from you , just far enough away to for you to not notice them. They will spy on you with binoculars. See you enjoying a cold one while anchored. As soon as you get moving , even with a trolling motor they will intercept and stop you. Now you are facing a DUI which goes towards your drivers license.

Transfer that beverage into a nondescript container beforehand.

Just sayin.......
Posted By: frank1969

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 11:10 PM

Yes
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/21/20 11:12 PM

One of the best day of trout fishing i ever had i was really drunk back in my early 20's. Ive caught more in an outting since then, but tht was the most fun. Usually im too serious about fishing to drink. That's for afterwards.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 12:01 AM

I've been too drunk to stay in the boat, but we still caught fish. So no, I guess I've never been too drunk.....
Posted By: Klemke

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 02:09 AM

I try not to get drunk, just get a really good glow going but sometimes I loose track of how much I've had and end up there. So yes I've been to drunk to fish.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 02:12 AM

Nope, but tested the limits a few times.

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 02:14 AM

ice fishin's the worst,the drunker ya get the harder it is to hit the little hole each cast.boat control becomes impossible
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 02:25 AM

Yes, Yes I have.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 03:13 AM

I've tried numerous times to get too drunk to fish, but haven't got there yet. A couple times I got drunk and got lost on my way to the river, but I could have fished if I could have found some water. Does that count?
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 03:43 PM

Crager, When I sat on the TJ Bench 1970 - 82 in NYS that was considered "Entrapment" ..... Was frowned upon in my Court. Ticket was dismissed ..... The officer " usually a newbie" got an A_ _ chewing from the Court, ME. Legit tickets are easy to come by. I was elected by the People for the People............... Tut
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by TRADER TUT
Crager, When I sat on the TJ Bench 1970 - 82 in NYS that was considered "Entrapment" ..... Was frowned upon in my Court. Ticket was dismissed ..... The officer " usually a newbie" got an A_ _ chewing from the Court, ME. Legit tickets are easy to come by. I was elected by the People for the People............... Tut

Well,,its considered easy Pickens now and happens quite a bit.They won't say they saw you drinking,,just say "routine check". Then,,,ohhh I smell alcohall,you been drinking?Personally,I don't drink while operating a boat,,but have seen it happen several times.

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 03:52 PM

i like the ice fisherman/heavy drinker to watch run for a flag late in the day. wink
Posted By: c hartman

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 04:01 PM

Posted By: danvee

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 04:09 PM

Had a friend die in a boat accident both him and the operator were drinking.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Just Wonderin' - 01/22/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by TRADER TUT

They still do it here. Maybe spying on you from a distance may be considered fair game because they could claim they were looking for wildlife violations. I don't know.
They also sit across the bay from a waterfront bar and stop boats leaving the docks at the bar. One thing of note however is maritime law states that you can be stopped anytime for no reason unlike doing a normal traffic stop on a roadway which must have cause. Again , I don't know. I've never gotten a DUI or BWI.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums