Home

Fur Harvester pick up

Posted By: Dave 1957

Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 12:56 AM

I will be taking my fur to a fur harvester pick up site next week for the first time. Will they have bags with them like nafa did or should I bag them in some old nafa bags.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 01:04 AM

https://www.furharvesters.com/usshippinginfo.html

8. Shipping bags and tags are supplied by FHA free of charge to FHA shippers and are available at pickup points. You can also contact your local agent or FHA office for more.
Posted By: Swifty

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 01:07 AM

I was told by our FHA agent, that we could use old NAFA bags, and even NAFA inside and outside bag tags. This would save FHA some $$, as well as saving time at the fur pickup. But you could give your agent a call and double check with them.
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 01:57 AM

Fha agent sent me tags. Told me the first time use my nafa bags. He will hand out fha bags for the next shipment.
Posted By: Dave 1957

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 04:02 AM

Thank You
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 04:31 AM

It is scale of economy....remember those bags cost about $ 1.00 Can each, so be part of the 4 R's n todays world. Reduce-re-use-refuse-
At least keep one NAFA bag for keeps sake.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 04:38 AM

I always made a point to ship fur to Nafa in FHA bags and vice versa.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 04:55 AM

Salt in the wound hey Boco... with the bag switch.
This year FHA is glad you use those NAFA bags, it is saving them some money .....that $$$$$ goes back to the Trappers or at least does not come out of your pockets next year.

If you look at the list of NAFA creditors you see a Winnipeg printing company owed 34,000$ that was for printing on some shipping bags for NAFA, just one order.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 04:57 AM

I figured they might give a bump to my borderline fur to grab my business from the competition,lol.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 05:33 AM

How many sales does FHA hold a year ???
Posted By: Stan Z

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 05:34 AM

I have always shipped to FHA ever since Ted Pappas and Western Canadian Raw Fur Auction Sales in Vancouver went in with them. Never had a problem with them and always thought their prices were good and fair. Hopefully prices change as it's really having an effect around our village with many trappers not running lines this winter.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Fur Harvester pick up - 01/10/20 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by red mt
How many sales does FHA hold a year ???

This season they are having 2 sales. The first one the end of March. The second one in May.

In the past, they have had 3 or 4 sales per season depending on various factors.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums