Home

Church Shooting Near Fort Worth

Posted By: Finster

Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 07:44 PM

This won't be in the MSM very long if at all. A good guy with a gun prevented another mass shooting.
Two Dead, One Wounded in Church Shooting Near Fort Worth

Dec. 29 (UPI) — Two people were slain and another is in critical condition after a shooting during a service at a Christian church in a suburb in Fort Worth, Texas, on Sunday morning.
The shooting occurred at the West Freeway Church in White Settlement, The Dallas Morning News reported. White Settlement is a city in Tarrant County with a population of 16,116 at the 2010 census.
One of the victims is believed to be the suspect.
MedStar spokeswoman Macara Trusty confirmed that one person died at the scene of the shooting and one person died en route to a hospital. The third person was listed in critical condition.
Fort Worth Fire Department sent out an “active threat” assignment about 11:30 a.m. to assist White Settlement police and fire.
The gunman walked up to a server during communion with a shotgun and then opened fire, Isabel Arreola told KTVT-TV.
Another church member shot the suspect, according to the witness.
“It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one,” Arreola said.
Sunday’s service was live streamed on YouTube but the video that showed the shooting has since been made private.
Two years ago, Devin Kellen opened fire inside another Texas church killing 26 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself to death. It occurred at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, which is 280 miles south of Fort Worth

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/news/two-dead-one-wounded-in-church-shooting-near-fort-worth/
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 07:49 PM

pretty sad you can't leave your firearm at home to attend church
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 08:17 PM

The shooter was thinking “gun free zone” and he was wrong.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 08:56 PM

X2 Jerry.
I know several churches here who have most staff and their security teams armed and that's not including the regular church goers. They are probably the safest buildings in the state.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 08:58 PM

Again another shooting in a Gun Free Zone. I hope they do not charge to person that took the shooter out. They need to get rid of the GFZ. You will not hear about this on the evening news.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 09:30 PM

Not a gun free zone when I go to Church, and the back row has more people armed than most would think.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 11:21 PM

Yes wonder if it will even be on news
Heres the actual event
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 11:22 PM

It's on Face book My wife sent it to my e-mail .I don't FB
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Again another shooting in a Gun Free Zone. I hope they do not charge to person that took the shooter out. They need to get rid of the GFZ. You will not hear about this on the evening news.

Not a GFZ.

Mike
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/29/19 11:38 PM

It takes faith to go to church!

Preacher said he was thankful for good people stopping it, before it got worse.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:03 AM

I actually just saw the video. I can't post the link because it's one of those gore sites but if you're interested enough, you can google it. The assailant didn't get very far. He got off two rounds and a single shot (very well placed shot) ended him. It was a pretty good distance. I would say 40 feet away or so. Looking at the footage, I would think that the person who returned fire was some sort of security. He was very cool under pressure and placed his shot perfectly. Perhaps a retired police officer? Also, there were 4 people other than the perp armed that I saw in the video but they came with guns drawn after it was over. I believe the church probably had some sort of under cover security. The perp picked the wrong church, that's for sure. Yup, you're never going to see this in the MSM or at least nothing more than a mention. It puts all of the gun grabber talking points right in the dumper.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:12 AM

I bet the other sicko's out there planning on going to a Church to shoot people look at this and say, well uh, I think I should reconsider my plan lol. Good on that guy that nailed that sick twisted nutburger.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:15 AM

I stand corrected!

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:22 AM

This is the second time a criminal (that's what they are, crazy or not) has decided to shoot up a church in Texas... And this is the second time an armed citizen killed the criminal.

You would think they would wise up by now.

Mike

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:26 AM

I just watched the video. The only reason there is video is because the church live streams their service.

This is exactly why I sit in strategic places at church or any place I can pick where I sit. I have a habit of having my head on a swivel.

Finster I would say for sure less than 40'. Yup most church security is "undercover".

scroll down a little bit for the video in the link below

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...8rqzxoFuXlH9dyuK8Wun9u5ggK6WLS7SQUEZXwHQ

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Not a GFZ.

Mike

Mike:
You are right, churches are not GFZ. In Michigan they are but the presiding official or officials of the church may allow concealed Carry.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
I actually just saw the video.

Me too. lt looked like the guy had a cut down pump or semi-auto shotgun and had trouble getting the safety off after initially pulling it out. There were a few seconds where he didn't shoot but fiddled around with the gun. His ineptitude may have saved lives.

Excellent shot by the armed guard.

Interesting that at least four in the congregation produced handguns.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:43 AM

Thank God and the Armed Churchgoer/ security

Pray for the Victims Family
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:49 AM

As religious persecution rises in this country the Church will become more of a target. For over 200 hundred years we have been a country of "in God we trust" but we are moving towards an attitude of God we hate.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
I just watched the video. The only reason there is video is because the church live streams their service.

This is exactly why I sit in strategic places at church or any place I can pick where I sit. I have a habit of having my head on a swivel.

Finster I would say for sure less than 40'. Yup most church security is "undercover".

I don't know. if you look at the still photo, I figure the hero is probably around 6' ish. So if you would use him as scale, I would figure between 35 and 40 feet anyway. The pews are probably about 4 feet wide so you can use that as another scale. It would be interesting to know for sure. Most self defense shootings happen much closer than that, usually a couple of feet.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:53 AM

Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:55 AM

Look at how many in the congregation ended up with their weapons out ready to take action. The volume on the video only sounded like one shot from the gunman and one shot to take him down. Impressive shooting on the return fire.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 12:59 AM

I counted 5 armed citizens

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
As religious persecution rises in this country the Church will become more of a target. For over 200 hundred years we have been a country of "in God we trust" but we are moving towards an attitude of God we hate.

A Sad state of affairs to be in

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 01:12 AM

A lesson for security at Church, it looks like the shooter waited till everyone was praying to give himself an advantage . I dont think he would of got a shot off otherwise.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 01:18 AM

I don't know. if you look at the still photo, I figure the hero is probably around 6' ish. So if you would use him as scale, I would figure between 35 and 40 feet anyway. The pews are probably about 4 feet wide so you can use that as another scale. It would be interesting to know for sure. Most self defense shootings happen much closer than that, usually a couple of feet.

Second look I think you're right

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 01:22 AM

That was quite a shot
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 01:34 AM

A lesson for security at Church, it looks like the shooter waited till everyone was praying to give himself an advantage . I dont think he would of got a shot off otherwise.

Judges 7:6
And the number of those who lapped the water with their hands to their mouths was three hundred men; all the others knelt to drink.

May be a lesson there someplace.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Judges 7:6
And the number of those who lapped the water with their hands to their mouths was three hundred men; all the others knelt to drink.

May be a lesson there someplace.

I like how you see things
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:09 AM

Here is a link to a story that has a real life video of the church shooting. Thank God for the people who were carrying as it could have been much worse. https://www.dailydot.com/irl/white-settlement-church-shooting-video/
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:13 AM

OOPS... sorry... didn't see the other link posted earlier. This is a tragic event for sure. But evil is everywhere nowadays.... We should be able to defend or at least have the ability to try to defend ourselves where ever we go.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:25 AM

Actually, the DemoRatic gun haters are coming out of the woodwork for more gun control because of this. Needless to say, none of them mentioned the hero that stopped it. What a bunch of idiots.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:38 AM

Mike:
You are right, churches are not GFZ. In Michigan they are but the presiding official or officials of the church may allow concealed Carry.

I figured it varies from place to place.

It should be up to the congregation... Or the ONE in charge. laugh

Mike

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:39 AM

That video is weird to me.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:40 AM

Actually, the DemoRatic gun haters are coming out of the woodwork for more gun control because of this. Needless to say, none of them mentioned the hero that stopped it. What a bunch of idiots.

Dont think they are gun haters, in fact they all enjoy armed protection. They hate the freedom that they give the people.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:56 AM

Dont think they are gun haters, in fact they all enjoy armed protection. They hate the freedom that they give the people.

Preaching to the choir my friend.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 03:00 AM

I know
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 04:15 AM

MSNBC and CNN will never cover this incident. POS stations!
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 04:44 AM

Gov. Abbott signed bill to allow Texans to lawfully carry guns in churches in January of 2019 and went into effect on September 1, 2019.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 04:46 AM

There is more EVIL in our government than in many other areas of this country. The most important item to me is... what was this person ideology and what is his nationality.

Garry-
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Actor
what was this person ideology and what is his nationality.

Garry-

And, what in blazes was he wearing?! How did he even get that far past the door, dressed like that?

I don't know about anyone else here, but; If I was anywhere and a guy dressed up like That put in an appearance? I'd be Noping.

That aside? Fantastic shot, wasn't it? wink

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 03:15 PM

In the video on the news I noticed something in the video that the censored video doesn't show. I noticed the 1st man shot, had drawn his weapon once he spotted the threat. Unfortunately he didn't have time to fire. By the time his weapon is coming up he is shot.

Praying for all impacted by this.

Here's my observation
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 03:30 PM

The gun free reference was more about the common idea of not bringing a gun into a church not any written law.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 03:35 PM

That's what I noticed too adam. It looked like the shooter leaned over and said something while drawing out his weapon. The guy that shot the shooter was on it lightning fast. I read that he was Church security, he sure acted like he was well trained. He saved a lot of lives!

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 03:43 PM

Just seen on Fox that the guy who shot the shooter is Ex FBI.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 03:56 PM

Well if you’re going to pick someone to be security, he’s the one to pick!

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:08 PM

Catch he did say something.

Wouldn't doubt he was ex fbi. He owns and operates a firearms training company since 95 and is head of security.

Here's a great article about him. I would think his business is going to skyrocket.

https://politicalcowboy.com/meet-jack-wilson-the-man-who-took-down-the-texas-church-shooter/
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:12 PM

Catch he did say something.

Wouldn't doubt he was ex fbi. He owns and operates a firearms training company since 95 and is head of security.

Here's a great article about him. I would think his business is going to skyrocket.

https://politicalcowboy.com/meet-jack-wilson-the-man-who-took-down-the-texas-church-shooter/

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:17 PM

It was odd the bad guy had a rifle and the church had paid people to keep them safe, glad they did!

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:22 PM

adam, here's a link to the story on Fox. Texas church shooting
That guy is a Hero!
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:28 PM

Seems apparent that the bad guy was already under observation by more than one person before he whipped out his firearm.

It's hard to see from the video, but I wonder why the suspicious looking bad guy was allowed to get into that hard corner, like that.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
adam, here's a link to the story on Fox. Texas church shooting
That guy is a Hero!

Thanks for sharing that.
Let's see how the media and the left spins this whole story. So far I haven't heard those demanding gun control speak positively or negatively about this.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 06:59 PM

according to the article he was a reserve deputy. no mention of fbi and if you google his gun store it burned down in 2016 and has not been reopened. just another everyday american who stepped up when it was needed.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 07:03 PM

I think the media has to try and put some sort of a badge on people who do good with a gun. because if they admitted that a citizen with no previous badge or ex-military ,advanced training, ect. could stop a mass shooter it would be so contrary to the narrative they are trying to sell that they would blow a gasket.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
according to the article he was a reserve deputy. no mention of fbi and if you google his gun store it burned down in 2016 and has not been reopened. just another everyday american who stepped up when it was needed.

Your right danny, I see where Fox changed the article and put in a disclaimer as to why they removed the ex FBI title. Don't matter, that guy is a champ!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/30/19 07:14 PM

Our church got a new pastor about 2 years ago. He's from Texas. When the issue came up by a board member whether we should make the church a gun-free zone, the new pastor said, "Absolutely not. We want people in the church carrying guns!"

The pastor we had before him carried a concealed gun while conducting service. Most never knew that, but I did because we went to gun shows together.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 12:18 AM

Biden words came back to bite him with this incident.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...XuxlxqENs1VXSkNdXWV0PDSmaqJKjJTWSSs3QkBo

Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden in September criticized a Texas law allowing armed parishioners as “irrational.”

On December 29, 2019, Breitbart News reported armed parishioners shot and killed an armed attacker with near immediacy. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) described the armed parishioners as “immediate responders” and Texas DPS Director Joeff Williams noted the good guys with guns saved “242 other parishioners.”

While being interviewed by C-SPAN in September Biden criticized Gov. Greg Abbott’s (R) signing of a law to allow licensed gun owners to carry firearms in church for self-defense. Biden said, “It is irrational, with all due respect to the Governor of Texas, it is irrational what they are doing.”

Biden elaborated by describing the idea of “being able to take [guns] into places of worship” as “absolutely irrational.”

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 12:29 AM

This was on the CBS news at 6 tonight Major Garrett was filling in for O’Donald no spin I was shocked it was like real reporting.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
pretty sad you can't leave your firearm at home to attend church

It was mandatory once upon a time to carry while attending church.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
That was quite a shot

I'm seeing where he put one in the top in under 3 seconds! From 50 feet!!

True or fake news?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by brianmall
That was quite a shot

True or fake news?

Sounds pretty reasonable, don’t see why it isn’t true.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:04 AM

It is sad but after the 26 killed at Southerland Springs churches in Texas had to have the "come to Jesus" meeting about someone or a set of someones bring arms into church.

Irritate a liberal by reminding them that the only thing that can stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun! Or woman for that matter. A few years back some @sshat brought a semi auto and some extra mags into a mall outside of the 1604 loop in San Antonio. I think he got about 3 shots off when an off duty cop put his lights out. On the TV she looked to be about 5'2 and 110#s soaking wet. Good on her I say and good on the church goers at that White Settlement TX

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:06 AM

It is hard to say how many ppl would have died yesterday if Texas wasn't busily arming men and women at churches and schools.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:16 AM

That was quite a shot

True or fake news?

If that is true, that is one real good shot with a pistol!

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:22 AM

Reports are saying he was a FBI shooting instructor.
Posted By: PSPH17

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:25 AM

I saw today on one of the news stations that he was wearing a trench coat a wig and a fake beard. My question is why was he allowed in the church dressed like that ??
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:25 AM

Biden words came back to bite him with this incident.

While being interviewed by C-SPAN in September Biden criticized Gov. Greg Abbott’s (R) signing of a law to allow licensed gun owners to carry firearms in church for self-defense. Biden said, “It is irrational, with all due respect to the Governor of Texas, it is irrational what they are doing.”

Biden elaborated by describing the idea of “being able to take [guns] into places of worship” as “absolutely irrational.”

I would like to see somebody question Biden about his remark about guns in churches and then bring up this incident. I doubt the liberal media will ever ask him about it.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:31 AM

I wonder if Biden goes anywhere without armed protection?
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:36 AM

Watched the video. The good guy was on his gun before the bad guy even got his second shot off. Good guy popped him right away and the guy went right down good stuff. Google forth worth church shooting LiveLeak to see it.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Our church got a new pastor about 2 years ago. He's from Texas. When the issue came up by a board member whether we should make the church a gun-free zone, the new pastor said, "Absolutely not. We want people in the church carrying guns!"

The pastor we had before him carried a concealed gun while conducting service. Most never knew that, but I did because we went to gun shows together.

Thats Awesome! Hope the Common sense becomes common again.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 01:42 PM

In watching the tape, there was a tall guy reaching for his pistol when he got shot. He was standing. Great shot placement! JMO
Posted By: wzroberts

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:01 PM

Within the next ten years, most churches in our country will have some sort of official security plan and/or team in place. It's becoming an expectation.

In other news, several people have pointed out that the guy was definitely a "DLR" (Doesn't look right). That's true. In my experience, it's not uncommon to have weird people in church. Sometimes that's a good thing.

It's a good idea to have a team of "greeters" or "ushers." in place, making eye contact and asking a simple friendly question or two as people come in. Usually you can figure out pretty fast whether someone is dangerous or just weird.
Posted By: wzroberts

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:18 PM

A few years ago we had an unconventional guy wander into a worship service in a very conspicuous way. In the moment, the only thing I knew to do was to keep him close to me and keep an eye on him. He stayed with me through the rest of the service, to the point of helping me serve Communion. It ended up being a really powerful service- a couple of folks even wondered if it was staged. But it taught me an important lesson about our need to have a security plan in place.

That need was highlighted when, later that summer, our one-time visitor beat a couple of his friends to death with a ball bat.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wzroberts
A few years ago we had an unconventional guy wander into a worship service in a very conspicuous way. In the moment, the only thing I knew to do was to keep him close to me and keep an eye on him. He stayed with me through the rest of the service, to the point of helping me serve Communion. It ended up being a really powerful service- a couple of folks even wondered if it was staged. But it taught me an important lesson about our need to have a security plan in place.

That need was highlighted when, later that summer, our one-time visitor beat a couple of his friends to death with a ball bat.

Wow!

Chris

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 05:50 PM

That was quite a shot

True or fake news?

True watch the video which are posted in this thread.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 05:52 PM

Oh Francis, when will you stop living in a world filled with unicorns & rainbow's?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 12/31/19 09:20 PM

Oh Francis, when will you stop living in a world filled with unicorns & rainbow's?

[Linked Image]

I hope if O’Rourke runs for office again, his opponent shows this tweet over and over again to show how ridiculous he is.
Posted By: BvrRtrvr

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 12:13 AM

I sure hope that all of this coverage identifying the 'hero' doesn't mean that someone is painting a target on his back for some of the Crazy Kooks.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 05:35 AM

Beto is a kook and Gov Greg Abbott is a friend of the 2nd amendment and a great Texan!
Posted By: etxwoods

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 05:50 AM

Amen, brother!
Posted By: southerntrapper

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 11:37 AM

I read a interview the good guy gave he said the only shot he had was a head shot at 40 ft. Firearm used was a Sig 226 in .357 sig.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 01:56 PM

Has anyone heard or seen anything about the creep that did the shooting … was he an Arib, Illegal or just a nut job? I don't watch the MSM very often and hardy Fox anymore.

Garry-
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Actor
Has anyone heard or seen anything about the creep that did the shooting … was he an Arib, Illegal or just a nut job? I don't watch the MSM very often and hardy Fox anymore.

Garry-

White guy. That's who does most shootings. He was a bum. Came around the church all day he time asking for handouts they would give him food and he'd get angry and demand cash instead.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 04:28 PM

In the "TGI Friday/Gay" thread I posted a link to a YouTube video where Ben Shapiro had a discussion with Dave Rubin. During the discussion the topic of gun control came up and mental illness was mentioned. Shapiro brought up some stats that point to an overlooked/ignored issue.

I looked up the population numbers that Shapiro mentions but doesn't specify...

US population in 1960: 180 million. Number of people in mental institutions in 1960: 500,000

US population in 2016: 323.4 million. Number of people in mental institutions in 2016: roughly 25,000.

We have nearly doubled the population in almost 60 years. But we have 1/20 of the number of people confined for mental health issues.

Shapiro states the reasoning behind that was that the old standard of, "Can this person take care of themselves in society?" was abandoned. The new notion adopted was that most "crazy" people aren't crazy... just "eccentric" and we started emptying mental institutions.

Mike
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 05:22 PM

It's true Mike. My wife has been a nurse in mental institutions for the last fifteen years or so. They shut down the hospital at Allentown 4-5 years ago. Some patients were transferred but many were simply released.

She saw the writing on the wall and transferred to another institution. She regularly tells me about patients being released that, in her opinion, will not be able to fend for themselves outside the hospital environment.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - 01/01/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
It's true Mike. My wife has been a nurse in mental institutions for the last fifteen years or so. They shut down the hospital at Allentown 4-5 years ago. Some patients were transferred but many were simply released.

She saw the writing on the wall and transferred to another institution. She regularly tells me about patients being released that, in her opinion, will not be able to fend for themselves outside the hospital environment.

So not only are they unstable, they will now likely be desperate. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

There is a branch of some kind of mental health thing here in my little Podunk town. They bus them in here for therapy or something... But when they aren't in therapy they're allowed to wander around town unsupervised. Naturally a lot of them gravitate to the little convenience store a block away and the owners of the store have ran them off numerous times for panhandling. The local sheriff's office has received numerous complaints and they basically shrug their shoulders and say there's nothing they can do. One of the "patients" has even been spotted (more than once) sitting under a tree behind the clinic "walking his dog" if you catch my drift... Again, the sheriff's office doesn't do anything about it.

I rather imagine everyone here knows what my reaction will be if I catch the "dog walker" pursuing his favorite activity under the tree in my front yard... Especially if my 10 year old daughter is staying with me at the time.

Aside from that, I feel they're mostly harmless. But letting them roam unsupervised seems like a big liability for the clinic, especially with a busy highway and railroad line running through town.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums