Home

Shot this buck

Posted By: eric space

Shot this buck - 12/14/19 07:21 PM

I shot this buck Tuesday. Gutting him out I could see that several ribs were broken and healed on the side opposite the weird horn. I think he had been hit by a car sometime in the past. When I skinned him he had a length of arrow shaft between his shoulder and rib cage, was all infected, making him coyote bait for a snare bait station. Had a buckshot pellet under the skin on his rump too, healed up from at least last year. Poor guy had been thru the wringer! Sorry for the blurry picture, it's all I have. Eric

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mac

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 07:29 PM

Tough old dude
Posted By: greggsinthehouse

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 07:30 PM

Son of a buck was a warrior!
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 07:39 PM

I’ve only ever saved one set of ribs off a deer and they wasn’t worth the trouble . Taking the meat from between the ribs makes good coyote bait but that’s about it .
Posted By: Prn

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 07:44 PM

The gimps are always easier to hunt. Haha I am just kidding you. Nice job on a cool looking buck!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 08:22 PM

Nice
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 09:05 PM

Sounds like his last year went about like mine.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Shot this buck - 12/14/19 09:49 PM

Nice buck
Posted By: kyron4

Re: Shot this buck - 12/15/19 04:29 AM

May sound corny, but I have much more respect for animals than most people. The ER is full of people with paper cuts and headaches , and this guy pushed through the pain and discomfort to carry on day after day. I'm sure his nickname was "the machine".
Posted By: wzroberts

Re: Shot this buck - 12/15/19 05:11 AM

A very unique trophy, and a great story.

What did it take to bring him down?
Posted By: Dylan Phelps124

Re: Shot this buck - 12/15/19 10:55 AM

That is pretty crazy! He definitely was a tough one.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Shot this buck - 12/15/19 01:51 PM

Shot one one year and when skinning found that some knucklehead had hit him with a load of bird shot.
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Shot this buck - 12/16/19 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Shot one one year and when skinning found that some knucklehead had hit him with a load of bird shot.

I’ve had that happen more than once my buddy shot one a few years back that was peppered pretty bad. Taxidermist offered to give him a new cape but he declined. Said it’s part of what the deer was. Shame people don’t think before shooting.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Shot this buck - 12/16/19 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by kyron4
May sound corny, but I have much more respect for animals than most people. The ER is full of people with paper cuts and headaches , and this guy pushed through the pain and discomfort to carry on day after day. I'm sure his nickname was "the machine".

Nope. Nicknamed "Lucky". laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums