Home

Look whats coming!

Posted By: snowy

Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:23 AM

Had a real good friend send me this picture this morning. It happened over night, that white stuff in the back ground. I don't really live to far from there it is in my fly fishing country. I told him to send a few more pictures tomorrow and will post them up. I actually miss it now after seeing those white peaks.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:26 AM

Looks pretty snowy but I prefer high's in the low 70's lol.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:28 AM

Looks like GREAT bobwhite quail country wink

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22

Been cool and wet year if I had to sum it up. I'm a fall winter spring person and hate the summer heat though.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:37 AM

Brother is heading to the Bob tomorrow. Buddy says 10 inches in the mountains they hunt.

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:47 AM

^ This isn't near that far west. I haven't heard that there was that much there already. I imagine on top where the goats live there could be.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:55 AM

That's some pretty country. I'm ready for the snow.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 03:38 AM

This was yesterday 9/11 in Reno. The spot on the right is still from last winter.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 09:31 AM

cant wait I like fall an winter, hate spring
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 10:17 AM

I am looking forward to it. I feel as you do Snowy I don't like summer.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 11:42 AM

Wow Snowy, You're a blessed Man to live there!

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 12:20 PM

330 it looks like we will need our ear flappers again this winter. LOL It sounds like snow storms will effect the 5 states bordering the border. I hope you got your plow ready for a snowy tough winter.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 12:27 PM

Like or not snow will be here soon. The snow bird are heading south already. I like fall the best.
Posted By: imissed

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
Originally Posted by Catch22

Been cool and wet year if I had to sum it up. I'm a fall winter spring person and hate the summer heat though.

Yep, I agree.

I hate summer. Too hot and muggy.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 01:11 PM

My friend is hunting elk in Bighorns right now, might snow if it cools down

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 01:32 PM

^ I'm pretty sure Silver Gate area got snow the other day also. That would be west of bighorn.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 02:53 PM

Ah, fall and winter in the MT Rockies ....aint it grand, Snowy ?

I am very west of you , snow dusting the high peaks already .

When it piles on enough, it will push elk and deerzies down into the valleys.

Bear Tracker's brother is in for a treat in the Bob. I know portions of it like the back of my hand. Great trails to keep in shape climbing those high passes. Lots of fond experiences ....lots of big grizzlies and wuffs smile

Dont like the heat at all....though this summer was the first from how they used to be years ago- cool and wet. The very reason there's such gorgeous giant cedars , hemlock, Doug ,Red and White Fir , and other conifers of such unique variety in the cool/wet growth band habitat , in the north west. This summer was amazing , especially in view of the major heat waves world wide in most other geographical areas .

Colours just beginning , the lower shrubs and cottonwoods first, followed by larger trees till finally last, tamaracks that coat the mountainside slopes with antique gold , even glowing in white snow as the levels lower , late in the season.

Life is good .

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 03:06 PM

Ya, exactly Sharon.
The time has come once again for the change of seasons and for me, always an exciting time of life and we only get that one time each year. You should have some very scenic pictures for us soon, right? LOL

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 03:28 PM

I have some favourite places that I will visit and get some pics when snow reaches the levels I like to see. The jagged peaks just glow.

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 03:44 PM

Sharon that would be outstanding! I plan on doing some also, when colors start to change on the Yellowstone as well. Thanks
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Look whats coming! - 09/13/19 03:56 PM

Looking good snowy I'm really ready for fall been unusually hot here .

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 12:40 AM

Well Snowy, I finally got time to take a drive into some of my favourite "backyaad" areas today, with my new gopro set and ready.

Today is the last day before a real cold front is due to sweep in tonight. Winds that are relatively rare west of the divide are due to command attention with the front's beginning, and they were just ramping up as I finished my trek this afternoon. Periods of clouds mostly with some clearing . Big dark clouds swept in behind up the valleys , unloading skiffs of snow ,bending the trees with the beginning of the barometer drop tonight. Gold , red and orange leaves and needles rained down in the air as I drove along.

Clear Azure skies would have accented the beauty of the tamarack trees in full gold as they march across the slopes below treeline , but the dominant clouds and a wee bit of slash burn smoke didnt make for perfect clarity....but it was beautiful drive for me nonetheless.

Colours are at the peak in the big trees and especially the tamaracks , that are the last to shout the herald of winter.

" I want to live in Montana ....and drive a pick up truck....." one of my favourite movie quotes smile

Hope everyone is enjoying the cool change . The northern lights are ramping up and always a wonder to behold.

Breathe deep of fall's senses , to the full , Tman Tribe ....life is good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 12:42 AM

Dang mighty beautiful country you have there
Posted By: run

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 01:07 AM

Nice pics, Sharon.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 01:36 AM

Yup.....it’s Haaad to take a bad pic in Montana.....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 01:40 AM

Amazing Sharon!!!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 01:43 AM

Turn me loose, set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana!

Chris
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by run
Nice pics, Sharon.

Those don't look fake to anyone else? Not slamming, just don't look right to me.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 02:32 AM

great photos snowy & Sharon.
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 04:49 AM

That's just not right...beautiful country

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
Turn me loose, set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana!

Chris

grin That sounds like words to a song, Chris !

Nessy, enjoy the colours ovah there while they last !

Thanks nightlife , run, Scott, Adam, and ambush32 !

Glad I took the drive when I did, big dark clouds have drifted in and it's snowing now. I would like to go back in there if the sun comes out long enough , to capture the tamarack trees in brighter clarity . They are in peak tones now , in great swaths of gold all over many of the slopes up to treeline. Those mountains are among my favourite places to explore, hunt and ride horses , on just a few main trails.

Tis a mighty thing to have places all over this country that we all are able to enjoy -all special , that feeds the soul.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 04:09 PM

Awesome pics everyone, I feel like y'all are rubbing it in! Lol

Guess Catch is jealous too by making that claim. crazy

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 04:10 PM

Sharon, I been waiting! LOL I knew you would post up some of the most beautiful pictures that could be imagined. I thank you very much for sharing those beautiful shots!

Thanks
Posted By: rex123

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 04:27 PM

If you don't believe in God take a look at that.

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 04:54 PM

Hippie, youinz have gorgeous colours in PA too ! Actually, more hardwoods with bright tones, more than here...except in towns where oaks and maples are planted . You can drive those fun winding roads with all the leaves on them . Did I get the accent right...youinz ?? grin

Snowy ! Just a continuation of your beautiful mountains - they are all so breathtaking . Speaking of snow, it's doing that now again. I have a small group of wild turkeys that visit about every day , so the snow will let me see their tracks if I miss them . I bet you have turkeys in your neck o the woods too. Been a great year for babies !

Rex, life enjoyed in happiness is always to be thankful for.

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 06:29 PM

Sharon, I suggest you start a new thread with those beautiful pictures you have taken. I would hope all here take a look at those breath taking pictures.

Thanks again Sharon for sharing that beauty.
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 06:36 PM

Saw a snake on the road yesreday, today its about 34 degrees.

Re: Look whats coming! - 10/26/19 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Anaconda canoes
Saw a snake on the road yesreday, today its about 34 degrees.

Wow that was one warmer day to see one of those.

It's turned nice and cold overnight up here . Been snowing in the high country even more . Going to have a decent base pack up there if this keeps up.

Thank you snowy, but I liked your thread ! I'm having a blast with this gopro cam , no doubt I will be searching for new captures with it as I can .

It is so small and gets great video and still shots . Nice to be in the country where you can pull over in the truck and stop about anywhere ! That first shot at the top I had to stop in the middle of the road ....there is no shoulder to park on . No traffic so why not ? smile Worked great. Ive been wanting to get that shot in that very spot for near 15 years now. Other times to access those mountains , I just drive to the portage site.

A new piece of equipment gives good reason to explore further even in familiar, loved territory .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums