Home

Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe

Posted By: Finster

Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 11:10 AM

YIKES! You would either have to be completely desperate, ignorant, have a real set of stones or all of the above to make and fire one of these!

Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 11:21 AM

The long one needs a new crown cut but other then that ye are good to go grin
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
The long one needs a new crown cut but other then that ye are good to go grin

lol. good to go boom! lol
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 12:47 PM

I appreciate their industrialism and vigor. So many more men are just sitting aooind wiating for a bowl of rice and demasculating themselves. At least he tried.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 01:07 PM

U.S. residents had some unusual guns back in the day as well.
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/punt-gun-1910-1920/

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
I appreciate their industrialism and vigor. So many more men are just sitting aooind wiating for a bowl of rice and demasculating themselves. At least he tried.

You do realize these are modern day poachers …..right?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 01:22 PM

True

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Finster

You do realize these are modern day poachers …..right?

And? Rather be a poacher than waiting for a hand out. To put that much time and work into such a contraption shows these ain't poachers just for trophies. Probably have mouths to feed and have too much dignity to rely on the government.

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
U.S. residents had some unusual guns back in the day as well.
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/punt-gun-1910-1920/

Cool!

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 03:05 PM

And? Rather be a poacher than waiting for a hand out. To put that much time and work into such a contraption shows these ain't poachers just for trophies. Probably have mouths to feed and have too much dignity to rely on the government.

With that convoluted logic, you could maybe be a drug dealer, a mafia hit man, a thief, a con man or a variety of other occupations when you have "to much dignity" for legal work. Illegal activities and dignity don't really belong in the same sentence. Dignity would involve making an honest living. Illegal activity is nothing more than a shortcut to wealth be it poaching or the other aforementioned criminal acts.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 03:27 PM

Naw. I see what he’s saying.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 05:22 PM

Wow! Hand-smithing parts is difficult.. I'm amazed that they function (albeit dangerously LOL).. wouldn't shoot one myself, but they'd be cool to hang up on a wall!
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Finster

With that convoluted logic, you could maybe be a drug dealer, a mafia hit man, a thief, a con man or a variety of other occupations when you have "to much dignity" for legal work. Illegal activities and dignity don't really belong in the same sentence. Dignity would involve making an honest living. Illegal activity is nothing more than a shortcut to wealth be it poaching or the other aforementioned criminal acts.

Poaching of endangered species; rhinos and elephants and such, is terrible. They absolutely should find honorable work. But then again, how much honorable work is their in the bush in Africa? I'd assume not much. Either way, they're really cool guns.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 06:50 PM

Who gets to decide who is a poacher? The guy living off the land the way his people have done for thousands of years or the guy making his living wringing his hands whining about subsistence living in an office while begging money from other ignorant whiners

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 07:08 PM

Isnt it the same people saying elephants and rhinos are threatened that are saying bobcats and coyotes are endangered?

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Isnt it the same people saying elephants and rhinos are threatened that are saying bobcats and coyotes are endangered?

Javan rhino 69
Sumatran rhino <80
Black rhino Between 5,366 and 5,627
Greater one-horned rhino 3,500+
White rhino Between 17,212 and 18,915

There aren't many rhinos left especially of some species, there's a real risk of killing them all. Those poachers would kill the last one on earth just to saw it's horn off and sell it to some rich Chinese business man that can't get an erection or has a hangover if they got the chance. Whether or not it matters if we have rhinos is debatable, I guess.

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 07:21 PM

Save the coyote. Evil trappers are killing them for money in a real attempt to exterminate them

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 07:41 PM

Save the coyote. Evil trappers are killing them for money in a real attempt to exterminate them

There's a slight difference between a population of millions upon millions upon millions of coyotes, and a population of 80 rhinos for one species.

That being said, I don't know that I would miss rhinos. They don't live in Nebraska that I'm aware of grin

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 07:47 PM

Save the bears. The illegal marketing of gall bladder is wiping them out

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:34 PM

Danny, I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that rhinos aren't really going extinct?

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:35 PM

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-california-mighty-predator-mountain-lion.html

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

Javan rhino 69
Sumatran rhino <80
Black rhino Between 5,366 and 5,627
Greater one-horned rhino 3,500+
White rhino Between 17,212 and 18,915

There aren't many rhinos left especially of some species, there's a real risk of killing them all. Those poachers would kill the last one on earth just to saw it's horn off and sell it to some rich Chinese business man that can't get an erection or has a hangover if they got the chance. Whether or not it matters if we have rhinos is debatable, I guess.

And Trump had 1% chance of winning over Hillary. Numbers are real!

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

There's a slight difference between a population of millions upon millions upon millions of coyotes, and a population of 80 rhinos for one species.

That being said, I don't know that I would miss rhinos. They don't live in Nebraska that I'm aware of grin

Where did you get those numbers? Quote your sources!!!

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:41 PM

I'm saying most of us don't know. I've never went to Africa looking for them. I suspect the "poachers" are whatever tribes are not riding the gravy train of selling hunts to wealthy Europeans and Americans. The people who are living off selling hunts don't want any competition. Tomahawker, said " Anyway, he had about 20 wire snares and a spear made from rebar".

I say that guy is probably on the verge of starving if he has to hunt with discarded wire and rebar. Did you see the rifle carried by the tracker?

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:43 PM

[quote=danny clifton] https://phys.org/news/2019-06-california-mighty-predator-mountain-lion.html[/quoteI
I especially like the photo of the bra-less gals below the mtn lion.! Or just to the right.
Watch the views grow now!

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:49 PM

I swear if someone posted a peanut butter cookie recipe here an argument would break out. Is it the heat?

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I swear if someone posted a peanut butter cookie recipe here an argument would break out. Is it the heat?

It must be. It's hot here, but I prefer the heat. I'm not really interested in debating whether or not rhinos are going extinct, I wasn't even aware that it was really debatable.

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 08:53 PM

To tell the truth Gary, some part of me respects a man that would build a firearm and use it to kill and sell wildlife rather than beg for the scraps of foreign hunters.

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 09:19 PM

I agree Danny. Too many ppl waiting for someone to take care of them.
If only we could have prevented T-Rex from becoming extinct! Just think of the opportunities...

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/29/19 09:22 PM

I read a story once where in some country, tigers depended on native people as their main food source, yet the people had lost the freedom to own firearms (ahem) and weren't allowed to defend themselves against the tigers.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/30/19 02:06 AM

Stupid is as stupid does I swear this place has some of the finest examples of dumb (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)'s on the planet. So lets get this straight using some peoples logic on here . Some one steals your truck, someone takes your tools , robs your house etc.. Don't get made they are trying to stay off welfare and feed their families.For get the law against it. Right?

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/30/19 09:17 AM

What does stealing have to do with killing a WILD animal owned by no-one?

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/30/19 12:33 PM

What does stealing have to do with killing a WILD animal owned by no-one?

Most likely f these poached animals are killed in game preserves and such, where it is illegal to hunt. It's no different than trespassing and killing deer on someone else's land here in America. Regardless of whether or not it's wrong to kill rhinos, these poachers are hunting where hunting where they don't have permission to hunt.
Posted By: Martin70

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 06/30/19 12:40 PM

I know a few African poachers. Good people.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 01:47 AM

On a educational channel I saw a few villagers had a small plot of corn or maze trying to run wild elephants off.

Also saw a war torn village in which a guy and family escaped with there clothes on their backs. The thugs shot their only old poor cow. Then after a few days the family was starving and he went back and found his dead cow with maggots in it and was trying to salvage some meat from it. His kids died. I don't even want to try to judge their mind set nor would I ever want any one to be in that state of mind.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 02:23 AM

The chimps have better guns than that. Come on man.

Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 02:29 AM

Dang it Marty, I just blew pepsi out my nose. laugh laugh
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Martin70

This guy wins Trapperman for the day .
Posted By: Beaglador

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Originally Posted by Martin70

This guy wins Trapperman for the day .

I'd have to agree- but anytime Martin70 joins in it's worth paying attention.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 05:59 PM

Maybe the word poacher Is not being used correctly. If a man Is trying to feed his family so be It. If that man Is being paid to kill those critters for profit then hang him by the gonads.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 06:39 PM

If they are indigenous to that land there should be no problem with them hunting for sustenance or ceremony.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 06:41 PM

The real poachers are equipped with modern guns the guy feeding his family has work with what he has.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 11:07 PM

Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Confiscated Homemade Poachers' Guns from Zimbabwe - 07/01/19 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Maybe the word poacher Is not being used correctly. If a man Is trying to feed his family so be It. If that man Is being paid to kill those critters for profit then hang him by the gonads.

Do you feed them coyotes you are catching to your family or sell the skins to make money or even catch them for ADC purpose to make money? I know, I know, you are getting paid to catch them for a study. The point is, by your own words most of us trappers should be hung by the gonads.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums