Home

ALONE! the survival show

Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

ALONE! the survival show - 06/14/19 02:44 PM

Do we have any trappers involved this year. A couple have said that they were "experienced" trappers. There are certainly no fishermen this year.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 01:49 AM

Saw that guy last night ate muskrat, got sick and tapped. Never ate muskrat, r they poison? Agree fishing is not the thing on this series.
Posted By: m1carbine

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 01:52 AM

I have eaten muskrat,no different than rabbit.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 02:45 AM

I've eaten lots of muskrats over the years and never got sick. I like to take the hind quarters and marinade them over night in the fridge with Italian salad dressing and grill them the next day.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 02:53 AM

That one lady cut herself then a whole lot of drama broke out! LOL
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 07:37 AM

and it was a little cut to boot and barely bled. Dang drama queen.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 10:41 AM

Maybe it was just my TV but the pelvic bones of the muskrat that the guy showed after he was through eating looked like they were pretty rare. I don't think he cooked it very well.

Don't know if any are trappers. Most of them seam to be doing a lot of laying around for being in that far north and late in the year. I would think they would need to be getting with it making a good place with a fireplace and laying in some wood / food if they wanted to win.

Do they have to stay right where they are dropped of?
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 11:20 AM

For being 8 or 9 days into it, some of their shelters looked pretty sketchy. Not much protection from the cold. One person did have some snares set out. Not sure if he was a trapper.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 01:46 PM

Is there a way to watch it online? I like the buckskin lady because she makes her own clothes out of animal skins.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 02:21 PM

I was watching that gal using her knife . And I said I bet she cuts herself and she did.

Several real trappers have applied but so far they have been turned down. Both of them told me that the production company was looking for those that would fail It's all about the drama. Who would watch If there were 10 hard core outdoors people making It all look easy.

Back when It first started I was contacted but I was way to old to even attempt such an outing.
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 05:03 PM

You could buy the season for a buck on Amazon. Not sure if you still can or not.

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 05:10 PM

I know one trapper that turned them down because of insufficient perdiam during production. The buggers turned me down after signing a stack of contracts, I think because I had a history of nine months of isolation with no meltdown.

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 05:17 PM

Have you stopped trying?
Maybe that other person might reconsider know that the payback has increased. I'll have to ask him.

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 05:26 PM

Still trying

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 05:28 PM

Maybe you would have a better chance on Naked and Afraid. LOL

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 05:37 PM

Doesn't pay enough for the wife to agree to it. Not really my idea of fun either. Now being in the Arctic alone would be a dream come true;
Posted By: Machias

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/15/19 06:48 PM

I'm pretty sure the guy over cooked the muskrat and then after not eating anything for several days, I think that is why he got sick, Just a thought.
Posted By: SkyeGoode

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/17/19 05:58 PM

I was asked last month to audition for that show but I couldn't get the pardon from my full-time job to leave for 2 months. They do give you a weekly compensation though. I would love for a REAL trapper to be on one of those shows and not just that person who picks up some survival book last year and now they say they are a "homesteader".

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/17/19 07:24 PM

Naked & afraid or Alone. LOL
Posted By: ohbuyer II

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/17/19 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Naked & afraid or Alone. LOL

Hey Beav, don't knock Naked and Afraid until you tryed it.
laugh

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/17/19 08:00 PM

I love that show. LOl

The other night the chick taped out and they picked her up In a truck right at the camp site.but the guy had to walk 5 miles to get to the road. LOL
I'm betting It's harder than It looks.
Posted By: ohbuyer II

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 06/17/19 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I love that show. LOl

The other night the chick taped out and they picked her up In a truck right at the camp site.but the guy had to walk 5 miles to get to the road. LOL
I'm betting It's harder than It looks.

It is, trust me. I was on Naked and Afraid last month. cool
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 07/13/19 12:02 AM

Well, last night someone (Barry) got a big chunk of meat. He should be set to win.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 07/13/19 12:42 AM

He got that moose, should be set, finish his cabin n protect that meat. Cut lots of firewood.
Posted By: takeit

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 02/07/21 06:11 AM

It aint legal to use primitive traps in most of the US, so how could they be "experienced" at it? they dont get to take commercial snares or steel traps. These people are all too ignorant-lazy to weave the netting that would win the challenge for them. The two person rope hammock can be unraveled and the rope unraveled, the inner threads spun and woven into 1700 sq ft of 3" mesh netting. They are stuck in a 1.2 mile radius of their drop off points and half of that radius is out on the lake. It's extremely uncommon to catch or arrow a big animal on that small an area. So they just starve. That is a huge lake, with millions of lbs of big fish. To not make a watercraft, netting and chumlines to catch 600 lbs of fish in 50 days, is just stupid.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 02/07/21 12:14 PM

is this a new season or last years , you guys are talking about ,
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 02/07/21 12:53 PM

We watch it. I like it a lot better than Naked and Alone

WS

Re: ALONE! the survival show - 02/07/21 05:33 PM

Takeit, I believe you are mistaken about some of your details. Here in Oregon primitive traps are legal and I am quite experienced in using them. Several folks have make nets from paracord. Having a net does not guarantee catching fish. Barbless hooks make for really crappy set lines. I vigilant hunter can take advantage of any big game crossing their area. They have a much larger area than you are describing. I could go on but won’t.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums