Home

Ohio Buyer, give use the low down

Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 01:11 AM

I saw on the photo gallery where he posted a picture of his skinny self the day he returned from Naked and Afraid in Africa. We'd like to hear the story. Did you make it the whole time?

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/galleries/6549334/naked-and-afraid-2019
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 02:24 AM

Ok I see survival test, but why naked? That doesn't make sense
Posted By: Railroader

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 02:43 AM

Yeah definitely would like to hear about it. Has it aired already? If not, when does it air?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 03:18 AM

Probably not allowed to say anything until after the show airs.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 10:36 AM

I have a friend that has been on the show Naked and Afraid at least three times, maybe more. I believe he just got back from another one of those shows or one similar. He made to one or more that had all folks that had competed before.
Fun to watch but not a thing I would ever ever want to do.
My idea of camping is a nice lodge with a soft bed, on a good trout lake. It is also nice if the lodge serves three squares a day! Oh ya, indoor plumbing with a shower thrower in.
Used to be willing to sleep under a rock forty years ago but no desire for that stuff now.

Have not been a big follower of those shows but watch the ones Ryan is on.
Mac
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 11:44 AM

I just wonder What the $Payout money is....it has to be a lot!
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
Ok I see survival test, but why naked? That doesn't make sense

Being naked is a mental thing. An enormous psychological obstacle . This adds to the already harsh area their throwing people into. Add in the awkwardness of being partnered with someone of the opposite gender , now you've introduced a very modern twist .
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 07:08 PM

I don't get it. Weaving a skirt only takes a little while. Why stay naked?
Posted By: Mac

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 07:29 PM

Not often that I have watched the shows. But a couple of times there were some real nice looking ladies on there. Some glad it was blurred! whistle
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/07/19 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
I don't get it. Weaving a skirt only takes a little while. Why stay naked?

A lot of them do fashion clothes of sorts.

Remember these people are dropped into an area with generally 1 survival tool. They meet up with their partner.
Their 2 main goals seem to be make shelter and fire.
Once that is semi-accomplished they then have to find food and water.
The main type of clothing I'd probably want would be a pair of shoes of some sort.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 06/08/19 10:56 AM

I think its a good show , the bug bits would get me to leave
Posted By: ohbuyer II

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
I saw on the photo gallery where he posted a picture of his skinny self the day he returned from Naked and Afraid in Africa. We'd like to hear the story. Did you make it the whole time?

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/galleries/6549334/naked-and-afraid-2019

Sorry Paul, I didn't see this post. Yes my partner and myself made the 21 days. I had a blast and the experience was incredible. The show will air sometime this fall and I will make a post about the air date when I get the word.
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 06:07 PM

I watch the show once in a while and thought that being a trapper would help to get thru the 21 days, Did that help you?

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by trapNH
I watch the show once in a while and thought that being a trapper would help to get thru the 21 days, Did that help you?

Yes it helped but not as much as one would think. Its mainly a mental game. You forage for food more than trap for food. But you do use the your outdoor wits. Paying attention to your surroundings and acclimating to the environment are key to success. And a good partner is also nice.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 06:29 PM

I watched a little bit of one show and thought it was stupid. Never watched it again.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 06:38 PM

How do they get y’all ready for the show? Does a guide tell y’all what to watch out for and what you can eat and how to find water there? And, do they give you time to get ready for the drop off?
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 07:35 PM

Have you thought about trying the show "Alone", where there's large prize?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 07:43 PM

Paul they pick people that will "fail" on the show alone. If everyone was a true woods man there would be no drama.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:02 PM

I bet on some of those shows after the day's filming is finished with them scrounging for worms and beetles for lunch they bring them Big Macs and fries.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:11 PM

That's Bear Grylls and his crew you're thinking of.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:13 PM

They drop them off with a snake, an apple, and a fig leaf.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:33 PM

naked and afraid describes half my life.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:35 PM

grin

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:47 PM

I finally started watching, the "alone" show online. I don't have TV so it's all old episodes. The one thing I can't figure out, well a couple things actually, number one when they're not catching anything, they don't move somewhere else to fish, they just keep on beating the same area? And second, no one seems to kill any big game. That's totally unrealistic, it's not the way indigenous people live. They stockpile food. One woman actually released a salmon, and only took what she could eat in a day. That makes no sense to me. I'd be willing to do it, IF I can kill anything I find.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
naked and afraid describes half my life.

Lol, I don't even want to hear about the other half. grin
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/03/19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
I finally started watching, the "alone" show online. I don't have TV so it's all old episodes. The one thing I can't figure out, well a couple things actually, number one when they're not catching anything, they don't move somewhere else to fish, they just keep on beating the same area? And second, no one seems to kill any big game. That's totally unrealistic, it's not the way indigenous people live. They stockpile food. One woman actually released a salmon, and only took what she could eat in a day. That makes no sense to me. I'd be willing to do it, IF I can kill anything I find.

I remember hearing that they have to follow any and all local laws regarding hunting and such. I would assume that means only hunting and fishing with a license and in season, so they must have to purchase a license beforehand? I'm curious how that translates to other shows, especially shows in other countries, like naked and afraid.

As far as that chick releasing that fish, that was dumb. You never know when or where your next meal will come, so if you have food available, gorge yourself on it.

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Have you thought about trying the show "Alone", where there's large prize?

Yes I have but I need to let this run it’s course.

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I bet on some of those shows after the day's filming is finished with them scrounging for worms and beetles for lunch they bring them Big Macs and fries.

Ok , then why don’t you get on and find out for yourself. If you think you could actually do it.

wink

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 02:30 AM

If I went out in the woods naked with some woman, I better just go ahead and starve to death, because I'm dead when I get home anyway!
Seems like they are trying to combine Soap Opera with Survival.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 02:34 AM

I don't get the "naked" part. They blur out the naughty bits so that I can't even pass judgement on that aspect. Judging from looking at the unblurred parts, it may be a blessing that I can't see the naughty bits for most of the contestants. All in all, I find it unwatchable. It is cool that one of ours made it through the 21 days though.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 02:37 AM

If they would do the Naked thing in Alaska December and January … I might watch it …. But doubt it.

Garry-

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Actor
If they would do the Naked thing in Alaska December and January … I might watch it …. But doubt it.

Garry-

Why don’t you ask Discovery to do an episode their and volunteer?
wink
Posted By: Actor

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/04/19 10:51 PM

Not much interested in it either way … to each his own … if you enjoy that sort of thing … more power to you. I was just voicing my opinion.

Garry-

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/05/19 02:25 AM

They actually did a segment In Alaska.
If I was going to do the naked and afraid thing I'd want to do It with Laura. She's got It together and not bad to look at. LOL
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/05/19 02:41 AM

We just watched naked and afraid re run Alaska. It was May they where dropped in the snow above the tree line. It was a 14 day challenge. They had a full tanned moose hide. And 2 tanned beaver pelts. A knife pot fishing line with hooks and a fire starter. They made it. Tough ombre's.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/08/19 01:36 PM

Laura is awesome. She is doing a 60 day challenge now. Way to go Tim, I don’t think I could do it. The biting bugs would have me going insane.
Posted By: FOXCATCHER

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/08/19 04:11 PM

I love the show. I often wonder how I would do on it. Of course I’m 350 pounds so as long as I have water I’m good for a while. I could see the mental aspect getting to some. You just never know how you will react until you are in that situation.

Congratulations for making it OhiobuyerII!!!

Re: Ohio Buyer, give use the low down - 07/08/19 04:19 PM

Don't remember the persons names but that one couple was having fun being Naked.
The camera crew and the production team must be very close to the participants.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums