Home

Lynx cat

Posted By: cat catcher

Lynx cat - 06/02/19 06:34 PM

Looks like there up next, hope everyone does good.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 07:11 PM

Should be LOTS of happy cat western cat trappers!!!
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 07:28 PM

Looks like a third of them will be happy. The rest are going to have to wait til next auction. Far more buy backs than the Jan/Feb auction.
Posted By: Txcoonman

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 07:30 PM

Lots of buy backs
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 07:45 PM

The numbers are all over the place. And there are lots of Buy Backs.

Keep in mind that FHA is offering 12,000 lynxcats in helinski later on this week. Supposedly a very fine collection.

Buyers might be waiting to see what happens there.

My prediction is that there will be PT action at NAFA after the Helsinki sale.

Congrats to the shippers that a pelt (S) in the top Lot!! Would be interesting to know what states are represented.

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 08:08 PM

Was going pretty good until they got to the Semi's.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 08:18 PM

How'd the 3-4 and worse colors do?

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
How'd the 3-4 and worse colors do?

Not so hot!!
Posted By: mttrapperguy

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 08:28 PM

My 1/2 bellied cats got bought back. The 1 bellied cats did really and from there it was terrible imo. The best of the best sold the rest got bb.
Posted By: Txcoonman

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 10:27 PM

Best of the best did well but other than that, Pretty poor cat sale
Posted By: Btoutdoors

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 11:01 PM

I sold 9 out of the 13 I had there for a 113.44 average. I am happy with that for Texas cats. That average is before commission.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 11:04 PM

sold 2 at $102.50 average.
Posted By: brymoore

Re: Lynx cat - 06/02/19 11:12 PM

Two buyback of good cats. NAFA wasn’t playing any games with low bids.
Posted By: mav

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 02:33 AM

And here I was all excited! I had the best grade of cats, color wise, I’ve ever had. Some *sel xxp-xp,*l xp,l-ll xp grades this year, but all of them bought back.
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 03:09 AM

In the Feb. auction all my cats sold except one. That cat had an $800 pre sale valuation. I would have taken the $675 the buyers were offering and been happy as could be. This auction the pre sale value was also $800 dollars and I'd have been very glad to accept $500 for it. Now it just sits up at NAFA and deteriorates. On the bright side, I did have a road killed cat that I must have sewed up five feet worth of holes that brought $200.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 03:22 AM

In the Western heavy cats it appeared to me that 'clear white well spotted belly' (though not described that way) accounted for about 80% of the price in every size, back color, and select to slight damage grade. I had one XXL male, XP, select, super long supper silky well spotted fur that would have gone for about $1300 if the belly had been bright white. That cat's belly was light grey. It graded clarity 3-4 and sold for $175. "Wonder what a bottle of peroxide would have done." LOL
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 03:54 AM

Lol I though you were talking about Brent
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Furvor
In the Western heavy cats it appeared to me that 'clear white well spotted belly' (though not described that way) accounted for about 80% of the price in every size, back color, and select to slight damage grade. I had one XXL male, XP, select, super long supper silky well spotted fur that would have gone for about $1300 if the belly had been bright white. That cat's belly was light grey. It graded clarity 3-4 and sold for $175. "Wonder what a bottle of peroxide would have done." LOL

Given you yellow spots lol.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Btoutdoors
I sold 9 out of the 13 I had there for a 113.44 average. I am happy with that for Texas cats. That average is before commission.
Wow that's awesome for Texas cat
Posted By: Mike Wilhite

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
The numbers are all over the place. And there are lots of Buy Backs.

Keep in mind that FHA is offering 12,000 lynxcats in helinski later on this week. Supposedly a very fine collection.

Buyers might be waiting to see what happens there.

My prediction is that there will be PT action at NAFA after the Helsinki sale.

Congrats to the shippers that a pelt (S) in the top Lot!! Would be interesting to know what states are represented.

1 each from SD, ID, UT, and OR, the other 5 from WY.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 03:00 PM

Thanks for the list of states in the top Lot of lynxcats. All states that produce super nice cats.

I wonder if the 5 Wyoming cats were shipped by 5 different trappers or did some one hit the lynxcat jackpot with more than 1 Cat in that Lot.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Lynx cat - 06/03/19 10:21 PM

Several years ago a well known WY trapper posted that he had 3 in the same top lot of 10 where I had one. I commented at the time on his 30%.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Lynx cat - 06/04/19 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Originally Posted by Furvor

Given you yellow spots lol.

That's what black magic markers are for.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums